• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wind, eh? Get ready for the next Mulagir!Lyn alt.

It would be cool if next year they do Ice theme, then.

Hmm. Would that be their first time having a single character (without a huge timeskip) appear on two seasonal banners with the same timeslot?

If its a wind tribe banner then I think that's hilarious. 

There are two males on the screen which already means there's no spot left for Hayato as that would be a third male. Three males is already unlikely to begin with, but the third one being a relatively unpopular minor character like Hayato would be extremely so. But the bald one? Strong chances that its Fuuga. That means someone at IS considered the old, very minor Corrinsexual was more important to add than poor Hayato.

A shame for Hayato fans but such a gigantic snub to the kid I can't help but find it funny. 

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This would be a Duo banner, not Harmonic, right? Best hope Hayato has, assuming it is indeed Fuuga, is to be his backpack... but yeah, it's probably unlikely.

I think that be the same situation. A duo hero involving one male is already rare these days, a duo hero involving TWO males is downright sorcery, and a duo hero of TWO males were one is Hayato is sorcery on steroids. 

14 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think that be the same situation. A duo hero involving one male is already rare these days, a duo hero involving TWO males is downright sorcery, and a duo hero of TWO males were one is Hayato is sorcery on steroids. 

Got it. Rhajat as Fuuga's backup.

---

Okay, on a more serious note, if it will be multi-game like the Fire banners, then they better put in Lewyn there. Or Thracia!Ced perhaps. Then again...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

39 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This would be a Duo banner, not Harmonic, right? Best hope Hayato has, assuming it is indeed Fuuga, is to be his backpack... but yeah, it's probably unlikely.

We got a Harmonized Hero in this slot in both 2021 and 2022, and then October and November both had Duo Heroes. 

Until I see otherwise, I’m assuming they follow that pattern this year too.

Wouldn't it be funny if that Claude-looking silhouette turned out to be someone who was very much not Claude instead?

No idea who the other one is. Maybe Fuuga.

3x male seasonals aren't super common these days, but they still show up sometimes. The most recent Halloween and New Year's banners both had even gender splits, and the Anniversary banner had 3 male units out of the 5 non-Mark units.

As for Duo/Harmonized patterns, bear in mind that 2021 and 2022 both had Duo Heroes in August, which is not the case this year. So who knows what to expect.

Now I feel like making a list of all Duo/Harmonized Heroes in order.

1. Hector+Lilina
  2. Ephraim+Lyon
  3. Marth+Elice
  4. Alfonse+Sharena
  5. Alm+Celica
  6. Idunn+Fae
  7. Palla+Catria+Est
  8. Micaiah+Sothe
  9. Mia&Masked!Marth
  10. F!Byleth+Rhea
  11. Veronica&Xander
  12. Sigurd+Deirdre
  13. Y!Tiki&Ninian
  14. Lyn+Florina
  15. Altina&Sanaki
  16. Peony+Triandra
  17. Dorothea&Lene
  18. Lif+Thrasir
  19. Myrrh&Nah
  20. Eirika+Ephraim
  21. FE2!Catria&Thea
  22. Hilda+Marianne
  23. Caeda&Plumeria
  24. Hinoka+Camilla
  25. Leif&Seliph
  26. Sothis+M!Byleth
  27. F!Corrin+Elise
  28. Lysithea&Lute
  29. Dagr+Nott
  30. Azura&Leanne
  31. Chrom+M!Robin
  32. Sonya&Tharja
  33. Ike+Mist
  34. Roy&Eliwood
  35. Edelgard&Altina
  36. Thorr+Loki
  37. Nina+Kagero
  38. Tana&Peony
  39. Duma+Mila
  40. Laegjarn+Fjorm
  41. Cordelia&Selena
  42. Askr+Embla
  43. Linde&Sara
  44. Elise+Sakura
  45. Karla&Freyja
  46. Mark+Lyn
  47. A!Tiki&Y!Tiki
  48. Shamir+Catherine
  49. Ymir+Eir
  50. Ayra&Mercedes

Huh, exactly 50 now. At least, for the next few hours.

