Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Shrines in Aether Raids currently hit for a maximum -11 to each stat.

Panicked Bonuses result in an additional -8 to Atk/Spd (from Golden Serpent) and -7 to Def/Res (from Fortify Def 4 and Fortify Res 4).

Two stacks of Atk Unity (from Atk/* Unity and Grand Strategy) on Shez give her +76 Atk.

Broadleaf Fan on Shez gives her another +74 Atk.

Dominance adds another +74 damage.

Foe Penalty Doubler inflicts -18 Def to Fjorm.

The Sabotage status effect inflicts -18 Def to Fjorm.

Exposure increases damage taken by Fjorm by 10.

So this is so far gives Shez a net +131 Atk, +84 damage, and -54 Def on Fjorm, counting the visible Panicked Bonuses and Penalties.

If Fjorm is inflicted with Triangle Adept (or just has it equipped), Shez's +131 Atk is boosted to +183.4 Atk. So this is already a total of 321 damage on top of the basic stats and stat-boosting passive skills.

This just leaves 79 more damage to account for to hit 400 damage before Astra, which is 57 points of Atk before accounting for weapon triangle advantage and Triangle Adept.

Broadleaf Fan has 12 Mt. Atk/* Unity grants +5 Atk. Atk/* Oath 4 grants +3 Atk. Blade Session 3 grants +9 Atk. Resonance: Blades grants +4 Atk.

That's 33 Atk, leaving only 24 Atk to go, which can easily be supplied with Blessing bonuses (+3 Atk each), Drive (+4 Atk each), Cross Spur (+5 Atk each), etc. Plus additional Def-lowering effects from the B slot (Wings of Mercy 4, etc.) and status effects on Fjorm (Discord, etc.), which aren't affected by the weapon triangle boost. And the fact that Fjorm's base Def is lower than Shez's base Atk.

EDIT: I know this isn't exactly how they're pulling it off since the stats don't match the displayed in-combat stat changes, but this is an example to show how it could be done.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Shrines in Aether Raids currently hit for a maximum -11 to each stat.

Panicked Bonuses result in an additional -8 to Atk/Spd (from Golden Serpent) and -7 to Def/Res (from Fortify Def 4 and Fortify Res 4).

Two stacks of Atk Unity (from Atk/* Unity and Grand Strategy) on Shez give her +76 Atk.

Broadleaf Fan on Shez gives her another +74 Atk.

Dominance adds another +74 damage.

Foe Penalty Doubler inflicts -18 Def to Fjorm.

The Sabotage status effect inflicts -18 Def to Fjorm.

Exposure increases damage taken by Fjorm by 10.

So this is so far gives Shez a net +131 Atk, +84 damage, and -54 Def on Fjorm, counting the visible Panicked Bonuses and Penalties.

If Fjorm is inflicted with Triangle Adept (or just has it equipped), Shez's +131 Atk is boosted to +183.4 Atk. So this is already a total of 321 damage on top of the basic stats and stat-boosting passive skills.

This just leaves 79 more damage to account for to hit 400 damage before Astra, which is 57 points of Atk before accounting for weapon triangle advantage and Triangle Adept.

Broadleaf Fan has 12 Mt. Atk/* Unity grants +5 Atk. Atk/* Oath 4 grants +3 Atk. Blade Session 3 grants +9 Atk. Resonance: Blades grants +4 Atk.

That's 33 Atk, leaving only 24 Atk to go, which can easily be supplied with Blessing bonuses (+3 Atk each), Drive (+4 Atk each), Cross Spur (+5 Atk each), etc. Plus additional Def-lowering effects from the B slot (Wings of Mercy 4, etc.) and status effects on Fjorm (Discord, etc.), which aren't affected by the weapon triangle boost. And the fact that Fjorm's base Def is lower than Shez's base Atk.

EDIT: I know this isn't exactly how they're pulling it off since the stats don't match the displayed in-combat stat changes, but this is an example to show how it could be done.

Seems like a good general estimate. Good finds!

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I haven't had battle animations turned on since probably the month the game launched, so I just assumed it was 215, with a separate 0 (or something ending in 0) that occurred the attack before - i.e Shez attacking for 0 and being countered for 215. But it's really 2150 huh? The numbers fade away one by one?

I genuinely thought the damage calc capped at 99, but only actually checking that's just the display damage on the battle calc. I really with they had a "animations off in auto battle" setting, as I do like the animations in this game but not so much that I always want to see them.

