Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

12 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Also, I don't disagree with allegations that Freddy has more potential as a defensive Axe Cav, but... my Freddy is currently an offensive +Atk -Spd Brave Axe wielder. And I've not much in the way of Slaying Axe fodder ATM.

Yeah, offensive Brave Axe Freddy works good too, but I'm just gonna point out that you only need a unit with Killer Axe to get Slaying Axe since Killer Axe can be refined to Slaying Axe. Costs more SP, but it's easier to do than pulling an Amelia or something.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, offensive Brave Axe Freddy works good too, but I'm just gonna point out that you only need a unit with Killer Axe to get Slaying Axe since Killer Axe can be refined to Slaying Axe. Costs more SP, but it's easier to do than pulling an Amelia or something.

I'm aware, but as things are now I'm really not in any position to try and build Freddy to be defensive.

Plus I'd probably make him an Armor killer before a defensive murderer, or at least I will if Bartre keeps being elusive... of course the damn guy has to stop showing up for me at all once I finally start wanting him...

Just now, Xenomata said:

I'm aware, but as things are now I'm really not in any position to try and build Freddy to be defensive.

Plus I'd probably make him an Armor killer before a defensive murderer, or at least I will if Bartre keeps being elusive... of course the damn guy has to stop showing up for me at all once I finally start wanting him...

Yeah, that's all fair, I was just pointing it out in case you didn't know.

16 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I can't decide if I like Walhart's art or not. I like his normal art, I think, but his attacking art isn't as dynamic as I would like. 

His attacking Art looks strangely anti-dynamic, I can't think of a less dynamic attack. 

Looks like IS messed up on this new Water map. 99HP Arden? Seriously? What can actually kill that in one round without getting killed by him and Sigurd first? Not even a blue mage with T-Adept and Swordbreaker can do it. This is the most ridiculous bullshit ever imo.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Looks like IS messed up on this new Water map. 99HP Arden? Seriously? What can actually kill that in one round without getting killed by him and Sigurd first?

Micaiah. She doubles him unbuffed for 75 damage per strike.

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Micaiah. She doubles him unbuffed for 75 damage per strike.

And then would die to Sigurd after that since her Def is shit and his skillset reduces the magic damage he takes by a lot.

I don't have her and would never use her if I did anyway. I don't like her and all she would be to me is Distant Def fodder.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Looks like IS messed up on this new Water map. 99HP Arden? Seriously? What can actually kill that in one round without getting killed by him and Sigurd first? Not even a blue mage with T-Adept and Swordbreaker can do it. This is the most ridiculous bullshit ever imo.

This looks like a job for Micaiah and at least two dancers!

...at the very least, my own Micaiah was able to murder Arden in the 2 hits she got, but not quite make the kill for Sigurd even with an Iceberg trigger. If I had brought along another Dancer, I'd have made the kill, but I needed the two slots to take care of the other two units. Fortunately, she actually barely managed to survive Sigurd thanks to Swordbreaker.

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

This looks like a job for Micaiah and at least two dancers!

...at the very least, my own Micaiah was able to murder Arden in the 2 hits she got, but not quite make the kill for Sigurd even with an Iceberg trigger. If I had brought along another Dancer, I'd have made the kill, but I needed the two slots to take care of the other two units. Fortunately, she actually barely managed to survive Sigurd thanks to Swordbreaker.

Did you not see the post I just made?

Not everyone has her or wants to use her. I just said I don't have her and I don't want to be forced to use a hated character. This should be doable with more than just a single 5-star exclusive character.

Edited by Anacybele

I’ll be promoting at least one copy of Walhart. I only have one horse calvary being Groom Marth, and the current axe cavaliers in the pool don’t interest me much. Wolf Berg is also a very neat weapon and I can’t say no to defensive axes. Plus his art is pretty nice. 

I’m not one who tends to bitch and moan about alts. At worst I tend to be apathetic. In my opinion, I think what would make alts more palatable or at least more tolerable would be to grant alts to those who are popular/semi-popular but are powercrept (Lon’qu, Shanna, Jaffar) or even dead on arrival (Seliph, Mist, Owain/Odin), and simultaneously giving them a new role to fill. The problem is aside from the Grimas and ironically Eirika (I’m not including seasonals because they’re a different story), all of this years alts are 1) characters who were already great or at least better than average 2) the unit has the same role or at least a similar one in a different class. Chrom, Ryoma, Nino, Olivia, and Ephraim have a different class but the same weapon type. Reinhardt and Hinoka have different weapons but the same class. Olwen only has a different color. Lyn is sort of in a weird spot because her vanilla version is quite different aside from the movement but her CYL isn’t aside from the color and class, but I’ll have her join the sinners anyway. Ike and Hector are just... better Ike and Hector lol. Of course, there will always be people who hate alts in any format (I won’t name names), and that can’t be helped. Still, I think a compromise is possible, it’s just IS likely won’t go that way.

Did you not see the post I just made?

I did, but I swear my Micaiah, who is -Def by the way, was able to take a hit from Sigurd. She had a Defense boost from PA!Azura's Urðr, but she still survived with only 5 HP, so she didn't even need the +3 defense boost. That was the literal only boost to defense she had.

I swear I'm not lying. I literally just checked.

Edited by Xenomata

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Damn, if anything Walhart does at least have a cool 5* Lv 40 convo. Kinda wonder just how much fear he really had to create to lead Valm against Ylisse...

For reminding us to eat our vegetables, he a good guy XD

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

I did, but I swear my Micaiah, who is -Def by the way, was able to take a hit from Sigurd. She had a Defense boost from PA!Azura's Urðr, but she still survived with only 5 HP, so she didn't even need the +3 defense boost.

