Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Apparently Louise got five times as many votes on the second CYL as on the first, going from rank 306 with 659 votes to rank 72 with 3,340 votes. Seems like the sort of jump they'd take note of, whenever we get far enough from the second CYL that it can start affecting the banners.

Some other missing characters with big jumps:

• Selkie (rank 59 > 21: 4,800 > 8,855 votes)
  • Kliff (rank 490 > 33: 239 > 5,995 votes)
  • Keaton (rank 78 > 34: 3,724 > 5,989 votes)
  • Aversa (rank 111 > 41: 2,538 > 5,033 votes)
  • Ishtar (rank 136 > 43: 2,076 > 4,935 votes)
  • Panne (rank 94 > 44: 3,061 > 4,930 votes)
  • Sumia (rank 95 > 53: 2,982 > 4,593 votes)
  • Tibarn:
    • FE10: rank 148 > 58 and 1,872 > 4,274 votes
    • FE9: rank 264 > 109 and 838 > 2,337 votes
    • Overall: rank ~102 > ~32 and 2,710 > 6,611 votes
  • Lewyn (rank 163 > 65: 1,626 > 3,579 votes)
  • Ranulf:
    • FE9: rank 171 > 69 and 1,550 > 3,427 votes
    • FE10: rank 168 > 87 and 1,578 > 2,885 votes
    • Overall: rank ~93 > ~33 and 3,128 > 6,312 votes

Interestingly, a lot of Awakening/Fates characters who are still missing haven't changed much in votes like Owain, Kaden, Maribelle, Sumia, Kaze, and Ophelia. Even maintaining their past votes seems to be enough to go up in rankings, though: Owain, for example, lost about 500 votes but went up from rank 37 to 26. (CYL 2 did allow fewer votes per person, after all.)

Louise seems to be the biggest anomaly out of missing units in the top 75, aside from Kliff who's unsurprising due to being an FE2 character. (Looking a bit further, Nils has a similar 4x jump, but I don't feel like continuing to check every character to add them to my list, so I'm stopping at Louise.)

Anyway, what I was starting to say was that FE7 has had quite a while since its last New Heroes banner and has some popular missing characters like Louise and Nils so maybe it'll see a new banner sometime soon. But given that that seems to rely on new data, that might have to wait a few more months. Especially if it involves Louise.

Whenever that happens, I was thinking about what inevitable alt might go with it and realized that while FE7's lords are pretty well-stocked on alts, Nino seems to have lord-level popularity on CYL, so she could be a candidate. Maybe with Aureola or something.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

32 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Aura, Excalibur, and Ragnarok are all non-unique "weapons" in Echoes, so it's still not unprecedented.

Aura and Excalibur are odd ones, in that they ARE personal weapons in FE1 and Mystery of the Emblem before becoming available to all characters in the remakes to an extent (Excalibur for males, Aura for Females), while still being "exclusive" to Linde and Merric who can wield their respective tome regardless of weapon rank. And Excalibur's history in the series is wild, enough that there may very well be a user from Magvel in Heroes one day.

Ragnarok is also kinda weird, because Delthea CAN use it in SoV and Gaiden, but Celica also has Ragnarok Ω, and while I guess if they wanted to be specific they would have made the specification in the tomes name, Ragnarok is apparently a spell "given to the champion Zofia by the goddess Mila and only capable of being used by Zofia's descendant Celica and her pupil's descendant Delthea in the present day. (quote from Fire Emblem Wiki: Ragnarok)", so if I'm understanding this right then there IS story to why the spell is allowed to them.

Not sure if they only started showing up today, but the Morgans and horse Chrom are in the Training Tower now so now we can potentially run into Chill Def and Chill Spd at the same time. Fun stuff, clearly.

@Sunwoo That's pretty neat, I hope you're right. My only complaint is that I only saw your post after you finished the list so I couldn't try cracking it myself.

@Othin Personally I would want Nino alt to dress up as either Jaffar, Linus or Lloyd. I could see IS making her dress up as Sonia too, but that would feel pretty wrong. Watch as we'll get Nino as Linus before actual Linus.

12 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Aura and Excalibur are odd ones, in that they ARE personal weapons in FE1 and Mystery of the Emblem before becoming available to all characters in the remakes to an extent (Excalibur for males, Aura for Females), while still being "exclusive" to Linde and Merric who can wield their respective tome regardless of weapon rank. And Excalibur's history in the series is wild, enough that there may very well be a user from Magvel in Heroes one day.

