Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

How can you be Celica AND Titania at the same time?

Welp

At least you can use the power of Ragnarok to do your taxes

How do you know we aren't all the same person?  After the event of Gaiden, Celica moved to Crimea, using the same portal Ike did in reverse and changed her name yet again to Titania.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I forgot how easy it was to earn SP during SP weekend when you just take 2 dancers, the unit you want to train and maybe a healer. Black Knight 4* is only level 30 but has all his skills learned.

Should have done that with the brave units, sheesh.

3 minutes ago, r_n said:

I forgot how easy it was to earn SP during SP weekend when you just take 2 dancers, the unit you want to train and maybe a healer. Black Knight 4* is only level 30 but has all his skills learned.

Should have done that with the brave units, sheesh.

I pretty much only train during the double SP days now, unless it's a 3-4* unit that I have multiple copies of and can merge.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I pretty much only train during the double SP days now, unless it's a 3-4* unit that I have multiple copies of and can merge.

What I usually do, even on SP weekends, is take entire squads through. So it's slower and I spread kills around more often

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

The meta is to blow things up, and it's rather difficult to do that when your base Atk stat is really low.

Yeah, it's just an observation since I noticed we haven't gotten units with low attack in a while.

It's just that at this point, I'm wondering why Henry and Odin and not as bad, Felicia have attack that low. At least units with ~25 attack have just enough and if they're a 1-range flier or infantry, they also have more stats to work with to be bulkier not to mention they wouldn't need T-Adept since they could use a gem weapon instead and Niles has Killer/Slaying Bow to make use of his high resistance for more damage. The developers made the game, they was probably QA and play-testing, so they should have known how the game would have played out and that ORKO and player phase is much, much stronger than tanking, counter-killing, and enemy phase.

2 hours ago, r_n said:

Alternatively

If they have some weird gimmick to them. Like they had a new (maybe semi-unique?) skill or weapon that under certain conditions causes their attack to skyrocket

Well, they could introduce Caeldori's personal skill Prodigy: "Damage +4 if the user's Strength or Magic stat is lower than the enemy's."

The only problem is that it would be very situational and if the damage increase isn't enough, running any other attack boosting skill would be more practical.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Yeah, it's just an observation since I noticed we haven't gotten units with low attack in a while.

It's just that at this point, I'm wondering why Henry and Odin and not as bad, Felicia have attack that low. At least units with ~25 attack have just enough and if they're a 1-range flier or infantry, they also have more stats to work with to be bulkier not to mention they wouldn't need T-Adept since they could use a gem weapon instead and Niles has Killer/Slaying Bow to make use of his high resistance for more damage. The developers made the game, they was probably QA and play-testing, so they should have known how the game would have played out and that ORKO and player phase is much, much stronger than tanking, counter-killing, and enemy phase.

Odin - Has -blade and Defiant Atk.  Before SI, he could hit +14 Atk with his skillset alone.  With the rest of his stats being not-as-bad, he'd be kind of scary.
Henry - Sky-high defense, low Speed, -raven, and Ignis look like a unit who was meant to tank an enemy's double attack, take minimal damage, then light up the opponent with Ignis.  -raven meant that he'd put dagger users in their place (Kagero nonwithstanding)
Felicia - see Henry, except for non-raven mages.  Oh, and she was meant to double.  If she didn't kill, her daggers would turn her opponent into paper.

But then SI came, and that all went out the window.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Well, they could introduce Caeldori's personal skill Prodigy: "Damage +4 if the user's Strength or Magic stat is lower than the enemy's."

The only problem is that it would be very situational and if the damage increase isn't enough, running any other attack boosting skill would be more practical.

Attack+(Attack multiples by 2.5) if attack lower than enemy. Obviously with that type of skill it'd need to be exclusive.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Odin - Has -blade and Defiant Atk.  Before SI, he could hit +14 Atk with his skillset alone.  With the rest of his stats being not-as-bad, he'd be kind of scary.
Henry - Sky-high defense, low Speed, -raven, and Ignis look like a unit who was meant to tank an enemy's double attack, take minimal damage, then light up the opponent with Ignis.  -raven meant that he'd put dagger users in their place (Kagero nonwithstanding)
Felicia - see Henry, except for non-raven mages.  Oh, and she was meant to double.  If she didn't kill, her daggers would turn her opponent into paper.

But then SI came, and that all went out the window.

Today during my Arena Assault quest, +Atk Odin buffed with 0/4/4/2 one shotted an enemy Xander on a fort for 44dmg. Not sorry at 5☆ing him.

I sacrificed Henry for Sophia because I like Sophia much more but I'd like to build a Henry.

My idea for Felicia is running Windsweep to debuff enemies without getting counters and somebody else approaching to get the kill. Or countering mages.

