Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

15 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

+10 to just Strength in Thracia (along with a ton of skills though, which could be options)

That's probably because the weapon is unused in FE5.

15 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Is there already a personal weapon that has Vantage 2 built in?

Valaskjalf.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Yeah I don't think it's worth putting much stock in the relevance of FE5 featuring particular ability sets on weapons that were in the game's code but did not actually appear in any context outside of hacking.

Edited by Othin

30 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I think Bruno's weapon has build in vantage.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's probably because the weapon is unused in FE5.

Valaskjalf.

Shoot, you're right. I completely forgot about him. Also that the Gáe Bolg was unused in FE5; I knew it wasn't obtainable, but I thought it could be seen on Altena at some point, for some reason. I doubt they'll base it off of that, then. Not sure what they'll do for it then, assuming Quan does make it in the banner at all.

6 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Whoa so I got a chance to pull on Threaten Speed banner and got Takumi. I already have a +Atk -Hp one but who's a good recipient for Close Counter? Should I aboard the Boey train?

there is no Boey train oO besides he needs really good Team snyergy to work

24 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Also that the Gáe Bolg was unused in FE5; I knew it wasn't obtainable, but I thought it could be seen on Altena at some point, for some reason.

Nope, no Gae Bolg for that appearance. She gets Deen's Vantage+Brave Dragon Lance (Dragonspear/Dragonpike?) instead.

59 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Whoa so I got a chance to pull on Threaten Speed banner and got Takumi. I already have a +Atk -Hp one but who's a good recipient for Close Counter? Should I aboard the Boey train?

Hold on to that Takumi. A certain red-haired man from an upcoming GHB could benefit from it. I heard he likes barbecues and that he's very good at grilling things. He could always use some pineapple juice to go with the hot stuff. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

How many of you would be fine with Gáe Bolg having the following passives? 

- Grants ATK/DEF+2 and accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1).

- Unit takes 4 damage after combat.

Spoiler

Would it be too powerful? It's basically Valter's Cursed Lance, except with a stat boost to DEF instead of SPD. The stat boosts to ATK and DEF will make it similar to how Gáe Bolg functioned in its source game as it granted the wielder bonuses to Strength and Defense. For the increase to the third stat, Skill, I could not think of a better passive to reference that when translated to Heroes, so that was where the reduced Special charge came from. And finally, like the Cursed Lance, the Gáe Bolg is also known to be cursed, hence the HP reduction after combat. 

I know it's extremely unlikely that IS will design Gáe Bolg  to be faithful to its original incarnation, given their track record with some of the other legendary weapons in FEH (i.e. Tyrfing).

8 minutes ago, Zhu Qiao said:

Reveal hidden contents

Would it be too powerful? It's basically Valter's Cursed Lance, except with a stat boost to DEF instead of SPD. The stat boosts to ATK and DEF will make it similar to how Gáe Bolg functioned in its source game as it granted the wielder bonuses to Strength and Defense. For the increase to the third stat, Skill, I could not think of a better passive to reference that when translated to Heroes, so that was where the reduced Special charge came from. And finally, like the Cursed Lance, the Gáe Bolg is also known to be cursed, hence the HP reduction after combat. 

I know it's extremely unlikely that IS will design Gáe Bolg  to be faithful to its original incarnation, given their track record with some of the other legendary weapons in FEH (i.e. Tyrfing).

I think it'd be strange for it to be so close to the Cursed Lance, especially since it's also a lance wielded by a flier.

2 minutes ago, Zhu Qiao said:

Hide contents

I'm not a big fan of HP-draining effects, but I guess it would fit with the lore of the Gáe Bolg. The biggest problem I can see with it is, if/when Altena does get added, it would make her a lot less unique when compared to Valter. Of course, units like Minerva and Michalis outright share the same weapon, and they still end up being fairly unique just from their stats alone, but it would be odd to make Altena and Valter's weapons so similar when they have zero connection.

I wouldn't say that the Gáe Bolg being faithful is that unlikely; Heroes has just been somewhat hit-or-miss in regards to the accuracy. The Falchion not only kept its effectiveness against dragons, but they also translated its use as a healing item pretty well. Likewise, Naga's passive abilities are a perfect translation of its Awakening effects, just slightly scaled down. Mystletainn's effect is a good translation of the original's skill increase and Critical skill, and Excalibur has had its effectiveness against fliers in every Archanea game, as well as Merric's preference for it. There are definitely some odd ones, but IS's track record is far from bad so far.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

I think it'd be strange for it to be so close to the Cursed Lance, especially since it's also a lance wielded by a flier.

That would be a problem. It's not like...making the Devil Axe the axe counterpart of the Cursed Lance and exclusive to Gonzalez; an axe infantry unit. Gáe Bolg would need a different effect. 

Just now, Xenomata said:

Why is there so much talk about Genealogy stuff? Did I miss some news?

Nah, it's just the normal excitement for the likely Genealogy banner that's up next. At least, as far as I know.

Just now, Xenomata said:

Why is there so much talk about Genealogy stuff? Did I miss some news?

Did you miss out on the Favaro leaks? The leak was spot-on on stuff like the PoR banner, BK TT reward, Narcian twitter thing and so on. It also stated that we're getting a Genealogy banner with Sigurd on it and an Arvis GHB. 

8 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Nah, it's just the normal excitement for the likely Genealogy banner that's up next. At least, as far as I know.

Oh, well that's not new... hope people aren't talking about Armor Mage again.

