Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, I can’t abandon you now. We will stand together, bracing for the impact of the news, whenever it comes.

I appreciate the support, my friend. We will remain strong, and fight, even if Tailtiu ends up with stats comparable to Sophia. Although it may take me a while to recover from it if that happens.

Out of curiosity, since you've been very vocal about saving your orbs for this banner for a while now... How many orbs do you have now?

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Out of curiosity, since you've been very vocal about saving your orbs for this banner for a while now... How many orbs do you have now?

Only 73. About 30 or 40 got accidentally spent on other banners during the week with nothing to show for it.

I expect around 14 orbs today not counting the chain challenges.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Only 73. About 30 or 40 got accidentally spent on other banners during the week with nothing to show for it.

I expect around 14 orbs today not counting the chain challenges.

Ah, we're a bit closer than I thought, then. I've got 40 right now, thanks to buying a 75 orb pack for the PA banner and getting Olivia before using all of them. That's almost enough for three full sessions with the free pull and other orbs, though the Arena orbs should help a bit with that too. If you get a good Deirdre fairly quickly, who are you going to try for next? Or will you tempt fate for a merged Deirdre?

What is Tailtiu like in Genealogy of the Holy War for those who've played it?

I'm looking at her wiki page right now and with base stats of 28 HP, 10 Mag, 10 Spd, 1 Def, and 9 Res and stat growths of 60% HP, 20% Mag, 40% Spd, 10% Def, and 10% Res, I'm thinking a mage myrmidon who leans towards having higher resistance than defense. We don't really have a mage myrmidon. The fastest of the mages have low HP and the ones that kind of seem like myrmidons like Celica and Tharja don't have high, +36 neutral speed. If I were to use a general ranged unit as an example, then a mage myrmidon would have Gaius's stats: 42 HP, 29 Atk, 36 Spd, 22 Def, and 19 Spd. With Tailtiu, since she'd lean towards resistance and her defense would be a bit lower, I'm thinking of something like 42 HP, 29 Atk, 38 Spd, 15 Def, and 24 Res. Yeah, she'd be built to abuse Blarblade if that's the case. All the speed in the world to blitz the hell out of people. The HP thing would also be hilarious since she'd be able to use Panic Ploy pretty well. +Spd would give her 41 neutral speed, so you could slap L&D3 on her for 46 total speed. Have fun. :p

Probably not the case. I don't remember what her stats were like when she was shown in the trailer to have an idea of what she'd be like.

Edit: Okay... She had 31 HP in the trailer and did 19x2 to the axe fighter while both Dierdre and Sigurd had 34 HP in the trailer. Dierdre only did 21x2 against the axe fighter while Sigurd did 28x2. Sigurd having high HP makes sense and probably Dierdre if they make her pretty bulky. Anyway, that probably throws out my idea out.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

If you get a good Deirdre fairly quickly, who are you going to try for next? Or will you tempt fate for a merged Deirdre?

I want both Sigurd and Tailtiu, so I can’t quite decide. Gameplaywise, I’d love a foot blue blade mage, but I’d also love a strong red cavalier. Characterwise, both are too good to choose one too :(

@Kaden Tiltyu is far from being a mage myrmidon, at least her FE4 version. She might have 10 base spd, but thunder magic is quite heavy in Genealogy. She has decent magic and res, and relies only in being at low health and deleting stuff with Thoron Wrath crts. She's squishy as fuck, so there's that.

= EDIT =

Sorry for double posting, internet didn't load Kaden's post :{

Edited by Quintessence

If Seliph gets the 40% on that TT, I need a new unit, or this will be my first TT without a 40%er. (Or I need to see if I still have a Seliph I haven't foddered, but I have doubts.)

I have Eldigan, Lachesis and Julia trained, mostly. Julia has no inheritance and Lachesis has only a little, but Eldigan is pretty good. Plus, Tempest bonuses. (Julia's also -Atk.)