But Dark Aura and Dark Excalibur, which are called "Echoes Aura" and "Echoes Excalibur" in Japanese, are not from FE1 or FE3. They are specifically intended to be the weapons Aura and Excalibur from Gaiden and Echoes.

Unlike Ragnarok, both have ample character distribution. In addition, Mae shares Dark Aura's weapon type and color, and Boey shares Dark Excalibur's, and both are capable of using the corresponding weapon in Echoes, yet cannot in Heroes due to the character lock.

Edited by Ice Dragon

37 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Chalk this up to me having way too much spare time, but if current pattern for the legendary heroes holds up, I think I've cracked the last two earth heroes, at least.

The pattern I've noticed and am assuming so far is that each element will be represented by four heroes, one from each color of orb, and each will give a different stat boost. However, blessing and color combinations will not repeat across elements.

Ike and Grima are both earth heroes, the first duplicate element. This leads me to assume that our remaining legendary earth heroes will be blue and green, and give defense and resistance blessings. However, because Ephraim is already a blue legendary hero who gives a defense boost, the blue earth legendary hero will give a resistance boost, and the green one a defense boost. If the blue earth legendary hero gives a resistance boost, and with Fjorm and Ephraim's elements and boosts also confirmed, the blue wind hero will boost attack.

As of now, that's all I've figured out, but I'm going to see if I can figure out anything else. That said, if my theory is wrong then I just wasted quite a bit of time for nothing XD

EDIT: Just figured out wind. Colorless wind hero cannot boost speed because of Grima, therefore they should be defense. Which leaves red wind hero to be speed.

EDIT2:

Okay! I figured the entire thing out. If my predictions are at all accurate, then this is what we should expect.

Earth:
Blue hero boosts res
Green hero boosts defense

Wind
Blue hero boosts attack
Red hero boosts speed
Colorless hero boosts defense

Fire

Red hero boosts res
Green hero boosts speed
Colorless hero boosts attack

Water
Red hero boosts defense
Green hero boosts attack
Colorless hero boosts res

Using our known legendary heroes:
Fjorm: water-blue-speed
Gunnthra: wind-green-res
Ike: earth-red-attack
Ephraim: fire-blue-defense
f!Grima: earth-colorless-speed

I think we'll end up with more than 16 legendary heroes in total, but that does seem like a solid estimate for the first 16.

I do think they'll aim to make elements and stat boosts as balanced as possible, but color could be a sticking point. Like, they made the first four legendary heroes cover all four elements and stats, but not all four colors.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

But Dark Aura and Dark Excalibur, which are called "Echoes Aura" and "Echoes Excalibur" in Japanese, are not from FE1 or FE3. They are specifically intended to be the weapons Aura and Excalibur from Gaiden and Echoes.

Unlike Ragnarok, both have ample character distribution. In addition, Mae shares Dark Aura's weapon type and color, and Boey shares Dark Excalibur's, and both are capable of using the corresponding weapon in Echoes, yet cannot in Heroes due to the character lock.

Mae and Boey aren't renown spellcasters, and the most Mae had going for her besides yet tapped into talent was being able to cast Thunder earlier than Boey. Sonya was the daughter of the Duma Faithfuls head priest (which probably led to inheriting some potent magic), and Delthea is descendant of powerful magic, even being targeted specifically for it. Mae and Boey, who as early game units lack any defining features until later, end up having to work for Aura and Excalibur, the other two have it by default.

Also I did not know about Echoes Aura and Echoes Excalibur, but they sound cooler and a little less edgy.

15 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

end up having to work for Aura and Excalibur,

Raven has to work damned hard to get an S rank in axes to use Basilikos considering he starts with an E rank after promotion.

Even Ike needs to pull his axe rank from A on promotion to SS to use Urvan in Radiant Dawn (and isn't even allowed to use Urvan for the last three maps of the game).

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Raven has to work damned hard to get an S rank in axes to use Basilikos considering he starts with an E rank after promotion.

Even Ike needs to pull his axe rank from A on promotion to SS to use Urvan in Radiant Dawn (and isn't even allowed to use Urvan for the last three maps of the game).