5 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Did you miss out on the Favaro leaks? The leak was spot-on on stuff like the PoR banner, BK TT reward, Narcian twitter thing and so on. It also stated that we're getting a Genealogy banner with Sigurd on it and an Arvis GHB. 

I don't really pay much attention to leaks (largely cause I'm not on reddit so I learn about leaks on here), and plus all the text when I do check the leaks out just confuses me til headache. So I guess I missed that part.

Also I really only started paying attention to leaks at the Dauntless Crimeans update.

Edited by Xenomata

So if the next one is Genealogy, which game should they represent next?

I mean the only Lords we don't have as far as I know are Leif and Micaiah.

I don't think they'll do Jugdral in a row after FE4, so I guess they could go with Micaiah, which is Tellius again (so soon after Crimeans banner though).

Then maybe FE5 and Leif after Micaiah. Well, that is if they care about representing all the games before the year ends.

Micaiah I can see with the Dawn Brigade, although part of me hopes she will be accompanied by other characters (Kieran? Laguz? Maybe they'll shoehorn in RD Ike somewhere?)

I love how much of a bait Gae Bolg in FE4 really are. You get them for one chapter on Quan and then it was like "HOLY SHIT QUAN IS EVEN MORE AWESOME" and then its gone. In gen 2 they indirectly hypes up the return of Gae Bolg by having Leif stealing the spotlight from Seliph despite it not being his game yet

When you get them back you get it on Proto Vaida, except Vaida is a good unit who destroyed what is left of the game. Altenna sucks and 70% of it is Kaga trolling her, 30% of it is FE4 being pinnacle of making sense. It kinda makes Leif monologue about not having Holy Weapon really dumb since the Holy Weapon he'd have claims into sucks really hard, and everyone would envy Leif as the only playable SAGE KING ON HORSE in gen 2

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

17 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Altenna sucks

excuse u

I think you mean "Altena is the best and most important character in Jugdral and any potential gameplay issues she may or may not have can and should be ignored."

23 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I don't think they'll do Jugdral in a row after FE4, so I guess they could go with Micaiah, which is Tellius again (so soon after Crimeans banner though).

Then maybe FE5 and Leif after Micaiah. Well, that is if they care about representing all the games before the year ends.

Micaiah I can see with the Dawn Brigade, although part of me hopes she will be accompanied by other characters (Kieran? Laguz? Maybe they'll shoehorn in RD Ike somewhere?)

Honestly, I kinda hope neither of FE5 or FE10 are represented next, with how recently Jugdral and Tellius have had new representation. FE6 hasn't had anyone added since Klein, and the New Mystery banner was a little while ago now, so one of those could be due for more characters (not necessarily New Mystery specifically, but Archanea in general). Maybe some of the Archanea Saga characters? Malice and Dice seem decently popular, at least relatively so.

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

excuse u

I think you mean "Altena is the best and most important character in Jugdral and any potential gameplay issues she may or may not have can and should be ignored."

Leif is more important m820

Praise the King of Sage

Taste the Rescue Staff

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Leif is more important m820

Praise the King of Sage

Taste the Rescue Staff

I love Leif.

He's probably my favorite Lord character.

But I want him to become a staff unit in Heroes because they already failed me with Lachesis. If she can't be a sword unit, then nobody can.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I love Leif.

He's probably my favorite Lord character.

But I want him to become a staff unit in Heroes because they already failed me with Lachesis. If she can't be a sword unit, then nobody can.

Inb4 he entered Heroes as the exclusive wielder of Rescue Staff

Just now, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Inb4 he entered Heroes as the exclusive wielder of Rescue Staff

Only if the Rescue Staff is "Brings another unit next to you, but it ends their turn and brings them to 1 HP and also doesn't actually bring a unit to you because it's terrible."

If he can't be the best, then he had better be the absolute worst.

In seriousness though, it would be perfect if he could get his Light Brand. With built-in Distant Counter, but targets a unit's Res instead of Def, to be more faithful to its original form, as well as to make him stand out from Ryoma and Ike. Not sure if that's possible with how unit types work in Heroes, but it would be cool if it happened. Or make his sword's special effect be targeting Res, and then finally bring back the Distant Counter A skill. Or make him a staff user and give him Absorb, because that's basically the Earth Sword right? Right?? LACHESIS WHY

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Probably RD, Thracia, TMS#FE or even Cipher. RD Ike is worthy of his own, separate banner. 

Micaiah would probably bring in part of the Dawn Brigade with her. Probably something like this: Micaiah (tome), Sothe (dagger), Edward (sword), Nolan (axe). Laguz like Lethe and Ranulf will most likely be from PoR. As for Thracia, Leif would bring Nanna, of course. Probably Finn as well. 

@DefaultBeepLeif's Light Brand to target Res in FEH would be quite nice and it'd give him a niche. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Probably RD, Thracia, TMS#FE or even Cipher. RD Ike is worthy of his own, separate banner. 

RD Ike is worthy of getting retconned out.

I’d think it’s either the Dawn Brigade with Micaiah in forefront, or the Leonster crew with Leif.

In the worst case, the RD representation is going to be Ike, Soren, Titania, and Amy.

5 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Leif's Light Brand to target Res in FEH would be quite nice and it'd give him a niche. 

That's my hope, assuming they actually do it. With how many great sword units we already have (including multiple with Distant Counter already), it would be perfect for making him desirable in his own way. I'm just not sure how doable it is in the game's engine.

Can't wait for another Echoes banner to show up after Genealogy.