Buffing underused units is cool because it's a way to protest about the meta and overused units. #revolution

Also, after trying Warriors maps, it is fucking boring to train on TT. I loved how I built like 8 units yesterday with few stamina. Screw it, I'm going Warriors Mode.

Odin deserves some more love. (Well, I say this because he's one of my favorite characters, and it's sad seeing him reduced to this state...) I wonder if the devs will ever consider revamping a few of the older characters.

If mages could have access to Wrath that might help Odin out a little With +ATK and his tome at 5 stars, he'd have 38 ATK. +13 with buffbots gives him 51 which is respectable but not amazing considering it's not exactly possible to keep him fully buffed all the time. This becomes 54 or 56 with Fury 3 or LaD3. Assuming he has neutral SPD, the Hone + Fury 3 or LaD3 puts him at 39 or 41. Once again, respectable but not...amazing. Wrath would help with that attack. 

I did face an Odin in the Arena once, and he had a pretty good build. I was impressed with his stats...until I realized he had a +6 merge to achieve those stats. Poor guy.

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Odin deserves some more love. (Well, I say this because he's one of my favorite characters, and it's sad seeing him reduced to this state...) I wonder if the devs will ever consider revamping a few of the older characters.

If mages could have access to Wrath that might help Odin out a little With +ATK and his tome at 5 stars, he'd have 38 ATK. +13 with buffbots gives him 51 which is respectable but not amazing considering it's not exactly possible to keep him fully buffed all the time. This becomes 54 or 56 with Fury 3 or LaD3. Assuming he has neutral SPD, the Hone + Fury 3 or LaD3 puts him at 39 or 41. Once again, respectable but not...amazing. Wrath would help with that attack. 

I did face an Odin in the Arena once, and he had a pretty good build. I was impressed with his stats...until I realized he had a +6 merge to achieve those stats. Poor guy.

I'd say we might get Owain before another Odin.  I actually like Owain better than his Fates version.  Am I shallow for liking him less because of his outfit?  Well, that and the creepy Selena support.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'd say we might get Owain before another Odin.  I actually like Owain better than his Fates version.  Am I shallow for liking him less because of his outfit?  Well, that and the creepy Selena support.

No shame. I'd love Owain, Inigo (DancerInigoPlz), and Severa as well...though they'd have to figure out something different to make the other two different. I do like his design and character better in Awakening. But I like his awkward bromance with Niles and Leo a lot in Fates. Olivia would probably faint if she saw those fashion choices. I want art of Leo going through his Dark Mage phase.

14 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

No shame. I'd love Owain, Inigo (DancerInigoPlz), and Severa as well...though they'd have to figure out something different to make the other two different. I do like his design and character better in Awakening. But I like his awkward bromance with Niles and Leo a lot in Fates. Olivia would probably faint if she saw those fashion choices. I want art of Leo going through his Dark Mage phase.

Banned for putting that image in my head, pantsless Leo was traumatizing enough. :P:

Then again, just LOOK at how Olivia is dressed.  She's from the same army as Tharja and Henry, so I think she'd be disapproving, at most.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Banned for putting that image in my head, pantsless Leo was traumatizing enough. :P:

Then again, just LOOK at how Olivia is dressed.  She's from the same army as Tharja and Henry, so I think she'd be disapproving, at most.

Olivia's shtick is being painfully shy so I can easily see her going "BWAGH" at inigo dressing like Odin or what have you

4 minutes ago, r_n said:

Olivia's shtick is being painfully shy so I can easily see her going "BWAGH" at inigo dressing like Odin or what have you

She doesn't freak out about Henry's outfit, though, and I'd argue he's just as bad.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I choose to believe he went full on skinny jeans, sheer top, choker, dark makeup, fringed hair, and dark poetry about how he's misunderstood by everyone around him. Garon was so done with him, he gave him a master seal for his birthday.

You do have a point though. XD Part of me might see Olivia trying to be supportive of her son and his friend. Lissa would probably be all "hecks yeah" for the rebellion. Chrom doesn't know how to deal with teenagers. He drowns himself in work. 

I really want Dancer Inigo more than ever now. But I also want him to have pink hair...because he looks precious with his mother's hair color.

10 minutes ago, eclipse said:

She doesn't freak out about Henry's outfit, though, and I'd argue he's just as bad.

I don't know. This is Henry

275?cb=20160713044304

here's odin's

333?cb=20170321044757

It's not as bad as the female fates dark mage (lord knows they're worse than tharja's...) but it's showing way more

e: Are you thinking of the sorceror outfit actually? Because the men are shirtless similar to odin yeah, but no one in Awakening is one by default other than Validar.

Edited by r_n

1 minute ago, r_n said:

275?cb=20160713044304

here's odin's

333?cb=20170321044757

It's not as bad as the female fates dark mage (lord knows they're worse than tharja's...) but it's showing way more

I don't mind dressing skimpily per se.  It's just that Odin is dressed like a clown.  He's got this unsightly yellow bulge and looks like a Batman villain reject.

