Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I don't either like I said (though it's not from a lack of trying for me). I was just pointing out that another flier with protection against bows exists and would probably work quite well for Narcian Infernal. Though again, only if the legendary banners like you enough.

Yeah, that's fair enough. I'll probably use her in that case if I do ever somehow end up with her though. I'm not a fan of Grima, but if she can help me get more orbs, well... xP

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

They're all good but I'd also really like Fiora, Canas, Rath, and Wil.

I like them too, but I can't imagine most games getting as many as two New Heroes banners from now until the rest of time. I also have to admit I didn't take into account the Alt tax. So the Banner has to be Louise, Nils, alt pegasus knight Ninian, and alt lance cav Eliwood. Eliwood will make a vague reference to a female Pharean knight captain, teasing anybody holding out hope for Isadora coming to the game. While nerds on this sub forum will justify Ninian since she lived in Ilia, the land of pegasus knights, and probably learned to fly through her friendship with Florina.

Edited by Glennstavos

10 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Oh wow, good job! My horse emblem people are kind of limited, and most F2P guides require me to have upgraded a Xander to 5*, which I haven't, so it's a bit tough, haha. 

I don't have that either, yeah. :P I just had to build what horses I did get/want and find ways to work with them. I used to use Seth and Stahl before Sigurd. I also sometimes use horse Chrom in place of Sigurd, usually if there are dragon enemies.

I would like to pick up Xander next time he's available though. I've tried to before, but kinda gave up for some reason. I didn't get him when he first debuted because I didn't care for him then. I do rather like him now thanks to Bunny Xander and Warriors.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have that either, yeah. :P I just had to build what horses I did get/want and find ways to work with them. I used to use Seth and Stahl before Sigurd. I also sometimes use horse Chrom in place of Sigurd, usually if there are dragon enemies.

I would like to pick up Xander next time he's available though. I've tried to before, but kinda gave up for some reason. I didn't get him when he first debuted because I didn't care for him then. I do rather like him now thanks to Bunny Xander and Warriors.

My only sword cavalier is Reinhardt but he just isn't tanky enough like Sigurd or Stahl, which is kind of a problem.

It's amazing what some things can do for a character for you to change your opinion on them :P I grew to like Corrin after seeing him/her in warriors, and I hope we can keep this direction going with more characters. 

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

My only sword cavalier is Reinhardt but he just isn't tanky enough like Sigurd or Stahl, which is kind of a problem.

It's amazing what some things can do for a character for you to change your opinion on them :P I grew to like Corrin after seeing him/her in warriors, and I hope we can keep this direction going with more characters. 

Yeah. Fates was stupid with characters in general imo, but Heroes and Warriors did well with them. In terms of dialogue and stuff that is. A few Heroes designs are far too fanservicey for my liking.

I wouldn't mind having sword Rein someday. He seems really good too. But I'm in no hurry to get him since I've got Sigurd, horse Chrom, Seth, and Siegbert for sword cavs already.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I wouldn't mind having sword Rein someday. He seems really good too. But I'm in no hurry to get him since I've got Sigurd, horse Chrom, Seth, and Siegbert for sword cavs already.

Yeah he's alright. Mine is neutral, so he doesn't have any major flaws (except for his speed of course), but him being not so tanky really hurts me. You have like all the horse cavs that I really want, haha. I really like Seth and Horse Chrom's art, Sigurd seems really OP, and I need Siegbert's Atk Tactic for my Cecilia :P

3 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Yeah he's alright. Mine is neutral, so he doesn't have any major flaws (except for his speed of course), but him being not so tanky really hurts me. You have like all the horse cavs that I really want, haha. I really like Seth and Horse Chrom's art, Sigurd seems really OP, and I need Siegbert's Atk Tactic for my Cecilia :P

I didn't want Siegbert and Chrom. lol I just ended up with them when going after RD Ike and male Morgan respectively. In fact, I ended up with three horse Chroms before Morgan finally showed. But I've found some use for them.

