Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

39 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I love my Fury Nino too. She does a bit of everything: passive Desperation setup, Reinhardt tanking on fort tiles, along with a small offensive boost to make her great game even better.

This is mostly a difference in playstyle, but I generally find it easier to net a KO and Reposition out ad infinitum against low Mov units, but cavalry like Reinhardt and Cecilia push me to bring out the defensive checks. Both are very deady units in their color, but Reinhardt is much more likely to be seen on a cookie-cutter team than some of his other horse brethren, with the exception of Xander and Camus who are pretty universal with their stats and weapon.

I finally built up my first Raven mage a little over a week ago: Boey. That’s probably the first time I’ve had to build a dedicated counter unit just because one unit causes so much headache without it, but on the bright side my Lightning Breath TA Fae means I never have to worry about Reinhardt anymore.

I'll admit I built Raigh just because a buddy of mine and I were doing a Heroes RP, and he challenged me to 5 star the characters we recruited. Raigh just so happened to be among the first, and I was pleasantly surprised that he functioned pretty much the same as Tharja  with her tome (though not as good since he's not as fast). She'll outclass him, but granted just about anyone with max buffs and a blade tome will destroy everyone. I use him in Arena Assault to counter Nino, Julia, and Cecilia.I actually see a LOT of Cecilias... It's scary. I like being able to bait characters, especially if there's a dancer involved. Most of the time, I can rely on the dancer's AI to be relatively stupid, but on the off chance it isn't, being able to remove a threat before it can be danced even closer to my incredibly low-res team is a blessing. 

I've built so many units to counter specific units that it's not even funny. Robin was my original Takumi counter. Then I had Distant Counter Titania, Julia, Nino, and Sonya for Reinhardt. And now I have TARaven/Bowbreaker Cecilia who handles Rein and Lyn. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Black Knight's voice is... not what I expected. I really like it, though. It seems very fitting for Zelgius, which I can appreciate. Too bad his 4-star version will be giving Ninian his Wings of Mercy >:)

My son likes to play with my Amiibos.  He is now calling the Celica one mommy.  I guess I'm officially Celica now. @Arcanite @MrSmokestack @Anacybele @Vaximillian @Anime27Arts

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

Black Knight's voice is... not what I expected. I really like it, though. It seems very fitting for Zelgius, which I can appreciate. Too bad his 4-star version will be giving Ninian his Wings of Mercy >:)

24 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I'll be giving WoM to Olivia instead!

= EDIT =

Also, somebody really loves Gunter

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20170923-125334.png

This is what you meet at the Arena

Killing the Black Knight for WoM makes me cry.  Why not use a Cain?

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

My son likes to play with my Amiibos.  He is now calling the Celica one mommy.  I guess I'm officially Celica now.

lol cute. My young cousin likes to play with mine when she's over my house too. :P

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I can count the number of Cain's I've summoned since launch on one finger. Which is to say, I've only ever summoned one. And he already made the ultimate sacrifice for Azura. Don't worry though, I do like him, so I'll definitely be keeping the 5-star version around, even if that A skill is quite tempting.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I can count the number of Cain's I've summoned since launch on one finger. Which is to say, I've only ever summoned one. And he already made the ultimate sacrifice for Azura. Don't worry though, I do like him, so I'll definitely be keeping the 5-star version around, even if that A skill is quite tempting.

I could see maybe nuking the Burger King for Steady Stance, but since we don't know when if ever we'll get more of him, I'd rather even 5* a Frederick before using up a unit we only get two of.

Y'know, I've been wondering about something for a while and it's about new units.

The last non-healer unit we've gotten with ~25 attack was Clair who has 26 attack and the only non-healers that were introduced with ~25 attack are in order, Eirika (26), Olwen (26), Jaffar (26), Ninian (24), spring Xander (25), and then Clair (26). If you include healers, then none of them have <= 25 attack since the lowest is Mist's 27 followed by bride Lyn's 28, Priscilla's 29, and Lachesis and Lucius's 32 attack.

Another thing is that there has been no units introduced with <= 23 attack. Not even a healer as I already noted. The closest is Ninian, but you could write her off because she's a refresh unit. Every unit after World of Shadows, so every banner starting with World of Radiance, has had no unit have less than average attack which to me is >=28 and <=31 attack. Some might argue 28 attack is low or below-average, but I think it's close enough to being average and there's only two units that were introduced with 28 attack: bride Lyn and Titania. Anyway, every new unit so far has been introduced with >=29 attack of which only Boey, bride Caeda, and Mathilda have as their attack. Also, bunny Lucina, Priscilla, and Rebecca, but they were introduced before World of Shadows.

And if you want to talk about GHB units, the lowest are Narcian, F!Robin, and Ursula's 29 attack. So, no GHB unit or TT unit for that matter has ever been introduced with low attack.

