Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I'm in a similar position, pulled a Hector on the summer banner. I replaced my +Spd -Def Titania base with a +Spd -Res one just before so that might have been self-sabotage, but then I've just pulled a great Myrrh so it's tricky regardless. In the end I think I'll just hold onto Hector for now and see what the next few months of refinements bring.

- Titania is 4*+9 currently and is in a class without access to native DC, which is unique amongst the classes I considered. However I don't really use her much as I'm heavy on great green horse mages. I also feel her statline could benefit from some more oomph via Fury.

- Myrrh is also a great candidate but typically runs in a dragon team instead of a flier team, and is therefore surrounded by native DC units. Having a fourth DC unit in the team seems a bit redundant, and even in a flier team, F Grima will also be there.

- Caeda or Palla seem reasonable choices too, but then Legendary Ryoma turned up. Not that I have him, mind. Michalis would be cheeky but too one-dimensional.

- Eliwood or Mathilda, eh, I'm happy with Xander and Camus in general performance.

- Melee infantry are out, as I don't use them enough.

- Clair and Camilla would be unique in their class and have well-suited statlines. However neither are units I have built (or plan to build).

So yeah, in the end I couldn't think of anyone I'd truly be comfortable giving it to, so I'll sit on the DC and see what the future brings for the likes of Palla and Shanna.

P.S. The only other spare DC I've ever gotten went to Effie who was +Res -Spd. Then an +Atk -Spd one fell into my lap, and I always thought I'd just keep both, one as a mage counter, the other as a Brave Lance monster. But now Hardin's turned up and does both roles, kinda. Not sure what to do with Effie now, maybe just merge into the +Atk but keep her as enemy phase?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 hours ago, Khid said:

I’ve been pity-broken 7 times now trying to snipe for S!Innes. If the next five-star isn’t him, I think I’m gonna go insane

I feel you. I got Deirdre, Cordelia, tana and Eirika before he finally showed up... And that was after the legendary ryoma debacle ><

Hardin's not even giving me pity breakers. He's just straight on not showing up -.-

7 hours ago, Johann said:

If you have Emerald Axes or Triangle Adept to spare (gogo 3* Arthur), the following units can handle Nowi quite well at 4* due to their high Res:

• Titania - she's practically ready to go right out of the box, though you might want to toss a spare Iceberg or Glacies on her for good measure. Pairs extremely well with 4* Ruby Sword Eliwood since he has Ward Cavalry and does well against the green dragons.
  • Hawkeye - may want a different special, and his crap Spd means he'll really want a B skill if you want him to kill before getting hit by a special
  • Camilla - contrary to her normal skillset, you won't want to play aggressively with her, and instead just let those dragons come to you. As a flier, she's extremely handy for those awful lava maps
  • Sheena - bulky enough that she can take on both dragons and lances without a problem. Definitely give her Pivot. Shame none of the easily acquired red armors have good Res, though. Gwendolyn makes for an excellent partner if you need a blue at least.
  • Fae - gotta use that TA, though she's got good enough Res. If you don't care about Kana (M), you could even give her Water Breath (regular) and Fortify Dragons, but that's not necessary at all.
  • Anna - least ideal option as a 4*, but giving her TA3 as a 5* is very useful for AA or chain challenge.

Except for Anna, it's easy enough to merge these units up a bit if you don't have any need for these units as fodder or whatever. A little investment is recommended (assist skills like Reposition, B skills like QR or Guard are nice to have), and for the most part, +Atk is a good idea for most of them since they'd probably be using a weak weapon. The same strategy applies quite well to green dragons using Fir, Eliwood, Lloyd, and Selena. Hopefully I'm not forgetting any units.

And These units are all meh or not that great in general. I don't use any of them on arena teams. Like I said, we need Nowi counters that are actually useful in situations other than that.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And These units are all meh or not that great in general. I don't use any of them on arena teams. Like I said, we need Nowi counters that are actually useful in situations other than that.