Looks like there have been four M+M duos so far, although they're all prominent characters who already knew each other well: Ephraim+Lyon, Leif+Seliph, Chrom+Robin, and Roy+Eliwood. Meanwhile, since the introduction of Harmonized Heroes, there have been (by my count) 4 instances of back-to-back Duos and 1 instance of back-to-back Harmonized (which was adjacent to one of the double Duos).

It's also interesting to look at the characters who've shown up twice: Ephraim, Y!Tiki, Lyn, Altina, Peony, and Elise. All of them have shown up once in the lead and once in the back - and in most of those cases, both were the same type of unit. Ephraim, Lyn, and Elise are in two Duos, while Y!Tiki and Altina are in two Harmonized. Peony is the only one to show up in one of each.

Rath and Sue getting alts would be nice, but then I'd have to pull for them on a banner where I don't have a spark XD; In that respect, I'm not really sure what I'd want, haha.

Aaaaand that's it, I'm done with this game for good.

Can't go one seasonal banner without pandering to the Fodlan crowd, hell why not give the cocky shit a brand new Prf skill because he's so fucking cool... yeah no, the game has lost its appeal to me long ago, and if I'm not even able to enjoy it without being reminded that apparently everyone except me loves 3H so much that they're willing to accept being spoon-fed it every few months, then I'm out. I know when I'm not wanted and have nothing to offer anyway.

That'll save me a few thousand bucks a year...

Well, I was dead wrong. No Lethe or Sue.

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

apparently everyone except me loves 3H so much that they're willing to accept being spoon-fed it every few months, then I'm out.

I am absolutely exhausted by all the Three Houses bias they've been giving and I have zero interest in Claude in this banner. I really wish he was any other dude from a different game in the series. Heck, why not Caineghis? Or Garcia? Eliwood? Ike? Camus/Zeke? Lukas? Pretty much anyone. Sheesh.

18 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Aaaaand that's it, I'm done with this game for good.

Can't go one seasonal banner without pandering to the Fodlan crowd, hell why not give the cocky shit a brand new Prf skill because he's so fucking cool... yeah no, the game has lost its appeal to me long ago, and if I'm not even able to enjoy it without being reminded that apparently everyone except me loves 3H so much that they're willing to accept being spoon-fed it every few months, then I'm out. I know when I'm not wanted and have nothing to offer anyway.

That'll save me a few thousand bucks a year...

It's okay, 3H is legit my least favorite FE game at this point and I'm getting sick of seeing it all the time in Heroes as well.

Hope you stick around on the board at least

Edited by Sunwoo

Guys, you don't understand. Claude absolutely needed another alt so that he has as many as Edelgard (if you don't count Flame Emperor as an alt for her, that is) and Dimitri. That was a complete injustice that IS just had to correct.

Anyways on a completely unrelated note, I will now never buy Three Hopes and would sell Three Houses if I hadn't gotten it digitally. I also really regret getting Three Houses digitally.

Probably not a terrible time to cleanse my mind of Fire Emblem for a while now that I'm done with Engage. BG3 has been occupying my thoughts for a while and tomorrow Starfield will also start competing for time. Still got to get around to Solasta's Palace of Ice expansion too, and there's the Cyberpunk expansion later this month. Busy times.

Meanwhile it's safe to assume nothing major will happen with FEH aside from some minor freebies come Christmas-time before the anniversary event rolls around.

Edited by Humanoid

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Meanwhile it's safe to assume nothing major will happen with FEH aside from some minor freebies come Christmas-time before the anniversary event rolls around.

Eh, I don’t know about that. We could be in for another new hero type soon.

And somewhat related to that, the New Heroes banner later this month will add the 1,000th unit into FEH. IS might do something special (like adding a new hero type) to commemorate that.

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Eh, I don’t know about that. We could be in for another new hero type soon.