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

@Kaden Tiltyu is far from being a mage myrmidon, at least her FE4 version. She might have 10 base spd, but thunder magic is the heaviest tomes in Genealogy, making her unable to double. She has decent magic and res, and relies only in being at low health and deleting stuff with Thoron Wrath crts. She's squishy as fuck, so there's that.

= EDIT =

Sorry for double posting, internet didn't load Kaden's post :{

No, fire is heavier than thunder in that game. Also, she doesn't have Pursuit, so she couldn't double even if she was fast.

But yeah, her strategy is to take a hit to get into Wrath range, then blast stuff with Thoron.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

If Seliph gets the 40% on that TT, I need a new unit, or this will be my first TT without a 40%er. (Or I need to see if I still have a Seliph I haven't foddered, but I have doubts.)

I’m still calling the banner trio and Seliph for 40%, and Ayra and the rest for 20%. Much like Ike last tempest, Seliph is the relevant lord for the game.

Just now, Othin said:

No, fire is heavier than thunder in that game. Also, she doesn't have Pursuit, so she couldn't double even if she was fast.

But yeah, her strategy is to take a hit to get into Wrath range, then blast stuff with Thoron.

Just edited my post as I corrected that thunder is the second heaviest tome! Must've confused it with tellius lol. Oh right Pursuit is a thing so yeah.

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I'm looking at her wiki page right now and with base stats of 28 HP, 10 Mag, 10 Spd, 1 Def, and 9 Res and stat growths of 60% HP, 20% Mag, 40% Spd, 10% Def, and 10% Res, I'm thinking a mage myrmidon who leans towards having higher resistance than defense. We don't really have a mage myrmidon. The fastest of the mages have low HP and the ones that kind of seem like myrmidons like Celica and Tharja don't have high, +36 neutral speed. If I were to use a general ranged unit as an example, then a mage myrmidon would have Gaius's stats: 42 HP, 29 Atk, 36 Spd, 22 Def, and 19 Spd. With Tailtiu, since she'd lean towards resistance and her defense would be a bit lower, I'm thinking of something like 42 HP, 29 Atk, 38 Spd, 15 Def, and Res. Yeah, she'd be built to abuse Blarblade if that's the case. All the speed in the world to blitz the hell out of people. The HP thing would also be hilarious since she'd be able to use Panic Ploy pretty well. +Spd would give her 41 neutral speed, so you could slap L&D3 on her for 46 total speed. Have fun. :p

Probably not the case. I don't remember what her stats were like when she was shown in the trailer to have an idea of what she'd be like.

Edit: Okay... She had 31 HP in the trailer and did 19x2 to the axe fighter while both Dierdre and Sigurd had 34 HP in the trailer. Dierdre only did 21x2 against the axe fighter while Sigurd did 28x2. Sigurd having high HP makes sense and probably Dierdre if they make her pretty bulky. Anyway, that probably throws out my idea out.

Tailtiu's big thing is getting constant critical attacks at half health, thanks to her skill. Since she doesn't have that skill here, I assume the -blade tome is meant to simulate her insane damage potential, just without the health limit. I'm still expecting her to have stats somewhere between Tharja and Linde, but probably less Atk in exchange for some other stat.

I wouldn't take her HP growth too seriously; everyone in Genealogy has higher HP on average compared to other FE games, except Awakening. She'll probably have more than average, but it's not necessarily a guarantee.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I want both Sigurd and Tailtiu, so I can’t quite decide. Gameplaywise, I’d love a foot blue blade mage, but I’d also love a strong red cavalier. Characterwise, both are too good to choose one too :(

Heh, I think we both have the problem of wanting these units for their character as well as their gameplay potential. Sigurd would be top priority in terms of gameplay for me, but he's lowest in terms of character, so he kinda evens out with the others. I'm just scared that Tailtiu will have underwhelming stats along with her skills...

