Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Funny that I grumbled about needing Close Counter to make the stupid +Def work for my poor -Atk H!Henry on the F2P alt, and they announce they'll hand out a Takumi.

Actually not sacking him, going to use him. The F2P account is IV screwed as it is and can use all the neutral units it can get. The main will also be raising him for a merge into +Spd -Res.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

17 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

There are two main reasons why Takumi is rated where he is on the budget tier list. Firstly, natures are allowed for common units like Virion, but are disregarded for rare units. Takumi is therefore rated on his 32/33 offenses, Virion is actually ahead with 34/31. Takumi soon being free does not change this as getting an optimal one is no easier than it was before. Second is that 5-star inheritance is disallowed, so they're either rated with their default weapons, or a 4-star weapon like a regular Brave Bow. Yes, Virion's default skillset is unimpressive, but the thing is, once you look below the gloss, so is Takumi's. Fujin Yumi is frankly rather unimpressive and basically performs the same as a Silver Bow+ once both are refined. Close Counter is rare, sure, but is not the best A-skill for him in practice, and both are allowed to have Death Blow 3 for the purposes of this list. Building Takumi is pretty much the same amount of investment as building Virion.

So yeah, If you look at the archers rated above him, they either have a better weapon (which is most of them) or have a big stat advantage (Bridelia). When you go to the arena tier list, suddenly Takumi is allowed to be +atk and have a Brave Bow+ and so he moves up.

In general though, Takumi's biggest problem is Klein. Basically the same offensive statline, but Klein already starts with what would be Takumi's optimal set, and is much more available. A fully built Takumi becomes another Klein, for use in AA or out of favouritism. I have a perfect +Atk -Res Takumi, but I haven't bothered building him up because I rarely use my Klein as it is, so why would I need a second? If I didn't have Bridelia I'd probably have done so though.

I see. I have a few objections to the criteria, but if they are really sticking to them that would explain it. They really did a bad job at improving Fuujin Yumi. they raised it from a shitty weapon to a meh weapon with a niche that doesn't come into play too often. They made Brynhildr actually viable, but didn't do the same with the Fuujin. Since Ephraim got 2 seperate upgrades, here is hoping that Takumi will get another one. Something has to be done for sure, since Takumi and all his alts just keep sliding down in usuability. Even his Mochi version was upstaged not two weeks after his release (Sothe will forever be LnD fodder to me). Knowing Intsys though, they'll just throw in another alt and call it a day.

The only other archesr that I use are B!Lyn on horse teams, and now Hinoka for fliers. Sometimes I throw in P!Takumi for flavor and his unique skill. I actually do own a Bridelia (randomly pulled from an LG banner), but she is -Spd +Def. The only thing she has going over Takumi is 2 points in speed (and only because he is -Spd too) and a bit more Res. I have no favouritism for her and so no reason to ever seriously use her. She just collects dust in my barracks.

5 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Yato upgrade. Camilla and Clair get a new weapon. And I just sent home all my Clairs yesterday. RIP

Ooh, my +10 M!Corrin might actually see some real use in this case. :D Maybe I'll put him in a theme team of Camilla/Azura/Elise?

Takumi will become our first summoned hero instead of Virion...?

So what does that mean for Virion's 5* lv40 text? He directly references the fact he is our first hero.

I guess I'm also glad I had pity breaking M!Corrin and Clair in the past... kind of... not really, but somewhat? It at least means I'll have a good excuse to finally build M!Corrin. Clair I'm not expecting much from, I mean she is +Res -Spd.

I'm glad, since they are updating the tutorial, that we are being compensated the cost it would take to upgrade them all to 4*, especially since I personally sent home starter Raigh, Matthew, and Virion since then and am basically getting free 6,600 feathers.

Edited by Xenomata

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

@Nanima Funny thing about Fujin Yumi is that it does basically the same thing and is considered broken in Fates

Well yeah, the map sets and rules are different, which allowed Takumi to shine in Fates. Not that refinements are always grounded in canon. Brynhildr certainly didn't turn Leo into a ranged tank in Fates, so they can do whatever they want with the (hopefully) next Fuujin upgrade. A great thing would be if they gave it a Brave effect like Amiti has.

7 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Well yeah, the map sets and rules are different, which allowed Takumi to shine in Fates. Not that refinements are always grounded in canon. Brynhildr certainly didn't turn Leo into a ranged tank in Fates, so they can do whatever they want with the (hopefully) next Fuujin upgrade. A great thing would be if they gave it a Brave effect like Amiti has.

