Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Do we even have enough twins in FE (Kaze/Saizo, Flora/Felicia, Ephraim/Eirika....anyone else?)

There's those two bandit characters that about half of the games have. Like Lloyd and Llewelyn from Fates. FE4 Gen 2 has Larcei and Ulster, and probably other Gen 2 characters that I don't remember right now. Raigh and Lugh from FE6 as well. And there are definitely others that I've forgotten about right now.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

54 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Shoot.

I didn't realize that Rhajat has Distant Defense.

...I guess I have to pull on this banner now. I need that skill for a particularly dumb unit build idea.

What are you going to build? I'm still open for ideas what to do with my spare Celica. 

18 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

This is why we needed the lemon lords from Warriors in Heroes.

Yes, yes, thirty thousand times yes! I need Lianna and I need her yesterday.

(I need Ishtar the day before yesterday)

19 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

There's those two bandit characters that about half of the games have. Like Lloyd and Llewelyn from Fates. FE4 Gen 2 has Larcei and Ulster, and probably other Gen 2 characters that I don't remember right now. Raigh and Lugh from FE6 as well. And there are definitely others that I've forgotten about right now.

Oooh do we have enough characters for a "Name's too similar!" VG banner?

Selena vs FE8 Selena

FE7 Lloyd vs Bandit Lloyd

Sharena vs Shanna/Sheena? or Shanna vs Sheena (or Sharena vs Sheena since Shanna had her spotlight)

Cecilia vs Celica?

Julia vs Julius?

Nino vs Nina?

Edited by mcsilas

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

What are you going to build? I'm still open for ideas what to do with my spare Celica. 

It's not a super great idea, but it's a silly thought I had for a +Res Deirdre, and in case I got an extra Spring Camilla. Ideally, it would be:

+Res/-Spd Deirdre

• Weapon: Green Egg+ (forged to increase Res by 3)
  • Special: Iceberg (or Glacies, but that would be even more overkill)
  • A Slot: Distant Defense 3/Warding Stance 3
  • B Slot: Quick Riposte 3
  • C Slot: Atk Ploy/Res Ploy/Spd Ploy
  • S Slot: Distant Defense 3

With this, Deirdre can reach a grand total of 53 Res on enemy phase, which could be effectively increased with Atk Ploy. Or Res Ploy can let her do more damage, or Spd Ploy can just be the cheapest option. Using Res+3 A and S skills can still give her 47 Res on either phase, which is also fine enough (and what I'll have to do if I can't get any Celicas or any Rhajats). Basically, I just wanted to make Deirdre's Res stat as high as possible, and I liked the idea enough to plan it out. One neat thing is that she can survive (and kill!) an attacking +Atk/-Def 5-star Tharja with LaD3 and the Atk+3 seal, although just a few buffs to Tharja's -blade tome still take out Deirdre.

The Egg isn't really necessary for anything (although the healing is nice I guess), I just like the idea of Deirdre using an egg :P

@mcsilas Even better:

Selena (FE8) vs. Selena (FE14)

Lloyd (FE7) vs. Lloyd (FE14)

Arthur (FE4) vs. Arthur (FE14)

Elice (FE1) vs. Elise (FE14)

FE14 really liked to have similar names, for some reason... Nyna (FE1) and Nina (FE14), and Leon/Leo (FE2) and Leo/Leon (FE14) are others that come to mind. Although, the Japanese versions probably don't have the same issues, for the most part.

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Oooh do we have enough characters for a "Name's too similar!" VG banner?

Selena vs FE8 Selena

FE7 Lloyd vs Bandit Lloyd

Sharena vs Shanna/Sheena? or Shanna vs Sheena (or Sharena vs Sheena since Shanna had her spotlight)

Cecilia vs Celica?