I can understand why there are no new units with <=25 attack and especially <=23 attack. A healer could get away with it since that would mean they could have stats pumped into their defensive stats, so you can have a very bulky healer. There are people who'd like to use an offensive healer, but healers probably have it easier when it comes to having low attack. For other units, it would probably piss off a lot of people. Fans or not, I doubt anyone would be thrilled about a unit with low attack and I'd even include people who absolutely loathe the character since some of them might still use them as a necessary evil if they're really good or maybe it would make them not want to hate them as much like maybe there's someone who hates a character for how despicable and powerful they were which are also what makes them respect the character, but if that character shows up a weakling, they might be disappointed since there would be no challenge to fighting the character they hate so much.

Part of me feels like the developers will never introduce a unit with low attack again that is not a healer or is justified by their stats and stat growths in their home games like if Cherche shows up in a seasonal banner as a cleric or mage, then she's probably going to have terrible attack considering her magic growth is 20%. Still, who knows since the next banner could have a non-healer unit with 13 base attack.

Edited by Kaden

Just now, Rezzy said:

I could see maybe nuking the Burger King for Steady Stance, but since we don't know when if ever we'll get more of him, I'd rather even 5* a Frederick before using up a unit we only get two of.

I already have a line of units that I want to 5-star for the units themselves; it's hard for me to feel motivated to 5-star a character for a skill that can be fully learned at 4-stars, even if that includes sacrificing a limited unit. Camus, +Spd Roderick, and Legion have been waiting for too long already. And all of the other units with WoM have other good fodder available at 4-stars: Palla is dedicated Moonbow provider (Odin has R Tomebreaker that I'd rather give, and Athena avoids me just as much as Cain), and Frederick gives Luna and Fortify Defense (Catria has ALSO only been pulled once, and my spare Valters are running low). 

Basically, I have a fodder problem, and after how long I've been waiting for her, Ninian is a very high priority right now.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

But Cain, Palla, and Frederick all have Wings. Dumping a limited unit for a skill you can get elsewhere is a waste. Either save up the feathers or keep Ninian’s Escape Route @DefaultBeep imo

Well... it might already be too late for that, friend.

37 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Who's Cain? It's been 7 months since launch and I haven't met a single RED BULL

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Nooo don’t abandon your inner Titania @Rezzy

But Cain, Palla, and Frederick all have Wings. Dumping a limited unit for a skill you can get elsewhere is a waste. Either save up the feathers or keep Ninian’s Escape Route @DefaultBeep imo

B-but... I don't feel like investing 20K on Palla or Frederick for WoM fodder when I can access it via Cain or a free BK. Plus I'm not the type of merging limited units. Instead, I 5☆ other units I have or promote units for fodder (like Blárblade, Raudhr/Gronnraven+ or LnD)

Edited by Quintessence

9 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Y'know, I've been wondering about something for a while and it's about new units.

The last non-healer unit we've gotten with ~25 attack was Clair who has 26 attack and the only non-healers that were introduced with ~25 attack are in order, Eirika (26), Olwen (26), Jaffar (26), Ninian (24), spring Xander (25), and then Clair (26). If you include healers, then none of them have <= 25 attack since the lowest is Mist's 27 followed by bride Lyn's 28, Priscilla's 29, and Lachesis and Lucius's 32 attack.

Another thing is that there has been no units introduced with <= 23 attack. Not even a healer as I already noted. The closest is Ninian, but you could write her off because she's a refresh unit. Every unit after World of Shadows, so every banner starting with World of Radiance, has had no unit have less than average attack which to me is >=28 and <=31 attack. Some might argue 28 attack is low or below-average, but I think it's close enough to being average and there's only two units that were introduced with 28 attack: bride Lyn and Titania. Anyway, every new unit so far has been introduced with >=29 attack of which only Boey, bride Caeda, and Mathilda have as their attack. Also, bunny Lucina, Priscilla, and Rebecca, but they were introduced before World of Shadows.

And if you want to talk about GHB units, the lowest are Narcian, F!Robin, and Ursula's 29 attack. So, no GHB unit or TT unit for that matter has ever been introduced with low attack.

I can understand why there are no new units with <=25 attack and especially <=23 attack. A healer could get away with it since that would mean they could have stats pumped into their defensive stats, so you can have a very bulky healer. There are people who'd like to use an offensive healer, but healers probably have it easier when it comes to having low attack. For other units, it would probably piss off a lot of people. Fans or not, I doubt anyone would be thrilled about a unit with low attack and I'd even include people who absolutely loathe the character since some of them might still use them as a necessary evil if they're really good or maybe it would make them not want to hate them as much like maybe there's someone who hates a character for how despicable and powerful they were which are also what makes them respect the character, but if that character shows up a weakling, they might be disappointed since there would be no challenge to fighting the character they hate so much.

Part of me feels like the developers will never introduce a unit with low attack again that is not a healer or is justified by their stats and stat growths in their home games like if Cherche shows up in a seasonal banner as a cleric or mage, then she's probably going to have terrible attack considering her magic growth is 20%. Still, who knows since the next banner could have a non-healer unit with 13 base attack.