I don't think brave effects are on the table for refinements, since they have a Mt and Spd penalty compared to other legendary weapons.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Usually you bring one bonus unit, which should be the only unit without merges in your team. I don't think it will make such a difference for defense wins. 

I kind of expect that people will start using multiple bonus units from now on because of the incentive and +4 to each stat can make a real difference. For instance, I see LeLyn and Seigbert are both bonus units next week (no change to bonus units until the 14th) and they have half of the tactics skills. It's not that difficult to make a tactics team really if you have them (Defence has RadIke who is free, Res has L'Arachel who can be got at 4*, never mind seasonals.). I think it'll be easy for people to work with stacking bonus units for easy wins, though I doubt it will affect the highest tiers of play unless the formula is altered.

Just now, Dayni said:

I kind of expect that people will start using multiple bonus units from now on because of the incentive and +4 to each stat can make a real difference. For instance, I see LeLyn and Seigbert are both bonus units next week (no change to bonus units until the 14th) and they have half of the tactics skills. It's not that difficult to make a tactics team really if you have them (Defence has RadIke who is free, Res has L'Arachel who can be got at 4*, never mind seasonals.). I think it'll be easy for people to work with stacking bonus units for easy wins, though I doubt it will affect the highest tiers of play unless the formula is altered.

If you have a merged arena core, multiple bonus units would lower your score, since most of them won't be merged and don't have expensive skills either. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

If you have a merged arena core, multiple bonus units would lower your score, since most of them won't be merged and don't have expensive skills either. 

I'm not assuming it will affect that level of play too much. It also doesn't boost opponents so it doesn't make those merged core units even stronger.

Though it will be interesting to see if there's any unmentioned changes to scoring. That might have an impact, but of course we don't know if there even would be anything else changed.

Edited by Dayni

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I'm not assuming it will affect that level of play too much. It also doesn't boost opponents so it doesn't make those merged core units even more ridiculous.

That's true, I don't know what units are currently necessary to reach tiers 15-18. Perhaps it will be easier to predict offense teams, if people will build their team out of bonus units. 

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Though it will be interesting to see if there's any unmentioned changes to scoring. That might have an impact, but of course we don't know if there even would be anything else changed.

It would be nice if they changed something in the tier size. With the current score inflation, I'm always ~40 points away from staying in tier 20, even if I'm continuously improving my team.

The change to 5 matches (from 7 matches before) will make it easier for people to fish for higher match-ups. 

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

That's true, I don't know what units are currently necessary to reach tiers 15-18. Perhaps it will be easier to predict offense teams, if people will build their team out of bonus units. 

I can enter tier 19 without merges (hitting in the range around 690-700, the higher the better), to get an idea of where we're at for arena (I really am too used to breadth rather than depth for Heroes, particularly in arena). That's not always the case (I need a team with full skillsets and I doubt cavs could do it) and I have the feeling before long I'll be unable to enter 19 and possibly 18 eventually (unlikely as that is)

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

It would be nice if they changed something in the tier size. With the current score inflation, I'm always ~40 points away from staying in tier 20, even if I'm continuously improving my team.

The change to 5 matches (from 7 matches before) will make it easier for people to fish for higher match-ups. 

Well, that's what we'll have to wait on.

Edited by Dayni

I'm a div. Just been playing GC and thought I was on Anna's team. Was fighting matches that were just out of her favour (to try and tip the score before reset)... before I realised I was actually in Sharena's. Doh!

I used a conquest lance, too, but that was only because I wanted Kaze as soon as possible. I've already began levelling him up. He hit level 30 before my lunch break ended. I plan to 5* him immediately :D Since I seem to have a Fates theme going, I'll probably level Shigure, Dark Shigure (the dupe one I pulled is -Def instead of -Atk and both have +Res as a boon so I'mma merge), M!Corrin and Kaze, since I'm too impatient to wait for the final 8k feathers, and they can be put to use for the next training team along :)

Well I am quite happy about the update coming, free CC is great but I have to think about who will be getting it.  That 5* Clair I pulled a while back is looking forward to her refine and this update just might make me finally 5* Camilla and M!Corrin.   I will be training up Kaze with M!Kana and I am looking forward to having them both at 5*.

Guys, are you sure that we'll receive the feathers and the 4* Takumi? I haven't read it ingame, but for what I've read in internet, it seems only for new people. 

New Arena seems interesting, at least refered to ofense rewards, but I'm not sure if it will be worth if it makes much harder to enter tier 20. If it's only a bit there's no problem, as I usually get a score 80-90 points higher than the cut.

