Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Tried that. Doesn't work. The units I've tried using to take out the blue mage can't kill him either. IS overinflated these enemies' stats imo.

Have you tried using Fjorm with a Quick Riposte seal? Between Atk/Def Bond and Ice Mirror, she should be able to do it, and you can give her other bonuses as well if necessary.

If you use her for that, she'll need healing if you also want her to help tank the sword units, but that shouldn't be too hard to arrange.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Maybe I'm not one to talk, since I recently decided to use up all my blessings on the units I use most often, but the only wasted blessings are ones you overwrite. The only real time I wish I had a blessing on someone is when I realize I use them a lot more than I thought I did, and now I'm in a Blessing drought.

I won't egg you on if you don't want to use them though. Maybe your Blessing distribution values are just too different from mine for anything I could possibly say to work for you. Wouldn't surprise me, I haven't heard of anyone blowing up 50+ individual blessings yet...

Exactly, the ones you overwrite get wasted and we don't get blessings the way we do feathers or badges or anything.

I don't want to just throw them all away or throw away the ones I already used on units.

I've given each type of blessing to a lot of units already. If I don't have anyone that can kill the units on this map, then this map is the problem.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Exactly, the ones you overwrite get wasted and we don't get blessings the way we do feathers or badges or anything.

I don't want to just throw them all away or throw away the ones I already used on units.

I've given each type of blessing to a lot of units already. If I don't have anyone that can kill the units on this map, then this map is the problem.

You didn't answer the first time, so I'll ask again. What is the full list of Water units you have?

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

You didn't answer the first time, so I'll ask again. What is the full list of Water units you have?

Sorry, I never saw that question.

Fjorm, legendary Ryoma, male Robin, Lene, Raven, Bunny Sharena, regular Ryoma, Karla, Celica, Gerome, Myrrh, Deirdre, Count Henry, Bride Cordelia, Kaze, Bride Lyn.

Edited by Anacybele

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I meant I don't seem to have anything that can kill Arden since it appears that IS restricted that to only stupid Micaiah. 

Nah, I just killed him with Nino after he took 16 dmg from my Eirika. 

4 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Nah, I just killed him with Nino after he took 16 dmg from my Eirika. 

Except my Nino has an Earth blessing.

Anyway, I forgot my Deirdre has QR, and she was barely able to take out the blue mage while legendary Ryoma deleted axe horse, so I had a way to let Robin take care of the rest after all.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry, I never saw that question.

Fjorm, legendary Ryoma, male Robin, Lene, Raven, Bunny Sharena, regular Ryoma, Karla, Celica, Gerome, Myrrh, Deirdre, Count Henry, Bride Cordelia, Kaze, Bride Lyn.

So Fjorm and m!Robin are your only Water blues? I try to spread out my blessings more evenly than that. You may want to try to prioritize blues for your future Water blessings.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except my Nino has an Earth blessing.

Anyway, I forgot my Deirdre has QR, and she was barely able to take out the blue mage while Ryoma deleted axe horse, so I had a way to let Robin take care of the rest after all.

Congrats!

Remember, this happens a lot when you initially struggle with a map and think it's impossible: you find a way to do it eventually.

@AnacybeleI don't know if multiple Legendary Heroes can be fielded on the same map, but you could probably use Fjorm as a meat shield for M Robin. Between Atk/Def bond on Fjorm and Spur Defense on Robin, she shouldn't be taking much damage at all. If you have Renewal fodder, you could replace Shield Pulse with Renewal to act as a form of sustain, since Ice Mirror doesn't do anything against Melee enemies.

Edited by Xenomata

Huh, guess I was delaying doing the maps for no reason. Not that there's any rush since I'm in save mode - that plus my account is currently occupied with some HM farming.

Went back and checked the rules, shame we still have to field actual legendary heroes to get the bonuses - would be nice to just automatically get 5/2/3/4/4 stat bonuses regardless. :P

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

So Fjorm and m!Robin are your only Water blues? I try to spread out my blessings more evenly than that. You may want to try to prioritize blues for your future Water blessings.

Congrats!

Remember, this happens a lot when you initially struggle with a map and think it's impossible: you find a way to do it eventually.

Fjorm and Robin were able to handle all the maps so far, so I hadn't needed to give any other blues Water blessings. And a lot of my other blues now have other blessings anyway.

Thanks. And yeah, true, but when it's taking me so many tries, you can see why a map would feel impossible to me at first.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Fjorm and Robin were able to handle all the maps so far, so I hadn't needed to give any other blues Water blessings. And a lot of my other blues now have other blessings anyway.

