Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes.

Wary Fighter will still prevent the opponent from double attacking, but Hector's ability to double attack will end up falling back to Spd calculations because Wary Fighter's and Quick Riposte's effects on Hector will cancel each other out.

And with Hector's basically non-existent speed it just robs him of his weapon's specialty, correct?

(well, less non-existent than Sophia's but still)

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

And with Hector's basically non-existent speed it just robs him of his weapon's specialty, correct?

(well, less non-existent than Sophia's but still)

Yus.

27 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes.

Wary Fighter will still prevent the opponent from double attacking, but Hector's ability to double attack will end up falling back to Spd calculations because Wary Fighter's and Quick Riposte's effects on Hector will cancel each other out.

Are you sure? Iirc even -spd hectors could double my Effie (22 spd versus 19 spd) but I could be wrong.

35 minutes ago, immatx said:

Are you sure? Iirc even -spd hectors could double my Effie (22 spd versus 19 spd) but I could be wrong.

You need at least 5 more speed to double, so if your Effie had 19 spd, Hector would need at least 24 to double (which neutral Hector has). 

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

You need at least 5 more speed to double, so if your Effie had 19 spd, Hector would need at least 24 to double (which neutral Hector has). 

I meant using armads' built in quick reposte, not regular doubling. Sorry for the confusion.

I can't believe we're almost certainly getting variant Ike before getting regular Ike. Like yeah they did it with Xander, but at least Xander was already in the game and just waiting for the GHB to cycle to him.

But Ike's been on all the promotional art! It's super silly!

Still hoping the variants are like...really classy or something. Tuxes and such.

18 minutes ago, immatx said:

I meant using armads' built in quick reposte, not regular doubling. Sorry for the confusion.

Are you sure you remember it right? Also, are you sure Hector didn't have buffs from Spur-type skills?

10 minutes ago, r_n said:

I can't believe we're almost certainly getting variant Ike before getting regular Ike. Like yeah they did it with Xander, but at least Xander was already in the game and just waiting for the GHB to cycle to him.

But Ike's been on all the promotional art! It's super silly!

Still hoping the variants are like...really classy or something. Tuxes and such.

Choose Your Legends characters are coming after summer. That's like at least 5 months away, which is at least 10 focus sets.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Are you sure you remember it right? Also, are you sure Hector didn't have buffs from Spur-type skills?

Choose Your Legends characters are coming after summer. That's like at least 5 months away.

5 months? That's all the way in September!

I sure hope it's American summer cause that's in June. I actually can't wait that long

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I sure hope it's American summer cause that's in June. I actually can't wait that long

I know, me neither. :( But if a regular version of Ike comes before then and I manage to pull him, I'll hang in there, I think. :P

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, I'm not sure. It's been a while since I've run into one, I'll do some arena battles and see if I run into a -spd Hector to confirm it. I'm certain it wasn't because of a speed buff, but Effie might have been debuffed. I'm kinda just hoping I'm wrong at this point, but a test run should do it.

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

After summer means after August, doesn't it?

September is when the autumn starts.

Edited by Vaximillian

11 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

After summer means after August, doesn't it?

September is when the autumn starts.

It depends on how you interpret it.

In Japan, the summer television season runs from July 1 through September 30.

The last official day of summer is the day before the autumn equinox, making it September 21.

"Feels like summer" ends whenever it stops feeling muggy and terrible outside, which is usually sometime in mid September.

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Feels like summer" ends whenever it stops feeling muggy and terrible outside, which is usually sometime in mid September.

Dude, that's your opinion. "Feels like summer" is great to me because of the warm weather and sunshine. I don't find it "terrible" at all. >.>

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Anyone know the five star blue and green pull rate on the spring banner? And the 5 star blue pull rate on the pegasus banner?

I can't remember what the spring is, but on the peg knight banner its 10.5% chance for 5* blue. The Wyvern banner is 14 or 15% chance for a 5* green in case your interested in that one.

Edited by immatx

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Dude, that's your opinion. "Feels like summer" is great to me because of the warm weather and sunshine. I don't find it "terrible" at all. >.>

Different regions mean different feelins, yo.

