Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I think pretty much every gauntlet that had Ike would be a curbstomp, judging by his popularity. It's possible the people who are really meh or even dislike him might band together to get someone like Lucina or Lyn to win, but I doubt it, going by the cyl poll.

I dunno, given that Ephraim beat Chrom when Chrom was higher on that poll... You never know. But I do agree that Ike would curbstomp almost anybody else in existence. :P And that he is the most popular FE character period. He won the Famitsu poll in Japan and he got the most combined votes in this one!

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Anacybele said:

I dunno, given that Ephraim beat Chrom when Chrom was higher on that poll... You never know. But I do agree that Ike would curbstomp almost anybody else in existence. :P

That's a good point. But I think in that instance the votes of older players would be more spread out among characters compared to newer players, so when there's less characters for them to choose from, I'd assume Ephraim is more popular than Chrom. Although it was so close I don't know if you can really take anything from it either way.

1 hour ago, Alfred Kamon said:

I'd say Ninian is also a good pick. Her being an Ice Dragon and all.

Ninian is Eliwood's, now and forever!

38 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Marth's got his Falchion, yay.

Congrats! Mine will get it too eventually, I'm getting tired of him being just a decent swordsman.

31 minutes ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

Already beat you to it! I have a 5-Star Minerva and Maria, and a 4-Star Michalis.

Me legitimately jelly. Five-star Maria, good gravy.

I have a couple of questions:
- when the update that increases the amount of stamina to 100 will be released?
- are you all keeping your stamina bottles so that they will be more efficient to use after the update?
- is there any point to this screen that shows damage points going up after won gauntlet battle?

- should I save flag points to the last battle so that my character win?

We dunno atm, yes, visual aesthetic?, well, we know for sure Camilla is gonna win against Cordelia and Minerva against Subaki (I'm actually surprised Subaki won). Point to remember is the feather rewards on final will be more hefty than this one, though as for me, I'd like to be in top 10k so I can at least get a bit of the feathers.

Minerva will probably lose against Camilla, but I'll be backing her up after Cordelia is ded.

Edited by pianime94

On 05/04/2017 at 6:07 PM, Quintessence said:

So finally did a deathless 7 win streak on the arena. Team was Alfonse, Klein, Karel and Nowi all 5☆ and lv. 40. Total points 4492. The last battle was quite frightening. At the desert map I battled a neutral Nowi with Vantage 3 and Bonfire, neutral Julia with Bowbreaker 3 and Reposition, Ephraim with Life and Death 2 and Rally Attack (why?), and a vanilla Lucina. Luckily the AI was dumb enough to make Julia stay still constantly repositioning Ephraim while Klein one rounded Lucina and Nowi dealt the incoming Nowi with Alfonse Spur Atk. The rest was Alfonse entering Julia's range swapping tiles with Klein, he sniped her and then Glacies'd ephraim. Hope rank stays high for the whole week.

Also, supporting Team Subaki!

Same here, I couldn't get a deatless 7 win streak until I got Klein. My team is Klein, Anna, Sharenna and Lucina, all 5 stars. Now using a 5 star Michalis instead of Anna. If you pair Olivia(wich already has hone atk) with Klein it gets even easier, but you get less points.

4 minutes ago, Thalyon said:

Does anyone speak japanese?

Screenshot_20170407-172908.png

This is just an announcement proclaiming the daily Twitter quiz a success, with all 15 questions answered correctly.  Everyone gets 10 orbs and 5,000 feathers as a result.

I am not sure why everyone is being worried abou joining a winning team. I was in the Lucina team last gauntlet, and while I did win the 500 feathers for victory, I couldn't get a proper rank because there was too many  players competing on that team. Join whtever you like really.

8 minutes ago, Rapha666br said:

I am not sure why everyone is being worried abou joining a winning team. I was in the Lucina team last gauntlet, and while I did win the 500 feathers for victory, I couldn't get a proper rank because there was too many  players competing on that team. Join whtever you like really.

That's why I'm joining underdog teams on purpose myself :)

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I dunno, given that Ephraim beat Chrom when Chrom was higher on that poll... You never know. But I do agree that Ike would curbstomp almost anybody else in existence. :P And that he is the most popular FE character period. He won the Famitsu poll in Japan and he got the most combined votes in this one!