15 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I genuinely thought the damage calc capped at 99, but only actually checking that's just the display damage on the battle calc. I really with they had a "animations off in auto battle" setting, as I do like the animations in this game but not so much that I always want to see them.

Personally I'll turn them back on sometimes for special occasions, particularly Heroic Ordeals and sometimes Tactics Drills that feature cool new units I don't have.

With the coming update that will add new heroes to the game, all refined Beast Cavalry weapons will be given an updated transformation effect to match the new inheritable Beast Cav weapon Arcane Nihility.

The new effect is a Clash effect that inflicts Atk/Def-X on the enemey. X is the number of spaces moved by the unit who initiates combat +3, with a maximum possible value of 6. If X is 5 or more, then the Beast Cav will also gain 30% damage reduction on their foes first attack.

Compared to the original effect (if the Beast Cav initiates combat, inflicts Atk/Def -4 on the enemy and foe cannot make a follow-up attack), this lets Beast Cavs have an effect on both phases as well as some potential added bulk instead of just PP at the cost of dropping the enemy follow-up denial. I have to question if that effect will be missed, since NFU is an exceedingly common effect for many units.

Edited by Xenomata

Datamined info about the next Hall of Forms units:

Spoiler

From Fire Emblem: Thracia 776

• Miranda: Willful Princess (Red Tome Infantry
  • Karin: Driven Knight (Lance Flier)
  • Lifis: Terror of Iz (Axe Infantry, Seasonal [Pirate])
  • Leif: Unifier of Thracia (Colorless Bow Cavalry, Legendary)

It also turns out the new transformation effect on refined Beast Cav weapons will exist as new refinable versions of each weapon, rather than outright replacing the new effect. You can choose between the Clash or Impact versions on refining.

It is currently not known what this will mean for future Beast Cavalry weapon refines.

Edited by Xenomata

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Datamined info about the next Hall of Forms units:

Spoiler

HELL YEAH. We're getting Lifis in Hall of Forms.

No access to Spurn 4 is still a bit of a bummer, but that's not too big of an issue. I might hold back on giving him Arcane Downfall until after I can get Spurn 4 on Ganglot (or I can be my usual procrastinating self and just hold out until Velocity 4).

But figuring out what build to give him is going to be an issue since infantry have so many options now. I think the best skills right now are:

Petalfall Vase+ [Spd]
Rally Atk/Spd+ / Harsh Command+ / [any other Rally+]
Vital Astra / Godlike Reflexes
Distant A/S Solo / Atk/Spd Finish 4
Repel 4 / Close Call 4 / Phys. Null Follow / Escape Route 4 / Spd/Def Bulwark 3 / Atk/Spd Bulwark 3
Time's Pulse 4 / Atk/Spd Oath 4 / Def/Res Smoke 3

I'm not sure if Fir entered the summoning pool long enough ago for Phys. Null Follow to be available in Hall of Forms (I don't remember if I saw it as an option on Ike in this Hall of Forms).

50 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  Hide contents

HELL YEAH. We're getting Lifis in Hall of Forms.

No access to Spurn 4 is still a bit of a bummer, but that's not too big of an issue. I might hold back on giving him Arcane Downfall until after I can get Spurn 4 on Ganglot (or I can be my usual procrastinating self and just hold out until Velocity 4).

But figuring out what build to give him is going to be an issue since infantry have so many options now. I think the best skills right now are:

Petalfall Vase+ [Spd]
Rally Atk/Spd+ / Harsh Command+ / [any other Rally+]
Vital Astra / Godlike Reflexes
Distant A/S Solo / Atk/Spd Finish 4
Repel 4 / Close Call 4 / Phys. Null Follow / Escape Route 4 / Spd/Def Bulwark 3 / Atk/Spd Bulwark 3
Time's Pulse 4 / Atk/Spd Oath 4 / Def/Res Smoke 3

I'm not sure if Fir entered the summoning pool long enough ago for Phys. Null Follow to be available in Hall of Forms (I don't remember if I saw it as an option on Ike in this Hall of Forms).

Spoiler

Below are the skills that were added in last months HoF update, all from the month of April and including skills from the No Matter Where, New Heroes & Rearmed Ingird, and Mythic Heroes - Nerbuz.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FzDtM1oaYAAVs4f?format=png&name=orig

As such, it stands to reason that the skills introduced in the next HoF will be from the month of May, including skills from the New Heroes & Rearmed Chrom, Bridal Dreams, and Legendary Hero - Hinoka banners... which I'm actually confused about, because Distant AS Solo appeared for me during the revival, even though it shouldn't have been added yet.

