Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Do you think the next banner will be the Thracia one? With Elibean characters getting refines, I wonder if Binding Blade will get a banner first, with Leif and co. joining at the end of April.

That would be a little something of a trolling move. "Thracia is coming in April... after the 23rd, so it's really more of a April-May banner."

But yes, Binding Blade is in need of an exclusive banner, so one of those coming up would plausible. As would Gen 2 Genealogy, Gen 1 Fates, and Gen 1 Awakening.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Would not be opposed to a FE6 banner. It is the only game left in the series that has not earned any New Heroes since launch day. Except maybe Klein but his early addition to the game leaves me wondering if he and everybody else on his banner were finished in time for launch day but held back as part of a steady stream of updates. And unlike Tellius and Archanea the FE6 roster is considerably different from the FE7 roster with just two shared characters (Karel and Bartre) if I recall correctly. I just wanna know if Milady and Dick are getting a name change lol

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

I just wanna know if Milady and Dick are getting a name change lol

Didn't CYL have their names as Melady and Dieck? That is as official as it gets. The Name Chart on SF's FE section says that.

We did have Deke and Rutoga in Brawl, and for a time on CYL Niime was Nimue, but the former is not canon and I don't think was a serious translation, while the latter was fixed- indicating they wanted something not crude and actually official. Even though they left some names like odd names Hicks and Lifis to exist (eh, eventually you'll run out of normal ones).

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Would not be opposed to a FE6 banner. It is the only game left in the series that has not earned any New Heroes since launch day. Except maybe Klein but his early addition to the game leaves me wondering if he and everybody else on his banner were finished in time for launch day but held back as part of a steady stream of updates.

Oh yeah. That banner was so weird. Sanaki of all people was the only RD character added that year, Reinhardt and Eldigan were added despite being decent choices for a GHB, Lachesis was healer (not as bad as Lucius becoming a healer, but she's clearly wielding a sword), the fact that Olwen got added in the first place (I still think Leif and Altena would have been a better alternative), yeah... I think you might be onto something with that. 

Anyways IS could troll and put the Thracia banner later in the month, but I find it unlikely given the history of early reveals. When we were teased Celica and Nephenee, a SoV and RoD showed up as the next banner respectively. So I say expect Thracia next week. 

Currently grinding Summoner support because I need it changed for my tomorrow's One Turn clear of Ursula's GHB. 

At least it goes faster if the unit already had Summoner support in the past, but I really wish the grind wouldn't be necessary at all for units that already had Summoner S before. 

So on the last legendary banner I got an attack bane res boon Summer Elise... and an HP bane Defense Boon Summer Elise. With these IVs would either actually have  merit?

21 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

So on the last legendary banner I got an attack bane res boon Summer Elise... and an HP bane Defense Boon Summer Elise. With these IVs would either actually have merit?

Something like this would go in the question topic, but I'll answer anyways. Attack boon Elise is a keeper. If you have a dancer Inigo then I'd give green tome valor to him from the hp boon one.

6 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

@Alkaid a bit late to say this. But wow. A very competent build and she's fast enough to double slowpokes without goads/hones. Atk is bit low for a +10, but she makes up for this with def ploy and about 26 extra damage from Iceberg. It's kinda sad how units with middling stats can only really show off strengths with DC/CC. Really wish there were more units in the normal summoning pool with those skills and not just Hector and Takumi

I thought about going with +atk for a while, but through using her I found +spd to be too valuable for not getting doubled by the speedier enemies in arena that are so common now, while she still gets to double them back with QR. I don't tend to run flier buff support with her in my usual mixed teams, so she's meant to get the job done on her own. She seems like a really underappreciated unit, similar to Beruka. It's just true that she's one who really needs DC to shine, which is a shame.

Hopefully she'll get herself a prf weapon sometime in the near future to help her further. I just hope it won't invalidate having given her DC

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

So is Raven. Zephiel even has two different swords. And Priscilla thinks she has a lance.

But at least axes didn't ruin Raven while Lachesis being a staffbot... really does.

3 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

But at least axes didn't ruin Raven while Lachesis being a staffbot... really does.

Arguably, her stat spread is mediocre at best for literally every weapon other than staff or bow.

Something I thought about last night...

I know it's probably just artist renditions of the characters, but do you think the heroes, assuming they were walking around Askr Castle, look like how they are drawn? So you'd have Ebila Chrom being siblings with Zaza Lissa, Hako Elise having HACCAN Effie and Mendako Arthur as retainers, etc etc?

The 4koma at least depicts everyone seeming similar in style, but that to could just be artist renditions.

6 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

On that note, Deirdre ought to have been a healer. Who in the world used her to fight?

Deidre must come from a world where somebody was going for an A rank, and hacked in Naga to make it much easier. A very specific playstyle.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Arguably, her stat spread is mediocre at best for literally every weapon other than staff or bow.

Which is to say Bows and Staffs either don't need stats so much, or have a lower baseline for what is good? Makes sense for Staffs, they haven't had anyone new in nearly a year- they're the only category I guess that means to not have been powercreeped. Until Nanna maybe.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

And Priscilla thinks she has a lance.

When I first read this, I thought you said she thinks she is a lance. I was going to say I'm fine with characters weaponizing themselves.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Which is to say Bows and Staffs either don't need stats so much, or have a lower baseline for what is good? Makes sense for Staffs, they haven't had anyone new in nearly a year- they're the only category I guess that means to not have been powercreeped. Until Nanna maybe.