Of course, his exposure is a big reason why he won those polls, you know. coughsmashcough

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

Of course, his exposure is a big reason why he won those polls, you know. coughsmashcough

A reason, yes, but I'd say it's a smaller reason. Ike was already well loved among the FE community as well. :P

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A reason, yes, but I'd say it's a smaller reason. Ike was already well loved among the FE community as well. :P

I see quite some opposition on the forums, actually. Besides, Roy and likely Lyn also got their spots thanks to Smash; if Smash at least was a big reason Roy got boosted to 2nd, then it's reasonable to assume it drastically helped Ike as well.

Exposure helps a lot.

9 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I see quite some opposition on the forums, actually. Besides, Roy and likely Lyn also got their spots thanks to Smash; if Smash at least was a big reason Roy got boosted to 2nd, then it's reasonable to assume it drastically helped Ike as well.

Exposure helps a lot.

The difference between Roy and Ike is that Ike's games were also released internationally. Roy's wasn't, so the only big thing he has going for him is Smash. Ike has both his games as well as Smash.

Lyn isn't playable in Smash, so I doubt she's popular for that reason. You'll very rarely see her in the game since she's one of dozens of assist trophies.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

The difference between Roy and Ike is that Ike's games were also released internationally. Roy's wasn't, so the only big thing he has going for him is Smash. Ike has both his games as well as smash.

Lyn isn't playable in Smash, so I doubt she's popular for that reason. You'll very rarely see her in the game since she's one of dozens of assist trophies.

And despite that, Roy still got 2nd overall on the poll, which helps my point. This is also considering Roy has the reputation for having poor stats and growths for a lord in vanilla FE6.

Again, if Smash helped Roy get 2nd place and that was a big thing going for him despite his cons, then Ike likely received a giant boost (of a slightly smaller amount, compared to Roy) as well because of Smash. Why else do people quote Ike's Smash lines and chant, much like people like to quote Roy's Smash chant?

Just now, NoirCore said:

And despite that, Roy still got 2nd overall on the poll, which helps my point. This is also considering Roy has the reputation for having poor stats and growths for a lord in vanilla FE6.

Again, if Smash helped Roy get 2nd place and that was a big thing going for him despite his cons, then Ike likely received a giant boost (of a slightly smaller amount, compared to Roy) as well because of Smash. Why else do people quote Ike's Smash lines and chant, much like people like to quote Roy's Smash chant?

Roy wasn't anywhere near second overall. First was Lyn, second was Lucina, third was Ike, and I believe Tharja and Camilla are behind him. Roy is only second among males.

Ike's Smash lines are more well known and memey.

Smash was a big thing to some extent for both, I'm just saying it was even bigger for Roy than it is for Ike.

I got to 20k feathers thanks to the gauntlet and the quiz rewards, so I made Michalis into a 5*. \o/

Thinking of giving him A!Tiki's bonfire eventually.

7 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I got to 20k feathers thanks to the gauntlet and the quiz rewards, so I made Michalis into a 5*. \o/

Thinking of giving him A!Tiki's bonfire eventually.

Five-star Michalis is a beast. I gave him Bonfire too and never looked back.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Roy wasn't anywhere near second overall. First was Lyn, second was Lucina, third was Ike, and I believe Tharja and Camilla are behind him. Roy is only second among males.

Ike's Smash lines are more well known and memey.

Smash was a big thing to some extent for both, I'm just saying it was even bigger for Roy than it is for Ike.

Oops, misworded. Forgot to mention among males. My bad.

Regardless, even if it was very big for Roy, I'd still argue that it's a big boost for Ike as well. You said it yourself: Ike's lines are memey and very well known. And what does that translate into? A bunch of Ike votes, thanks to Smash, the only source for said lines.

I guess what I'm saying is don't brag about Ike's victories in those popularity polls so much. It's getting somewhat annoying, to be honest.

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I guess what I'm saying is don't brag about Ike's victories in those popularity polls so much. It's getting somewhat annoying, to be honest.

Firstly, nobody's bragging about anything. I don't see where you got that idea at all. Bragging would've been "Ike won these polls, hahaha!"

Second, That's the first time I've mentioned those polls in quite awhile.