11 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

@Kaden Tiltyu is far from being a mage myrmidon, at least her FE4 version. She might have 10 base spd, but thunder magic is the heaviest tomes in Genealogy, making her unable to double. She has decent magic and res, and relies only in being at low health and deleting stuff with Thoron Wrath crts. She's squishy as fuck, so there's that.

For the weight thing, aside from Florina, most of the units seem to be avoiding it. :p

Anyway, yeah, I just watched the trailer again, and she's probably not going to be a mage myrmidon even though it would be cool to have one because there isn't really a mage like that at the moment.

Speaking of myrmidons, I kind of want Owain to show up like Odin, but with Missiletainn doing whatever it would do. It would piss people off for him to show up with low attack again. Something like 46 HP, 25 Atk, 37 Spd, 25 Def, and 25 Res or 42 HP, 25 Atk, 37 Spd, 27 Def, and 27 Res.

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

Tailtiu's big thing is getting constant critical attacks at half health, thanks to her skill. Since she doesn't have that skill here, I assume the -blade tome is meant to simulate her insane damage potential, just without the health limit. I'm still expecting her to have stats somewhere between Tharja and Linde, but probably less Atk in exchange for some other stat.

I wouldn't take her HP growth too seriously; everyone in Genealogy has higher HP on average compared to other FE games, except Awakening. She'll probably have more than average, but it's not necessarily a guarantee.

Part of me still feels like she should have had Wrath as a skill despite -blade tomes increasing special cooldown by 1 just because. Also, because it would be nice to have more than one unit with Wrath.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Part of me still feels like she should have had Wrath as a skill despite -blade tomes increasing special cooldown by 1 just because. Also, because it would be nice to have more than one unit with Wrath.

Friegian Thoron, 13 Mt, innate Wrath 2.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

For the weight thing, aside from Florina, most of the units seem to be avoiding it. :p

Anyway, yeah, I just watched the trailer again, and she's probably not going to be a mage myrmidon even though it would be cool to have one because there isn't really a mage like that at the moment.

Speaking of myrmidons, I kind of want Owain to show up like Odin, but with Missiletainn doing whatever it would do. It would piss people off for him to show up with low attack again. Something like 46 HP, 25 Atk, 37 Spd, 25 Def, and 25 Res or 42 HP, 25 Atk, 37 Spd, 27 Def, and 27 Res.

I'm sure we'll get more Wrath units eventually, just not immediately.

Hopefully including that one guy whose name I stole.

Just now, Kaden said:

Isn't Wrath melee-exclusive though? They'd have to introduce a new version of Wrath to even let her have it.

Although, now that you mention it, there is something ironic about giving a Special-slowing weapon to a unit known for her critical attack potential. Even if it still emulates her original combat pretty well.

26 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I'm looking at her wiki page right now and with base stats of 28 HP, 10 Mag, 10 Spd, 1 Def, and 9 Res and stat growths of 60% HP, 20% Mag, 40% Spd, 10% Def, and 10% Res, I'm thinking a mage myrmidon who leans towards having higher resistance than defense. We don't really have a mage myrmidon. The fastest of the mages have low HP and the ones that kind of seem like myrmidons like Celica and Tharja don't have high, +36 neutral speed. If I were to use a general ranged unit as an example, then a mage myrmidon would have Gaius's stats: 42 HP, 29 Atk, 36 Spd, 22 Def, and 19 Spd. With Tailtiu, since she'd lean towards resistance and her defense would be a bit lower, I'm thinking of something like 42 HP, 29 Atk, 38 Spd, 15 Def, and Res. Yeah, she'd be built to abuse Blarblade if that's the case. All the speed in the world to blitz the hell out of people. The HP thing would also be hilarious since she'd be able to use Panic Ploy pretty well. +Spd would give her 41 neutral speed, so you could slap L&D3 on her for 46 total speed. Have fun. :p

Lets put it this way

You reasonably wont put any attention to Tiltyus stats besides magic sometimes because your going to abuse wrath lol

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Melee only and you can't be cavalry or flying.

