Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

a basic question 
is using the training tower the best way to grind - or is using the special maps (like today is magic, so it's time to give Linana and Nino a workout again), better? 

The special maps are way more efficient for stamina if you have the right map on rotation and you have a setup that can clear enough enemies. I can typically get a single 5-star unit to level 40 using 75 stamina or less using the special training maps, which takes about 15 to 20 minutes.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The special maps are way more efficient for stamina if you have the right map on rotation and you have a setup that can clear enough enemies. I can typically get a single 5-star unit to level 40 using 75 stamina or less using the special training maps, which takes about 15 to 20 minutes.

oho thanks for that :) 
So some are Obvious. 
Range = daggers etc
Bows (obvy)
Magic (obvy)
Workout + Melee - are those just for regular infantry/cavaliers and armoured units?

13 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

oho thanks for that :) 
So some are Obvious. 
Range = daggers etc
Bows (obvy)
Magic (obvy)
Workout + Melee - are those just for regular infantry/cavaliers and armoured units?

Melee is great for enemy-phase melee units. Player-phase melee units are slightly harder to work with due to the number of enemies coming at you, but it shouldn't be terrible. Slow, low-Res units will have the most trouble, though.

Range is for enemy-phase ranged units. You can pretty much just camp on the bridge with the Distant Def Sacred Seal with a Physic+ user behind them and win without doing much. I think player-phase ranged units can typically still get away with doing this, too, but you might need additional support to keep them alive.

Bows is for bows, but it's also okay for some melee units.

Magic is for tomes and units with armor-effective weapons.

Workout kind of sucks, but it's okay for bulkier units with Distant Counter and player-phase ranged units.

For enemy-phase maps, I typically run the unit I'm training, a Physic+ user with some form of defensive buff (Drive Def, Def Tactic), and units with the Experience and Valor skills if they exist.

For player-phase maps, I run the unit I'm training and three dancers.

If I ever get video recording set up, I've been meaning to make video guides of how I clear them with most characters, but videos might already just exist out there.

And the biggest tip is to make sure you don't kill the last enemy on the map unless you know it's the last enemy that spawns. Killing the last enemy will end the map early.

Edited by Ice Dragon

So, I get that not many people can understand Japanese or other languages for that matter, but I wonder what people's thoughts are on the other tier lists and stuff for FEH in different parts of the world.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

So, I get that not many people can understand Japanese or other languages for that matter, but I wonder what people's thoughts are on the other tier lists and stuff for FEH in different parts of the world.

i follow whatever is on gamepress. minus my favourite characters. (or what i've seen kick my butt in arena or something). 

7 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i follow whatever is on gamepress. minus my favourite characters. (or what i've seen kick my butt in arena or something). 

Yeah, I get that. Whenever their and Gamepedia's tier lists are updated, people link them here and sometimes from Reddit where it was post first, but I rarely see people talk about other sites dedicated to FEH. I would assume with how so many people can access the internet and can understand different languages that we'd get more than just Gamepedia and Gamepress.

For instance, https://altema.jp/fe-heroes.

Edited by Kaden

6 hours ago, Kaden said:

Regular Ephraim, mage knight Eirika, and I guess Meisterhardt make meta references. Ephraim's castle quote has him note how a lot of the lords in FE use swords and that he has an edge over them because of the weapon triangle: "The royalty of other worlds seem to prefer the sword. I like the lance. Lances have the edge over swords." Eirika's poke quote references how in Heroes, she can't attack at 1-range: "Now that I'm carrying a tome instead of a sword, I need to be careful. If the enemy gets too close, I can't fight back." And then there's Meisterhardt's infamous magic isn't everything, my friend: "In battle, a mage-knight should be equipped with more than just magic, my friend."

Libra's level 40, 5* dialogue has him, like many others in their other dialogue, wonder if his friendship with you is truly genuine: "I'd like to believe that my affection for you is my own, though." It's not. Pretty much every summoned hero is a thrall to us. Some just like to rebel a bit more than others. Ahem, Mr. "Don't Push Me". There's probably more, but I don't remember or know of them all.

Note to self NEVER read the character dialogue when I finally play. Some might find this funny, I find it rather lazy and catering to lowbrow tastes. But that is just me, and admittedly I'm probably not as high on a horse as I claim to be.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Note to self NEVER read the character dialogue when I finally play. Some might find this funny, I find it rather lazy and catering to lowbrow tastes. But that is just me, and admittedly I'm probably not as high on a horse as I claim to be.

The character quotes, spoken or dialogue boxes, are all hit or miss. The level 40, 5* dialogues are mostly misses for people since they're either player worshiping or borderline confessions. Some are really good like Seliph's and Zephiel's level 40, 5* dialogue is a nice look into what made him so misanthropic and how being around actually decent people where nobody wants to kill him or anyone senseless has worn down his views on humanity, others are kind of mundane in a way that it makes it feel like a regular conversation barring the fact you do not actually speak with anyone or are shown speaking with anyone like Marisa's, and then there are characters who get turned into gimmicks or memed up which for me excludes seasonals because they're meant to be silly.