Summer for me is 100+ degree heat, with 0 gentle breeze and blistering sunlight requiring me to wear sunglasses when walking outside due to my light sensitivity, and cranking up my air conditioner just to have my home get uncomfortably hot slower, rather than actually cooler.

Summer in PA or even NC is way nicer than summer in TX or wherever Ice Dragon is from (I'm assuming he's from Madison, Louisiana based on context).

3 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Summer for me is 100+ degree heat, with 0 gentle breeze and blistering sunlight requiring me to wear sunglasses when walking outside due to my light sensitivity, and cranking up my air conditioner just to have my home get uncomfortably hot slower, rather than actually cooler.

Summer in PA or even NC is way nicer than summer in TX or wherever Ice Dragon is from (I'm assuming he's from Madison, Louisiana based on context).

Yeah, that's true, but I mean that you shouldn't just outright say it's terrible as if it's terrible everywhere, which is what I felt like Ice Dragon was saying. Because like you said, different regions have different kinds of summers.

Btw, we had a few 100 degree days when I was in NC and I loved to go swimming in it.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Personally I wish winter lasted forever, but that's just me.

Spoiler

Don't hate me please

7 minutes ago, immatx said:

I can't remember what the spring is, but on the peg knight banner its 10.5% chance for 5* blue. The Wyvern banner is 14 or 15% chance for a 5* in case your interested in that one.

15 percent. Ugh that's so nice. Risk getting Beruka for it though, that is the question . . . . . . . . 

I think I'll pass

So this is the deciding moment! If anyone can tell me the blue and green pull rates for the spring banner, I'll check it out and finally stop complaining about my orbs! This is it!

8 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I'm in Madison, Wisconsin, where it gets muggy as all hell and the fact that the city's on an isthmus between two good-sized lakes doesn't help. (They actually get cooling from the lakes on the isthmus, but I don't live on the isthmus, so it doesn't help.)

Before moving to Wisconsin, I was in the Chicago suburbs where we're close enough to get all the mugginess from Lake Michigan, but far enough to not get any of the cooling effect.

Also, I just don't like the heat. You can always bundle up for winter, but you can't wear negative layers of clothing, and I don't like feeling sweaty and gross.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that's true, but I mean that you shouldn't just outright say it's terrible as if it's terrible everywhere, which is what I felt like Ice Dragon was saying. Because like you said, different regions have different kinds of summers.

Btw, we had a few 100 degree days when I was in NC and I loved to go swimming in it.

It's different in the humidity. I ran track all through highschool in New York, running 4 miles daily (where i used to live before i moved to texas). Coming here into the humidity had me on my knees due to the heavy humid air. It's wildly different. 

Perhaps Ice Dragon should've said 

42 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Feels like summer" ends whenever it stops feeling muggy and terrible outside in regions in which people may be uncomfortable at, which is usually sometime in mid September.

but that's a bit much to assume from someone to say, since climate-based comfort varies from both location to location and person to person. I'm sure Ice Dragon just implied that he prefers more comfortable seasons to him or something

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Personally I wish winter lasted forever, but that's just me.

I love the winter~

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I'm in Madison, Wisconsin, where it gets muggy as all hell and the fact that the city's on an isthmus between two good-sized lakes doesn't help.

Oh hey I listen to i <3 Radio for some stuff from Madison WI. Good show sir.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

15 percent. Ugh that's so nice. Risk getting Beruka for it though, that is the question . . . . . . . . 

I think I'll pass

So this is the deciding moment! If anyone can tell me the blue and green pull rates for the spring banner, I'll check it out and finally stop complaining about my orbs! This is it!

Just checked spring, green is 10.5% and blue is 9%. And actually I was a little off on the first ones, it's 17% green for wyverns and 12% blue on peg knights. Ugh, I guess I'm getting old.

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

It's different in the humidity. I ran track all through highschool in New York, running 4 miles daily (where i used to live before i moved to texas). Coming here into the humidity had me on my knees due to the heavy humid air. It's wildly different. 

Perhaps Ice Dragon should've said 

but that's a bit much to assume from someone to say, since climate-based comfort varies from both location to location and person to person. I'm sure Ice Dragon just implied that he prefers more comfortable seasons to him or something

Fair points. I've also built up some resistance to the heat, so that's another reason I can handle it better than other people. I don't even burn easily (yet, this has also caused me to not tan easily either...).

