Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm currently running a neutral 5-star +0 Sophia with only Triangle Adept 3 from skill inheritance and she is horrifying. There's virtually nothing she can actually one-round kill without her special up due to her low Spd, but her absolute worst match-up against vanilla +0 green units outside of a fully buffed Nino is against +Atk Cherche, who does only 6x2 damage to her.

I also suggest nabbing Henry's Raudhrraven+ since the added bulk against colorless is worth losing the 2 Atk. I haven't gotten around to getting a 5-star Henry to eat yet, and I don't think my Sophia has the SP yet anyways.

If you're going to use Sophia seriously, she really, really wants a dancer to help her grab her kills.

Also, purposely standing in front of Brave Axe users to charge up her special is rather amusing.

I'm confused with the ideas here... so... she is horrible but she can tank (with TA3) even the strong Axe Users?

That reminds me, I have a TA3!Sophia with Raudhrraven (the normal one), she also has the Barst skill; she also has filler Green Tome Breaker that also inherit with Henry.

Which skill would you suggest me to improve her? My Sophia is identical stat-wise to your's. (Neutral, 5-Stars, +0)

Edited by Troykv

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Troykv said:

I'm confused with the ideas here... so... she is horrible but she can tank (with TA3) even the strong Axe Users?

He's using horrifying as a superlative, I believe.

Breaking news: TA with high bulk tanks things.

Sophia fits into his line-up because all he needs is a way to counter-kill ranged greens from his Ryoma replacement, which Sophia could do rather easily (TA, high bulk, and maybe even G-Tomebreaker). No close counter, but I'm assuming he's just whittling down melees over many turns because it's fairly easy to choke-point them.

14 minutes ago, Troykv said:

That reminds me, I have a TA3!Sophia with Raudhrraven (the normal one), she also has the Barst skill; she also has filler Green Tome Breaker that also inherit with Henry.

Which skill would you suggest me to improve her? My Sophia is identical stat-wise to your's. (Neutral, 5-Stars, +0)

7 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

He's using horrifying as a superlative, I believe.

Yes, "horrifying" as a superlative.

Triangle Adept is a staple for a ~30-Def tank, and Raudhrraven+ is my recommendation for a weapon to increase the number of units you can reliably tank.

For her passive B skill, I'd pick one of Swordbreaker (to one-round kill a lot of swords), G Tomebreaker (to one-round kill Julia and fully buffed Nino so that they can't run somewhere else and kill someone else in case you don't have the luxury of spending her turn to finish them off), or Renewal to tank greens and colorless for even more forever. Hell, Sophia is probably one of the best candidates for Obstruct if you don't need any of the previous suggestions in only to keep Julia and Nino from walking past you.

12 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Sophia fits into his line-up because all he needs is a way to counter-kill ranged greens from his Ryoma replacement, which Sophia could do rather easily (TA, high bulk, and maybe even G-Tomebreaker). No close counter, but I'm assuming he's just whittling down melees over many turns because it's fairly easy to choke-point them.

This. The main role Sophia needs to play in substituting in for Ryoma is the ability to tank and kill Nino and Julia and wall green units until they die.

Melee green units deal so little damage to Sophia with Triangle Adept that if she can't one-hit kill them outright, they will either die on the next turn or charge up Dragon Fang for a free nuke that can also be used to demolish red units.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes, "horrifying" as a superlative.

Triangle Adept is a staple for a ~30-Def tank, and Raudhrraven+ is my recommendation for a weapon to increase the number of units you can reliably tank.

For her passive B skill, I'd pick one of Swordbreaker (to one-round kill a lot of swords), G Tomebreaker (to one-round kill Julia and fully buffed Nino so that they can't run somewhere else and kill someone else in case you don't have the luxury of spending her turn to finish them off), or Renewal to tank greens and colorless for even more forever. Hell, Sophia is probably one of the best candidates for Obstruct if you don't need any of the previous suggestions in only to keep Julia and Nino from walking past you.

This. The main role Sophia needs to play in substituting in for Ryoma is the ability to tank and kill Nino and Julia and wall green units until they die.

Melee green units deal so little damage to Sophia with Triangle Adept that if she can't one-hit kill them outright, they will either die on the next turn or charge up Dragon Fang for a free nuke that can also be used to demolish red units.

You seems like a nice guy...

Would I add to my friend list? I have a 5* Catria as my current leader 

Code: 3398941724

5 minutes ago, Troykv said:

You seems like a nice guy...

Would I add to my friend list? I have a 5* Catria as my current leader 

Code: 3398941724

'Kay. I'm the エクラ with the Robin mentioned earlier as my lead.