59 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I'd prefer an Elibe banner next. As has already been noted, FE6 is the only game remaining to never get a New Heroes Banner. Lots of important and/or likeable characters missing like Perceval, Gonzales, Old!Marcus, Sue and Shin as colored horse bows, either of the dancers, and Shanna has earned a place for her sisters after clutching that Voting Gauntlet victory.

I also feel like you can knock out the best FE7 picks in just one expansion. Louise, Sain and Kent, Nils. Pent as a TT reward and Nergal as a GHB.

Honestly, if that FE7 banner happened, I would just throw my wallet at the screen >.< I would also love Rath in there, somewhere, but if I could get Kent and Sain, then I would be very, very happy :D 

I'm kind of hoping for FE6 for the reasons mentioned (especially with Perceval on), although if it was FE7 to follow Legendary Lyn, that would be pretty fitting, too. I guess I wouldn't complain if another Fates banner happened, so long as Silas was included somewhere. Dwyer would be awesome, too. Along with Keaton and Kaden, I think they're the main Fates people I want in the game. 

Kinda hoping for all new characters, but I'm fully expecting at least one to already exist  the game. 

Edited by Cute Chao

Well, we should get a banner trailer dropped either tomorrow night or wednesday night, right? We'll see then. Personally, I favor the idea that it'll be an FE7 banner, but I can also see the possibility of it being a Nohr-focused banner to mirror Wings of Fate. Sophie, Camilla alt, Forrest maybe? With Silas as a GHB/TT reward? For FE7, I already put my idea forward for Lyndis' Legion banner: Kent, Sain, Florina!Alt; Rath/Erk as GHB/TT rewards.

Don't think anybody's mentioned this here yet.

DcmvHo4V0AE95P7.jpg

According to this guy's data (apparently gathered from a site called AppAnnie), Lyn has had the worst performing legendary banner, and just poor performance in general compared to other recent new unit banners. Also, just judging off this, it seems alts up until Lyn have been drawing sales just fine. However, this is still just launch day numbers for each one. So I guess we still don't know the end totals for them.

In honor of the character quests I 5*ed A!Tiki today so with her I can now run a dragon emblem team. Tiki will be getting a spd refine once I get the stones.

45 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

In honor of the character quests I 5*ed A!Tiki today so with her I can now run a dragon emblem team. Tiki will be getting a spd refine once I get the stones.

Why speed? Adult Tiki's a sleepy slug of a dragon.

Also speaking of speed, I remember seeing a post of yours asking about what other bow KinsHinoka could use. I don't remember if anyone mentioned Firesweep Bow.

54 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Don't think anybody's mentioned this here yet.

DcmvHo4V0AE95P7.jpg

According to this guy's data (apparently gathered from a site called AppAnnie), Lyn has had the worst performing legendary banner, and just poor performance in general compared to other recent new unit banners. Also, just judging off this, it seems alts up until Lyn have been drawing sales just fine. However, this is still just launch day numbers for each one. So I guess we still don't know the end totals for them.

Well those numbers are very discouraging, it means people love alts but only hated this Lyn alt.  Which means nothing is going to change, if those numbers are accurate and also are similar to what those banners performed as a whole.  Wow and look at Thracia too.  The future looks very discouraging unless you like Fates/Awakening alts.  

Well, Ike and Ephraim did well, so hopefully the lesson isn't "only Fakes/Awakening alts are okay."  I hope they take it as four alts are too many rather than alts from old games aren't wanted.  If they are going to do alts at all, I want to see them spread across games.

Then again, I'm probably biased because I've never played Fakes/Awakening and desperately want to see more Tellius...

Edited by Venmi

45 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Wow and look at Thracia too.  The future looks very discouraging unless you like Fates/Awakening alts.  

Remember that Thracia had two new characters and two not even different looking alts.

