Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Wait, Sheena is Axe? Why? None of the Archanea games feature Knights/Generals with Axes. I get this isn't totally unheard of, they later added Bow Faye, but it still makes little sense.

Exactly how many non-Seasonal/alt Lance Armors are there in the game BTW? I get the impression presently as a nonplayer that they aren't quite as present, or at least worthy of conversation, as the Sword and Axe Armors are, which sounds strange when Lance Armor has been by far the most common type in FE.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

34 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

what else does she typically run? 

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Slaying Axe+ [Def / Res]
Swap / Pivot
Ignis (with Vengeful Fighter) / Bonfire (with Quick Riposte)
Distant Counter
Vengeful Fighter 3 / Quick Riposte 3
Ward Armor / Armor March 3
Close Def 3 / Distant Def 3

Unless your Sheena is +Spd or something, Sheena is slow enough to run Ignis-Quick Riposte in my opinion unless her enemies are other armor units. Bonfire-Quick Riposte is only necessary if you have her mostly face off against equally slow enemies.

5 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Nope, I didn't want to get cockblocked by Silas~

I think this was the reasoning of many people.  I don't have the orb resource, but if I was swimming in it I would even consider pulling blues and reds (red for Flora).  However Silas who is a surefire demote pity breaker would be too painful.  Ophelia will definitely be on future banners without color sharing and that will be the time to go for her. 

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wait, Sheena is Axe? Why? None of the Archanea games feature Knights/Generals with Axes. I get this isn't totally unheard of, they later added Bow Faye, but it still makes little sense.

Exactly how many non-Seasonal/alt Lance Armors are there in the game BTW? I get the impression presently as a nonplayer that they aren't quite as present, or at least worthy of conversation, as the Sword and Axe Armors are, which sounds strange when Lance Armor has been by far the most common type in FE.

Effie/Wendy are in the 3-4 pool, so it's not that bad. . .well, Wendy's questionable, but Effie hits like a truck.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Same reason why Narcian has an axe.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Three. Gwendolyn, Effie, and Hardin.

Compared to three axe armors (Sheena, Hector, and Amelia) and five sword armors (Draug, Zephiel, Arden, Black Knight, and Zelgius).

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

Unless your Sheena is +Spd or something, Sheena is slow enough to run Ignis-Quick Riposte in my opinion unless her enemies are other armor units. Bonfire-Quick Riposte is only necessary if you have her mostly face off against equally slow enemies.

Generic AI units are unnecessarily slow. It's kind of annoying. So is Lukas.

@Vaximillian The best part about the TCG card is that the top left corner has "Weapon Levels: Lance A".

Edited by Ice Dragon

20 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

And yet I ended up with 3 Ophelias before I got a single Silas. Guess IS can tell which accounts belong to girls?

lol lucky, 
who knows what IS thinks. (well i know they think i'm a dupe. I was going to do another splurge on some orbs - and then i saw actually how much i spent last night + today).nopers nope nope. i got the entire Performing Arts banner, and i got Flying Nino of a fantastic nature, so this means, i have to pay penance, and miss out on Legendary, and anything else that comes along . 

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The original TCG is why. No, really.

You learn a new weird factoid every day.

Not sure what to make of that bright pink half-dress. Actually I do, If there isn't armor under there, and I don't think there is, it makes no sense why she'd armor her topside so heavily. Add in the axe, and that card is just strange. At least she has a pretty and confident face.

The TCG did have some nice artwork, I'd like poncho Tiki in FEH (were it not for her already being so present), but I think Sheema was one of its weaker ones.

Well we still have 24 Armors new hero left to possibly add. Less than Cavs, Fliers, Sword Infantries, and Axe Infantries, but not a bad number.

9 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i got the entire Performing Arts banner, and i got Flying Nino of a fantastic nature, so this means, i have to pay penance,

I hope the "penance" I'd need to pay by getting pitybroken by Katarina on the Muspell banner is not too great.

12 hours ago, Kaden said:

Tagging @Astellius and @Lewyn for this.