14 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I think pretty much every gauntlet that had Ike would be a curbstomp, judging by his popularity. It's possible the people who are really meh or even dislike him might band together to get someone like Lucina or Lyn to win, but I doubt it, going by the cyl poll.

I will gladly take up arms against Ike when the time comes.

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, so I got to use Lilina for the first time via the gauntlet and...oh my god her voice sucks. It not only sounds annoying, but it also makes her sound like a toddler. Worst voice I've ever heard in this game so far by far. I'm starting to regret kind of wanting to pull her.

Julie Kliewer. She also does voices for a few characters that I like. The only bad thing, imo, is that Heroes retains her god awful speed. Can't wait for Celica/Banana Mage/Lute/Soren.

6 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Ice Dragon Would you like to be friends with me as well? I think you're one of the only SF regulars I haven't added yet :O

(ID is 161-430-7301 with Reinhardt as my current rep)

Request made.

I find it ironic that within a few hours of posting "I don't really care to have friends" in the one friends list thread, I get 3 people asking to add me as a friend. >.<

Time to play some Heroes :)

@Ice Dragon I'm going to do some arena testing so I'll try to confirm or disprove whether or not the effie v hector thing was my imagination or not.

P.S. Y'all wanna be my friends too? :^_^: I'll pretend y'all said yes and just stick this here: 7863457503

Edited by immatx

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I find it ironic that within a few hours of posting "I don't really care to have friends" in the one friends list thread, I get 3 people asking to add me as a friend. >.<

The more you said you don't wanna be friends, the more people want to be your friend. Or something. That said, I get what you mean. I wouldn't have added friends other than my IRL friends if it weren't for the gauntlet.

29 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The more you said you don't wanna be friends, the more people want to be your friend. Or something. That said, I get what you mean. I wouldn't have added friends other than my IRL friends if it weren't for the gauntlet.

Speaking of which, Sunwoo do you wanna be friends too? :D or at least I don't think I've added you? I feel like I'd remember if I had a 5* Alfonse in my friend list (admittedly that's one of the main things I've come to associate with you)

Those of you who helped me with my arena defense team, I ended up using Seliph, Azura, Roy, and Stahl, and in 24 hours they got me 8 defense wins! 

23 minutes ago, immatx said:

Those of you who helped me with my arena defense team, I ended up using Seliph, Azura, Roy, and Stahl, and in 24 hours they got me 8 defense wins! 

Yaaaaay :D I'm glad to hear that your new team worked out for you!

I would gladly be friends with everybody here, but the stupid arbitrary limit of 50 keeps me from doing so.

6 hours ago, immatx said:

So a viable dancer, and 3 red units.

Hm this is important information 

@Rezzy I don't really care about the friend limit. As long as each of my friends has a different hero, I'm happy. And if they don't play in 2 days, they're gone. Nice clean easy way to cycle your friends.

Edited by Arcanite

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

So a viable dancer, and 3 red units.

Hm this is important information 

All 3 Dancers are viable.  Even Olivia has more Offense than is needed on a Dancer.  Why they shafted Healers, but let Dancers be a decent offensive threat in their own right, I have no idea.

7 hours ago, immatx said:

Interesting combination.  Are they all vanilla and max level/rarity, or do they have some inheritance?

I can't stop telling myself I made the wrong decision. I'm so used to having a mountain of feathers. Now I don't anymore. I only have 20k ;-;

I keep feeling as if I should've waited for something better. But it's over now

The next question is,

Anna or Sharena?

Edited by Arcanite

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You already know my answer.

Yeah, you're right. Alfonse is a better choice

Anna is already decked out. All I need is Noatun and vantage 3 at 5 stars

Sharena has 900 SP, and nothing added. And she can buff Nino out the wazoo

Decisions decisions..........

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Do all of them, assemble the Order of Heroes in all their glory!

20 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I can't stop telling myself I made the wrong decision. I'm so used to having a mountain of feathers. Now I don't anymore. I only have 20k ;-;

Screenshot_2017-04-08-10-39-43.thumb.png.7c0050dcbe67319a7071e9dfb79b5995.png

I keep feeling as if I should've waited for something better. But it's over now

The next question is,

Anna or Sharena?

Nice, I promoted Nino as my first 5*, too.  What nature is yours?

Just now, Arcanite said:

Sharena is really nice, I just promoted mine.  Also, since Nino fills your Green slot well, and I'd advise against running two Greens on a team, thats another point for Sharena, unless you've already for a bunch of good Blues.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Do all of them, assemble the Order of Heroes in all their glory!

There's going to be a quest at some point that will be taking the order of heroes into a lunatic end game map, I just know it.

Sharena. She's powerful and speedy and can take hits okay too (though not a lot). Her Rally Attack is great too. Anna just dies really fast.

Edited by Anacybele