Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Walhart is coming which is exciting.  He didn't make much of an impact on me in Awakening, but he looks really cool here.  Plus as another thread said, axe cavalry is a very rare unit type and we haven't really gotten a great one.  Frederick and Groom Marth are usable and decent but it looks like Walhart is a monster.  

The update said we will get 15 team slots, which is very nice, I hate having to delete and replace teams constantly.  I also like the skill set thing, so with an easy click you can switch between sets.  

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I hate all alts.

You have my respect and admiration.  I do too, yet at the same time it looks like nothing is going to change.  I thought maybe the Genealogy banner may be a sign of a more hopeful future but that was quickly dispelled with the next new hero banner "Scattered Fangs".  I think lesser known female characters will still get in, if they are attractive, cause waifu.  Lesser known males I think have a much harder time.  Though I am a bit surprised by Libra, I don't remember if he was very popular, but I guess he stood out as one of those rare "Lucius" types.  

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

41 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

-There has been general hate towards some of these alts, but nothing close to what Lyn has gotten. The only explanation is bias.

To be honest, I don't care much for any of the characters with 3 or more alts. Be it because I just don't care much for them, like with Chrom or Takumi, or because I don't like something about them, both Camilla and Tharja feeling overly sexualized in Heroes compared to their original games (well, Tharja anyways), or just not having a solid opinion on them, still haven't finished Blazing Sword or Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn.

If I were to make a line representing my personal feeling towards alts, Lyn's alts would be less hated than Camilla's alts, most of which I downright hate, but wouldn't be anywhere my neutrality towards Chrom's alts. More something like "I dislike these alts existing, but I do not hold a grudge against the character themself." The only point I'm willing to give to Lyn alts is that none of them are really fan-servicy enough to warrant the hate I have towards Camillas, but aren't necessarily "cool" enough to my tastes.

...the above either means I don't like thighs, or I have become so used to FE thighs that I've become averse to them.

I guess it'd be safe to say I also don't like alts, but that's not true in the slightest, because there have been character alts I really like enough to focus on getting them, ToD!Nowi sticking out a lot in my mind.

...also Tactics team is possible with Lyn. Sword Lyn, Brave Lyn, LA!Lyn, and Legendary Lyn can trigger tactics on the each of them. L!Lyn in this scenario may as well just be a Green Tome with access to Firesweep, and the Tactics can all be stacked onto LA!Lyn for maximum power Blarblade. Only requirement be that the Lyns all be within 2 spaces of each other, but it's a far more generous area of effect than Hone/Fortify Fliers. Sword Lyn can also be replaced with Bride Lyn if Red effectiveness is weaker than Staff nuking.

Edited by Xenomata

47 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

A lot of responses to what I said so I'll answer it in one post.

-There were alts of same character released in a shorter amount of time.

-Colorless dragon was even more hyped than colored bows.  So who got to debut this exciting new weapon that was the talk of the fire emblem heroes for an entire month?  Was it Dheginsea?  Naga?  Duma?  Something actually new and exciting?  No, it was a boring alt of Grima, or Robin whatever you prefer.  Not to mention that Male grima was shortly before debuting as the first armor dragon (and still only) in the game.  So can't really get upset about Lyn debuting colored bows (which suck BTW, unlike colorless breath).

-Camilla can form an even better emblem team than Lyn.  All fliers, NY Camilla (Sword), Summer Camilla (Blue tome and she even comes with the super rare Hone Fliers), Camilla original (refined axe is crazy on flier teams), and Spring Camilla (Green tome).  So the nicely thought about color distribution isn't really an excuse either.

-There has been general hate towards some of these alts, but nothing close to what Lyn has gotten. The only explanation is bias.  

- As for people upset that this or that new character that they like isn't getting in, well then you should be hating all alts, like I do.  If you are upset that your personal favorite isn't getting as many alts as some other character, well maybe you should concern yourself with the many people whose favorite character isn't even in the game at all.  

1. I disliked female Grima being the first colorless dragon to the point where me complaining about it apparently led to me leaving one of my discord groups.

2. Camilla can form a functional team with herself, yes, but even so that's basically just her and Lyn. And Lyn even has a healer version of herself for people who really feel as if they need to play as one. Either way, it doesn't really change my point all that much.

3. I dislike alts. Even if they're characters I actually like, I dislike all alts. I also pick and choose my battles because some alts I may not like but aren't as worth getting worked over otherwise people just accuse you of being negative about everything.

4. My top two favorite characters aren't in the game at all.

So maybe you should stop shooting off your mouth like you've got everyone figured out because you're just making yourself look bad.

Edited by Sunwoo

12 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

The Terraces Arden has 99 HP.

Jesus christ.

Can, meet can opener:
Screenshot_20180729-140322.png

But holy fuck are the stats bloated. Micky doesn’t even one-shot him.

24 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

@Tybrosion  Red Mage AND Axe Armor.

