Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Well thank you for calling Leif and Seliph girls. I mean, Genealogy characters did have quite exaggerated hairstyles but assuming genders by those…

I forgot what I was talking about for a moment, so I just thought about sword cavaliers instead. That said, Seliph would make for a beautiful woman with his long, luscious hair. :p

I think this happened before with the injured art topic where I put Quan under the females section. And I will say it again, Quan is quite pretty.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Welp, better hope for a sword cavalier lady as our next ally in book 3. I'd prefer it if she was around Titania's age or older. A badass older lady would be pretty awesome as an ally.

Let us never forget that after all these years, the only lady playable past her biological 30s, is Niime. No one else. Not even Juno or Titania.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

I think this happened before with the injured art topic where I put Quan under the females section. And I will say it again, Quan is quite pretty.

As someone else pointed out, he is also somewhat Asian looking in official artwork, despite being Northern Irish in terms of country name.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I forgot what I was talking about for a moment, so I just thought about sword cavaliers instead. That said, Seliph would make for a beautiful woman with his long, luscious hair. :p

Only if he then gets shipped with pink-haired Leif. Seriously, why no pink for him or Inigo IS? Pinkhead males in FE are pretty bad, Makalov the drunk gambler, Roshea the effeminate, Mathis the pathetic, Roger the forgettable. Give us a model male paragon of hair pink IS!

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Let us never forget that after all these years, the only lady playable past her biological 30s, is Niime. No one else. Not even Juno or Titania.

How old is Reina?

Oh, you said past 30s.

Oh gosh Isadora would be awesome! She's always been one of the most underrated characters in FE7, in my opinion. And she's really pretty, but not in a Camilla way and more in a regal way. If they do add her as a sword cav, I also hope she comes with Heath (because they're recruited in the same chapter), Renault (they have good supports), and Harken (because lovers, maybe as a TT unit).

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As someone else pointed out, he is also somewhat Asian looking in official artwork, despite being Northern Irish in terms of country name.

The list was gigantic and my eyes glazed over what I was looking at. He still is handsome, though, like almost every single character in Fire Emblem.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

How old is Reina?

Oh, you said past 30s.

That makes me wonder about Orochi's age. According to the wiki, she was friends with Mikoto and was there when Corrin was born. She was also old enough that they let her take care of Takumi which isn't anything strange like she could have been 13 while he was 9, but she also knew Saizo when they were kids. If Corrin is say, 16-18 years-old, and Orochi was old enough to be considered responsible enough as a retainer, so I guess around Hana's age who I guess would be around 16-18, then Orochi might be twice as old as Corrin, so around 32-36 years-old. It's all messy, but I would not be surprised if Orochi is actually in or close to her 40s or some weird lizard creature. I'm going with lizard creature because that makes it more fun and stupid.

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

And she's really pretty, but not in a Camilla way and more in a regal way.

To be fair, Camilla's outfit is one of the dumbest things to exist and Camilla wearing anything else, namely Beruka's armor which apparently belonged to her when she was younger, would make her look way better than she does now.

24 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

How old is Reina?

Oh, you said past 30s.

Precisely my point, there isn't anyone. Juno, Reina, Orochi, and Titania look like they'd be past 30, and admittedly 30 is just Anime for "old", but officially, none of these are older than their thirties. Old men are common in games, but old ladies? Not so much.

Etrian Odyssey has a similar issue, despite 5 iterations, it took until EOV to get an old lady, one of the female Rovers. Old men on the other hand, not as prevalent as young men or young ladies, but you could still make teams out of them in some games. Similar deal with FE, old men are quite common.

Why the absence of old ladies? Sexism, women are supposed to be beautiful, men not so much.

Notice the minimization, strikethrough, and coloring to white of the above text? I've no interest in highjacking this topic again. Just one little musing. K?

10 minutes ago, Kaden said:

It's all messy, but I would not be surprised if Orochi is actually in or close to her 40s or some weird lizard creature. I'm going with lizard creature because that makes it more fun and stupid.

She is actually the Dawn Dragon Amatsukami. Her name gives it away. She, or rather it, passively watches over Hoshido in human disguise. If you wish to see her true form, just slip some nihonshu into her tea, she has a weak liver and should expose some scales at least.

To stay on topic, I'd take Isadora as well, even if she was to me, a little too weighed down in FE7 by well, weight and durability issues. Tanith as Sword Flier would be great too, with Reinforce that summons two Lance Fliers that get Abyssal-level stats.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She is actually the Dawn Dragon Amatsukami. Her name gives it away. She passively watches over Hoshido in human disguise. If you wish to see her true form, just slip some nihonshu into her tea, she has a weak liver and should expose some scales.