If the future looks grim, blame everyone who thought it a good idea to make such low effort alts, and blame us for putting original Reinhardt in a celebrity position.

Edited by Xenomata

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Why speed? Adult Tiki's a sleepy slug of a dragon.

Also speaking of speed, I remember seeing a post of yours asking about what other bow KinsHinoka could use. I don't remember if anyone mentioned Firesweep Bow.

I thought it might help her not be doubled, but I may go with def depending on what I feel like when I get 50 stones again.  As to Kinoka several people mentioned firesweep bow but I sadly have only ever pulled one Faye so that is a no go for now.  I like Kinoka's warrior princess bow after playing with it some so I am happy with that for now.

People pull heavily on legendary heroes banners for all sorts of characters that they missed before so the higher numbers should not only be attributed to the alternates.

I’m hoping for a FE6 banner myself. Considering the Law of Sacae map was used, I hope this is foreshadowing of what’s to come. I also hope that the map music will be “Within the magnificent nature”, because that’s one of the best tracks in the game.

1 hour ago, Venmi said:

Well, Ike and Ephraim did well, so hopefully the lesson isn't "only Fakes/Awakening alts are okay."  I hope they take it as four alts are too many rather than alts from old games aren't wanted.  If they are going to do alts at all, I want to see them spread across games.

Then again, I'm probably biased because I've never played Fakes/Awakening and desperately want to see more Tellius...

Yet, F Robin legendary is one of the highest grossing on there.  The 6th Robin.  I mean if people don't want too many alts then they should hate any character with so many.  Ike is the most popular character in the game, Ephraim was only his 2nd version.  However Robins, Lucinas, and Chroms can throw out countless alts and it doesn't seem to effect sales.  That is discouraging.  I want to see more Tellius too, it hasn't gotten much representation.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Remember that Thracia had two new characters and two not even different looking alts.

If the future looks grim, blame everyone who thought it a good idea to make such low effort alts, and blame us for putting original Reinhardt in a celebrity position.

Yeah but one of the new characters was Leif the final lord to be introduced into Heroes, and Nanna is a major character in that game as well.  Considering Thracia is the least known of the games, and IS seeing those numbers, we might never see Thracia again.  

16 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

People pull heavily on legendary heroes banners for all sorts of characters that they missed before so the higher numbers should not only be attributed to the alternates.

but this legendary banner was one of the strongest.  You had the only 2 dancer mages in the game, the only armor bow in the game who is also widely considered among the strongest characters overall, and the only green mage armor in the game who is also considered very strong.  You have the MC of Radiant Dawn Miciah with her unique tome, Genny with wrathful staff as well.  This was a great banner to spend orbs on, yet to pull less than half of the other legendary banners?  

I guess I didn't think about Robin, though I've seen it argued that technically each Robin version has only three alts...  Just frustrating, especially when Tellius has been so ignored.  Not that it's the only game that has been slighted, I'm not claiming that at all.  But they didn't have a single character at launch, and the first character form Tellius to be added was Sanaki, who barely gets any play time in RD. I just don't want to see the new games get all of the alts when Tellius is missing all of one of its races.  I'll take Tellius alts over no Tellius at all.

(Of course, I'm thrilled Zelgius and Ike are such great units since they're two of my favorites along with Micaiah, but my dreams of getting Reyson in game are probably never going to be fulfilled.  And Zihark and Volug are even less likely.) 

2 hours ago, Venmi said:

I guess I didn't think about Robin, though I've seen it argued that technically each Robin version has only three alts...  Just frustrating, especially when Tellius has been so ignored.  Not that it's the only game that has been slighted, I'm not claiming that at all.  But they didn't have a single character at launch, and the first character form Tellius to be added was Sanaki, who barely gets any play time in RD. I just don't want to see the new games get all of the alts when Tellius is missing all of one of its races.  I'll take Tellius alts over no Tellius at all.

