• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Well ... I did want a stand alone alt for Triandra eventually so we could have another Frightful Dream user

Kinda wish that they didn't waste her on the spring banner though ;/

So, counting the leak, we're expecting:

Triandra, Bernadetta, Karla, and Michalis. Michalis is probably either TT or demote, and we can probably bet on Triandra as one of the regular 5*s. My guess is that Bernie is the other regular 5* while Karla is part of the duo.

It was found an issue with Thrasir's Killing Intent+. The remixed B skill is producing a new effect that is not present in the description. If the condition for the skill is met (foe's HP is below 100% or if any Penalty is active on foe), then the extra effect is happening:

• Grants guaranteed follow-up to unit and, if there is a foe that has a stat penalty within 2 spaces of the target Thrasir is in combat with then Thrasir nullifies Guard effects.

So pretty much she is also getting Guaranteed Follow-ups and Null Guard, as long there is a stat debuffed foe near the target.

I have no idea how that happened. I wonder if this is an effect for a future hero and it was already included in the game's data for this last version update, but the  effect was accidentally programmed into Killing Intent+.

It's not that uncommon for IS to make effects not working as used to, like how we got Céline's issue last time. But this time it was different... It's not a case of Thrasir's effects not working as intended, but instead she getting 2 new effects from nowhere.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It was found an issue with Thrasir's Killing Intent+. The remixed B skill is producing a new effect that is not present in the description. If the condition for the skill is met (foe's HP is below 100% or if any Penalty is active on foe), then the extra effect is happening:

• Grants guaranteed follow-up to unit and, if there is a foe that has a stat penalty within 2 spaces of the target Thrasir is in combat with then Thrasir nullifies Guard effects.

So pretty much she is also getting Guaranteed Follow-ups and Null Guard, as long there is a stat debuffed foe near the target.

I have no idea how that happened. I wonder if this is an effect for a future hero and it was already included in the game's data for this last version update, but the  effect was accidentally programmed into Killing Intent+.

It's not that uncommon for IS to make effects not working as used to, like how we got Céline's issue last time. But this time it was different... It's not a case of Thrasir's effects not working as intended, but instead she getting 2 new effects from nowhere.

Even with two more effects, it does not feel like she is that much more powerful. Although I guess guaranteed follow-up on top of decent Spd and Null Follow-Up is kind of redundant, and Tempo just ensures she gets her guaranteed default Moonbow, or Ruptured Sky if you want to upgrade.

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I noticed the guaranteed follow-up last week in Arena Assault when my Thrasir was able to double a Legendary Robin despite Robin having ~10 more Spd than her, but I wasn't able to reproduce it again while doing some simple setups in Aether Raids mock battles.

Honestly, it sounds like someone forgot to tell someone else that something was changed, so either the writers weren't notified of the additional effects or the developers weren't notified that the additional effects were to be removed.

Either way, the undocumented effects are on brand for Thrasir, so I don't think they were meant for a different skill.

I just watched one of my Aether raids defenses for the first time in a while and it's nice to see one of my units straight up wasn't there in the replay. Brave Edelgard is in the last non bonus slot in my team layout but was not in the battle at all.  

Spoiler

ScreenCaptures_2023-03-09-082530.thumb.png.a0c86133761214994214cb2ad990638d.pngScreenCaptures_2023-03-09-082324.thumb.png.45776ee5ea0d540789b6a372e613ec7d.pngScreenCaptures_2023-03-09-082026.thumb.png.348cc18d349901074f09b0ed59edba20.png

Edited by vikingsfan92

1 hour ago, vikingsfan92 said:

I just watched one of my Aether raids defenses for the first time in a while and it's nice to see one of my units straight up wasn't there in the replay. Brave Edelgard is in the last non bonus slot in my team layout but was not in the battle at all.  

Did you drop from tier 19 to tier 18? If I recall correctly, you lose your 6th defense team slot if you drop below tier 19.

54 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Did you drop from tier 19 to tier 18? If I recall correctly, you lose your 6th defense team slot if you drop below tier 19.

That's probably it tbh haven't put too much effort in ar lately. Didn't even know this is a thing

Edited by vikingsfan92

6 hours ago, vikingsfan92 said:

That's probably it tbh haven't put too much effort in ar lately. Didn't even know this is a thing

Tier 11 and tier 19 unlock the 5th and 6th slots in your defense team, respectively, and if I remember the mechanics correctly, if you drop below that tier after reaching it, the team slot remains unlocked and you can manipulate it normally, but the unit simply won't deploy when your defense map is challenged.

Ljosalfheimr Palla is the next Resplendent up:

chara_img_00004004000029_01.png?time=167

Attack Art

Spoiler

chara_img_00004004000029_02.png?time=167

Special Art

Spoiler

chara_img_00004004000029_03.png?time=167

Damaged Art

Spoiler

chara_img_00004004000029_04.png?time=167

As one of the about ten people with a +10 OG Palla, I definitely appreciate this.

This is still just a band-aid for her painfully bad stat line, but it's the thought that counts and I'll take whatever I can get from IS.

Best execution of the fairy theme so far, but that's an exceedingly low bar to clear. Is it an upgrade over the original though? Over the dodgy original attacking art maybe, but as an overall package, no. I like it better than her other alts though.

Now, Rearmed/Ascended version when?

EDIT: Was going to say originally that every fairy so far has been a downgrade, but I forgot Corrin existed. Anyway, I assume Fairy Catria will also arrive eventually. And if there is justice in this world, Fairy Narcian.