On the subject of this week's Rival Domains HM grinding, 5* Eliwood and BH Roy with Pass work too. They do need specific things depending on their merges and stats, but otherwise, they function the same as Camus and Finn. Both of them need to deter Saber from attacking them which is easier with Roy since he needs at least 35 total speed to prevent a speed buffed Saber from doubling him. Eliwood has to meet the same requirement which is a bit harder since he has 30 neutral speed and his lower defense could cause Saber to attack him instead of kid Tiki attacking him.

Also, if you're like me and and have a +10 merged Eliwood, he ends up taking too little damage from kid Tiki for Wings of Mercy 3 to work. =HP, -Res Eliwood at +10 is 2 damage shy from having 50% HP as kid Tiki does 20 damage to him to his 43 HP. For me, giving him L&D1 worked out since he'd take 3 more damage from her dropping him to 20/43 HP. I'm not sure how this would work for an unmerged Eliwood, but hey, Camus and Finn can sit out having maxed out their HM while Eliwood and Roy can gain HM and help grind it. Eliwood is damn sure going to pay back the feathers he needed to get to +10. I'm not about to let this dude sit on his ass having spent 150 Divine Dew for Blazing Durandal, +220k feathers (eleven 5* promotions where some were 3*), a summoned 5* Cordelia for Galeforce, almost "wasting" a Cordelia, and a 5* Hawkeye, my first 5* of this file, for Death Blow 3 on him way back then only for Klein to arrive in droves. Sure, I love him as one of my first proper lords in Fire Emblem, but no, he doesn't get a pass -- ha! -- because of that.

RIP two of my 4* Cordelias. I have a friend with a merged Cordelia, so it kind of deters me from wanting to build her as I'd rather work on someone else my friends don't have even though I like her, she's a fantastic unit, and offers Galeforce which I don't really have anyone I want to give to at the moment, but it's still good on units like Cherche, Elincia, promoted Ephraim, etc., so using her for Pass isn't ideal. Fir gives Glacies and can be a good unit if built up as well. If only I had more 4* Gaiuses. Pass seal, when? Watch it be the next Tempest Trials.

Thanks! Although my Camus has already maxed out his HM, I'm continuing to use him, since I'm actually pretty short on Pass fodder. My only Gaius went towards giving Camus Pass, and I'd like to sit on what few Firs and Cordelias I have. Who knows when I'll have to give someone else Pass! The funny thing is that the skill is actually in reasonable demand for these HM farms -- it used to be virtually useless!

I really do like these HM farms. I'm very close to getting Palla to +10, and this is speeding up the process quite a bit. I need about 8k more feathers to achieve that, although I still need to replace her weapon and give her a proper skill set. Still, this is good progress!

11 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

When was Ike’s Theme ever in Heroes? I managed to hear it while farming for HM in Rival Domains but I don’t think it was ever used for a single map unless I’m mistaken. I’m confused as hell.

Probably in the most recent version update. I'm pretty sure I heard some songs that I didn't remember being previously used while playing through Relay Defense.

44 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Probably in the most recent version update. I'm pretty sure I heard some songs that I didn't remember being previously used while playing through Relay Defense.

So I’m not crazy. I’m wondering if this could be a hint to a future Ike LHB... or just mean absolutely nothing.

So for those who like to really save up their orbs and go for certain banners.
is it like legendary banners you go for? or special holiday ones? 
I know some banners tend to repeat (like performing arts was before, and not counting the summer bonuses, there have been a few duplicates). 

I'm trying to figure out a "how to get more Flying Ninos + Not go broke" saving plan. haa. haa. 
but no seriously, i'd like to get to a point where i have a huge bank of orbs, and when say miciah's banner shows up i can be like "okay let's go." (or Holiday Azura.... why does she have to be green?!). then ignore everything else. but i'd also hate to miss out on something cool (ie: like i'm doing w/Flora and it kinda sucks)

10 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I know some banners tend to repeat (like performing arts was before, and not counting the summer bonuses, there have been a few duplicates). 