Seliph always comes to mind for me as someone with really good dialogue in this game. Seriously, check it out: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Seliph:_Heir_of_Light/Quotes. Seliph's one of the earliest characters to be introduced into Heroes and it already feels like I'm seeing a glimpse into an Echoes for Genealogy of the Holy War.

6 hours ago, daisy jane said:

a basic question 
is using the training tower the best way to grind - or is using the special maps (like today is magic, so it's time to give Linana and Nino a workout again), better? 

I personally enjoy doing a GHB map at the appropriate level, have that unit run in and get a kill, and then hit restart. You keep the exp/SP you get from each kill, so you can do as long as you want. It can be a little grindy, but consumes no stamina, the enemies are the exact same, and sometimes doesn't require even building a whole team.

A great example is the axe armor on the Legendary Robin map, you can mages some easy exp by nuking him since he's slow, has poor Res, and he's right there where you start. You can even bring a dancer in if it doesn't die in one turn (it does have a lot of HP, after all).

edit: Note that enemies have to be at least level 31 to give SP when killed by a level 40 character, so you'll have to do the level 40 versions of GHBs if you do this

Edited by Johann

1 hour ago, Johann said:

I personally enjoy doing a GHB map at the appropriate level, have that unit run in and get a kill, and then hit restart. You keep the exp/SP you get from each kill, so you can do as long as you want. It can be a little grindy, but consumes no stamina, the enemies are the exact same, and sometimes doesn't require even building a whole team.

A great example is the axe armor on the Legendary Robin map, you can mages some easy exp by nuking him since he's slow, has poor Res, and he's right there where you start. You can even bring a dancer in if it doesn't die in one turn (it does have a lot of HP, after all).

edit: Note that enemies have to be at least level 31 to give SP when killed by a level 40 character, so you'll have to do the level 40 versions of GHBs if you do this

oh that's an idea! thanks!!!

2 hours ago, Johann said:

That reminds me of how my Lyoma got so much SP within a few days just because I kept trying to do the Legendary Ryoma map and failing so many times haha

I mean sure he gets double SP anyway because of the element he had as a legendary Hero but I was so surprised to see it so close to the higher end of the SP limit

12 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

That reminds me of how my Lyoma got so much SP within a few days just because I kept trying to do the Legendary Ryoma map and failing so many times haha

I mean sure he gets double SP anyway because of the element he had as a legendary Hero but I was so surprised to see it so close to the higher end of the SP limit

Yeah haha I had the same thing happen with many of those maps. It's a nice compensation for trying out different strategies, at the very least.

I just remembered that I have a +Res, -HP Oboro. If only she didn't get summoned as a 3* so often compared to 4* making it that more expensive to build or merge her as a 5*. And more regrets of sending home Oboro before combat manuals were a thing. Still not going to give her or anyone Berkut's Lance. He either gets injected into summoning pool like every other GHB and TT unit or some new lance unit comes with a version of it before I start inheriting limited weapons and skills some of which should have already been in the regular summoning pool like Blarwolf and B Tomebreaker.

Edited by Kaden

I'm soooooooo glad that I decided to wait for this month's weapon upgrades instead of giving Lon'qu Firesweep sword.

So Tana and two losers plus even more Abyssal cancer, and that’s basically it for the update. Yawn.
Tana’s forge interests me, everything else doesn’t.

I wonder if the Solitary Blade is going to contain a solo skill.

Edited by Vaximillian

This is the skinniest update I remember, adds next to nothing. Actually, since I don't have either of the 5-star exclusives and have no intention of promoting Lon'qu, it adds literally nothing relevant to me.

Abyssal GHBs... did we really need these? At least there’s no damn reinforcements.

Plus Tana and Innes get their overdue refines... and Lon’qu for some reason.

Tana was the first focus unit I ever tried to get since her art is fantastic. Nostalgia. I wish I used her more

IS really dropping the ball lately. This update really is pathetic

I'm hoping Lon'qu's weapon will be different enough from Wo Dao that I don't feel too bad sacrificing an Athena for him

But yeah not a lot in the update. Version 3 when already argh.

At least Abyssal GHBs are only accessories so nothing too must-have.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I'm hoping Lon'qu's weapon will be different enough from Wo Dao that I don't feel too bad sacrificing an Athena for him

But yeah not a lot in the update. Version 3 when already argh.

At least Abyssal GHBs are only accessories so nothing too must-have.

My guess is that it's a slaying weapon with a wrath refinement. Could be a solo skill as well, but we'll see