I couldn't resist and pulled in the Legendary banner (I had no more copies for my merge projects and didn't have any fodder). I have ended with 24 orbs (started with 167) and I'm pretty happy. I've got Legendary Grim, a +Atk/-HP Genny, another Genny that I've foddered to Elise and an extra Legendary Ike (Warding Breath fodder). Sadly, I've realised that archers can't use it :(

I thought on my 5* lvl 1+4 Niles (I'm not going to level him until I get a Setsuna for Guard Bow), but it seems that I'll have to continue waiting for Distant Defense fodder. At least I got a 3* Niles to go for the next merge. Also, would you give him Dull Range? I've got a M!Morgan and I was doubting if Dull Range or Spur Def/Res could work

Edited by Javi Blizz

I'm glad we got news of a refinement for Clair before I started building mine/sacrificing units for her. Luckily I've got other projects I can focus on until then, and hopefully her new weapon turns out to be a good one!

in other news the Legendary banner's been very kind to me, giving me both an extra Micaiah for merging and F!Grima, who I've been dying for ever since her reveal. She's -spd which is kind of unfortunate, but if I run her on my flying team (which would appreciate her speed boost more than my dragons anyway) that shouldn't be too much of a problem between goads and hone.

7 hours ago, Hilda said:

my mage/dargon/redsword slaying Clair +10 5star is ready for this update. I hope the refinement is good!!!

What i wish: combined slaying and wo dao effect. but thats wishfull thinking

It is probably going to be a significant change from the Berkut's Lance that you either won't use it or you will have to completely change her role on your team.

I hate the Rival Domains/Grand conquest teleport change. It completely messes up my strategy of destroying all 8 enemies on one enemy phase. Granted it is going to make things stupidly easy now. I am generally not a fan of dumbing down/nerfing things to try to achieve balance.

I am very happy about the Yato upgrade as I have a +4 Corrin from pity breaks. I also have a +3 Clair, so if her weapon is really good, she may be getting +10'ed to match Caeda and Cherche. Camilla, I'm not too excited for. I have enough copies to +10 her and then some, but we will see how good her Axe is.

Free Takumi and massive feather influx is nice. Still waiting for the Askr trio to get updated weapons. Although, this could be the first step. Giving them new weapons would just piss off everyone who left them at 2*. I could totally see their new weapons coming next time. Possibly in conjunction with the conclusion of Book 2.

HM for the stupid tap battle is actually nice. I just hope is is more than 4 or 5 per go. If they want people to actually play the mode it will have to be something worthwhile to grind for like 10 or more HM. It will probably be more on the hard difficulty as well.

4 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Guys, are you sure that we'll receive the feathers and the 4* Takumi? I haven't read it ingame, but for what I've read in internet, it seems only for new people. 

Read the notification board. New players are starting with the Askr trio as 4*s and Takumi replaces Virion as the first summon. It is only players would have been playing before the new update who gets the resources as compensation.

7 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

“We’re also giving out a Thanks for Playing Gift to players who started playing from version 2.4.0 and earlier”, — from the bulletin board.

18 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

There are very specifically two sections of the notification, one for players who first played during before patch 2.5, and one for new players after 2.5.

Current players get Takumi plus exactly enough feathers and badges to theoretically promote a two red units, one blue unit, one green unit, and two grey units from 2-star to 4-star. This explains the weird 13200 feather number, it's 6 units promoted at a cost of 2200 each. (Alfonse, Raigh, Sharena, Anna, Virion, Matthew). The number of crystals provided is presumably the exact number required to level each of them to 20 twice in order to get the promotions.

New players will have Takumi show up instead of Virion in the tutorial, and Virion will simply be a 4* unit that starts in your castle, like Raigh and Matthew. These players will not receive any extra feathers, badges or shards because all the units start at 4* already.

Edited by Humanoid

Of course Clair gets a weapon refinement long after I already sacrificed most of mine to give my other units Hit and Run. Also, I have no idea what I will do with free Takumi. Giving Close Counter to another unit is probably for the best but I'm not sure who would actually benefit from it besides armored ranged units and maybe bladetome Leo. I'm always happy to see QoL improvements to Heroes though.

Thinking about who to give the free CC to and I have it down to H!Jakob or H!Henry and I am leaning towards H!Jakob.  I kind of want to go back to the legendary banner for armor march fodder for H!Jakob but I know I used up my luck yesterday and I don't want anymore Inigos, plus I only had about 3 or 4 green orbs show up in my summoning.  At least H!Jakob can use armor boots and while I do like armor march I can take things slow and live without it so I can do my favorite armor team of BK, H!Jakob, C!Chrom and V!Eliwood anyway even if they can't move very fast.