Either way, I don't think the Tier 4 NFU skills will be added until next months HoF update.

Legendary Leif may be my most used unit in the history of the game (or at worst, tied with Legendary Azura) so I suppose a Forma of him might be nice. But I'm not sure how much he would actually benefit from an overhaul of his kit since his base one is pretty nice as-is. It'd just be mild upgrades to his passive skill slots after all, and in exchange I'd lose his Atk boon. Eh, will decide when it actually comes time to decide.

As for the GHB, Zephia's cruelty knows no bounds. It figures that she's the one to bring Atk/Spd Catch to the grail pool (without even needing to spend 20k feathers even), but for anyone who plans to build her - which is a lot of people I suspect - that means that Atk/Spd Catch will cost 500 grails apiece. Ah well, at least her arrival falls at the right time - just as I pass 980k feathers again.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

As such, it stands to reason that the skills introduced in the next HoF will be from the month of May, including skills from the New Heroes & Rearmed Chrom, Bridal Dreams, and Legendary Hero - Hinoka banners... which I'm actually confused about, because Distant AS Solo appeared for me during the revival, even though it shouldn't have been added yet.

Either way, I don't think the Tier 4 NFU skills will be added until next months HoF update.

The revival had its own announcement of new skills added, which included all of the skills from those banners, which is why Distant A/S Solo was available.

I don't know how long ago a banner has to have ended before its skills are added to the Hall of Forms pool, but the Heidr banner ended on June 30, so it'll have been nearly a full month since then when this Hall of Forms begins on the 24th.

32 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The revival had its own announcement of new skills added, which included all of the skills from those banners, which is why Distant A/S Solo was available.

I don't know how long ago a banner has to have ended before its skills are added to the Hall of Forms pool, but the Heidr banner ended on June 30, so it'll have been nearly a full month since then when this Hall of Forms begins on the 24th.

I... can't find anything like that on the english twitter, the image I showed you was the most recent one in regards to HoF skill additions. Probably one of the things that got axed in the wake of the mess twitter seems proud of itself for making... didn't see anything like that on the english facebook either. Where was this announcement made exactly?

Either way, it's pretty doubtful that any new skill additions will be made this coming HoF in that case, and I'm pretty sure it takes 2 months between the release of skills and their addition to the HoF skillpool, so again probably next month.

Edited by Xenomata

20 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I... can't find anything like that on the english twitter, the image I showed you was the most recent one in regards to HoF skill additions. Probably one of the things that got axed in the wake of the mess twitter seems proud of itself for making... didn't see anything like that on the english facebook either. Where was this announcement made exactly?

Either way, it's pretty doubtful that any new skill additions will be made this coming HoF in that case, and I'm pretty sure it takes 2 months between the release of skills and their addition to the HoF skillpool, so again probably next month.

It's in the in-game announcements board. Find the announcement that the Hall of Forms started (it's a few pages down, on July 10), tap the announcement, then tap the blue text at the top to expand the list of new skills.

Edited by Ice Dragon

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's in the in-game announcements board. Find the announcement that the Hall of Forms started (it's a few pages down, on July 10), tap the announcement, then tap the blue text at the top to expand the list of new skills.

That is... incredibly dumb, but I see it now thanks.
Wasn't even aware the announcement did anything other than explain what a Hall of Forms event is...

I would like to point out that if the rotation of titles in Limited Hero Battles works like it usually does, then the next time Engage shows up will be for Gotoh and Fomortiis in September.

That would be just a slight yikes for most people. Let’s just say I’m now especially glad that went out of my to get Summer Ivy.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

I would like to point out that if the rotation of titles in Limited Hero Battles works like it usually does, then the next time Engage shows up will be for Gotoh and Fomortiis in September.

That would be just a slight yikes for most people. Let’s just say I’m now especially glad that went out of my to get Summer Ivy.

Oof... and that's in two months. We shouldn't get another banner until there.

We could get a couple more seasonal units and maybe a Legendary or Mythic, but what we have now is pretty much what we will have to make work.

