• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

28 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Nope, I didn't want to get cockblocked by Silas~

that was my reasoning not to go for Ophelia. i didn't want several silas's. 

and. now until i level up (and merge some units), i'm officially Out Of Luck in regards to book orbs on Lunatic. they keep kicking my butt. 

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I thought everyone got Fjorm? (And Garon)

You will be surprised at how many people fodder their free Fjorm and VL!Ike despite knowing how useful they are, or thinking they can get by without them even when shit like Infernal is already giving many people trouble.

Edited by XRay

38 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

VL!Ike? 
(is that sword ike?)

I can't remember how I got Fjorm. but i nursed her up and she finally hit 40 LOL

Ike: Vanguard Legend, the one with Ragnell and Warding Breath.

I just call Ike: Young Mercenary as just Ike without any descriptors since he is the original.

I name alts after their banner or epithet in the case of Legendary Heroes.

Occasionally, you get fun but fitting acronyms, like ASS!Takumi from A Sketchy Summer.

Edited by XRay

32 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

VL!Ike? 
(is that sword ike?)

I can't remember how I got Fjorm. but i nursed her up and she finally hit 40 LOL

29 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ike: Vanguard Legend, the one with Ragnell and Warding Stance.

I just call Ike: Young Mercenary as just Ike without any descriptors since he is the original.

I name alts after their banner or epithet in the case of Legendary Heroes.

Occasionally, you get fun but fitting acronyms, like ASS!Takumi from A Sketchy Summer.

When I get derogatory enough, I call the “legendary” heroes 8% heroes. Which is always except King Marth.
The Ike with Warding Breath (not Stance, that one is Halloween Sakura) is 8% Ike. The Ike with Steady Breath is CYL Ike. The Ike with Heavy BladeAether fodder is Aether fodderjust Ike.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

When I get derogatory enough, I call the “legendary” heroes 8% heroes. Which is always except King Marth.
The Ike with Warding Breath (not Stance, that one is Halloween Sakura) is 8% Ike. The Ike with Steady Breath is CYL Ike. The Ike with Heavy BladeAether fodder is Aether fodderjust Ike.

Woops. Brain fart. I will edit it again.

I am legitimately curious. 
Green is rare due to lack of units. but you get better green units (supposedly)
but (and I get it, random, whatever). out of the sheer mountain of Hawkeyes, Bartres and the like. I have one Sheena.  one. And while I have now 6 Gold units on green - one being my free Ephriam (even though it meant no hector, smart decision by me there),  i have Axeura, Peg!Nino, Inigox2, and Myrrh. (oh. and Kana).  

Now. again, even considering RNG, shouldn't there be more... Green-breaking stuff going on? Or at least new characters. (I started getting Merric about a month ago and so now he's getting kinda good. but i mean. still. ONE Sheena. 

Nothing against Bartre, (or Barst), or Arthur, but i hate them. HATE. THEM. 

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Bartre, Barst, and Arthur are all good fodder.

Is Sheena supposed to be a good unit, tho? I have a ton of her but I always feather her off because I have nothing I can inherent from her.

they are. honestly. i now have combat manuals for them so now i can create fury units for EVERYONE. (and then somehow find some units with renewal so they don't kamikaze themselves). 

According to game press she's amazingly good . they have her at Tier 2.
that's why i stopped getting mad when i was getting Raven's. apparently according to them - he's really good. 

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Is Sheena supposed to be a good unit, tho? I have a ton of her but I always feather her off because I have nothing I can inherent from her.

Good unit doesn’t equate good fodder.

Sheena is a reasonably common axe knight with well-balanced defences that provide her with a customisable enemy phase. Her being 3–4★ enables her to be relatively easily merged, too, which helps with higher scoring in the arena.

If you are looking to build a solid Armor Emblem team, Sheena is extremely hard to pass up, given her rarity. You may have foddered off enough copies of her to make a +10 ("goodness," as Gunnthra would say). Depending on her boon/bane, you can make a mixed tank out of her or build her up to be a dedicated physical/magical wall.

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

they are. honestly. i now have combat manuals for them so now i can create fury units for EVERYONE. (and then somehow find some units with renewal so they don't kamikaze themselves). 

According to game press she's amazingly good . they have her at Tier 2.
that's why i stopped getting mad when i was getting Raven's. apparently according to them - he's really good. 

I know Raven's pretty good but I didn't know about Sheena~

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Good unit doesn’t equate good fodder.

Sheena is a reasonably common axe knight with well-balanced defences that provide her with a customisable enemy phase. Her being 3–4★ enables her to be relatively easily merged, too, which helps with higher scoring in the arena.

Yeah but usually for units I don't use, I at least like for them to be able to help another unit out. I'm fine with just turning her into manuals now though

Just now, mampfoid said:

It takes one stamina pot in the special training maps ...and/or some Chrystal's to bring a unit to level 40. 

Oh well yeah, I could totally grind them up if I wanted, I just don't like Fjorm that much and Garon is bleh~ XP I only got him for the Catalog. I'll just see how Ethlyn works since I don't really use healers. Counting her, I only have two.

7 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Sheena needs a lot of investment to be good. She has access to all the powerful skills that armors have; the hard part is getting the fodder for those skills.

30 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

They're both at Lv1 so probably not the best to take to Arena~ :P

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

It takes one stamina pot in the special training maps ...and/or some Chrystal's to bring a unit to level 40. 

Less than that, even. It's typically 75 Stamina to get a 5-star unit to level 40 using the appropriate training map. For melee infantry, using the close-range training map (which will rotate back in in 2 days) with just the Close Def Sacred Seal (or Quick Riposte for slow, bulky units) and a staffie with Physic+ is typically enough to solo each map.

Crystals are always in great supply if you're too lazy, though.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sheena needs a lot of investment to be good. She has access to all the powerful skills that armors have; the hard part is getting the fodder for those skills.

Her base A and C skills look good enough on her, what else does she typically run? 

4 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Her base A and C skills look good enough on her, what else does she typically run? 

Her base A is not that good.  I rarely see armor-effective things in the arena, so unless you're really afraid of Dancing Micaiah, I think you'd be better off with something like Fury.

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

The typical builds are

Slaying Axe+ [Def / Res]
Swap / Pivot
Ignis (with Vengeful Fighter) / Bonfire (with Quick Riposte)
Distant Counter
Vengeful Fighter 3 / Quick Riposte 3
Ward Armor / Armor March 3
Close Def 3 / Distant Def 3

Slaying Axe+ [Def / Res]
Swap / Pivot
Ignis
Distant Counter / Death Blow 4 / Death Blow 3
Bold Fighter 3
Quick Riposte 3

On a budget, you can make a decent build with

Killer Axe+
Swap
Bonfire / Ignis
Svalinn Shield
Wary Fighter 3
Ward Armor

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The typical builds are

Slaying Axe+ [Def / Res]
Swap / Pivot
Ignis (with Vengeful Fighter) / Bonfire (with Quick Riposte)
Distant Counter
Vengeful Fighter 3 / Quick Riposte 3
Close Def 3 / Distant Def 3

Slaying Axe+ [Def / Res]
Swap / Pivot
Ignis
Distant Counter / Death Blow 4 / Death Blow 3
Bold Fighter 3
Quick Riposte 3

On a budget, you can make a decent build with