Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I decided to go back to legendary banner for reds, first circle first red orb got me another Ike. Which is great Zelgius was waiting for warding breath for completion. The rest of the circle were blues and greens couldn't resist but got nothing.

So legendary banner big success, unfortunately didn't carry over to Muspell. 100 orbs nothing. Don't have enough for another circle so will have to wait til get more orbs. I've gotten off focus pity breakers twice on this. Whatever the next 5 star is I'm done. The double shared focus is the only reason I delved back in. There won't ever be a better chance to pull a Muspell sister.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

25 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Yikes, always make sure to favorite your 5*s >_>

I pulled Spring Catria from my first Session, then got 4 Sessions of no blue Orbs -_- I may only give it one more go because Halloween is so close~

I just beat Hector's Lunatic Battle, planning out how I can beat Tiki's now~

I used to...but I haven't gotten around to reorganizing them outside of favoriting my Blessed units >_< i unfavorited all of them since I had units sorted by blessing and then movement type before the dual-favoriting system, so i cleared everything to re-sort them...

29 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Now that trainee + gen 2 armour BST is a thing, does that mean Meg will eventually power creep Zelgius? Get ready for 180 BST sword armour meg. 

I want Meg for my yet incomplete armoured girl team alongside Gwendy, Sheena, and Effie. She’s our only canonical sword knight option!

58 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Now that trainee + gen 2 armour BST is a thing, does that mean Meg will eventually power creep Zelgius? Get ready for 180 BST sword armour meg. 

I really wouldn't call it power creep if Meg comes with her actual Radiant Dawn stat distribution where she hits like a wet noodle. (But at least we'll finally have a mixed bulk sword armor.)

That said, I'm not sure if they'd actually give her a trainee bonus. Sure, she's a kid, but she doesn't canonically fit into any of the categories that result in getting the trainee boost (trainee class from Sacred Stones, Villager class from Awakening or Echoes, or Lon'qu's dragon kindergarten).

Edited by Ice Dragon

44 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I used to...but I haven't gotten around to reorganizing them outside of favoriting my Blessed units >_< i unfavorited all of them since I had units sorted by blessing and then movement type before the dual-favoriting system, so i cleared everything to re-sort them...

Do you have it set so it automatically favorites 5*s? Then you won't have to worry about doing it manually and can just reorganize it afterwards~

Big Meg would probably be a red Sheena with a bit less defense and more speed. Maybe a couple more points in attack if IS decides to be generous. I got a feeling if she’s ever added into the game, she’ll likely be demoted for the sake of adding more red armors. 

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I got a feeling if she’s ever added into the game, she’ll likely be demoted for the sake of adding more red armors. 

Would be a great thing for me and my eventual armoured girl team!

It's probably been mentioned before, but they really need to let you choose what level seal you want to use. Sometimes you need a weaker effect and it's a bit strange how you can't choose what level they are, but you can for regular skills.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

and it's a bit strange how you can't choose what level they are, but you can for regular skills.

That's because you're not choosing a level of a regular skill. You're choosing a completely different skill. Quick Riposte 1, Quick Riposte 2, and Quick Riposte 3 are three distinct skills, but only one Sacred Seal.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's because you're not choosing a level of a regular skill. You're choosing a completely different skill. Quick Riposte 1, Quick Riposte 2, and Quick Riposte 3 are three distinct skills, but only one Sacred Seal.

It'd make things even more cluttered and require more presses to get to what you want, but they could do something like a drop down box where you can choose which skill at what level you want.

I don't know, it's just that because of the exact requirements you sometimes need for certain maps, I'm very hesitant when it comes to upgrading seals unless they're probably going to be upgraded like Distant Def or Quick Riposte. Even for strategies that require, say, Spur Atk 3 on whatever abyssal map, but other strategies for lunatic or infernal maps in the past or future use Spur Atk 1 makes me wonder if upgrading that seal just for the one strategy that requires it will end up biting me in the future. I've already heard of stuff like having Atk Ploy 2 screwing over an entire strategy because the one unit whose attack dropped down 1 point too many leads to a different enemy moving in to attack instead.

24 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Who could want Chill Res and Wrath? Extra points if it’s a mergeable unit!