As for me, I have 3 sword units (Alear, Alear, Lumera), 2 archers (Etie, Alcryst) and a lance cav (Alfred)... with a tome flier (Zethia) coming tomorrow. I will have to make it work, I guess. Hoping they release Windsweep Sacred Seal in the next 2 TTs so I can give that to Alcryst and he doesn't have to remove his B slot.

So, I decided to try beating the Tibarn+Nailah limited BHB using only Alfred and Celine.

Hilariously enough, base kit neutral Alfred and -atk Celine are indeed able to clear the map on their own.

11 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

So, I decided to try beating the Tibarn+Nailah limited BHB using only Alfred and Celine.

Hilariously enough, base kit neutral Alfred and -atk Celine are indeed able to clear the map on their own.

This got me to try it solo with my Alear F (neutral, base kit + Mystic Boost seal). Worked on the second attempt.

17 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

5 hours ago, Othin said:

This got me to try it solo with my Alear F (neutral, base kit + Mystic Boost seal). Worked on the second attempt.

I ended up also trying this with only the free units (+0 Male Alear, +2 Lumera, +0 Etie, +2 Zephia). All neutral. No skill inheritance. No Sacred Seals.

Quite doable:

8WWXQUJ.png

Man, why couldn't Lapis have been a quest reward in addition to a direct demote (like Etie)? I want to eventually +10 her real bad (sorry Soleil, you're getting replaced), but pulling for her with no Focus is just asking to throw orbs (or worse, actual money) away.

Case in point, this post:

Spoiler

The thought of how much orbs (and money, because I refuse to believe that no money was spent to make this happen) were required to make this happen makes me physically sick.
Edited by Tybrosion

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Man, why couldn't Lapis have been a quest reward in addition to a direct demote (like Etie)? I want to eventually +10 her real bad (sorry Soleil, you're getting replaced), but pulling for her with no Focus is just asking to throw orbs (or worse, actual money) away.

If all you want is "eventually", then you really don't really have much to worry about, unlike the person in the Reddit post.

They did get either extremely lucky with their Diamants or extremely unlucky with their Lapises, though. You have a 1.41× higher chance to pull Diamant over Lapis at base rate (and the ratio gets higher as your pity rate goes up), so you should on average expect to get about 17 copies of Diamant for every 11 copies of Lapis on their release banner.

Sucks that there's no consistency in whether we get quests for these instant demotes, yeah. I would like to +10 Elice, and currently have ...one. I guess I'm on track to get that project done by around 2030.

On a completely different note, happy that the LHBs so far have been pretty mindlessly easy. Summer Edelgard by herself already trivialised two of them. But I'm dreading Arval today with FE1 units. Those self-same units that failed to get me the full Legendary Tiki LHB rewards last time around.

So, who's the first Aug 2023 Resplendent Hero going to be? Based on the Japanese voice actors of recent (dating back to April 2023) units, these characters could be more likely: 

Gwendolyn: Toa Yukinari (Resplendent Lucius)
Jakob: Junichi Suwabe (Diamant)
Hinata or Donnel: Mitsuhiro Ichiki (Summer Donnel)
Cherche, Tharja or Rhajat: Yuki Takada (Summer Tharja)
Athena or Fir: Yoko Hikasa (Summer Ivy)
Camilla or F!Morgan: Miyuki Sawashiro (Resplendent F!Robin)
CYL Ephraim or Roderick: Taku Yashiro (Summer Ephraim)
Catria: Hitomi Nabatame (Summer L'Arachel)
Nanna or Hinoka: Kaori Nazuka (Legendary Hinoka)
Maria: Aya Suzaki (Resplendent Ninian)
M!Morgan, Fallen M!Robin or Shigure: Yoshimasa Hosoya (Groom M!Robin)
A!Tiki: Ikue Otani (Bride A!Tiki)
Selena (Fates): Saori Seto (Bride Anna)
Gharnef: Ken Narita (Fallen Linus)
Oliver or Knight / Helpful Chrom: Tomokazu Sugita (Fallen Chrom)
M!Kana or Adrift M!Corrin: Nobunaga Shimazaki (Fallen Anankos)
Henry: Akemi Okamura (Cornelia)
Nephenee: Makiko Ohmoto (Kid Lyn)
Priscilla or Rebecca: Chinami Hoshimoto (Kid Rebecca)

Personally, I'm kind of hoping for Gwendy just to complete a set (Toa Yukinari also voices Cecilia, who also got a Resplendent this year).