I'm trying to figure out a "how to get more Flying Ninos + Not go broke" saving plan. haa. haa. 
but no seriously, i'd like to get to a point where i have a huge bank of orbs, and when say miciah's banner shows up i can be like "okay let's go." (or Holiday Azura.... why does she have to be green?!). then ignore everything else. but i'd also hate to miss out on something cool (ie: like i'm doing w/Flora and it kinda sucks)

I usually save up for Special Banners and Legendary Banners. Because they're limited. I don't bother with Focus Banner because I can get those Heroes whenever. The last one I actively pulled from was was Heroes with Luna.

For more Peganinos, I'd just recommend waiting for her to get a Focus Banner or appear in a Legendary Banner

10 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

For me, it's about setting a goal and sticking with it.  Several months back I decided I wanted to +10 F!Grima, for a number of reasons, which meant saving up my orbs every month to unload on the legendary banners.  It sucks passing up on potentially interesting units all the time, but it gets easier the longer you play.  Over time your barracks are naturally filled out with diverse units and you get a better sense of what you actually like and need.  For example, in my Arena/AA score range I'm finding that armor and dragon-killers of all colors are worth their weight in gold.  I don't necessarily have to pull on whatever the shiny new units are to get more of those.   

Ultimately, unless you intend to spend a lot of money on this game, you're not going to be able to get everything you want.  You have to pick and choose your battles. 

30 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I only summon on Legendary banners since I like the higher % rate (even if it doesn't mean I'll get who I want) and I want more copies of the Legendaries themselves. It's nice since I've ended up with quite a few 5* exclusive heroes, but I've had some terrible luck in the past. The trick is to remind yourself that everything comes back eventually and if I don't get what I want now, then I'll just have to wait. Newer characters like Flying Nino and Flora will eventually appear on those banners and others too, so there's no rush to get them right away.

28 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I usually save up for Special Banners and Legendary Banners. Because they're limited. I don't bother with Focus Banner because I can get those Heroes whenever. The last one I actively pulled from was was Heroes with Luna.

For more Peganinos, I'd just recommend waiting for her to get a Focus Banner or appear in a Legendary Banner

Special banners being akin to the holiday ones (or specific skills or something?)
yah. i really don't have time to get some now (and in all honesty, unless i put some more monies into the pot, I'm going to have to wait until she's another focus unit or a legendary. :) (but i did get her finally. so that was also a happy yay). 

14 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

For me, it's about setting a goal and sticking with it.  Several months back I decided I wanted to +10 F!Grima, for a number of reasons, which meant saving up my orbs every month to unload on the legendary banners.  It sucks passing up on potentially interesting units all the time, but it gets easier the longer you play.  Over time your barracks are naturally filled out with diverse units and you get a better sense of what you actually like and need.  For example, in my Arena/AA score range I'm finding that armor and dragon-killers of all colors are worth their weight in gold.  I don't necessarily have to pull on whatever the shiny new units are to get more of those.   

Ultimately, unless you intend to spend a lot of money on this game, you're not going to be able to get everything you want.  You have to pick and choose your battles. 

thanks for this advice. :)
i kind of went nuts this week (truthfully) because i DID want Performance Azura etc. it did kind of shock me that i spent a lot, which really means i have to go back into my firm rule of when i get all crazy to talk to my friend so i don't do silly things like go totally nuts for RNG odds.. I do like that idea of setting a goal as well. 

6 minutes ago, Johann said:

I only summon on Legendary banners since I like the higher % rate (even if it doesn't mean I'll get who I want) and I want more copies of the Legendaries themselves. It's nice since I've ended up with quite a few 5* exclusive heroes, but I've had some terrible luck in the past. The trick is to remind yourself that everything comes back eventually and if I don't get what I want now, then I'll just have to wait. Newer characters like Flying Nino and Flora will eventually appear on those banners and others too, so there's no rush to get them right away.

thanks :)  this is also true. I will readily admit, i am always of the OOOOH. SHINNNYY variety vs. the "yah, I can wait." 

I really do appreciate all of this. 
now ideally i don't like the legendary ;) so i can put this into practice for next month. 