For Wrath, Fir comes to mind with her Nameless Blade being a Killer + Wo Dao sword. If you had a bunch of Karels, he works too. Kind of sad that you'd have to make her mom and his sister disappear for this, though. Raven and to a lesser degree in merges, Linus can also make great use of Wrath with their unique refined Basilikos, Bartre's high health and high attack paired with Wo Gun would let him do a crapton of damage whenever he's in Wrath range, Libra comes with Wo Gun by default, but he's a 4* to 5* summon unit at the moment, and I remember a build for Roy involving Wrath so he can get more damage when he's at <= 75% HP while still being able to have a follow-up on counter attack with his unique refined Binding Blade.

Otherwise, Wrath works well on almost everyone who can use it, but there are some units who can take it further because of their weapons and/or skills. You could wait until the next update is announced to see what's up. I could see Athena, Lon'qu, and Ogma in addition to Barst, Bartre, probably Hana and Hawkeye, and among others making great use of it, especially if Athena, Hawkeye, and Lon'qu's new weapons are based on their current ones i.e. if Athena gets a personal Wo Dao with whatever additional effect and if Hawkeye and Lon'qu get a personal Killing weapon with whatever additional effect. Hawkeye might want something that makes him more of a tank, though.

If you don't care about merges and want to give it to an accessible unit Alfonse could probably do some major damage with it if you can get him into double Brazen Atk/Def and Wrath range. At full health, he wouldn't be that great, but once he hits <= 75% HP, then he'd have +14 Atk/Def, +10 special damage, and -1 special cooldown at the start of a turn if he triggers his special. Anna with Wo Gun and Wrath would work too.

For Chill Res, other than Reinhardt who might prefer to have a -breaker instead or even Desperation if you're running a Brash Assault, Desperation build on him, there's Soren. Lilina has Chill Res as Forblaze's default effect, so giving it to her is redundant if you use Forblaze. Soren has Chill Atk for his Wind's Brand's default effect. Chill Spd might be better on both of them, especially Soren who'd be able to cripple the enemy's offenses, but Chill Atk and Chill Res can work too.

Edited by Kaden

I'm currently ranked number 1 on GC which is odd because I haven't used up all my lances nor do I play optimally. Only play on lunatic and most of the time I don't even get to clear the enemy fortress. Is there a reason why it's so easy to score so highly while playing badly in this mode? Also, how do you get better at this game mode? 

12 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I'm currently ranked number 1 on GC which is odd because I haven't used up all my lances nor do I play optimally. Only play on lunatic and most of the time I don't even get to clear the enemy fortress. Is there a reason why it's so easy to score so highly while playing badly in this mode? Also, how do you get better at this game mode? 

Most people don't care about GC enough to put much effort into it---you have more than enough lances to get to level 25 from just auto-battle. I usually have like half a dozen to spare after getting to level 25 from auto battling. All you get for rank is feathers, and I have 300k.

Regarding how to get better... I don't think there's much to say. Kill dudes and take camps is all the mode wants, and you can afford to lose people. So the mode wants you to have mobility (so that you can reach enemy forts in time, and so that reinforcements actually do something), enough offenses to kill someone sitting on a fort, and enough range/melee variety that you can take forts quickly. I usually end up being in position to capture the last fort with like, 12 kills out of 20, meaning I just farm the spawns for a bit before taking the fort. (Note, this is my experience from Rival Domains, I stopped playing GC once I built a team that can reliably get ~10k points per full lance bar on auto-battle.)

Even on the hardest difficulty the stats aren't high enough that you need anything better than 5* +0, so it's mostly a matter of getting as many unit-turns as possible and using them as efficiently as possible (Galeforce on a high mobility unit is more or less an auto-include into my team as a friend unit).

Edited by DehNutCase

I got to #1 for my team in the first round of GC this time round. It was only because I wanted to use up all my lances while horses got bonuses, since they remain my strongest. Fliers are my weakest so not using up any lances now... 

Edited by Cute Chao

33 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I'm currently ranked number 1 on GC which is odd because I haven't used up all my lances nor do I play optimally.

The last round is worth more points toward your team score, so there's less of a focus early on. I'd wager a decent chunk of the player base only uses the hourly free lances until later in the round.

33 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Also, how do you get better at this game mode? 