Edited by Humanoid

She looks kinda young ;/

Besides that, the art is ... fine. But I still don't really like any of the fairy resplendent arts.

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

EDIT: Was going to say originally that every fairy so far has been a downgrade, but I forgot Corrin existed. Anyway, I assume Fairy Catria will also arrive eventually. And if there is justice in this world, Fairy Narcian.

To me, I separate the fairy types. I don't put Ljósálfr and dökkálfr on the same group.

I have to agree with you that Palla has one of the better execution of the fairy theme... or, to be more especific, the light fairy theme.

For the dark fairy theme, there are some heroes I really like with the resplendent, like Elincia, Corrin, and Deirdre (my favorite one of the dökkálfr).

Sadly, we may never get Fairy Narcian since looks like we will never get Grail Units in Resplendent Attires... I would love to have Emblian Xander, Múspell Arvis or Hel/Dökkálfr  Lyon, but oh well...

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

For the dark fairy theme, there are some heroes I really like with the resplendent, like Elincia, Corrin, and Deirdre (my favorite one of the dökkálfr).

Have to admit I often don't notice the dark fairies because their wings are so low, the wings are barely noticeable under the UI.

Thinking about Harmonized Karla, looking through the female characters with strong CYL placements as of CYL7 who have never gotten a Duo or Harmonized version:

• CYL1: Lucina (unmasked)
  • CYL6: Tiki (adult)
  • 3. Gullveig
  • 6. Bernadetta
  • 8. Robin F
  • 14. Elincia
  • 18. Anna (Awakening)
  • 20. Tsubasa
  • 25. Shez F
  • 34. Nino
  • 38. Ingrid
  • 39. Petra
  • 41. Sonia
  • 43. Nephenee
  • 44. Ayra
  • 45. Annette
  • 48. Hapi

That's more than I'd expected, actually. Looks like even out of the top 50 ranks, it's still most of them.

A new Twitter Poll is now available, to decide the next Hall of Forms Revival, scheduled to return in May.

sYPoWay.jpg

At the moment:

• Echoes is in first place in the English poll, taking ~37% of the votes.
  • Sacred Stones coming in second place, with ~32%.
  • Binding Blade is third place, with almost 16%
  • Blazing Blade at last place in the moment, with near 15% of votes.

I am not sure if Sacred Stones will be able to beat Echoes, and take first place. Meanwhile, I expect a duel between Binding and Blazing to see which one will not get removed from the poll.

My opinion about this poll is: whatever who wins, I am not getting any of them. The better ones are Echoes and Sacred Stones. I would prefer Echoes winning, because it has more units that I like that I also think have more utility overall. Sacred Stones, I only care about Myrrh. The others 3 are very meh to me.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Same, not interested in any of the units, but I'd probably prefer for Echoes to win so I don't have to babysit an armour through the event. Just as well it's winning then.

My main issue with the Ljosalf Resplendent Heroes isn't the art itself but the outfit design. Unlike the other themes, the Ljosalf outfits tend to leave too few design elements from the original outfit intact and the ones that do stay tend to be extremely stylized and are easily missed. Elise's Ljosalf outfit is pretty much the only one where you can really recognize the similarities with the original outfit without any effort. The original design elements are there in Celica's, but they're extremely stylized and probably won't be noticed unless you're actually comparing the outfits directly.

The extremely pastel color palette of most of them also doesn't help. Please use more vibrant colors. The actual Ljosalfar use light colors, but are absolutely not washed out.

I do like Palla's art, though. The bright green is gorgeous, and she at least gets to keep something resembling her pauldrons.

As far as stats go, Palla ends up with 37/37 offenses with maximum Dragonflowers, which is not great in a vacuum, but that doesn't matter because her weapon is a Brave Sword with 19 Mt and Triangle Adept (and has a net +3 gain in Spd). For anyone to be able to match that with an inheritable Brave weapon, they'd need 55 base Atk (58 with an Atk Asset) to account for the difference in effective Mt and the loss of the A slot to Triangle Adept, which is absolutely not happening. Even units with exclusive Brave weapons can't get close while simultaneously running Triangle Adept, and the only way to actually compete is to run Triangle Attack or Dual Strike support on a unit without a Brave weapon.

A unit without Triangle Adept getting support from Triangle Attack or Dual Strike would still need a 22-Mt weapon (16 Mt with +6 Atk) and 50 base Atk (53 with an Atk Asset) just to make up the difference from not having Triangle Adept.

Sure, it's a niche role that probably doesn't get used much outside of Rokkr Sieges, but it's still the easiest and most reliable strategy to use against melee green Rokkr bosses, and Palla probably has a permanent spot there because we're probably never getting a unit this good at this one thing with this availability.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I've never been a fan of the fairy themes, light fairy or dark fairy. But Palla? Thankfully, one of my favorite Archanean characters got a fairy design I actually don't mind! The attack art, specifically, is better than the non-Resplendent attack art. I have a Palla partially built, not at +10 or with all the premium skills, but partially built, and this Resplendent will definitely be appreciated in going towards completing her.

Well then, if Catria doesn't show up as a fairy too (light or dark, that would be fine by me at this point), it will bother my OCD. But at least chances aren't looking high she won't...?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I want Zephiel. I considered using a Forma Soul during his first run, but passed on it since I couldn't get Close Save on him. (Which turned out to be fortunate, since it meant I was able to get Dozla.

36 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well then, if Catria doesn't show up as a fairy too (light or dark, that would be fine by me at this point), it will bother my OCD. But at least chances aren't looking high she won't...?

She's the most popular of the trio, so I think she'll get there.

Edited by Othin