Thought of something dumb. How would you all feel if the developers decided to give all the default Dread Fighters of SoV -- this would include Gray who's usually associated with becoming a mercenary and Tobin because they made him a sword infantry in Heroes instead of an archer -- weapons that reduced magic damage by 50% for the first attack as a reference to their Apotrope ability? The catch is that they would all need to refine their sword to gain the effect and yes, this would include Deen, Jesse, and Kamui regardless if they are introduced with personal weapons or not. Otherwise, their sword would have whatever base effect to set them apart like Saber could have a personal Slaying Edge with built-in Shield Pulse, Gray and Tobin could have Rapier for effective damage against armors and cavalry, Deen has a personal Brave Sword, etc. Now, the other thing is if this happens, particularly if it starts with Gray, Saber, and Tobin first, the developers also preface that in addition to all of this, Divine Tyrfing will become refinable at a later date and reveal that its unique effect or even upgraded effect is reduced magic and staff damage by 50% for all hits. Too stupid? Too crazy? :p

Alternatively, how about 30% less damage for all magic hits for the Dread Fighters? Probably too powerful.

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Thought of something dumb. How would you all feel if the developers decided to give all the default Dread Fighters of SoV -- this would include Gray who's usually associated with becoming a mercenary and Tobin because they made him a sword infantry in Heroes instead of an archer -- weapons that reduced magic damage by 50% for the first attack as a reference to their Apotrope ability? The catch is that they would all need to refine their sword to gain the effect and yes, this would include Deen, Jesse, and Kamui regardless if they are introduced with personal weapons or not. Otherwise, their sword would have whatever base effect to set them apart like Saber could have a personal Slaying Edge with built-in Shield Pulse, Gray and Tobin could have Rapier for effective damage against armors and cavalry, Deen has a personal Brave Sword, etc. Now, the other thing is if this happens, particularly if it starts with Gray, Saber, and Tobin first, the developers also preface that in addition to all of this, Divine Tyrfing will become refinable at a later date and reveal that its unique effect or even upgraded effect is reduced magic and staff damage by 50% for all hits. Too stupid? Too crazy? :p

Alternatively, how about 30% less damage for all magic hits for the Dread Fighters? Probably too powerful.

I would be fine with it, TBH, I've been wanting them to do something for the Dread Fighters~

Just put Jesse and Kamui in the game already plox

26 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Special banners being akin to the holiday ones (or specific skills or something?)
yah. i really don't have time to get some now (and in all honesty, unless i put some more monies into the pot, I'm going to have to wait until she's another focus unit or a legendary. :) (but i did get her finally. so that was also a happy yay). 

Special as in Holiday Banners and ones that give Limited Time Heroes like PA or Summer Banners~ Anything that's only for a limited time are the ones I put the most effort into~

4 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I would be fine with it, TBH, I've been wanting them to do something for the Dread Fighters~

Just put Jesse and Kamui in the game already plox

Special as in Holiday Banners and ones that give Limited Time Heroes like PA or Summer Banners~ Anything that's only for a limited time are the ones I put the most effort into~

ahh. thanks :)
okay so then. i don't feel (that bad) about going teeny tiny crazy on that banner. (and i got like 7 5* units including all focuses, and all new to me, minus the duplicate Inigo, so. okay. i did okay) :) lol i might have to tag you and be "Landmaster is this a special banner?" ;) I'm sorry in advance for the bugging haha.

14 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

ahh. thanks :)
okay so then. i don't feel (that bad) about going teeny tiny crazy on that banner. (and i got like 7 5* units including all focuses, and all new to me, minus the duplicate Inigo, so. okay. i did okay) :) lol i might have to tag you and be "Landmaster is this a special banner?" ;) I'm sorry in advance for the bugging haha.

Yeah, going crazy on those banners is the best time to do it~ And that's not a problem XD Easiest way to tell is on the Event Calendar, they're the ones listed as "Special Heroes: Summoning Event" and last around a month with alternate versions of usually existing heroes (few exceptions with Charlotte, Noire, etc).