Well, going off the English names:

Arthur (Jugdral) vs. Arthur (Fates)

Cain (Archanea) vs. Cain (Jugdral)

Any combination of Clair, Clarine and Clarisse

Fae vs. Faye

Leo Leon vs. Leon Leo

Nino vs. Nina

Linde vs. Linda

Arran vs. Aran

Yuliya vs. Julia

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

It's not a super great idea, but it's a silly thought I had for a +Res Deirdre, and in case I got an extra Spring Camilla. Ideally, it would be:

+Res/-Spd Deirdre

With this, Deirdre can reach a grand total of 53 Res on enemy phase, which could be effectively increased with Atk Ploy. Or Res Ploy can let her do more damage, or Spd Ploy can just be the cheapest option. Using Res+3 A and S skills can still give her 47 Res on either phase, which is also fine enough (and what I'll have to do if I can't get any Celicas or any Rhajats). Basically, I just wanted to make Deirdre's Res stat as high as possible, and I liked the idea enough to plan it out. One neat thing is that she can survive (and kill!) an attacking +Atk/-Def 5-star Tharja with LaD3 and the Atk+3 seal, although just a few buffs to Tharja's -blade tome still take out Deirdre.

The Egg isn't really necessary for anything (although the healing is nice I guess), I just like the idea of Deirdre using an egg :P

@mcsilas Even better:

Selena (FE8) vs. Selena (FE14)

Lloyd (FE7) vs. Lloyd (FE14)

Arthur (FE4) vs. Arthur (FE14)

Elice (FE1) vs. Elise (FE14)

FE14 really liked to have similar names, for some reason... Nyna (FE1) and Nina (FE14), and Leon/Leo (FE2) and Leo/Leon (FE14) are others that come to mind. Although, the Japanese versions probably don't have the same issues, for the most part.

Ah yes Leo and Leon!

Do you have Summer Elise? Give Deirdre the Hibiscus Tome for flowery forest attacks!

Also wow, I looked at Deirdre's full art and wow she's tall. And so much hair, that artist sure worked hard detailing all that curly hair.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Also wow, I looked at Deirdre's full art and wow she's tall. And so much hair, that artist sure worked hard detailing all that curly hair.

And even then she is shorter than Sigurd. He must be a giant. A mountain that rides.

Deirdre is too beautiful for my castle :(

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Ah yes Leo and Leon!

Do you have Summer Elise? Give Deirdre the Hibiscus Tome for flowery forest attacks!

I do not... but that would be even more perfect than the egg. Summer Elise for Legendary Hero banner 2?

I'm glad that there are some taller girls like Deirdre that are in now; I feel like there's an overabundance of shorter girls in Heroes otherwise. Literally every Heroes OC compared to Alfonse, for example. And as someone who has attempted to draw Deirdre, I both love and despise all the details the artist gave her. There are a ton of small touches added to her design, especially compared to her original art, which was really just a white dress/robe and a purple cape. She and Julia had a great appearance in Heroes, for sure.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

And even then she is shorter than Sigurd. He must be a giant. A mountain that rides.

He sure does ride alright.

Maybe you can only take care of one beautiful mage per time? I hear your Katarina's doing very well in TT? Has she maxed HM yet?

Whenever you do get Deirdre, I hope you at least don't get a -Atk one! I'll take that bad luck away from you at least!

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Maybe you can only take care of one beautiful mage per time? I hear your Katarina's doing very well in TT? Has she maxed HM yet?

Whenever you do get Deirdre, I hope you at least don't get a -Atk one! I'll take that bad luck away from you at least!

Yes, she’s been amazing in this tempest. And yes, she’s capped already. Nino is filling in for her at the moment. All the mage girls in FE are beautiful! (But Deirdre is the fairest of them all)

At this trend, it’s more like if I get her rather than when I get her. But hey, my third Hector.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Yes, she’s been amazing in this tempest. And yes, she’s capped already. Nino is filling in for her at the moment. All the mage girls in FE are beautiful! (But Deirdre is the fairest of them all)

At this trend, it’s more like if I get her rather than when I get her. But hey, my third Hector.

At least green 5 stars are easier to get. Well, if you get green orbs. Better than red/colourless hell.

Yeah I think my Katarina has passed 2500 HM. I've been swapping her out for Joshua in non-bonus rounds. Gosh Joshua is a tank in TT with Distant Defense seal.

Low HP Brash Assault shenanigans is pretty fun though

@DefaultBeep Or give her a Dancer's Ring for team support! Perfect with her Ploys!

Okay I love the idea of using joke weapons, but you know, rare seasonals (and they don't exist thanks to @Vaximillian's teachings)

I guess sprite edits are the closest thing.

