Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

32 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Friegian Thoron, 13 Mt, innate Wrath 2.

At this point, I feel like Thoron+ will only show up on some mage the developers and nobody else cares about that gets dumped as a TT reward. That, or only it only shows up on an April Fool's unit as an alternate version of Thoron that is horribly busted.

Thoron Plus, 14 Mt. Grants +3 Atk/Spd. After combat, inflicts -5 Atk/Spd/Def/Res and Panic on target and foes 2 spaces of target through their actions. Also, effective against dragons because why not.

31 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Isn't Wrath melee-exclusive though? They'd have to introduce a new version of Wrath to even let her have it.

Oh yeah...

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

By the way, why is the Wo Dao effect exclusive to Swords? Why don't Axes have anything like it? Axes only have the Legion's Axe (a GHB exclusive) + Seasonals to themselves that is unique and inheritable. Lances have Berkut's (also GHB) and Roderick's Firesweep, which isn't GHB or Seasonal but inheritable. Swords get the Wo Dao. Lances and Sword both have anti-Armor and anti-Cav weapons, while Axes only have the Hammer- no anti-Cav Halberd/Poleax. I'm not saying the physical colored weapon types should mimic each other completely except in color, I think some minor distinctions like Wo Dao for Sword alone and Firesweep for Lance alone are fine and possibly good, but Axes are currently not advantaged by this, nor do the minor distinctions amount to a clear idea of difference so far.

The pacing of new units and seasonal banners probably have something to do with it. We finally have all the Slaying weapons, but we're still missing Firesweep Axe and Sword (that someone like Tobin should have had). Daggers for that matter have not had any regular weapon introduced since only limited and unique daggers were introduced; Jaffar's Deathly Dagger, Frederick Seashell, and PA Olivia's Dancer's Fan.

The other thing is that axe units and green units in general are kind of weirdly "ignored". Less so with green mages as we've recently gotten one green mage dancer, Deirdre, summer Elise, and Sonya and also, PA Azura as an axe dancer with a legendary weapon and BH Ike, but you have to consider that in two banners that would have made sense for an axe unit to show up, Dauntless Crimeans and World of Holy War, but Kieran and Lex did not. We don't have an axe cavalier with Cain-like offensives which ironically enough, Cain's stat spread would also be a jack of all trades stat spread which no axe cavalier has either since the closest is Titania, but she's more of a mage tank.

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Rinkah with the Great Club! That'd work methinks!

Fates, even though it has so much representation in the base game, forgot to bring its unique weaponry to the game. The Practice Katana, the Guard Naginata/Waterwheel, the Venge weapons, the Hunter's Bow/Knife, Pursuer- they all have potential.

I'm honestly surprised Hinoka didn't get the Guard Naginata. She's a great Brave Lance user, and it gives her a parallel between herself and Camilla, but still surprising to me nonetheless.

23 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@Kaden the 46/25/25 bulk 25/37 offense Owain is actually pretty busted lol. Its kind of supercharged Selena and we all have Steady stance to blame for it

Yeah, I know! That's why I was thinking about it. What if Owain showed up like Odin? Oh, look, a made a Selena with more HP and speed, but less defense and resistance. :p

The funny thing is we kind of have unit with stat spreads like that: Eirika and Fir, but they could stand to have had more most importantly, more speed along with a bit more HP and defense in Fir's case. Eirika's 42 HP, 26 Atk, 35 Spd, 26 Def, and 28 Res and Fir's 41 HP, 25 Atk, 36 Spd, 24 Def, and 31 Res comes close to my proposed idea of Odin having 46 HP, 25 Atk, 37 Spd, 25 Def, 25 Res or 42 HP, 25 Atk, 37 Spd, 27 Def, 26 Res.

Navarre would be the dead on in terms of speed and HP if you go with the second stat spread, but his defense and resistance would be lower at 23 and 24, respectively. He has, ironically, too much attack. Also, the deal with not having access to boon/banes.

One thing I didn't put in was what Missiletainn would do. In Awakening, it gave +1 skill which doesn't translate to Heroes that well. -1 special charge would make sense considering who Owain is, but it wouldn't make sense when Missiletainn is a fake Mystletainn. A Wo Dao effect might not work either despite once again, making sense because of who Owain is. Anyway, what I left out was "the kicker would be if Missiletainn's effect was +3 Spd". Now, imagine that: Owain having a 16 Mt personal sword that grants +3 speed and his stupid bulk. Fury. The magical for both Odin and Owain. The first stat spread would give him 46/43/28/28 bulk while the second stat spread would give him 43/43/30/29 bulk. +Spd, -HP would probably his best bane if you want to keep his magical bulk and that means 46 total speed with Fury 3. Have fun trying to kill this dastard.

The only issue is that his damage off of specials like Ignis and Glacies isn't that great. If there were specials that used speed to calculate damage, then yeah, he'd be really dumb. You could have him sit there and tank hits and suddenly, 34 additional damage from a 4 cooldown speed special.

Edit: My original idea of Owain had him with 41 HP, but I decided to go with his 43 HP as Odin. 41 HP Owain was supposed to have 25 Atk, 38 Spd, 27 Def, and 27 Res because... why not. :p

All the ways to make Odin/Owain stupid and the best kinds of stupid.

Edited by Kaden

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Ugh, it's getting late but the 1.8 update was even later, right?

I wanna say that one was earlier actually, but I don't remember for sure. It's got 4 hours to show up, though, so it'd better hurry.

29 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm honestly surprised Hinoka didn't get the Guard Naginata. She's a great Brave Lance user, and it gives her a parallel between herself and Camilla, but still surprising to me nonetheless.

Guard Naginata Hinoka would have been great and helped differentiate her from Cordelia especially in the pre-skill inheritance metagame.

the loss of the Speed penalty would also help

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Guard Naginata Hinoka would have been great and helped differentiate her from Cordelia especially in the pre-skill inheritance metagame.

the loss of the Speed penalty would also help

And now in post-skill inheritance, she and Est are incredibly similar with a Brave build. Seriously, I just checked the wiki to make sure, and compared to Hinoka, Est has: -2 Spd, -1 Def, and most importantly, identical Atk. Their HP and Res are very different sure, but that hardly matters when neither of them want to get attacked at all, much less by a mage. The only real difference is their rarity and who the player likes more, though I guess Hinoka has a marginally better defensive spread since she has the lead in HP and Def, if only slightly.

8 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

And now in post-skill inheritance, she and Est are incredibly similar with a Brave build. Seriously, I just checked the wiki to make sure, and compared to Hinoka, Est has: -2 Spd, -1 Def, and most importantly, identical Atk. Their HP and Res are very different sure, but that hardly matters when neither of them want to get attacked at all, much less by a mage. The only real difference is their rarity and who the player likes more, though I guess Hinoka has a marginally better defensive spread since she has the lead in HP and Def, if only slightly.

I believe that Est's high res enables her to run Defense ploy, unlike Hinoka

Which is the MAIN reason why Est is so nice lol

Just now, Arcanite said:

I believe that Est's high res enables her to run Defense ploy, unlike Hinoka

Which is the MAIN reason why Est is so nice lol

Fair enough, then. Again though, that's, like, their biggest difference still, which is only one thing. For anyone without access to the non-Panic Ploy Ploy skills like me :(, there's little difference besides character preference. Assuming someone even has Hinoka at all and Est at 5-star. Like me :)

Where’s the update? Where’s Deirdre in all her magnificence? :(

Everything with this banner has been belated, I notice. The trailer came late, the banner releases late, the update is late…

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Fair enough, then. Again though, that's, like, their biggest difference still, which is only one thing. For anyone without access to the non-Panic Ploy Ploy skills like me :(, there's little difference besides character preference. Assuming someone even has Hinoka at all and Est at 5-star. Like me :)

Well the tier lists and builds don't factor in "accessibility", they only factor in the bEst sets and how well they calc heh

So if Est being S Tier looks odd, it's only because of defense ploy

even though I think I'd keep my Summer Gaius if I had him LOL

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Of course you would, you are a heartless machine that can’t appreciate Est.

Edited by Vaximillian

Aw, I miss the Cave Story.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Well the tier lists and builds don't factor in "accessibility", they only factor in the bEst sets and how well they calc heh

So if Est being S Tier looks odd, it's only because of defense ploy

Nah, I see no problem with either of them being high-tier, considering they have such high Atk and mobility. It's not an issue of either one being good or bad, it's just that they have few differences. For that matter, although it's not quite as good as Defense Ploy, Hinoka can run Panic Ploy much better than Est can, especially with an HP Plus seal now that they're available.

If I had a Summer Gaius, the only thing I'd sacrifice are those swimming trunks. You know what they say: good things come to boys who wait, and I don't have a problem with waiting ;)

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Where’s the update? Where’s Deirdre in all her magnificence? :(

Everything with this banner has been belated, I notice. The trailer came late, the banner releases late, the update is late…

The trailer was three days before the banner will release, which is pretty far in advance considering.

In contrast, the Nohrian Summer banner got its trailer just a few hours before it went live.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I have 3. Well 1 in my main and 2 for the other account.

2 of those are -Atk though.

Est's Heroes art really turns me off using her though (she looks like an overly pink bug). She's only good in Echoes in my opinion (both unit and art, and Echoes art is great overall), but even then I can only take so much genkiness.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

The trailer was three days before the banner will release, which is pretty far in advance considering.

You can also look at it in other way: the trailer was expected on Thursday with the banner itself on Friday.

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Of course you would, you are a heartless machine that doesn’t appreciate Est.

No

Im not an idiot and I would rather have 2 OP archers than another Lance unit that I don't need

priorities vax!

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Aw, I miss the Cave Story.

Nah, I see no problem with either of them being high-tier, considering they have such high Atk and mobility. It's not an issue of either one being good or bad, it's just that they have few differences. For that matter, although it's not quite as good as Defense Ploy, Hinoka can run Panic Ploy much better than Est can, especially with an HP Plus seal now that they're available.

If I had a Summer Gaius, the only thing I'd sacrifice are those swimming trunks. You know what they say: good things come to boys who wait, and I don't have a problem with waiting ;)

>41 HP

I guess that's okay... but I think there's other people who'd want it and Hinoka is mostly used on flier emblem anyway so she'd want a better C slot, though panic ploy on wings is still crazy

In which case I'd rather use Cherche anyway 

Who can take a sunrise~

Edited by Arcanite

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I have 3. Well 1 in my main and 2 for the other account.

2 of those are -Atk though.

Est's Heroes art really turns me off using her though (she looks like an overly pink bug). She's only good in Echoes in my opinion (both unit and art, and Echoes art is great overall), but even then I can only take so much genkiness.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. I kinda hope they're not both in the other account, though; that'd just be insulting.

And I'll try not to mention that both my off-banner Hinoka and my 5-star Est are +Atk.

Yeah, it's not exactly the best (no Arcanite that's not always a pun). Honestly, and I'm not sure if this is a common opinion or not, but I don't like the art for any of the Whitewings. Est is obvious, Catria's is just unfitting, and Palla's looks off to me. Which feels weird to say, since every other person drawn by cuboon looks outstanding, but something about Palla doesn't look right. I think it's the face.

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

>41 HP

I guess that's okay... but I think there's other people who'd want it and Hinoka is mostly used on flier emblem anyway so she'd want a better C slot, though panic ploy on wings is still crazy

Who can take the sunrise~

Is Est not used on flier emblem teams too? Hard to buff your friends when you're busy Ploying the enemy.

I still need to promote my +Atk Cherche. It feels like a waste to promote 3-star characters now, though...

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Who can take a sunrise~

Sprinkle it with dew~

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You can also look at it in other way: the trailer was expected on Thursday with the banner itself on Friday.

yeah but why was the trailer expected on Thursday in the first place? Half-baked rumors I'd bet.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. I kinda hope they're not both in the other account, though; that'd just be insulting.

And I'll try not to mention that both my off-banner Hinoka and my 5-star Est are +Atk.

Yeah, it's not exactly the best (no Arcanite that's not always a pun). Honestly, and I'm not sure if this is a common opinion or not, but I don't like the art for any of the Whitewings. Est is obvious, Catria's is just unfitting, and Palla's looks off to me. Which feels weird to say, since every other person drawn by cuboon looks outstanding, but something about Palla doesn't look right. I think it's the face.

Is Est not used on flier emblem teams too? Hard to buff your friends when you're busy Ploying the enemy.

I still need to promote my +Atk Cherche. It feels like a waste to promote 3-star characters now, though...

Do it. Promote Cherche, you won't regret it. Imagine a flying, mobile Axe Effie without Wary Fighter and you have Cherche.

I have one -Atk Hinoka for each account: both are +HP, -Atk! At least the extra HP helped when I did the last chapter in Ike's Chapter in Story mode for a quest.

Luckily me second account had the opposite, +Atk, -HP so that was lucky.

Still working on the S-support between Hinoka and Cherche. I love these ladies :D

11 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

No

Im not an idiot and I would rather have 2 OP archers than another Lance unit that I don't need

priorities vax!

>41 HP

Who can take a sunrise~

41 is actually a good panic ploy numbers.