I just want Orochi in the game since she seems like a fun and mischievous person. Also, if they don't give her the spirit scrolls, then they could remember that the -serpent tomes exist and give her Gronnserpent or something.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To stay on topic, I'd take Isadora as well, even if she was to me, a little too weighed down in FE7 by well, weight and durability issues. Tanith as Sword Flier would be great too.

Don't remind me about Tanith. Ashnard, Tanith, and all the other potential sword fliers can't be introduced sooner and especially if they have high to decent defense. At least we'd have more than one high defense sword flier in the regular summoning pool.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Also, if they don't give her the spirit scrolls, then they could remember that the -serpent tomes exist and give her Gronnserpent or something.

This would be good. I’d be all for that. Them only inventing serpent tomes to stick one on Mergan and then forget about them makes me angry.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

At least we'd have more than one high defense sword flier in the regular summoning pool.

While we’re at it, can we also give Palla a personal ladyblade as a better ruby with some additional effects I’m not qualified to speculate about? I just want her weapon to be as elegant as herself instead of that butt-ugly oversized abomination because I actually do use her with a ruby instead of having swapped to a killer or a wo dao.

23 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

While we’re at it, can we also give Palla a personal ladyblade as a better ruby with some additional effects I’m not qualified to speculate about? I just want her weapon to be as elegant as herself instead of that butt-ugly oversized abomination because I actually do use her with a ruby instead of having swapped to a killer or a wo dao.

Tanith can't get here soon enought. As for the LadyBlade, since it's power was extra damage against bandits, that mostly used Axes, how about it being a Ruby Sword with Axe-breaker for some fun-stupid green-killing shenanigans?

1 minute ago, RexBolt said:

As for the LadyBlade, since it's power was extra damage against bandits, that mostly used Axes, how about it being a Ruby Sword with Axe-breaker for some fun-stupid green-killing shenanigans?

I wouldn’t mind that. No such thing as overkill, especially when destroying Hectors.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Cuan's name as pronounced in Japanese sounds nothing like anything that exists in (Mandarin) Chinese, and the Japanese are actually fairly decent at transliterating Chinese. Korean doesn't use the letter "q" in its official romanization systems. I'm not familiar enough with other east Asian languages, though.

It's also extremely hard to "look Asian" in this art style. If you gave all of the Hoshidan royal siblings Western clothes, the only way you'd be able to tell they're "Asian" is their straight hair... and that doesn't tell you anything since straight hair isn't exclusive to Asians.

6 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Tanith can't get here soon enought. As for the LadyBlade, since it's power was extra damage against bandits, that mostly used Axes, how about it being a Ruby Sword with Axe-breaker for some fun-stupid green-killing shenanigans?

I'm planning on a +10 Palla once she gets an upgrade or I get enough copies (four more sadly), so I'd prefer a less niche weapon personally, something that'd at least help with same-colour matchups a bit (beyond simply adding the 4mt on the weapon). She does the hard-counter thing in AA well enough as it is.

Maybe one of those "automatically double if [condition]" effects perhaps because of her borderline speed? Something like the Swift Mulagir trigger would sort of simulate Triangle Attack. Or hell, give her the Swift Mulagir effect wholesale. Or the Thunder Armads effect, whatever.

45 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This would be good. I’d be all for that. Them only inventing serpent tomes to stick one on Mergan and then forget about them makes me angry.

I'd like for her to get a personal weapon as well! Lady Blade sounds good for her, although I would like it to be better than just a glorified gem weapon. I actually just finished getting her to 5*+10 this week with the aid of HM grinding, so I'd really enjoy seeing her get something nice. My Palla is actually still using her native Ruby Sword at the moment, as I feel like the moment I promote someone to give her something better, they're going to come out and announce her personal weapon. In fact, that's probably what they're waiting for. They're probably just sitting around with a fully developed weapon for her, watching my account for the right moment, just to laugh as the 20k feathers I'm going to invest in her weapon becomes meaningless!

I ended up promoting someone completely unexpected this morning -- freaking Zephiel.

Originally, he was rather low priority, but I looked at his unique weapon refine and decided that if I ever get a spare Hector for distant counter, I would promote him. And guess what my free pull was.

Now I just need dew to refine that weapon. Dammit Zephiel, cutting in line and all XD;

So how good is Soren generally?

Usually I get pissed off at how many of them I summon because I can never use them for anything, but after taking a good look at his artwork, he's looking low-key hot like a valuable expenditure of my feathers and I apparently have 2 with ideal IV spreads so I may grind him up, TBH~

11 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

So how good is Soren generally?