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Apologies again for draining the swamp and plucking out two Deirdres from the legendary banner. They were both -Res though so I at least cleared out some of the sub-optimal ones for you.

On the bright side, my Fjorm sure is enjoying that QR3.

Edited by Tybrosion

30 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

+Res/-Spd Deirdre

[...]

Sounds fun, good luck pulling all that fodder. No option for me, since I lack Deidre. 

Edited by mampfoid
shorter quote

I think the game doesn't want me to get Ike at all. He's been on several banners and yet he continues to avoid me. Haven't gotten either Celica or Ayra either. Don't get me wrong, I can't complain after the banner gave me a pretty good Hector -- I'm just annoyed that I can't get sword Ike.

Sigh. That feel when you thought your first TT run was your second bonus run so you do a casual auto-battle Lunatic 5 run for a 2nd bonus...Ah well I'm just under 99,999 anyway. I'm mostly going to be SP grinding the TT after getting the rewards now anyway.

@DefaultBeep I wonder if I should just enhance Deirdre's green mage role by running Triangle Adept? I mean, I have to pull a rare Roy first....maybe Fury (but alas Hinatas are rare, too but I have Bartres?)

B and C skills will probably stay the same.

And wow, 8% banner really enjoys taunting people who want a certain character. I wanted Spring Camilla or Bridelia the most, also maybe Ike and Ayra. I got neutral Bridelia in main account at least, but yeah it's like as soon as you decide you want a character the game suddenly makes it harder for you

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I think the game doesn't want me to get Ike at all. He's been on several banners and yet he continues to avoid me. Haven't gotten either Celica or Ayra either. Don't get me wrong, I can't complain after the banner gave me a pretty good Hector -- I'm just annoyed that I can't get sword Ike.

We have the reverse issue. Brave Ike has continued to elude me, whereas I'm on my 3rd sword Ike now, and one of them is +ATK/-HP.

17 minutes ago, Zeo said:

We have the reverse issue. Brave Ike has continued to elude me, whereas I'm on my 3rd sword Ike now, and one of them is +ATK/-HP.

That's actually kind of funny when I recall that I actually pulled two Brave Ikes on his initial banner.

So now that healers are upgraded, I've started building that +Atk Maria I pulled back as a pitybreaker in the first Hero fest.

....I sure wish healers had a better way of gainign SP because the new skills are costly in SP. Ideally I want to give her Slow+ but that's a lot of feather and SP investment. Attack+3 has been learned, but after learning Physic+ (Rehabilitate+ is also expensive), she's 40 SP shy away from even getting to Panic+.

Staff Valours when IS?

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

He sure does ride alright.

Well I have a +hp, -atk Deirdre from the recent banner ,that bums me out a bit.

Well, a whole lot of nothing in the next batch of orbs just then. First batch I passed on after summoning on the one green. It was one blue and 3 reds. I could have left *5's on the table. A little regret but you never know. The next batch of orbs had one of two red units that's been stalking me pop up in both red orbs. 

I didn't pull any *5 reds this time, but I have this now.

Ct5AGNN.png

She's +ATK/-DEF. Raigh's also at +5. If I hadn't merged the 4 others I had at *3 I could have spent 8k feathers and +10'ed her. But why bother when she's just going to pop up again in a later session. Her stats at this point are actually pretty respectable and I may consider building her at this point. Heck, same with Raigh (who's +SPD/-DEF).

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

First it was Celica. Now Deirdre. Two mages you were really hunting.

Both of them +Res/-Atk.

Is this particular nature the Vaximillian curse? :p

Not sure if I want to be associated with a curse… If the third time isn’t the charm, then go ahead and be my first documented victim!

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Not sure if I want to be associated with a curse… If the third time isn’t the charm, then go ahead and be my first documented victim!

My Deirdre is also of that nature. I... don't remember what boon my Celica has, but she is also -Atk.

I'm honestly really grateful my Tana is not -Atk. Besides, +Def really helps with the whole 'invincible to melee' thing she's got going.

1 minute ago, bethany81707 said:

I'm honestly really grateful my Tana is not -Atk.

That’s because I wasn’t hunting for Tana at that time, ha!

Edited by Vaximillian