The meta is to blow things up, and it's rather difficult to do that when your base Atk stat is really low.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

<snip>

I could see them introducing low attack (but high def/spd/res/hp) units if they decide to inflate the 3 star pool with a bunch at once. It already feels lame to grab someone like Maria out of a 5* pull, imagine if it was someone like Niles. But who knows when that might happen.

Alternatively

If they have some weird gimmick to them. Like they had a new (maybe semi-unique?) skill or weapon that under certain conditions causes their attack to skyrocket

31 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Well... it might already be too late for that, friend.

Now you have both, at least! I figured you did it already so oh well.

26 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Who's Cain? It's been 7 months since launch and I haven't met a single RED BULL

B-but... I don't feel like investing 20K on Palla or Frederick for WoM fodder when I can access it via Cain or a free BK.

I think I’ve gotten maybe two Red Bulls since launch.

It’s BK, have it your way

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

My son likes to play with my Amiibos.  He is now calling the Celica one mommy.  I guess I'm officially Celica now

How can you be Celica AND Titania at the same time?

Welp

At least you can use the power of Ragnarok to do your taxes

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Now you have both, at least! I figured you did it already so oh well.

I think I’ve gotten maybe two Red Bulls since launch.

It’s BK, have it your way

I've been messing around with a +Spd Olwen with LaD and Desperation for Tempest Trials, and WoM works out great with Desperation. Even if I had kept the 4-star Black Knight, I probably wouldn't have promoted him for a few months even for his A skill, since I still have a huge line of others to promote. The only TT unit I've promoted to merge is Masked Marth, but I'm not sure I'll even bother promoting that second 4-star from the mini TT. There's too many options for feathers!

For being so brash and excitable, Cain seems surprisingly shy. I've only pulled two or three Abels though, so maybe they're just too busy hanging out with each other to show up in any summons. And with the abundance of Ests I've had, maybe this is just continuing the ending of Mystery...

24 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I've been messing around with a +Spd Olwen with LaD and Desperation for Tempest Trials, and WoM works out great with Desperation. Even if I had kept the 4-star Black Knight, I probably wouldn't have promoted him for a few months even for his A skill, since I still have a huge line of others to promote. The only TT unit I've promoted to merge is Masked Marth, but I'm not sure I'll even bother promoting that second 4-star from the mini TT. There's too many options for feathers!

For being so brash and excitable, Cain seems surprisingly shy. I've only pulled two or three Abels though, so maybe they're just too busy hanging out with each other to show up in any summons. And with the abundance of Ests I've had, maybe this is just continuing the ending of Mystery...

See, according to TMS#FE, Cain is a little shy around women (whether this is Actual Canon remains to be seen).  Alas, your avatar is female, so I think he's shying away from her, and not necessarily you.

. . .said by someone who pulled her first Cain less than a month ago. . . :P:

Hope he shows up a bit more often, so you get more WoM for your other units~!

Just now, eclipse said:

See, according to TMS#FE, Cain is a little shy around women (whether this is Actual Canon remains to be seen).  Alas, your avatar is female, so I think he's shying away from her, and not necessarily you.

. . .said by someone who pulled her first Cain less than a month ago. . . :P:

Hope he shows up a bit more often, so you get more WoM for your other units~!

And my lead unit in Heroes is Julia... shoot, I think you might be right.

Now that I have WoM on both Azura and Ninian, I'm honestly more annoyed by the lack of Abel. The only two units I've ever managed to give Swordbreaker to are Female Corrin (normal, not Summer) and Eirika, and there's so many others that would love to have it. And I wouldn't mind using one with a good bone/boon, I actually like the guy! You'd think 5-staring an Est would've earned me some points with him...

Just now, mcsilas said:

Reminds me of when I pulled a Cain, sacrificed him to Lucina for a defense team that I planned but never implemented in the end.

Then Ninian came the week after. Should have kept that extra Cain for a bit longer!

I gave up my Cain to Azura a week or two after the mini Tempest Trial banner. However, this was a carefully planned choice: I knew as soon as I gave up something I had been saving for months to give to Ninian, then she would appear out of spite. Considering she appeared on the free pull of her BHB banner, I think it worked. Giving up BK instead is a small price to pay for having Ninian at all, at least for me.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

And my lead unit in Heroes is Julia... shoot, I think you might be right.

Now that I have WoM on both Azura and Ninian, I'm honestly more annoyed by the lack of Abel. The only two units I've ever managed to give Swordbreaker to are Female Corrin (normal, not Summer) and Eirika, and there's so many others that would love to have it. And I wouldn't mind using one with a good bone/boon, I actually like the guy! You'd think 5-staring an Est would've earned me some points with him...

I use Sully for my Swordbreaker needs.  She can also donate Draw Back.  Spare Abels are a premium, and there's no way I'm sacrificing Ike for that skill!