Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Lol, well, good to know that the new Catria is going to be better than the previous one. The first Catria was like ... either +def -res or +res -def. Either way, it was kind of neutral.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Checking my D Wins, someone with a CYLyn lost to my team.  Poetic justice, I suppose.

I need to 5* my Robin to get another CYLyn check.  I used my Gronnraven Soren on a Defense Tile, and he worked marvelously.  But sadly, that's just 1 out of 7 matches I can use him.  If I can't kill her on Counter Attack, I often get screwed over by a WoM Dancer that always seems to be with her.

I swear, I've seen like 5 CYLyn, Reinhardt, WoM Dancer teams today.

I'm wondering how many Brave Lyn counters I actually want to build. Cecilia and M. Robin have done rather well. I'm thinking that I might want to build a -raven Leo and -raven Merric, but it also seems like a lot of effort.

2 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I've already got my fingers crossed for another Tellius banner since everyone is like...90% sure the next Tempest is PoR, so I'm preparing myself. Almost 50 orbs saved. Regardless of who's on the banner, I'll be pretty happy. Personally though, I think I'm more excited for a potential Jugdral banner. That's the only FE world I don't know that much about, and getting to know the characters through this game is a lot of fun.

I'm conflicted about the next banner being a Tellius one since I would really like to pull from it, but I have no orbs left after CYL. And I'll probably continue to spend those I manage to get in a last ditch attempt to get B!Lucina since I'm up to a 4% pity rate.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'm wondering how many Brave Lyn counters I actually want to build. Cecilia and M. Robin have done rather well. I'm thinking that I might want to build a -raven Leo and -raven Merric, but it also seems like a lot of effort.

I suppose my Cecilia could function as one.  I didn't think to use her that way, since Lyn nullifies buffs, but I could slap TA on her and hope for the best.  I'll need to give her Bowbreaker, too, come to think of it.  So basically my Soren's build on a horse.

I'm not sure what they were smoking when they thought breaking Horse Emblem with uber OP Horse Emblem would be a good idea.

35 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Checking my D Wins, someone with a CYLyn lost to my team.  Poetic justice, I suppose.

I need to 5* my Robin to get another CYLyn check.  I used my Gronnraven Soren on a Defense Tile, and he worked marvelously.  But sadly, that's just 1 out of 7 matches I can use him.  If I can't kill her on Counter Attack, I often get screwed over by a WoM Dancer that always seems to be with her.

I swear, I've seen like 5 CYLyn, Reinhardt, WoM Dancer teams today.

My CYL!Lyn "check" was my -Def Katarina tanking a hit from CYL!Lyn after inflicting a -8 attack debuff from Atk Ploy 3 & Atk Ploy 1 sacred seal and she only lived with like 10 HP with only 1 unit next to her. 

I really need to invest in a TA3 -raven build but I don't really know which natures are good for male Robin. I know Sophia has some nice defensive stats for a mage so I'll build her once I get a good version of her and whenever I pull a second Roy. I also am not sure which green mage I should give Gronnraven to since I'm not a fan of Cecilia enough to have 2 builds for her as the one my horse team has Gronnblade. 

Edited by tobuShogi

4 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I'm conflicted about the next banner being a Tellius one since I would really like to pull from it, but I have no orbs left after CYL. And I'll probably continue to spend those I manage to get in a last ditch attempt to get B!Lucina since I'm up to a 4% pity rate.

I know. Every couple of days, I look at my orb stash and think, "You could get Brave Lucina with those." But then I also think, "You could end up with a 4% pity rate as well." I think I'm going to try to prioritize saving orbs for now. I'm sure there will be plenty of other chances to get Lucina.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I suppose my Cecilia could function as one.  I didn't think to use her that way, since Lyn nullifies buffs, but I could slap TA on her and hope for the best.  I'll need to give her Bowbreaker, too, come to think of it.  So basically my Soren's build on a horse.

I'm not sure what they were smoking when they thought breaking Horse Emblem with uber OP Horse Emblem would be a good idea.

Now bowbreaker's a thought. For some reason I always forget about it. I wonder how Matthew would do against her. He won't be able to kill her at all...maybe with Ignis, but I think he's bulky enough to survive a hit and then tear her defenses to shreds. Leon or Gordin may be able to handle her as well...

But just think. They made her OP...and then they gave her to us for free. lol

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

But a defense team is a chance for you to express your cancer in any way you want! It's why I have Swordbreaker on Celica now...

Hey, at least my defence team is all horses.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Hmm, guys, which Gunter is worth using: a +atk -spd Gunter or a +def -res Gunter?