I'm not really sure if weapons introduced to a character long after actually apply, since that begins to leave "lore" and enter "we came up with a cool effect and now need a weapon to put it on"

Even before the changes to summoning pity breakers though, Raven still has a Brave Axe+ instead of Basilisko (I think, haven't summoned him at 5* lately), so he is still working for that Basilisko that Brendan is totally gonna have, he's just doing about 3 SP weekend Axe Valor training maps worth of work as opposed to... whatever it is you do to grind for weapon ranks in Blazing Blade.

As for Ike... well here's the thing. Brave Ike is based off his appearance in Path of Radiance, which means that he'd have to be based off that version of Ike. But PoR Ike can't use axes at all. He only gains Axe usage as a Vanguard in RD, which means he also doesn't start with axe proficiency.

I... don't actually know how to follow up on the fact, that's just kind of an odd technicality I found when checking on Ike.

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You severely overestimate a few "safe" Devil Axe uses + Hand + Iron/Steel (usable at E)/Killer. FE7 weapon rank growth is a joke. But this isn't really relevant here.

20 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Even before the changes to summoning pity breakers though, Raven still has a Brave Axe+ instead of Basilisko (I think, haven't summoned him at 5* lately), so he is still working for that Basilisko that Brendan is totally gonna have

Who is Brendan? The actual founder of the Black Fang is very lacking in presence and important in FE7, a scarred middle-aged man who fell for Sonia's sultriness. He dies to Sonia onscreen if you unlock a gaiden chapter, and offscreen if you don't. He is never fought, HEL never encounter him until he's a Morph in the final fight. He is destined to be obscure and not in until the game is in its dying year if that.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Who is Brendan? The actual founder of the Black Fang is very lacking in presence and important in FE7, a scarred middle-aged man who fell for Sonia's sultriness. He dies to Sonia onscreen if you unlock a gaiden chapter, and offscreen if you don't. He is never fought, HEL never encounter him until he's a Morph in the final fight. He is destined to be obscure and not in until the game is in its dying year if that.

Yeah I have to agree here. Brendan shouldn't really have any priority anytime soon since he had as much to do with FE7 as Snoke had in the Last Jedi. In other words, he's pretty irrelevant. I think he only appears in two scenes in the whole game if I'm not mistaken. 

Now his son Linus, on the other hand... Lloyd should reunite with his brother this year.

15 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Now his son Linus, on the other hand... Lloyd should reunite with his brother this year.

After the tomahawk was usurped by Dorcas, I now wonder what kind of a weapon Linus would get.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

After the tomahawk was usurped by Dorcas, I now wonder what kind of a weapon Linus would get.

There's nothing that says Linus can't have the Stout Tomahawk too. After all [DATAMINE]:

Spoiler

They essentially just gave Saias the same weapon they gave Arvis, only Saias's is blue and shoots light as opposed to fire.

21 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Blazing Light Brand/Runesword? In reference to Cog of Destiny? A Brave Sword? Silver Blade? Runeaxe?

As long as he has the Iron Rune.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Linus will have the Courageuse Épée.

French for Brave Sword? Making a Meisterschwert-inspired joke already? Funny.

And I wonder which version of his title they will go with. They translated two equally valid ways in FE7: Mad Dog, and Rabid Hound. Rabid Hound sounds more FE classy, but Mad Dog does have its appeal.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

26 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Mad Tomahawk as a reference to his title with Berserk Armads’ effect. 

36 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I still think Basilikos is on the table, as it could pull a Hauteclere or Gradivus. Then again, I’m in for a completely random (and possibly nonsensical) weapon as the Basilikos we have now is basically a legendary Slaying Axe.

The new schedule is out, it's been a while since two new ghb being close to each other. I'm happy for that. And it seems to not have a seasonal banner or voting gaunlet? Interesting, I wonder who are the upcoming heroes?

Edited by Jingle Jangle

Man...There's going to be so many banners to choose from in the next month even disregarding the "filler banners." Two New Hero Banners, Golden Week, and the Legendary Banner... It's a good thing we're getting a lot of orbs, but all the same...wow. It's going to be hard to pick what to pull from...

I guess the next Voting Gauntlet is the brides one, probably. Seems fine.

Good to see they aren't cramming in another seasonal banner between them. Three New Heroes banners in a row, that hasn't happened in a long time. I think the last time was between the first spring and bride banners, actually.

I don't think the orange looks very good, tbh.

That's one long Golden Week.

Edited by Othin