Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I'm not saying I expect CYL to exclude Heroes characters, nor do I think it'd be fair to those who wanted to vote them. I'm just saying that it is my own personal selfish wish that Heroes OCs wouldn't get CYL spots over non-Heroes characters.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm not saying I expect CYL to exclude Heroes characters, nor do I think it'd be fair to those who wanted to vote them. I'm just saying that it is my own personal selfish wish that Heroes OCs wouldn't get CYL spots over non-Heroes characters.

I think they should release OCs faster as regular units or GHB/TT units to make them playable at all. Perhaps Veronica wouldn't have scored so high in CYL2 if she was playable in her own game. 

It shouldn't cost IS much effort, since existing OCs are already implemented in Heroes.

It seems like Veronica and Leif got some votes just to force them to be units, but even then, the voters had to like them to some degree.

I gave Veronica a vote when I knew she stood a chance, she’s among my favorite characters in the series.

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I think they should release OCs faster as regular units or GHB/TT units to make them playable at all. Perhaps Veronica wouldn't have scored so high in CYL2 if she was playable in her own game. 

It shouldn't cost IS much effort, since existing OCs are already implemented in Heroes.

To be absolutely fair, most villains aren't playable in their own game either.

EDIT: I don't know what the excuse with Bruno is, though.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

I expect that some of you would be fuming if CYL!Ephraim gets Garm and an armor based on Duessel’s armor. 

Don't worry, I'm already expecting this. It's what you don't see coming that stings more. 

Admittedly though, Knoll implies the reason that the Sacred Twins of Grado, despite being in the enemy's capital after the Sacred Stone they accompanied was destroyed and thus easily disposed of themselves, is because Lyon's good side intentionally wanted Ephraim to take them.

Knoll, being a personal aide to Lyon who saw him the very moment after Lyon became a pawn to Formortiis, and Duessel, the Obsidian (befitting the "Black Axe") are both native Gradoans able to use their Sacred Twins. Joshua got Audhulma, Eirika and Ephraim have Renais's, Tana and Innes have Frelia's, L'Arachel got Ivaldi and could certainly get a Latona alt. It'd just be thematically appropriate for Duessel and Knoll, since Grado lacks playable royals, to get these weapons. Not to make any accusation of robbing here, even if I did beforehand when the iron was hot.

Of course, this leaves open who will get Jehanna's Excalibur ("Sacred Excalibur), the one last Sacred Twin. I'd say Saleh, since he is associated with the Jehannan Gerik's Mercenaries. Although Ewan is native to Jehanna. Eh, the Trainees shouldn't get Sacred Twins to me.

49 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

The west seems to prefer SD Marth while Japan prefers New Mystery Marth.

One simple reason for this- the West hasn't gotten any non-Smash Marth but SD Marth. Which is pretty bad for Archanea, lacking that second, seemingly better to me, half of the duology hurts. Nor does the West have FE3 Marth, the game which, maybe this is an apt metaphor, is the Link to the Past (or as Japan calls it: Triforce of the Gods) of FE. While not necessarily the best of games, it did set the franchise's direction in stone for the future to come on the SNES after a black sheep NES sequel (Gaiden/AoL), and did so with enough quality that it has aged relatively well.

1 hour ago, Jakkun said:

I wouldn't mind Conquerer Alm with a Blue Bow as this month's Legendary Hero. However, I don't know what Bow he would use; Parthia belongs to Jeorge and Luna probably wont ever be in Heroes as a weapon. I just don't want them BS'ing a weapon out of nowhere, so I'd prefer he'd be a Swordie.

I don't see the problem with the Luna. It is unique to SoV, so it'd be perfect for an SoV bow user. Name confusion could easily be corrected with a quick change to "Lunar Shot" or "Lunar Flash" or something like these. The effect would have to be changed since hitting is a nonissue in FEH, but a lot of weapons undergo this kind of conversion/invention in FEH, so it'd be a problem the game has been used to since Killers.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

To be absolutely fair, most villains aren't playable in their own game either.

EDIT: I don't know what the excuse with Bruno is, though.

Yeah, but Heroes is the game that makes villains from other games playable. Why not Heroes own villains? 