Even with +Spd, Gunter isn't going to be doubling anything.  +Atk is his best Boon.  You could try a Brave Axe build.

10 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

I really need to invest in a TA3 -raven build but I don't really know which natures are good for male Robin. I know Sophia has some nice defensive stats for a mage so I'll build her once I get a good version of her and whenever I pull a second Roy. I also am not sure which green mage I should give Gronnraven to since I'm not a fan of Cecilia enough to have 2 builds for her as the on my horse team has Gronnblade. 

For the longest time, I used a +HP -DEF M. Robin. (He was one of the first 5 stars I pulled before I ever knew anything about natures.) He did the job just fine. I recently promoted a +SPD -HP one for merging, and there's been a significant difference. Robin likes having over 30 SPD. I'd say +ATK is good for him since his ATK isn't anything special. +DEF probably isn't terrible either if you want Bonfire to hurt a lot.

I think Merric does well with Gronnraven since he's oddly bulky. There's also Boey who might have the best mage DEF. (Too lazy to check.) I haven't tested TA3 builds on either of these guys, but I feel like they'd do okay. Rezzy also mentioned Soren. You'd just have to be a bit more strategic with him since he's a little fragile. ..OH! Also F. Robin. Her normal tome isn't that great...but she's basically a green M. Robin with a raven tome.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Dancers are cancer, which is why I don’t use one on my defence team.

I am fine with Dancers/Singer as long as it is not with a triple cavalry team. It makes it easier to separate the Assisted unit from the rest of the team since they move forward a lot more.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Dancers are cancer, which is why I don’t use one on my defence team.

I am fine with Dancers/Singer as long as it is not with a triple cavalry team. It makes it easier to separate the Assisted unit from the rest of the team since they move forward a lot more.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Even with +Spd, Gunter isn't going to be doubling anything.  +Atk is his best Boon.  You could try a Brave Axe build.

Training him again will be a bit annoying, but if +atk -spd works for him then I'll just do it and have him as an emergency horse emblem guy. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I know. Every couple of days, I look at my orb stash and think, "You could get Brave Lucina with those." But then I also think, "You could end up with a 4% pity rate as well." I think I'm going to try to prioritize saving orbs for now. I'm sure there will be plenty of other chances to get Lucina.

Now bowbreaker's a thought. For some reason I always forget about it. I wonder how Matthew would do against her. He won't be able to kill her at all...maybe with Ignis, but I think he's bulky enough to survive a hit and then tear her defenses to shreds. Leon or Gordin may be able to handle her as well...

But just think. They made her OP...and then they gave her to us for free. lol

Considering I'm already at the 4% pity rate, I'm gonna try until the banners end or my pity rate is broken. And I'm skeptical about getting other 'easy' chances or getting B!Lucina. While I'd like to be proven wrong, I'm pretty sure every Brave units are going to remain 5* only and I don't see IS putting them on a lot of banner in the future. Meanwhile, there is a chance at least half of the units on the Tellius banner will be brought down to 4-5 stars and the 5* only will probably have a better chance than the Brave units of being featured on a banner again.

A neutral Matthew actually dies to a neutral Lyn. Sure he has 34 Spd, but after Mulagir and Swift Sparrow, Lyn reaches 42 Spd which is way more than enough to double him. And considering that same Lyn reaches 51 Atk on initiation, she'd deal 21x2, just barely getting enough damage to remove Matthew's 41 HP.

My personal answer to Lyn for regular arena is a TA Raven Sanaki who despite her low defense and middling speed can take 1 hit reasonably well and 1HKO Lyn back on the counter. 

18 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

For the longest time, I used a +HP -DEF M. Robin. (He was one of the first 5 stars I pulled before I ever knew anything about natures.) He did the job just fine. I recently promoted a +SPD -HP one for merging, and there's been a significant difference. Robin likes having over 30 SPD. I'd say +ATK is good for him since his ATK isn't anything special. +DEF probably isn't terrible either if you want Bonfire to hurt a lot.

I think Merric does well with Gronnraven since he's oddly bulky. There's also Boey who might have the best mage DEF. (Too lazy to check.) I haven't tested TA3 builds on either of these guys, but I feel like they'd do okay. Rezzy also mentioned Soren. You'd just have to be a bit more strategic with him since he's a little fragile. ..OH! Also F. Robin. Her normal tome isn't that great...but she's basically a green M. Robin with a raven tome.