Thanks. And yeah, true, but when it's taking me so many tries, you can see why a map would feel impossible to me at first.

Makes sense. If you're out of good un-blessed blues at the moment but have plenty of blues of other elements, I do recommend putting Water blessings on the next few good blues you get.

And yeah, I get that. But I do think next time you encounter a map like this, you might find it helpful to think back to all the times you eventually beat a really difficult map after struggling for a while. You do have a lot of good options, it just can take a while to find the right ones.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Makes sense. If you're out of good un-blessed blues at the moment but have plenty of blues of other elements, I do recommend putting Water blessings on the next few good blues you get.

And yeah, I get that. But I do think next time you encounter a map like this, you might find it helpful to think back to all the times you eventually beat a really difficult map after struggling for a while. You do have a lot of good options, it just can take a while to find the right ones.

Yeah, I do need more Water blues at some point, so I will probably do that.

True. a bunch of those infernal GHBs come to mind there. >.>

I was always wondering why I struggled with Water. I just realized I'm weak on Water blues too. Besides Fjorm, I've got Linde, Spring Catria, and 4+10 Lukas. I just assigned Winter Robin and Summer Cordelia to Water.

Spring Catria needed TA3, a hone (from Olivia), and then Legendary Ryoma's effect to finish Arden in one round. Hector (original, Omnibreaker build) baited the blue guy out. And no wonder, I thought Ryoma provided Attack instead of Defense. Silly me.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

It's moments like these where I don't regret making a designated water blessed flier team

Granted, this time it was more Fliers + Marth (the other two fliers being Kinshinoka and Tana), but the job gets done, and we'll done, it was

I still hoard my blessings, so one water hero one water team. Ayra, Fjorm, Julia, and PA Olivia. They were able to handle this fairly easily, toughest was Sigurd. 

Problem is this team has not been able to clear lunatic Valter so that one GHB quest is still waiting. 

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And Bunny Alfonse. He's good too. He has SPEED. lol

I'm going to skip Walhart. I don't care for him and my Frederick does pretty much anything he can.

I don't have Spring Alfonse but he has a nice balanced stat spread meaning he can be built in many different ways.  

I think Wolfberg gives Walhart some very impressive player phase potential, cause the +4 to all stats weapon effect is huge, and he has just enough speed that with investing in the right skills you can get him able to double most of the cast.  Due to the +4 stats, he will still hit like a truck and have crazy defense tankiness.  I think going enemy phase is a waste, cause then yeah he is just a worse Freddy (since Freddy can have merges, IVs, and Wolfberg doesn't have enemy phase synergy).   I don't think you should skip the battle though, you should get all the Walharts, cause Chill defense is very rare and a superb skill.  So even if you don't want to build Walhart, he is an incredible fodder unit.  

Screenshot_20180730-031645.jpg

aka “Colour Balance? What’s That?”

I for some reason kept pulling blue on Micaiah’s banner and got an Atk/Def Tailtiu. Would’ve preferred +Spd, but hey, a non-Atk-bane Tailtiu! I’ll take two!

Screenshot_20180730-031534.png

…I’m still out of Shannas, you see.

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

What walking sound? Is it in the map or in the combat animation? 

In combat and scenes like the support animations when they jump around, and presumably when the unit visits another castle.

16 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Does anyone know why YouTube keeps deleting my video? It's my first yt try and it's even without music/sound, just a clear of the Leo & Elise map with Oliver killing everyone

Did you ever get a notification via email or message from Youtube explaining why? I feel like they wouldn't just delete your video for no reason but who knows. This is also just me speculating but it might also be the case that their system is marking your video as spam if you're uploading it multiple times in a short time frame. I remember one of my videos wasn't viewable despite being uploaded and I kept trying to upload it again and it never went through. Thankfully deleting it and trying later worked out.  

I kind of had fun with that new Water map. 99 HP Arden is absolutely hilarious. He's not particularly threatening but still a huge pain to deal with. I went in with Nino, Jaffar, Fjorm, and Ayra as my water team. Jaffar did 0 damage, but he could safely chip away everyone's help. Fjorm just needed to tank Sigurd once to corner him. Ayra was demoted to Reposition duty. I'm kind of glad you can't build a super-merged Arden. I feel like he could be a huge pain to deal with in the Arena, especially on map rotations with tons of defensive tiles. 

I have +atk Olwen on my water blessing team (and four dancers), so this map really wasn't difficult for me. Olwen just killed everything red.

29 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So, wait, Flashing Blade can't be equipped by Fliers and Cavalry, but Heavy Blade can?  Why?

Flashing Blade was made during the age of knee-jerk reactions over fliers and cavalry still being broken.