(Of course, I'm thrilled Zelgius and Ike are such great units since they're two of my favorites along with Micaiah, but my dreams of getting Reyson in game are probably never going to be fulfilled.  And Zihark and Volug are even less likely.) 

Oh yeah I believe Tellius and Judgral are the screwed continents here.  The thing is the histories and lore behind both of those are so developed and much deeper IMO than the other ones.  It is really painful waiting forever to get a new addition from either FE9/10 or FE4/5.  I'm further worried that when they introduce beast units finally, a great opportunity to debut the laguz, instead we will see beast units from Fates/Awakening.  Man it would have been awesome to have added Reyson when they added GHB Oliver, so in the Radiant dawn banner.  

I'm really worried by what I've seen this year.  I mean even with Awakening/Fates they are adding alts instead of some of the other popular characters.  I mean if they won't add Sumia or something, like are they going to even add characters like Tibarn or Lewyn ever?  It isn't just it's alts, it is like they are very restrictive in who they are going to add from now on.  Like you have to be a top popular character to get in, semi popular characters may never get added.  

2 hours ago, Venmi said:

Oh yeah I believe Tellius and Judgral are the screwed continents here.  The thing is the histories and lore behind both of those are so developed and much deeper IMO than the other ones.  It is really painful waiting forever to get a new addition from either FE9/10 or FE4/5.  I'm further worried that when they introduce beast units finally, a great opportunity to debut the laguz, instead we will see beast units from Fates/Awakening.  Man it would have been awesome to have added Reyson when they added GHB Oliver, so in the Radiant dawn banner.  

I'm really worried by what I've seen this year.  I mean even with Awakening/Fates they are adding alts instead of some of the other popular characters.  I mean if they won't add Sumia or something, like are they going to even add characters like Tibarn or Lewyn ever?  It isn't just it's alts, it is like they are very restrictive in who they are going to add from now on.  Like you have to be a top popular character to get in, semi popular characters may never get added.  

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Yeah but one of the new characters was Leif the final lord to be introduced into Heroes, and Nanna is a major character in that game as well.  Considering Thracia is the least known of the games, and IS seeing those numbers, we might never see Thracia again.  

Each time another FE title made it's way to heroes beyond the early Family Bonds and Sibling Bonds, there was always at least one Lord and one at least semi-important character featured in the banner. I guess save Echoes, but I don't actually recall many of the Echoes characters beyond Alm and Celica being all that important...? Maybe besides Conrad?

Anyway, I don't specifically remember the estimated lifespan of Heroes, but we get 2 banners a month featuring new characters besides the Legendary Banner, I really don't think we'll go, say, the rest of the year without a little more Genealogy or Thracia representation. And if not, well they can't keep giving us more Awakening and Fates forever.

As far as new banners go, I'm hoping to see Elibe, specifically FE6. If Canas, Pent, Louise, or Lugh can make it into the game in the next few months, I'll be a super happy camper. If it's not Elibe, I'd love to see more Dawn Brigade make it in. I need Edward and Leonardo. It'd also be cool to get laguz, but somehow I doubt we'll get laguz before the other shapeshifters since I'm pretty sure the others were more popular. There's also a small part of me that wouldn't mind another Fates banner with a Leo alt or an Awakening banner that introduced Maribelle... But I have zero expectations for what comes next. It could be completely random.

@Zeo I've also taken the suggestion of making a hero team to heart. I experimented a little with team compositions and seriously thought about which characters I would be proud to see conquer all the difficult content as well as heavily invest into in the future. And I think I settled on one. I did a test run on the Lyn Infernal map (which I recorded but haven't had time to post), and I think I've settled on Raven, Lucius, Mia, and Micaiah. I love all four characters a great deal. I've already invested quite a bit into them. All of them have flexible builds. I'll try to clear Kana's Infernal map before it disappears before making my final decision, but I enjoyed watching those four work together.

Maybe we can get a Mother's Day Banner with Louise, Juno, Niime, and alt Titania with Urvan.