Usually I get pissed off at how many of them I summon because I can never use them for anything, but after taking a good look at his artwork, he's looking low-key hot like a valuable expenditure of my feathers and I apparently have 2 with ideal IV spreads so I may grind him up, TBH~

Good support unit with Wind's Brand's Chill Atk 3 effect, pretty cheap to build if you just want him to do stuff (Fury, Desperation) and merges shouldn't be that difficult to come by as a 3* to 4* summon, he comes with a flexible AoE special, Growing Wind, if you like using those, Soren works well with Ike as both a green and as a mage buddy and his dark affinity fits giving him an earth blessing and guess who's a legendary hero of earth, and he can use ploys well if he's not -Res, but he's probably going to need help with Fury and being merged since he has 29 base neutral resistance.

If you want to make the most out of him as a support unit, then he becomes more expensive as all the Chill skills are locked to 5* summons and Chill Speed is probably his ideal one, but you're going to have to burn a witch Celica (again) or flying Olivia. If you can spare Chill Speed, then he can cripple the enemy's offenses pretty well by target the highest attack and speed of the enemy.

If you don't want him to bleed out with Fury and choose to go for his and stack with his unique refine which gives his tome an -owl effect, then you'd want a Bond skill which once again, all Bond skills are locked to 5* units. Atk/Spd Bond would help him out a lot, but you'd need to be good at positioning him and his allies.

Otherwise, he's all right I guess. I don't care for arena, so I don't know how well he'd perform there, but for PvE stuff where I do bring him and that's not really often, he does his job. My friend likes Soren, so he's there for infantry week rival domains if I don't have Lilina or someone else out for that week. In my opinion, go for -HP instead of -Def or -Res. Both -Def and -Res are superbanes for him and he can have good bulk with unique Wind's Brand's -owl effect, Fury 3/Bond skill that boosts his defense and/or resistance, and Chill Atk or Atk Ploy affecting whoever he's fighting. As for +Atk or +Spd, that's up to you, but I chose +Spd, -HP since I don't think I summoned a +Atk, -HP Soren. +Spd does make him less dependent on buffs, field or in combat including unique refined Wind's Brand, to double things.

This is my Soren for reference:

There is a user on here that uses Soren quite extensively and I remember talking about Soren here in the general discussion, but I don't remember who. It might actually be the OP of this thread: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/80595-soren-shrewd-strategist-wip/. Which would be to nobody's surprise...

Quan looked at least partially Chinese to me in Genealogy (well even in Heroes a bit) cause he looks a lot like Fei Long from Street Fighter who is Chinese and their version of Bruce Lee.

Speaking of lower rarity units worth to build.  In my horrendous luck thusfar with Muspell I did pull a 4 star Soleil and 4 star Merric both with ideal natures, so I was wondering are either worth building.  I also am sitting on an ideal nature Shigure at 4 star.  

Edited by Lewyn

Hm.

Did we ever get a scene or support conversation in Fates of the Hoshidan siblings grieving over Mikoto? Besides the chapter where it happens, obviously. And the Revelations chapter where you fight zombie Mikoto. I can't recall any genuine acknowledgement of it from those characters.

Aha, I finally figured out how to defeat Subaki with my Cordelia so I can grind HM with the current Rival Domains map. I had to give her a Silver Lance and Life and Death 3 with the Heavy Blade seal to knock him exactly down to zero HP and for Galeforce to activate. Also had to take Pass off her B-slot otherwise she wouldn't go in the right direction for some reason.

I trained Odin and boy am I glad Blue Tome Experience is a thing. 

Does anyone know how to spoiler something and not have the text after the spoiler tags get swallowed by them?

Edited by tobuShogi

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

I trained Odin and boy am I glad Blue Tome Experience is a thing. 

Does anyone know how to spoiler something and not have the text after the spoiler tags get swallowed by them?

Do you mean like this?

Spoiler

Ignore this bit.

'text after spoiler tags'

If that's what you mean just press enter so you have two lines, and then move the spoiler up one line so you can type after it.

Fuck off right here, Lucius.
Fuck off right here, Veronica.
*bashes head on wall*

Screenshot_20180930-102303.png

Dazzling was a mistake and should never have happened. Firesweep effect in general was a mistake and should never have happened.

The biggest mistake was making Veronica a cavalry healer with a personal staff that gave dazzling by default on top of another weapon effect (Sothe's weapon effect, in fact) ... especially when she was only the female runner up. What the fuck was IS even thinking.