Except Johann is talking about arena assault where you can preview your enemy’s team and pick your counters.

Also Anna isn’t meh. Mine runs Fury, Desperation, and Iceberg and can and does kill Nowis dead.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Except Johann is talking about arena assault where you can preview your enemy’s team and pick your counters.

Also Anna isn’t meh. Mine runs Fury, Desperation, and Iceberg and can and does kill Nowis dead.

Even there though, I never use them because I have a lot of better options for their colors and weapon types. The Askr trio all around are meh now because they lack merges or weapon refines or anything like that. And this still doesn't solve the issue of me running into Nowis in the regular arena a lot.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Even there though, I never use them because I have a lot of better options for their colors and weapon types. The Askr trio all around are meh now because they lack merges or weapon refines or anything like that. And this still doesn't solve the issue of me running into Nowis in the regular arena a lot.

I use Anna in the regular arena when she is a bonus and I don’t have any other bonus. She does her bloody job.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I use Anna in the regular arena when she is a bonus and I don’t have any other bonus. She does her bloody job.

Maybe for you, but I still have better green axe options these days. Why would I ever bother with her for anything but Anna quests when I have CYL Ike, or my megatank Freddy? Or my playerphase nuke Raven? I'd even say my Groom Marth and Bunny Alfonse are generally better options too.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Do you have better options for fighting Nowi?

Personally, I've found Titania, Camilla, and Sheena all to be quite effective in general, just as regular axe users for teams of their movement type.

Edited by Othin

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Maybe for you, but I still have better green axe options these days. Why would I ever bother with her for anything but Anna quests when I have CYL Ike, or my megatank Freddy? Or my playerphase nuke Raven? I'd even say my Groom Marth and Bunny Alfonse are generally better options too.

She has actual Res, unlike all these.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Do you have better options for fighting Nowi?

Personally, I've found Titania, Camilla, and Sheena all to be quite effective in general, just as regular axe users for teams of their movement type.

No, and that's the problem I've been talking about! None of the units that can counter her are as useful elsewhere as other units.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

She has actual Res, unlike all these.

She's also shit against nearly everything else. And I run into Nowi pretty often.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

She's also shit against nearly everything else. And I run into Nowi pretty often.

She kills Nowi and lances, unless they are Lukas, I guess. What the fuck else does she need to not be shit against? Ayra?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

She kills Nowi and lances, unless they are Lukas, I guess. What the fuck else does she need to not be shit against? Ayra?

Of course not Ayra. >_> She doesn't kill as many lances or other units for me as other axe units do, that's all I can say.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Of course not Ayra. >_> She doesn't kill as many lances or other units for me as other axe units do, that's all I can say.

Not having access (axe-ss?) to merges hurts her a lot here, I agree. But stat boosts almost compensate for that and make her not a dead weight on the team.

40 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, and that's the problem I've been talking about! None of the units that can counter her are as useful elsewhere as other units.

I just said they are useful elsewhere.

50 minutes ago, Othin said:

I just said they are useful elsewhere.

But they haven't been for me when I have better all-around options, like I've kept saying.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But they haven't been for me when I have better all-around options, like I've kept saying.

You can't only focus on "all-around". If you have a narrower role that needs to be filled, you need to use a unit capable of filling it.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

You can't only focus on "all-around". If you have a narrower role that needs to be filled, you need to use a unit capable of filling it.

Well yeah, that's why I don't always use an axe unit if I need a green. Sometimes I need a green mage too. Or a fast green, since most axe units are rather slow.

Titania is an amazing unit that I rely on all the time and I find her to be the best Axe Cavalier, and I have experience with every single one of them. That Res really helps her, she is very fast, her defense is not THAT great but serviceable and her Atk is 'fixed'  by having Emerald Axe which allows her to counter most if not all blue units in the game. If she sucks for you it's either because she has bad IV's, or you're using her wrong.