Pick maps that suit your team and spam the crap out of cavalry or fliers.

With a cavalry team, you want as wide open of a map as you can find that has a cavalry bonus if possible. With a flier team, you want an outdoor map with as much water or as many narrow pathways as possible.

I find that infantry and armors, even on maps with bonuses, simply can't move far enough to consistently reach the enemy base and capture it in the number of turns allotted. Furthermore, lower mobility is a severe limitation at choke points due to the fact that units cannot stand on the same squares.

I also recommend teaching as many units Wings of Mercy as you can. This is a game mode where mobility is king and units take a lot of non-lethal damage.

8 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Fliers are my weakest so not using up any lances now... 

If your flier team is weak, just use cavalry instead. A strong, mobile team without a bonus is going to be better than a weak team with a bonus.

Edited by Ice Dragon

i'm suffering from orb withdrawl. boo. 
i was doing some GC's and of course the baby battle i was doing to try to level up some of my new units had to face off against the units i didn't get (L!Tiki, Michy, and Karla). There is still a lot of game i can try to unlock for orbs but as i am trying to be diligent and save up, it just sucky not to try to get the units i really want to get when they are available (as well it is a blessing/curse for me to reinstate my no purchasing orb packs except maybe the monthly special, and we'll hav to see about that). 

now i just have to begin the very long slog of training my Army of Linia, Army of Nino, and Army of Ares. (and somehow find a crap tonne of feathers). i only have 113,000. 

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

They will be gone for two weeks again. Enjoy your relay defence.

Why did they replace the better mode with a worse mode for twice as long? The funny thing is I found Rival Domains to be boring but once it was back, I was happy. I guess people don't appreciate their blessings until they are taken away from them. 

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Most people don't care about GC enough to put much effort into it---you have more than enough lances to get to level 25 from just auto-battle. I usually have like half a dozen to spare after getting to level 25 from auto battling. All you get for rank is feathers, and I have 300k.

Regarding how to get better... I don't think there's much to say. Kill dudes and take camps is all the mode wants, and you can afford to lose people. So the mode wants you to have mobility (so that you can reach enemy forts in time, and so that reinforcements actually do something), enough offenses to kill someone sitting on a fort, and enough range/melee variety that you can take forts quickly. I usually end up being in position to capture the last fort with like, 12 kills out of 20, meaning I just farm the spawns for a bit before taking the fort. (Note, this is my experience from Rival Domains, I stopped playing GC once I built a team that can reliably get ~10k points per full lance bar on auto-battle.)

Even on the hardest difficulty the stats aren't high enough that you need anything better than 5* +0, so it's mostly a matter of getting as many unit-turns as possible and using them as efficiently as possible (Galeforce on a high mobility unit is more or less an auto-include into my team as a friend unit).

I'm still only on tier 16. 

I don't have a unit with gale force other than Brave Celica. I'm not wasting 20k feathers on Cordelia. Once I start losing people, the strict turn limit makes it impossible to make gains. 

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The last round is worth more points toward your team score, so there's less of a focus early on. I'd wager a decent chunk of the player base only uses the hourly free lances until later in the round.

Pick maps that suit your team and spam the crap out of cavalry or fliers.

With a cavalry team, you want as wide open of a map as you can find that has a cavalry bonus if possible. With a flier team, you want an outdoor map with as much water or as many narrow pathways as possible.

I find that infantry and armors, even on maps with bonuses, simply can't move far enough to consistently reach the enemy base and capture it in the number of turns allotted. Furthermore, lower mobility is a severe limitation at choke points due to the fact that units cannot stand on the same squares.

I also recommend teaching as many units Wings of Mercy as you can. This is a game mode where mobility is king and units take a lot of non-lethal damage.

If your flier team is weak, just use cavalry instead. A strong, mobile team without a bonus is going to be better than a weak team with a bonus.

I don't have many 5 star fliers or cavalry but I should use more of them. I do have a lot of Wings of Mercy fodder that I plan to use on a lot of my units but haven't got into using them just yet. Maybe by next GC, I'll have a built team of many WoM units. 

I thought DC and durability were the most important in this mode so I abused the most out of my V!Ike, W!Tharja, Zelgius, Myrrh and B!Hector.