The main gripe I have with male Robin is that his stats are pretty balanced so choosing a bane has been a little perplexing. HP bane means he'll have 36 HP at 5* and that looks a bit low for a tanky unit. The current male Robin I have is +Res/-Speed and most Robins I've pulled haven't really been better than that. 

I think I'm gonna go with Boey since he has +3/4 defense and +2/3 attack over Merric. Merric actually has decent speed so I'll just save myself the headache and try to aim for a -speed Boey since he's not that fast to begin with.

Edited by tobuShogi

38 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You need to use Brave Roy to see what the word stupid really means

1 minute ago, JSND said:

You need to use Brave Roy to see what the word stupid really means

Oh, Brave Roy is good, but I still have about a dozen units who can counter him and come out alive.  He and Lucina are in line with the very-good-but-don't-completely-break-the-meta level.  Ike is OP, but can still but worked around for the most part.  Lyn is like Reinhardt, but without any units that hard counter her.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Oh, Brave Roy is good, but I still have about a dozen units who can counter him and come out alive.  He and Lucina are in line with the very-good-but-don't-completely-break-the-meta level.  Ike is OP, but can still but worked around for the most part.  Lyn is like Reinhardt, but without any units that hard counter her.

I mean under your control hes like legitimately dumb. Im kicking myself now since i used to think hes the worst of the 4 when hes basically one of the best lowkey anti meta unit

His ability to run Heavy Blade and LnD is actually ridiculously stupid. Had a game once where i used Ryoma and Reinhardt as a set up fodder followed by a Desperation ORKO on BIke

Brave Roy is basically Chrom with Lucina's speed, Eliwoods weapon and Valter/Minerva niche thrown in one unit. 

7 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

A neutral Matthew actually dies to a neutral Lyn. Sure he has 34 Spd, but after Mulagir and Swift Sparrow, Lyn reaches 42 Spd which is way more than enough to double him. And considering that same Lyn reaches 51 Atk on initiation, she'd deal 21x2, just barely getting enough damage to remove Matthew's 41 HP.

But if he runs bowbreaker, she'll only be able to get in one hit. He isn't strong enough to take her out in one go, and if anyone has WoM, Matthew is probably screwed. (I think neutral Brave Lyn against my +DEF -HP Matthew with HP+3 seal leaves him with 21 HP. But battle will also give him 38 DEF with Rogue Dagger+. I think he'd be able to survive a WoM Azura. But it honestly depends on her build. XD There are way too many things to factor in. I may play with it just for fun. I'd love to get more use out of my Matthew.

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

But if he runs bowbreaker, she'll only be able to get in one hit. He isn't strong enough to take her out in one go, and if anyone has WoM, Matthew is probably screwed. (I think neutral Brave Lyn against my +DEF -HP Matthew with HP+3 seal leaves him with 21 HP. But battle will also give him 38 DEF with Rogue Dagger+. I think he'd be able to survive a WoM Azura. But it honestly depends on her build. XD There are way too many things to factor in. I may play with it just for fun. I'd love to get more use out of my Matthew.

With Bowbreaker, a 5* +Atk Matthew would barely be able to kill a Lyn with neutral HP and Def as long as she isn't under the effect of Fortify Cavalry.

3 hours ago, r_n said:

He is probably referring to Complete Gachas https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complete_gacha

Theoretically, if supports were character limited like in the main games, it could skirt close to this in a way that themed teams (horse, flier, etc) or skills don't. I think there might be other, related laws in play, but complete gachas are the one I was most familiar with.

But legality aside, doing it the way Heroes has is 10000% the best way to do it. It means no matter what units you have and what team you want to make you can ALWAYS get support bonuses and you can change them at any time to better suit your team or new units you get and the only downside is having to rebuild the support. It's also probably easier on the dev side of things since it means you don't need to manually connect & keep track of an ever growing list of units and who they can pair with and having to update this every 2 weeks 

2 hours ago, JSND said:

Compu Gacha law

Basically theres a law against Gacha game stuff for having complementary bonus on a specific set since you are not guaranteed to have those.

Brave Frontier actually got into an issue when they implemented these kind of things that 3 months or so ago the unit that got involved into the whole issue had their Support Bonus completely removed on their new evolution

Ah, the more you know. But putting it on that perspective (legally) makes sense.

In the end, yeah, it's the best move because I light version won't put too much effort on building a complex support system :P:

When is TT happening. I want it nowwww

My team for the triple score bonus will probably be Lyn, Anna, Ninian and Robin (M) while on my free time I can train some other units to learn skills, like Hone Spd 3 for Anna, Spur Res 3 for Lilina and so on.