19 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I actually like Owain better than his Fates version.  Am I shallow for liking him less because of his outfit?  Well, that and the creepy Selena support.

Not at all. Dark Mage looks terrible in Fates. Odin even joins on Conquest in the Ice Tribe battle, there is about two dozen jokes to make out of that.

17 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I want art of Leo going through his Dark Mage phase.

He was.... young and experimenting with his "appeal" due to um, "urges of a certain sort". Ultimately he decided that love was a useless thing that made absolutely no sense to extol in ten thousand songs, stories and paintings. He likewise developed a revulsion towards sex as disgusting and base, if necessary to sustain humanity. He very much would like to forget those years of his life and how humiliating they are, he would appreciate it if you did the same. Camilla unfortunately keeps bringing it up, as she does all the memories of when he was little (the dresses, the baths, other things I cannot say) but I have to stop here. He's a grown man and would like his elder sister to recognize this! (Xander is more sensitive, Elise only knows secondhand from Camilla, but she is more sensitive as well.)

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Henry's official artwork outfit has no problems, I'm forgetting the ingame appearance, but if we go by the art, Henry is normal.

As for Laslow, what if looked something like one of the guys in this picture? (Sorry I can't find a better shot- Atlus should've released individual pics for each character.)

Spoiler

latest?cb=20130307033747

10 minutes ago, r_n said:

275?cb=20160713044304

here's odin's

333?cb=20170321044757

e: Are you thinking of the sorceror outfit actually? Because the men are shirtless similar to odin yeah, but no one in Awakening is one by default other than Validar.

Plegian Dark Mages have that see-through shirt thingy.  Assuming any sort of realism, they'll end up sweating. That type of material clings to the skin. . .wait, why am I dissecting cloth choices on a subforum dedicated to video games? :P:

Still, it's not like Ylisse was the height of prudish dressing.  Thus, I can't see Olivia fainting over Odin's get-up.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Plegian Dark Mages have that see-through shirt thingy.  Assuming any sort of realism, they'll end up sweating. That type of material clings to the skin. . .wait, why am I dissecting cloth choices on a subforum dedicated to video games? :P:

Shall I make a donation to thee oh benevolent mod? For thou hast out of thy mercy turned a blind eye to so much errata within this particular topic. I so wretched am particularly grateful given I tend to be more derailing in my wackiness than others.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He was.... young and experimenting with his "appeal" due to um, "urges of a certain sort". Ultimately he decided that love was a useless thing that made absolutely no sense to extol in ten thousand songs, stories and paintings. He likewise developed a revulsion towards sex as disgusting and base, if necessary to sustain humanity. He very much would like to forget those years of his life and how humiliating they are, he would appreciate it if you did the same. Camilla unfortunately keeps bringing it up, as she does all the memories of when he was little (the dresses, the baths, other things I cannot say) but I have to stop here. He's a grown man and would like his elder sister to recognize this! (Xander is more sensitive, Elise only knows secondhand from Camilla, but she is more sensitive as well.)

That makes me wonder what prompt the change in Camilla from the well armored gear she gave to Berkua. To the questionably designed attire she wears in the game. Puberty is weird in Nohr. 

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Shall I make a donation to thee oh benevolent mod? For thou hast out of thy mercy turned a blind eye to so much errata within this particular topic. I so wretched am particularly grateful given I tend to be more derailing in my wackiness than others.

And WHY would I blame my behavior on anyone else? :P:

Regardless, it's an interesting question, and I'd love to see actual dialogue between the various heroes.  Especially those that are from different worlds.  I think it would hilarious if Niles and Leon had a conversation together regarding. . .well, anything. . .tee-hee~!

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Still, it's not like Ylisse was the height of prudish dressing.  Thus, I can't see Olivia fainting over Odin's get-up.

Well she was fine talking with Panne and she literally does not wear pants, I suppose!

40 minutes ago, r_n said:

Well she was fine talking with Panne and she literally does not wear pants, I suppose!

Speaking of beast humanoids with no pants, or at least something that looks much like it, I think I found what you'd get if you crossed Panne with Nowi, or something close to it at least.

Spoiler

RadiantHistoria-11.jpg

latest?cb=20120802043022

And @Jingle Jangle Camilla always dressed scantily growing up. She just customized her armor later. Why does she dress sexy? The Concubine Wars taught her one man controls life and death in Nohr, and one certain way to get his favor is through his libido. This isn't to say Camilla is incestuous towards her father, she just dons what she things he likes hoping it will keep her on his good side, it's survival. Over time, she came to like her choice of clothes, but that was only later. The seductive personality goes with the survival mechanism.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer