Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I've been doing TT runs with Matthew/Inigo/Ayra/Genny to test out Matt's worth and I have to say he definitely pulls his weight now. Inigo only has TA2 and doesn't have a Raven Tome, Ayra only has SS2 right now but no B/C skill and Genny has Hone ATK 3 and the Hone SPD 2 seal. They manage to get to around stage 3-5 before falling apart which is pretty nice with no bonus and the inflated stats.

Matt is basically always honed and he does a surprising amount of damage with his debuffs + bonfire at 41 ATK but it only reinforces how amazing he'd be at +ATK with 4 more points, taken up to 45 with a hone. I've also realized that -HP is his best bane. I don't want to compromise DEF or RES honestly. His Res barely gets him out of sticky situations with magic users and those 3 points of DEF can be the difference between 1x2 and 4x2 + a skill proc which can hurt or kill him if he's soaking up 3+ unit's attention.

I've also noticed that if there's a physical unit present he can initiate on, Matt can almost always take out 2 units by himself without the need of reposition or healing.

I don't know who to support him with but I'm really considering Fjorm, ATK/DEF bond gives Matt an additional +5 to both making him even more of a tank, Drive ATK 2 increases him further and if a Hone ATK seal became a thing I could give it to her and support the two of them.... let me see...

Bond (5) + Drive (3) + Hone ATK 3 Seal (4) + S Support (2) + Matt's ideal 41 from a +ATK variant = 55 ATK and 2 additional bonfire damage. All before enemy debuffs and the only prereq is keeping the two of them together. Fjorm even has Distant Counter so there's no worry of a wasted encounter.

If I could give Matt the Water Blessing (that I wasted on S!Frederick) then that would be an additional 3 speed on top of his 36 with another 2 from an S support, so 41 SPD at max before buffs.

...I'm supporting Matt and Fjorm.

EDIT: Just realized the bond only effects the unit with the skill. Got too excited. Oh well.

Edited by Zeo

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I've been doing TT runs with Matthew/Inigo/Ayra/Genny to test out Matt's worth and I have to say he definitely pulls his weight now. Inigo only has TA2 and doesn't have a Raven Tome, Ayra only has SS2 right now but no B/C skill and Genny has Hone ATK 3 and the Hone SPD 2 seal.

Matt is basically always honed and he does a surprising amount of damage with his debuffs + bonfire at 41 ATK but it only reinforces how amazing he'd be at +ATK with 4 more points, taken up to 45 with a hone. I've also realized that -HP is his best bane. I don't want to compromise DEF or RES honestly. His Res barely gets him out of sticky situations with magic users and those 3 points of DEF can be the difference between 1x2 and 4x2 + a skill proc which can hurt or kill him if he's soaking up 3+ unit's attention.

I've also noticed that if there's a physical unit present he can initiate on, Matt can almost always take out 2 units by himself without the need of reposition or healing.

I don't know who to support him with but I'm really considering Fjorm, ATK/DEF bond gives Matt an additional +5 to both making him even more of a tank, Drive ATK 2 increases him further and if a Hone ATK seal became a thing I could give it to her and support the two of them.... let me see...

Bond (5) + Drive (3) + Hone ATK 3 Seal (4) + S Support (2) + Matt's ideal 41 from a +ATK variant = 55 ATK before debuffs and 2 additional bonfire damage. All before enemy debuffs and the only prereq is keeping the two of them together. Fjorm even has Distant Counter so there's no worry of a wasted encounter.

If I could give Matt the Water Blessing (that I wasted on S!Frederick) then that would be an additional 3 speed on top of his 36 with another 2 from an S support, so 41 SPD at max before buffs.

... I'm supporting Matt and Fjorm.

I love reading you bro and your explainments. That Matt sounds OP af.

Edited by Nosmur

12 minutes ago, Nosmur said:

I love reading you bro and your explaiments. That Matt sounds OP af.

Spoiler

DkNfnEw.png

It's a thing of beauty, even if he's not finished yet. Merging a +ATK Matt and one more after that would give him +5 ATK, +1 SPD, +1 HP and +1 DEF.

I got ahead of myself, bonds don't affect other units, only the unit that carries them which makes more sense. Still I could run Drive ATK 3 with an eventual Hone ATK 3 seal which would still be an additional 9 ATK at any given time, so that's around 50-51 ATK which is still pretty bonkers. I'm probably still going to pair him with Fjorm.

And thanks, I don't want to sound like a broken record, but I think this guy is really something. And it's amazing that I can run what was one of the worst characters in the game not that long ago and make him into a legit issue. When he's done I might even be able to put him on an Arena Defense team.

Edited by Zeo

17 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

A Christmas. On the topic of Christmas, when will the Christmas banner come out?

Likely December 18 when the Children of Fate banner ends.

12 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Bothered by Rhajat's title of "Black Magician". Black Magic only existed in Ancient Valentia. Damned millenials and their cultural appropriation.

She wears dark colors and has black hair. Seems fine by me.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

DkNfnEw.png

It's a thing of beauty, even if he's not finished yet. Merging a +ATK Matt and one more after that would give him +5 ATK, +1 SPD, +1 HP and +1 DEF.

I got ahead of myself, bonds don't affect other units, only the unit that carries them which makes more sense. Still I could run Drive ATK 3 with an eventual Hone ATK 3 seal which would still be an additional 9 ATK at any given time, so that's around 50-51 ATK which is still pretty bonkers. I'm probably still going to pair him with Fjorm.

Wow. It's a really good debuffer man. And with Fjorm sounds that they work pretty well together.

I run with Sigurd/Fjorm/Inigo/B!Lyn, that Fjorm-Sigurd DEF synergy is OP af, and if you count with reposition, dance/+SPE (Inigo)...

Someday i will try some debuffers like your Matt or some 5* Saizo... Looks pretty funny atm :).

8 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Bothered by Rhajat's title of "Black Magician". Black Magic only existed in Ancient Valentia. Damned millenials and their cultural appropriation.

I'm more bothered when the character's title in Heroes deviates from the Character Ending one in their actual game. Titania is not the "Mighty Mercenary" it's "Scarlet-Haired Paladin"! And Soren while certainly a "Shrewd Strategist" is formally know as the "Silent Master of the Winds". Although sometimes the titles are bad even in the origin game- Hector is not a lowly "General of Ostia"- he's the full blown Marquess of Ostia!

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm more bothered when the character's title in Heroes deviates from the Character Ending one in their actual game. Titania is not the "Mighty Mercenary" it's "Scarlet-Haired Paladin"! And Soren while certainly a "Shrewd Strategist" is formally know as the "Silent Master of the Winds". Although sometimes the titles are bad even in the origin game- Hector is not a lowly "General of Ostia"- he's the full blown Marquess of Ostia!

I don't think there is enough space for "Silent Master of the Winds" is the description.But in Shadow Dragon I prefer Maria's description of "Petite Princess" rather than "Minerva's Sister". Make her feel like her own character than an attachment to Minerva.

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I don't think there is enough space for "Silent Master of the Winds" is the description.But in Shadow Dragon I prefer Maria's description of "Petite Princess" rather than "Minerva's Sister". Make her feel like her own character than an attachment to Minerva.

Still beats Donnel's Japanese title by a mile: "Villager".

36 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I’m more bothered by Rhajat using a tome instead of a scroll, honestly.

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

This.

'Dark Diviner' would be a fitting title for her to be honest. Well unless she class changes.

Funny thing is her title in Japanese is "Obsessive Diviner" using the actual name of the Diviner class.

33 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Lionheart’s Sister. Blue Mage Knight.

9 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

So why Olwen is called "Blue Mage Knight"? I can understand that mage knight part, but blue? She doesn't wear that much blue on her, or I'm missing something from FE5?

As someone who has played all of Thracia 776... It's just because she's a blue mage in Heroes. I can confirm that with 99% certainty. Now, if she were called, say, "Thunder Mage Knight," then that's a bit more relevant to Thracia. But she has no relation to blue in Thracia (and in fact, thunder/lightning magic is yellow in that game, as it is in most FE games), so it's almost certainly just because of her Heroes unit type.

16 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

So why Olwen is called "Blue Mage Knight"? I can understand that mage knight part, but blue? She doesn't wear that much blue on her, or I'm missing something from FE5?

It’s her title in Thracia’s ending roll, 青の魔道騎士, which translates as Blue Mage Knight. @DefaultBeep 

Edited by Vaximillian

Just now, Vaximillian said:

It’s her title in Thracia’s ending roll, 青の魔道騎士, which translates as Blue Mage Knight.

And thus, I am proven completely and utterly wrong.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Still doesn’t explain why she is Blue Mage Knight there.

Yeah, I was gonna ask that next, because I still don't remember any other point in Thracia where the color blue is associated with her. Maybe (and this is a very big maybe) it references her joining the player's side instead of Reinhardt, because the player's units are blue? My only other guess would be that it uses "blue" as a reference to being sad or unhappy about something (most likely Reinhardt), but I'm not sure if that connotation for blue is present in other languages.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The word used for "blue" in Japanese is strictly the color blue.

That's what I figured. So then my first (and very farfetched) guess is all that I've got for why her title is what it is.