Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Um Nowi is easy to counter by countless units.  Don't attack her, let her attack you and use pretty much any decent green.  I've never understood this dragon hate, they are so easy to destroy.  They are so so limited in their builds.  Other than the occasional player phase F Corrin, Bold fighter M Grima, player phase F Grima they are mostly all limited to pure enemy phase builds.  So you simply use the weapon triangle and let them attack you, and they go down easy.

Armors on the other hand (M Grima is also one of these) are much more difficult.  Firstly they stack ward buffs, secondly they have incredible ranged attackers.  Bold Fighter Brave Bow Jakob is way more tough to deal with than any dragon, they have dual phase units like Warding breath bold fighter Hardin, Zelgius.  They have mages as well with crazy defenses and who run Close counter incredibly well.  

Dragon emblem is by far the most limited of the emblem squads.  Don't forget everyone of them has a double weakness.  Besides weak to effective dragon weapon, they are weak to infantry, flier or armor effective weaponry as well.  They have no way to counter dragon weakness unlike all the other emblem teams.  They are the only emblem team without ranged attackers as well.  

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Why wouldn't people use Deirdre in the arena? Shit, i thought the game was about having fun, not being the best, whatever that means. 

Honestly, my Julius can really make Nowi's day miserable. Lewyn is right, armors are becoming more of a challenge. Fighter skills make thwomps a pain in the ass. 

i still lean on Titanias axe having Draconic Aura effect.

I don’t get why Dragons are considered scary. Any Fjorm of mine counter kills Tiki’s ands Nowi’s, and Fae’s are also easily killed Myrrh is a challenge, but can be worked around. And Ninian isn’t scary. I outstalled one once with a Sigurd.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Are we getting a updated sprite, or RD Nephenee?

I'm going to second updated sprite, since it looks like they just touched her sprite up to match her art a bit more, which I'll put below for reference.

Spoiler

D9gZYxm.png

I think certain dragon builds are incredibly annoying to deal with, especially when there are defensive tiles involved. Usually, my Merric and Raven have no trouble with them. Adult Tiki can be problematic, but I can chip away at her health with Lucius so someone else can oneshot her. But depending on team set-up and whatnot, dragons can be super annoying. A Tactics team with a speedy Nowi has given me trouble before. 

Other than Julia and Deirdre who just tear through dragons (and just about anything blue and magical for that fact--seriously, they're great units), Raven's fast and strong enough to take out blue dragons and even some green dragons. I have a 4*+10 Arthur who does just fine baiting blue dragons, even taking them out with the right support. Titania does a good job. I think even Brave Axe Cherche and Gerome can do it too since they hit HARD, but they might need some support depending on the dragon builds. Even healers are great for taking out dragons. You can just run Pain+ with the Dazzling Refinement, chip away a little bit of health or a lot if you're running Wrathful Staff too, and let someone else finish the job. A more expensive option would be to promote some Sorens and put Watersweep on more folks.

You don't HAVE to have an effective weapon to counter a unit even though it does help. XD Tobin has become one of my absolute favorite units to use in Arena Assault for that reason.

For a brief moment I thought the possibility of Legendary Nephenee. Oh dear if that ended happening!  People are predicting a Blue for the next, but resorting to a non-OC non-main character would finish the devolution of LHs to purely another form of pandering to popularity.

Well Nephenee did canonically alone with just Brom and Heather put a bunch of upstart youths in their place in the loathed RD 2-1, she does have a kernel of prowess to her.

How much notice do we usually get before the patches launch?  I'd imagine they won't update in the middle of the Gauntlet, so we'll either get the new patch pretty soon, or have to wait a week.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

How much notice do we usually get before the patches launch?  I'd imagine they won't update in the middle of the Gauntlet, so we'll either get the new patch pretty soon, or have to wait a week.

Maintenance is scheduled for the 8th so probably after that

Well, I just realized that Titania getting a new weapon means I have a valid excuse to procrastinate on working on her build.

Actually, same with Nephenee, too.

Being lazy pays off.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Like who? The only ones I know of are Deirdre and Julia. Falchions are the wrong color.