I swear I'm not lying. I literally just checked.

And I'm supposed to care why? It doesn't help me since like I said, I don't fucking have her.

And then would die to Sigurd after that since her Def is shit and his skillset reduces the magic damage he takes by a lot.

I don't have her and would never use her if I did anyway. I don't like her and all she would be to me is Distant Def fodder.

Well I didn't let her be hit by Sigurd. But looks like my strategy is irrelevant to you anyway. Anyway, I suggest some blue bladetome shenanigans and bulky guys that can take at least a round from Sigurd.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why kill him in one round? He's the least mobile enemy, so you can kill the others first and then stick a tanky blue unit in his face to slowly whittle him down.

Personally, I thought it was a pretty neat little quirk, but it sure didn't save him from my Christmas Robin.

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

Well I didn't let her be hit by Sigurd. But looks like my strategy is irrelevant to you anyway. Anyway, I suggest some blue bladetome shenanigans and bulky guys that can take at least a round from Sigurd.

I don't have those either. No Blarblade users and the only guys I have that would take hits from Sigurd all have blessings other than Water.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Why kill him in one round? He's the least mobile enemy, so you can kill the others first and then stick a tanky blue unit in his face to slowly whittle him down.

Personally, I thought it was a pretty neat little quirk, but it sure didn't save him from my Christmas Robin.

Because I can't seem to take Sigurd out in one round either, or at least before he can try taking someone out on enemy phase.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And I'm supposed to care why? It doesn't help me since like I said, I don't fucking have her.

Oh that's what you meant. I thought you were talking about the surviving Sigurd's attack. Sorry.

Well, if you have any bulkier Lance or Blue Manakete units, slapping Swordbreaker on them should be enough to wittle Sigurd down while not taking any damage from Arden. For the most part, the trees those two are surrounded by hurt Sigurd's AI targeting abilities, and Arden will die to any Blue magic anyways, even if he has 99 HP. So long as you can get the units you take along to clear out the BT Mage and Axe Cav out of the way of Sigurd's range beforehand, he is more or less locked behind the treeline, unable to leave because there is an enemy unit within his range.

(If you wanna be REALLY mean, take Obstruct and position the bulky lance one spot below the spot you'd be blocking Sigurd from anyways. His mobility range is now even smaller, and he's still doing shit for damage because bulky lance)

To be honest, I don't see a reason to save Blessings at this point. Even if the boosts are small, you still get bonus points for using them in Arena/Arena Assault, plus that'll be all the more units you have available to you in the Blessed Gardens and whatever that new Blessings mode is. So if you have anyone who fits the bill, just give them a Water Blessing and go for it.

Edited by Xenomata

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have those either. No Blarblade users and the only guys I have that would take hits from Sigurd all have blessings other than Water.

Because I can't seem to take Sigurd out in one round either, or at least before he can try taking someone out on enemy phase.

Sigurd is a pain, but you don't have to one-round him either. I ended up using the forests to block his movement to keep my non-blue units safe from him.

What Water blessed units do you have?

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Oh that's what you meant. I thought you were talking about the surviving Sigurd's attack. Sorry.

Well, if you have any bulkier Lance or Blue Manakete units, slapping Swordbreaker on them should be enough to wittle Sigurd down while not taking any damage from Arden. For the most part, the trees those two are surrounded by hurt Sigurd's AI targeting abilities, and Arden will die to any Blue magic anyways, even if he has 99 HP.

To be honest, I don't see a reason to save Blessings at this point. Even if the boosts are small, you still get bonus points for using them in Arena/Arena Assault, plus that'll be all the more units you have available to you in the Blessed Gardens. So if you have anyone who fits the bill, just give them a Water Blessing and go for it.

Yeah, I meant I don't seem to have anything that can kill Arden since it appears that IS restricted that to only stupid Micaiah. My only Water blue mage is male Robin with T-Adept and Swordbreaker and he still leaves Arden with a ton of HP. Unfair, if you ask me, Robin should be making short work of him. My other blue mages have other blessings.

I don't see a reason to just waste blessings either.

5 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

If you wait until it's water season you can get some bonus stats on top which can help too.

Season doesn't matter. In Blessed Gardens, it's treated as always being the season.

@Anacybele try killing the mage and the axe cav on the first enemy phase so you won't have to worry about them. They each have a spot only they can reach, so you can use those to bait them, although you'll need a flier to bait the axe cav. Once those two are out of the way, your blue tank can safely block everything.

Edited by Othin

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

@Anacybeletry killing the mage and the axe cav on the first enemy phase so you won't have to worry about them. They each have a spot only they can reach, so you can use those to bait them, although you'll need a flier to bait the axe cav. Once those two are out of the way, your blue tank can safely block everything.

Tried that. Doesn't work. The units I've tried using to take out the blue mage can't kill him either. IS overinflated these enemies' stats imo.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't see a reason to just waste blessings either.

Maybe I'm not one to talk, since I recently decided to use up all my blessings on the units I use most often (that's about 60 or so blessings distributed to 170+ 5* units, only some of which held blessings beforehand), but the only wasted blessings are ones you overwrite. The only real time I wish I had a blessing on someone is when I realize I use them a lot more than I thought I did, and now I'm in a Blessing drought.

I won't egg you on if you don't want to use them though. Maybe your Blessing distribution values are just too different from mine for anything I could possibly say to work for you. That's fine. Wouldn't surprise me either, I haven't heard of anyone blowing up 50+ individual blessings yet...

@mampfoid I heard it in his battle animations myself. I'm not even sure the map animations have walking sounds...

Edited by Xenomata