I hate winter and wish it didn't exist. I'm sure it needs to for the planet and life to sustain themselves, but I wish it was more bearable. I'm freezing no matter how many layers of clothes I put on, I hate walking through snow and slipping on ice, and I hate my mouth and fingers going so numb that I can't talk. And I hate my ears getting so cold that they burn (though I finally got some winter hats for that one). Having to endure waiting at bus stops and outdoor subway stations in DC a couple weeks ago with my mom was hell. I can't figure out at all why some people love winter.

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, immatx said:

Just checked spring, green is 10.5% and blue is 9%. And actually I was a little off on the first ones, it's 17% green for wyverns and 12% blue on peg knights. Ugh, I guess I'm getting old.

Trust me, you're definitely not as old as I am

Hmm tempting. The only thing I need is greens so spring chrome seems like my homeboy. I already have Nino and as much as a flying tome sounds nuts, I'd rather wait until the next one comes. Bunny Lucina has swift sparrow so that really makes me want to pull the most. 17% is absurd but I can't risk not getting minerva. 

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I hate winter and wish it didn't exist. (< geez louise) I'm sure it needs to for the planet and life to sustain themselves, but I wish it was more bearable. I'm freezing no matter how many layers of clothes I put on, I hate walking through snow and slipping on ice, and I hate my mouth and fingers going so numb that I can't talk. Having to endure waiting at bus stops and outdoor subway stations in DC a couple weeks ago with my mom was hell. I can't figure out at all why some people love winter.

1. Freezing no matter what: I wear 3 shirts and a jacket, 2 gloves, 3 socks, big ol' timberlands, a hat, and I wrap my scarf around my mouth and nose so this way my face doesn't freeze. You can even wear sunglasses to make yourself look extra cool, and protect your eyes a little bit.

2. Walking through the snow: Wear boots or just find a way around. But if you're like me, you run through the snow like a little kid because that's what you're really supposed to do. Screw snow plows!

3. Slipping on ice: I mean, seeing people slip is hilarious. But this can be easily avoided by watching where your're going 

4. Getting numb: refer to #1

5. Why some people like winter: because snow. And snowball fights. And snowmen. And snowboarding. And snow angels. And sledding. And skiing. Making ice supltures and leaving them outside because they won't melt instantly.

This has been discussing winter with Ana and Arcanite! That's all folks!

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Trust me, you're definitely not as old as I am

Hmm tempting. The only thing I need is greens so spring chrome seems like my homeboy. I already have Nino and as much as a flying tome sounds nuts, I'd rather wait until the next one comes. Bunny Lucina has swift sparrow so that really makes me want to pull the most. 17% is absurd but I can't risk not getting minerva. 

1. Freezing no matter what: I wear 3 shirts and a jacket, 2 gloves, 3 socks, big ol' timberlands, a hat, and I wrap my scarf around my mouth and nose so this way my face doesn't freeze. You can even wear sunglasses to make yourself look extra cool, and protect your eyes a little bit.

2. Walking through the snow: Wear boots or just find a way around. But if you're like me, you run through the snow like a little kid because that's what you're really supposed to do. Screw snow plows!

3. Slipping on ice: I mean, seeing people slip is hilarious. But this can be easily avoided by watching where your're going 

4. Getting numb: refer to #1

5. Why some people like winter: because snow. And snowball fights. And snowmen. And snowboarding. And snow angels. And sledding. And skiing. Making ice supltures and leaving them outside because they won't melt instantly.

This has been discussing winter with Ana and Arcanite! That's all folks!

1. It's impossible to put on three pairs of socks. At least, I don't have socks that would do that and not make my shoes/boots too tight. Same with shirts, I simply can't put on that many without feeling uncomfortable. My gloves went missing and I never bothered to get more for some reason. I should when winter rolls around again.

2. I do wear boots. Doesn't make it any less annoying.

3. I do try, but I still slip sometimes.

4. Refer to #1

5. I don't find any of those things as fun as warm weather activities like swimming, hiking/walking, going to the zoo or amusement park/water park, jumping in the sprinkler, barbecues, etc.

This has been discussing winter with Ana and Arcanite! That's all, folks!

Edited by Anacybele