13 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Titania is an amazing unit that I rely on all the time and I find her to be the best Axe Cavalier, and I have experience with every single one of them. That Res really helps her, she is very fast, her defense is not THAT great but serviceable and her Atk is 'fixed'  by having Emerald Axe which allows her to counter most if not all blue units in the game. If she sucks for you it's either because she has bad IV's, or you're using her wrong.

I disagree, Titania is alright, but Frederick is the best axe cav to me because he can get so many kills through his ability to tank near any physical unit in the game when you build him up that way. And he may not be able to take many hits from mages, but he can one-shot a lot of them with the right set-up as well. Also, you can't say no to massive Ignis damage. lol

I use a +Atk Titania and she's 5 star and built up. And I've used Rezzy's Titania in a lot of gauntlets because she tends to join the same teams as me. I know how to use her.

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree, Titania is alright, but Frederick is the best axe cav to me because he can get so many kills through his ability to tank near any physical unit in the game when you build him up that way. And he may not be able to take many hits from mages, but he can one-shot a lot of them with the right set-up as well. Also, you can't say no to massive Ignis damage. lol

I use a +Atk Titania and she's 5 star and built up. And I've used Rezzy's Titania in a lot of gauntlets because she tends to join the same teams as me. I know how to use her.

Yeah Frederick is definitly the next best thing. I wonder how Gunter would have measured up to them if he didn't get that idiotic BST penalty.

10 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Yeah Frederick is definitly the next best thing. I wonder how Gunter would have measured up to them if he didn't get that idiotic BST penalty.

Yeah, I dunno. But right now I still think Frederick is the best. I hope he eventually gets his Armored Axe from Warriors as a refine option though.

Edited by Anacybele

For Anna just slap on TA, Glimmer, axebreaker/g-tomebreaker and a ploy seal for Anna (either atk or def). For the C-slot I guess a drive or hone. If you're lacking TA and need someone to tank a blue mage like Reinhardt in your team then you can try running deflect magic seal. Distant defense seal is a viable option if you're running g tomebreaker

TA and Glimmer will secure wins against blues, possibly kill greens with Glimmer and axebreaker. Axebreaker increases survivability against axe users and allows for her to do more damage. Green tomebreaker if you don't have a measure against fast green mages and need someone to wreck them in the player phase or tank in the enemy phase.

Edited by silveraura25

9 hours ago, Korath88 said:

As for what bows need, maybe a blade-bow? Or a bow with built in CC (a terrible idea tbh)

Well it'd make the Short Bow worth a darn for once as opposed to a crappier more expensive Iron. Give Sue stats as pretty as she is and you have yourself something that might be worth a pull. Sin, Rath or Dayan can take a Firesweep to simulate the Longbow.

Or we could get RD's Crossbows (look quite weird though without their own special animation). I'd like to see the Arbalest on someone, but I can't think of anyone who'd want it, everyone who can use Crossbows has something they'd prefer, Shinon the Silencer, Rolf can have the Double Bow or Rolf's Bow, Leonardo the Lughnasadh, Nolan the Tarvos (which should be turned into one of those centaurs in SS who share a name with it). Boyd doesn't have a special weapon associated with him, so he could get one, but I'd rather another Axe addition over a Crossbow.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

@Anacybele looks like you need to learn how to build units for versatility. I fell into the same trap you did, by building based on how much raw power a unit has, and following build sites to the letter. This resulted in a shortage of resources, and units that struggled, despite them being high tier or optimal. The true secret to getting gud, isnt brute force characters/teams. Its building teams that are right for your playstyle and to deal with obstacles. Building specialized counters (even on units you built for other stuff, cuz guys doing more than one thing is cool) is a really good idea. Experimenting with builds is fun too. Titania and Anna can be good for you if you try out builds that could work for countering doods like Nowi. Sometimes simple and cheap builds are super effective. I know it can be tough to let loose on a 5* unit, but giving a great skill to a favorite unit can often make a huge difference. 

Once i started getting weird with my builds, i noticed how much better at the game i was getting. Remember, its about fun, first and foremost.