Cervantes and Excellus are not forgotton.

The devs are good people.

Though the Cervantes stand-in proved annoying enough that I actually turned to Canas (who I gave TA3 and Axebreaker 3) to deal with him. Between this and dealing with Legion in the last Squad Assault, Monocle Man is legitimately proving his worth.

I wonder what A skill would be good for Walhart...

I was thinking Close Defense, since that plus Wolf Berg boost and a Fortify Cavalry boost would bring Walhart up to 55 Defense before any other skills are applied, but that's a bit of an investment that while I can take it up (thanks spare Sigurd!), makes me wonder if maybe there's a better A skill for him since I've mostly been envisioning Enemy Phase Walhart.

What also bugs me is that even if I go through with it, he will still need Quick Riposte 3, which my Brave Ike has a solid hold on for AA, so he needs to have the B skill version of QR3 (no I'm not gonna settle for QR2, I am a stubborn mule)

Walhart helped me get up to another 20k feathers. Another merge for Lukas. :3 Just need 62k more feathers to finish him up now. I also ended up with 27 orbs. Decided I wanted to try a YOLO summon for Olivia or another Eirika or Soleil. When I was down to four orbs, I decided to pull a green just in case there was another Libra in there. 

Hector. 

Uhhhh...okay. XD Now I have two spare Hectors. And no idea who I'm gonna' give DC to... At least they're nice to have? 

54 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If you like alts, that's fine.  If you don't like alts, that's fine, too.  But don't be an intolerant ass about it.

I think releasing Alts with only two new units around them feels a bit lame (after all we're far to get to the point where all the males that left are Dolph-like people)... but I like the possibilities with Alts, because of new dialogue and some interesting ideas gameplay-wise. 

Personally, I only hate redundant alts. So Chrom, Camilla, Takumi, Lyn, Tharja, and Hector are all issues in my book, but I'm not too bothered by ones like Lucina, Azura, and Robin.

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I wonder what A skill would be good for Walhart...

My sole Ares is booked to give him Brazen ATK/DEF. 

/Edit: Woops, Galeforce. 

Edited by mampfoid

23 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

My sole Ares is booked to give him Brazen ATK/DEF. 

That's actually not a bad idea... hurts his Res compared to Close Def, but then why care about such meager details when the enemy is dead anyways...?

7 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Frederick and Groom Marth are usable and decent but it looks like Walhart is a monster.  

And Bunny Alfonse. He's good too. He has SPEED. lol

I'm going to skip Walhart. I don't care for him and my Frederick does pretty much anything he can.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And Bunny Alfonse. He's good too. He has SPEED. lol

I'm going to skip Walhart. I don't care for him and my Frederick does pretty much anything he can.

Ironically, My own Bun-fonse has a +Def nature...

Too late for me to regret promoting Walhart. Dude not only took Smite, Death Blow, QR2 (only because I got Smite and DB2 from Effie, went to get DB3, and decided to just take QR3), Bonfire, and Atk Smoke, but also 22k feathers. Turns out Infernal Walhart had the right idea with Atk Smoke, cause the enemy really can't do much physical damage to him otherwise.

Yeah Walhart doesn't have much over Freddy. He has what? 2 more attack, speed, and res at the cost of 2 hp? I mean 2 hp for 2 attack is a decent trade, but Freddy can be +10'd so he will still be ahead. And Wolf Berg just doesn't strike me as strong enough to warrant use over Freddy as my dominate axe cav. Chill Def though is cool.

1 minute ago, Usana said:

Yeah Walhart doesn't have much over Freddy. He has what? 2 more attack, speed, and res at the cost of 2 hp? I mean 2 hp for 2 attack is a decent trade, but Freddy can be +10'd so he will still be ahead. And Wolf Berg just doesn't strike me as strong enough to warrant use over Freddy as my dominate axe cav. Chill Def though is cool.

Yep, plus my Frederick can probably kill anything he can regardless with Ignis ready. lol Freddy's comes off of 64 Def on enemy phase and with a Fortify Cav buff. ;D

Damn, if anything Walhart does at least have a cool 5* Lv 40 convo. Kinda wonder just how much fear he really had to create to lead Valm against Ylisse...

Also, I don't disagree with allegations that Freddy has more potential as a defensive Axe Cav, but... my Freddy is currently an offensive +Atk -Spd Brave Axe wielder. And I've not much in the way of Slaying Axe fodder ATM.

So... really not much wiggle room here on my end. But at least Walhart looks cool.

i67KgrJ.png?1

(ignore Close Def in SS slot, I equip that to everyone I train).

Edited by Xenomata

I can't decide if I like Walhart's art or not. I like his normal art, I think, but his attacking art isn't as dynamic as I would like. His damaged art is okay, I guess. 

He's probably my next green promotion, although who I promote next depends on how many and what 5*s I get, since I like to train people up in teams.