Right, thanks for reminding me of the other restriction. Although I suppose a personal tome could still introduce it, like @Vaximillian mentioned.

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

You reasonably wont put any attention to Tiltyus stats besides magic sometimes because your going to abuse wrath lol

Oh, you'll be paying attention to her other stats. Gotta make sure she has enough Speed and Defense or Resistance to get into Wrath range, after all.

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

Right, thanks for reminding me of the other restriction. Although I suppose a personal tome could still introduce it, like @Vaximillian mentioned.

Oh, you'll be paying attention to her other stats. Gotta make sure she has enough Speed and Defense or Resistance to get into Wrath range, after all.

You can get her to 1 hp asap with Base Arena though

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm sure we'll get more Wrath units eventually, just not immediately.

Hopefully including that one guy whose name I stole.

For the Pugi, the easiest answer would be Slaying effect + DC, but why not Wo Dao effect + DC?

By the way, why is the Wo Dao effect exclusive to Swords? Why don't Axes have anything like it? Axes only have the Legion's Axe (a GHB exclusive) + Seasonals to themselves that is unique and inheritable. Lances have Berkut's (also GHB) and Roderick's Firesweep, which isn't GHB or Seasonal but inheritable. Swords get the Wo Dao. Lances and Sword both have anti-Armor and anti-Cav weapons, while Axes only have the Hammer- no anti-Cav Halberd/Poleax. I'm not saying the physical colored weapon types should mimic each other completely except in color, I think some minor distinctions like Wo Dao for Sword alone and Firesweep for Lance alone are fine and possibly good, but Axes are currently not advantaged by this, nor do the minor distinctions amount to a clear idea of difference so far.

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

You can get her to 1 hp asap with Base Arena though

I miss using her in the Arena. That was one of the most satisfying things to watch when I was doing my playthrough. Getting to Gen 2 was a sad occasion... until I got her kids, and then suddenly it was twice as fun.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Do the updates usually happen by now?  It's starting to get a bit late.

I'll give it another hour before I call it late, personally; it's normally sometime around now that they happen, if I remember right. Much longer, though, and I'll be a bit concerned.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

For the Pugi, the easiest answer would be Slaying effect + DC, but why not Wo Dao effect + DC?

By the way, why is the Wo Dao effect exclusive to Swords? Why don't Axes have anything like it? Axes only have the Legion's Axe (a GHB exclusive) + Seasonals to themselves that is unique and inheritable. Lances have Berkut's (also GHB) and Roderick's Firesweep, which isn't GHB or Seasonal but inheritable. Swords get the Wo Dao. Lances and Sword both have anti-Armor and anti-Cav weapons, while Axes only have the Hammer- no anti-Cav Halberd/Poleax. I'm not saying the physical colored weapon types should mimic each other completely except in color, I think some minor distinctions like Wo Dao for Sword alone and Firesweep for Lance alone are fine and possibly good, but Axes are currently not advantaged by this, nor do the minor distinctions amount to a clear idea of difference so far.

Might be caused by the fact that there havent been a wo dao counterpart in main series yet

I mean take FE12. Sword have: Levin, Wo Dao, and Master

Axe only have Hauteclere being alvailable early to their name and Lance get simmilarly screwed

Also DC and Killer on Othin would be crazy cool. Because its basically Alondite

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Might be caused by the fact that there havent been a wo dao counterpart in main series yet

Rinkah with the Great Club! That'd work methinks!

Fates, even though it has so much representation in the base game, forgot to bring its unique weaponry to the game. The Practice Katana, the Guard Naginata/Waterwheel, the Venge weapons, the Hunter's Bow/Knife, Pursuer- they all have potential.

The "effective vs. traditional WTA target" weapons are replicated just fine with the Gems. Duals can be added as FE7-8's Reavers, with innate TA2.