And somewhat related to that, the New Heroes banner later this month will add the 1,000th unit into FEH. IS might do something special (like adding a new hero type) to commemorate that.

IS always adds a new hero type later in the year (or not so late, in the case of Harmonized units in 2020). So I feel like it's a safe bet that we'll get something soon.

37 minutes ago, Othin said:

IS always adds a new hero type later in the year (or not so late, in the case of Harmonized units in 2020). So I feel like it's a safe bet that we'll get something soon.

In the past 2 years, the new unit type was showed as Tempest Trials bosses before being officially announced. We got Ascended Fjorm in Ice & Flame 4 TT, and then Rearmed Líf in Life & Death 3 TT.

Maybe the datamine of the update could give us some hint.

19 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

In the past 2 years, the new unit type was showed as Tempest Trials bosses before being officially announced. We got Ascended Fjorm in Ice & Flame 4 TT, and then Rearmed Líf in Life & Death 3 TT.

Maybe the datamine of the update could give us some hint.

That's true. But also those new unit types were featured on New Heroes banners. 2017-2018 had new unit types tied to elemental banners, 2019-2020 had them tied to seasonal banners, and 2021-2022 had them tied to New Heroes banners. Now that all three main banner types have two kinds to switch between, I could see them circling back to elemental banners.

Personally I'm still betting on Emblem Heroes with inheritable duo-like skill effects.

21 hours ago, Othin said:

Now I feel like making a list of all Duo/Harmonized Heroes in order.

Huh, exactly 50 now. At least, for the next few hours.

That list makes the entire duo hero mechanic feel so purposely limited.

I like how the female characters gets decided. Everyone can be a duo with anyone (as long as its a fellow girl). A very minor character like Nina can be a star and there are plenty of unique duo's like Linde/Sarah or the before mentioned Nino/Kagero. Its a fitting mechanic for a crossover game and a fun one, but how the girls are treated is pretty much the only positive thing I can say about it.

I don't like how every male character that isn't a lord is automatically disqualified from being a duo unit. Or how the lords barely get a duo and if they do they can't have a crossover duo. Instead they are limited to only talking to family.

And I also don't like how males and females are only allowed to cross over when its family. Why not have a Raven/Constance Duo? or a Sain/Manuela or even a Titania/black knight for a very uneasy teamup. There are so many duo's, some perhaps even popular that just can't happen by default and I think thats a big shame.

10 minutes ago, Sasori said:

That list makes the entire duo hero mechanic feel so purposely limited.

I like how the female characters gets decided. Everyone can be a duo with anyone (as long as its a fellow girl). A very minor character like Nina can be a star and there are plenty of unique duo's like Linde/Sarah or the before mentioned Nino/Kagero. Its a fitting mechanic for a crossover game and a fun one, but how the girls are treated is pretty much the only positive thing I can say about it.

I don't like how every male character that isn't a lord is automatically disqualified from being a duo unit. Or how the lords barely get a duo and if they do they can't have a crossover duo. Instead they are limited to only talking to family or other close ones.

And I also don't like how males and females are only allowed to cross over when its family. Why not have a Raven/Constance Duo? or a Sain/Manuela or even a Titania/black knight for a very uneasy teamup. There are so many duo's, some perhaps even popular that just can't happen by default and I think thats a big shame.

The obvious answer there is that IS is lame.

I'd like to see more male/male duo or harmonics composed of guys who don't already know each other (come on IS, you're going to pair female characters based on archetypes then I want Ryoma+Diamant and Takumi+Alcryst). It would also be nice to see male/female duo and harmonics that aren't related or love interests or have some other non-romantic bond, but as I already stated it won't happen because IS is probably afraid of backlash about shipping, whether the pairs were intended to be romantic or not.

When looked at in that respect, Duo and Harmonics are just limited and boring if you're looking for anything except female/female. And even then most of those aren't even all that interesting.

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Chaos season mythic heroes? lol

Oi, don't speak this into existence!

Edited by Sunwoo