Lachesis ties for the second highest Atk stat among staves, giving her good healing. Her damage output is only held back by the fact that she can't actually double anything, but her Res is high enough to viably use Ploy skills.

If she were a bow, she'd have the same Atk stat as Jeorge and Takumi, and is actually pretty similar to Gordin with his Def and Res switched.

She'd actually do pretty decently with Berkut's Lance if she were a lance unit.

7 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Lachesis was healer (not as bad as Lucius becoming a healer, but she's clearly wielding a sword)

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Which is to say Bows and Staffs either don't need stats so much, or have a lower baseline for what is good? 

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lachesis ties for the second highest Atk stat among staves, giving her good healing. Her damage output is only held back by the fact that she can't actually double anything, but her Res is high enough to viably use Ploy skills.

Staff healers do not need swords; they just need Dire Thunder a more powerful Weapon. Being slow is not a big deal either if they release a Brave staff, and Lachesis definitely has the Atk stat to take advantage of that.

In my opinion, colorless units have a lower Atk baseline to be considered good since they are not cock blocked by anything except Naglfar and Raven mages.

Assault+
Mt 12
Attack twice during any when initiating combat. Quad attacking Quick Riposte staff meta when?

Lachesis +Atk
Fear+ [Dazzling]
Attack +3, Wrathful Staff
Attack +3
Enemies +5 +Spd, Fury overwrite
Challenger initiates twice
Player Phase 186:0:47

For extra obnoxiousness, she can run Wrathful Staff-Chill Res instead of Dazzling Staff-Wrathful Staff.

Totally not broken.

1 minute ago, Midnox said:

Man, I'd love having my new brave heroes by now 

Wait for summer at the very least. Lucina and Ike were probably planned, but see how long it took them to make Lyn and Roy? This is approximately how far in advance they have to plan.

Promoted Gordin and Zephiel today, so back on track for 5*ring all the 3-4* units. They're joined in being levelled up by Bunny Lucina and the Hawkeye that pity broke me when I was trying for Bunny Alfonse. I have so many red and colourless units left to promote, so it was nice to get a few more of them done ^.^

For banners... I'm really hoping for an FE5 and FE6 banner this month, even if it means my orbs will be depleted. I'd really love Perceval on the FE6 banner, though, and I'm not sure how likely that would be. I think he's my most wanted FE6 unit (plus a Gale GHB or Tempest). I wouldn't mind Saul either, but he's even less likely.

Hahahahahah

What's the matter Ursula? Fell off your horse?

Finally finished the last of the elite quests. There were just two of them that I had left unfinished when Ursula first came into the weekly rotation. Didn't feel a desire to do them that much until I realized today that I've gotten a few new units. Both of whom fit into the elite quests I had trouble with

20 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

What's the matter Ursula? Fell off your horse?

She did. :-) 

21 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Finally finished the last of the elite quests.

Congratulations!

I found it very satisfying to solve them.I hope we don't need to wait a full year for a refresh. 

22 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

until I realized today that I've gotten a few new units. Both of whom fit into the elite quests I had trouble with

Who were your saviors? 

53 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

She did. :-) 

Congratulations!

I found it very satisfying to solve them.I hope we don't need to wait a full year for a refresh. 

Who were your saviors? 

Female Morgan and Effie. Thanks for the applause! Wish you luck on your next summoning session!

Edited by silveraura25

@mampfoid Nice one turn clear on the Ursula GHB! It's amazing how much ground Roy can cover thanks to GF and a dancer!

(Also posting this here because I can't edit my post for some reason because of forum bugginess, and I don't feel like double posting)

@Cute Chao Nice! I 5 starred Gordin as well....for his bow BUT I would 5 star him again just to use him! He has an interesting Defense stat and is a nice Lyn counter with Bowbreaker.

Are you ever going to refine Zephiel's weapon?

31 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Nice one turn clear on the Ursula GHB! It's amazing how much ground Roy can cover thanks to GF and a dancer!

Haha, thanks! He moves exactly 13 tiles in one turn, thanks to Dance, Galeforce, Lunge (3x) and Reposition (2x). They need to make bigger maps for him. 

Spoiler: On Xanders map (Sunday) he'll move just 10 tiles, but he'll deal 9 hits! Special guest: Barst and DEF Ploy 3 seal. 

(I need to grind Ally Support until then, upgrade the seal and give Cordelia another refinement).

33 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

(Also posting this here because I can't edit my post for some reason because of forum bugginess, and I don't feel like double posting)

Yeah, that's annoying especially when there is a typo in a long post. I'll watch your video after work, to have also sound (your music dubs are worth the wait). 

40 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Cute Chao Nice! I 5 starred Gordin as well....for his bow BUT I would 5 star him again just to use him! He has an interesting Defense stat and is a nice Lyn counter with Bowbreaker.

He is one of my 4*10 projects (if he doesn't get an interesting Prf). 

12 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Wait for summer at the very least. Lucina and Ike were probably planned, but see how long it took them to make Lyn and Roy? This is approximately how far in advance they have to plan.

Yeah, I know, the new art, the voice lines, a bit of backstory, probably another cheesy live action commercial. Still, I'm specially looking forward for BVeronica, not only because as an OC, her range is limitless, but her epic victory over the walking fanservice deserves merit