• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

I was thinking the same, TBH~

Last GC was very fun to me but this one is awful. Why are there so many breakable walls surrounding the enemy fort? If you're going to have a stringent turn limit of 10, don't add so many terrain obstacles preventing you from advancing. 

9 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Last GC was very fun to me but this one is awful. Why are there so many breakable walls surrounding the enemy fort? If you're going to have a stringent turn limit of 10, don't add so many terrain obstacles preventing you from advancing. 

That was literally the map I had in mind, I'm wasting either too much time breaking the wall myself and getting ganged up on or waiting for them to break it (which they sometimes don't), and just wasting time and I miss capturing the fort -_-

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

That was literally the map I had in mind, I'm wasting either too much time breaking the wall myself and getting ganged up on or waiting for them to break it (which they sometimes don't), and just wasting time and I miss capturing the fort -_-

I haven't captured the fort a single time on lunatic difficulty yet. This is in spite of using some +10 merged units from my friend's list. Before, I used to use single merged units of my own and they had better performance so it seems like the enemies are tougher as well this time around. Maybe it is because of Myrrh and Tiki. 

15 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I haven't captured the fort a single time on lunatic difficulty yet. This is in spite of using some +10 merged units from my friend's list. Before, I used to use single merged units of my own and they had better performance so it seems like the enemies are tougher as well this time around. Maybe it is because of Myrrh and Tiki. 

Same. The most i could do is damage the fort, but still haven't conquered it.

Last GC i was doing it at turn 7 most of the time.

Definitely feels like they've been getting a lot more experimental with the map designs, particularly obsticals. Of the maps I've seen, only a couple are well suited for my cavalry line-up. I suppose the enemies are getting stronger if you figure the average player strength is always increasing, and there are all kinds of new skills people are using.

I don't know why, but I'm on Team Sharena for the first round every time in GC.  If the pattern holds, I will be on Team Anna in Round 2.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't know why, but I'm on Team Sharena for the first round every time in GC.  If the pattern holds, I will be on Team Anna in Round 2.

Only GC pattern I can tell you for sure is that next round will be most glorious, cuz it'll be cavalry bonus time

4 minutes ago, Johann said:

Only GC pattern I can tell you for sure is that next round will be most glorious, cuz it'll be cavalry bonus time

Cavalry is my favorite round.  Armors is my least.

I can put all my best units to use.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Cavalry is my favorite round.  Armors is my least.

I can put all my best units to use.

I always run cavalry no matter what, but yeah it's definitely the best by far. Getting that guaranteed follow-up attack is a major help considering all the Wary Fighters. Not to mention, it's extremely rare that people bring anti-cavalry weaponry, but lots of people bring anti-armor weaponry.

1 minute ago, Johann said:

I always run cavalry no matter what, but yeah it's definitely the best by far. Getting that guaranteed follow-up attack is a major help considering all the Wary Fighters. Not to mention, it's extremely rare that people bring anti-cavalry weaponry, but lots of people bring anti-armor weaponry.

I always match my brigades up to the movement type, so I don't feel like I'm missing out.  Cavalry>Flier>Infantry>Armor is my preferred order.

30 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Would a B Skill called Live for Glory that can "can earn points for their kills in arena as if they were a bonus unit" make arena scoring better?

I wouldn't put it past IS to charge money to fix a problem that they created.

36 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I always match my brigades up to the movement type, so I don't feel like I'm missing out.  Cavalry>Flier>Infantry>Armor is my preferred order.

They're on that exact rotation if I remember right, so after Cavalry it should be Fliers. Would also mean that next month's GC would be Infantry > Armor > Cavalry 

Edited by Johann

Eh, I always thought most GC maps weren't that great since cavalry or flier teams seems to be the way to go unless infantry units got bonus effects. Putting breakable objects in the way just makes things more annoying and I hate having to waste attacks breaking them due to being turn limitations.

Also hi @Alexmender I guess we are on the same team in GC or at least I am sure this is you since I don't know anyone else with that name who uses a +10 Eirika wearing red glasses.

Spoiler

Edited by NSSKG151

@Icelerate @Landmaster
Is this the one you two are talking about? 

Spoiler

IJL4iU3.png

If so, I just stumbled upon it myself and my first thought was "what the hell am I looking at". I did manage to get 20 KOs and capture everything (was only playing on Lunatic), but this map is still hot garbage with how RD is set up (namely, its 10-turn time limit).

I have to say, using some friend Units. 
I REALLY REALLY Like Veronica - and I am now a little sad I didn't pull  her during the free unit summon. 
I really like Ayra and now I hope I can get her on a focus banner or something. 
I have to move things to see if I actually do like Winter Lissa .

regarding the GC maps. there was one i liked.. but a lot of them are weird and a lot of obstacles. it's so odd

While playing GC just there I learned something about Warp Powder. It lets you warp through enemies:

Spoiler

Screenshot-2018-10-22-20-56-36.jpg

This entire time I've been using Zelgius I never realised it did this, that's pretty cool.

3 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

While playing GC just there I learned something about Warp Powder. It lets you warp through enemies:

It also lets you warp through walls and over water and lava. Same deal with Guidance, Fujin Yumi, Noatun, etc.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Reveal hidden contents

IJL4iU3.png

If so, I just stumbled upon it myself and my first thought was "what the hell am I looking at". I did manage to get 20 KOs and capture everything (was only playing on Lunatic), but this map is still hot garbage with how RD is set up (namely, its 10-turn time limit).

I could have sworn that map was in last month's GC except I'm not sure if those two breakable walls near the bottom was there last time or not.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

@Icelerate @Landmaster

Reveal hidden contents

IJL4iU3.png

That one's wacky, but at least you can hit enemies from over the walls. There's definitely one (I can't access it right now for a picture) where, as I recall, you're in the middle, two camps above you, and the enemy base below surrounded by a large breakable wall two spaces thick. Probably the most absurd map I've seen, I'll put it up if I get to see it again.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

@Icelerate @Landmaster

Hide contents

IJL4iU3.png

I haven't even seen that map yet.  Maybe if my team wasn't terrible this round.

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

@Icelerate @Landmaster

Reveal hidden contents

IJL4iU3.png

Not this one, but the one with that same wall at the bottom of the map. It starts your units down there and has two more bases at the top, probably the one @Johann, was describing. It's just totally absurd. Like having to waste time sending like 2-3 units up on both sides to get those bases while I have a handful trying to do something down at the main base is just not it when you only have 10 turns

Grand Conquest maps like these are the reason why I'm not going to take the capturing nodes part of the game mode seriously. I have no intent to suffer though shitty maps just for a few more feathers and medallions when it actively hinders the acquisition of orbs and coins.