Bruno is a good example: He vanished from the story in book two, it would have been a good occasion to give him a GHB. That shouldn't hinder IS from giving him a great reentrance in a future chapter/book. 

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, but Heroes is the game that makes villains from other games playable. Why not Heroes own villains? 

Bruno is a good example: He vanished from the story in book two, it would have been a good occasion to give him a GHB. That shouldn't hinder IS from giving him a great reentrance in a future chapter/book. 

Ah, but what if this coming GHB IS Bruno? If it is, and they bring him back in time for the end of Book 2/start of Book 3, and in time for Brave Veronica, it would be a nice touch.

I actually have a theory concerning Bruno. What if he’s actually working alongside Hrid (Nifl brother), in hopes of eventually rescuing his sister Veronica as well as trying to atone for his previous sins? I believe at the very least he’ll try to get Veronica out of Surtr’s clutches, but finding out he’s working alongside the Nifl army the entire time would be cool (no pun intended).

3 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I actually have a theory concerning Bruno. What if he’s actually working alongside Hrid (Nifl brother), in hopes of eventually rescuing his sister Veronica as well as trying to atone for his previous sins? I believe at the very least he’ll try to get Veronica out of Surtr’s clutches, but finding out he’s working alongside the Nifl army the entire time would be cool (no pun intended).

*gasp* And have the story ACTUALLY have a story?!

15 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I mean ... I'm not sure how to answer this without seeming mean or repetitive, but ...

Because the other games usually don't make their own villains playable?

Like, if we got a banner of villain characters sometime after their arc in the story ended and they've either completely switched sides or, if they're still active or not changed, are divorced entirely from the story I wouldn't mind. But otherwise, I guess they shouldn't be playable for the same reason other villains are generally not playable during the course of their own story?

5 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Bruno had an ice-themed tome before Nifl existed, right? Perhaps he's related the Nifl royal family?

14 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Ah, but what if this coming GHB IS Bruno? If it is, and they bring him back in time for the end of Book 2/start of Book 3, and in time for Brave Veronica, it would be a nice touch.

That would be nice. 

4 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

*gasp* And have the story ACTUALLY have a story?!

I would appreciate good story elements ... with a faster progress than only some snippets every new Heroes banner. 

/Edit: @Sunwoo Sounds logical, but then I don't know if Heroes should follow the patterns of the other games since it's a kind of FE "meta game". 

Edited by mampfoid

I’m thinking they’re saving Bruno as a book 3 villain, while both Surtr and Embla have bigger threats behind them, Surtr is more destructive. 

Now I’m wondering if they have the same puppet masters ...

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Bruno had an ice-themed tome before Nifl existed, right? Perhaps he's related the Nifl royal family?

Plot twist: Bruno is Hrid.

In all seriousness, Bruno's backstory is already convoluted, so I think (and really, really hope) that if he has any ties to Nifl, he's just a mercenary or the like. Nothing wold be more hair pulling than to find out he's somehow a prince of two entirely different kingdoms. 

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Plot twist: Bruno is Hrid.

In all seriousness, Bruno's backstory is already convoluted, so I think (and really, really hope) that if he has any ties to Nifl, he's just a mercenary or the like. Nothing wold be more hair pulling than to find out he's somehow a prince of two entirely different kingdoms. 

Did you forget the part where he trains a Machamp and waits for people to stroll into his big empty room in his free time?

1 hour ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I feel like they need to sort out that whole "demon blood" issue he and Veronica have. It would be pretty lame if he just found the cure offscreen and they dropped that plotline.

27 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Screenshot_2018-07-19-22-18-59.png

fuck it

How does the special proc do that much damage?

Edited by NekoKnight

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Oh shit Maribelle is going full ham on the Summoning pool. Dazzling Staff AND Staff Valor.

Which means there's zero chance of her getting demoted UGGGGGGGGH

On the bright side Libra looks like the obvious choice which'll be great for building axe users!

I'm curious whether her Weapon-Staff turns out good or not. You usually only see Triangle Adept on Raven Tome mages (and Lyon), so being able to throw it onto units not built for it will really help tip the scales-have her open up with attacking someone in the middle of the pack of enemies, facing no counter-attack thanks to Dazzling Staff, and then have your appropriate units wreak havoc on the foes using Weapon Triangle Advantages.