If you have Emerald Axes or Triangle Adept to spare (gogo 3* Arthur), the following units can handle Nowi quite well at 4* due to their high Res:

• Titania - she's practically ready to go right out of the box, though you might want to toss a spare Iceberg or Glacies on her for good measure. Pairs extremely well with 4* Ruby Sword Eliwood since he has Ward Cavalry and does well against the green dragons.
  • Hawkeye - may want a different special, and his crap Spd means he'll really want a B skill if you want him to kill before getting hit by a special
  • Camilla - contrary to her normal skillset, you won't want to play aggressively with her, and instead just let those dragons come to you. As a flier, she's extremely handy for those awful lava maps
  • Sheena - bulky enough that she can take on both dragons and lances without a problem. Definitely give her Pivot. Shame none of the easily acquired red armors have good Res, though. Gwendolyn makes for an excellent partner if you need a blue at least.
  • Fae - gotta use that TA, though she's got good enough Res. If you don't care about Kana (M), you could even give her Water Breath (regular) and Fortify Dragons, but that's not necessary at all.
  • Anna - least ideal option as a 4*, but giving her TA3 as a 5* is very useful for AA or chain challenge.

Except for Anna, it's easy enough to merge these units up a bit if you don't have any need for these units as fodder or whatever. A little investment is recommended (assist skills like Reposition, B skills like QR or Guard are nice to have), and for the most part, +Atk is a good idea for most of them since they'd probably be using a weak weapon. The same strategy applies quite well to green dragons using Fir, Eliwood, Lloyd, and Selena. Hopefully I'm not forgetting any units.

I just noticed Gamepedia updated their tier list for the summer banner and Hector, and... well, that's interesting indeed. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Quick summary:

• Hector is, as usual, broke as fuck.
  • Player-phase bows and daggers have dropped significantly because armors and dragons are too bulky.
  • Mixed-bulk enemy-phase ranged units have risen because dragons have shit for player-phase performance.
  • Reinhardt is tiered below Ninian.
  • Odin is no longer in Odin Tier.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I just noticed Gamepedia updated their tier list for the summer banner and Hector, and... well, that's interesting indeed. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Quick summary:

• Hector is, as usual, broke as fuck.
  • Player-phase bows and daggers have dropped significantly because armors and dragons are too bulky.
  • Mixed-bulk enemy-phase ranged units have risen because dragons have shit for player-phase performance.
  • Reinhardt is tiered below Ninian.
  • Odin is no longer in Odin Tier.

I wonder what archers would need now. Shining bow? I wish they'd do something similar to what they did with "The Cleaner" and make something new for a weapon type that other weapon types don't have. And damn, archers are really in a rough spot if there are gaps in tiers

I’ve been pity-broken 7 times now trying to snipe for S!Innes. If the next five-star isn’t him, I think I’m gonna go insane

Also, speaking of my pity breakers, is -Atk +Def Julia usable at all lmao I’ve been wanting her for a while now but the IVs were kind of disheartening

I’ve been pity-broken 7 times now trying to snipe for S!Innes. If the next five-star isn’t him, I think I’m gonna go insane

Also, speaking of my pity breakers, is -Atk +Def Julia usable at all lmao I’ve been wanting her for a while now but the IVs were kind of disheartening

8 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I wonder what archers would need now. Shining bow? I wish they'd do something similar to what they did with "The Cleaner" and make something new for a weapon type that other weapon types don't have. And damn, archers are really in a rough spot if there are gaps in tiers

Jakob's only really there because of bold fighter.

As for what bows need, maybe a blade-bow? Or a bow with built in CC (a terrible idea tbh)

4 minutes ago, Khid said:

Pigeonholes her into a QR build just like her mum pretty much, decent AA counter.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

@mampfoid I decided to turn to the Dark Side:
unknown.png

I found this video extremely helpful. Feathers are good. I like feathers.

Welcome *insertunholylaughterhere*! 

Also check this topic for further strategies: 

Some maps (Zephiel, Xander, Lloyd, Michalis) are also good to grind SP in the same run, because the helpers of BK and Ike are interchangeable. 

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, I just realized that Titania getting a new weapon means I have a valid excuse to procrastinate on working on her build.

I got a 5* +Spd/-Def one way back on Hector's last banner, and a Hector from Nino's banner. I haven't re-added Titania-with-DC to my box yet, but this could me an excuse to go and do that.

I hear Myrrh is popular with DC, but I'm honestly leaning towards Titania.

5 hours ago, Johann said:
  • Fae - gotta use that TA, though she's got good enough Res. If you don't care about Kana (M), you could even give her Water Breath (regular) and Fortify Dragons, but that's not necessary at all.

...My Fae murders Nowis without TA, but Steady Breath instead.