Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Lord save the children.

Fury Nino is a flipping psycho. The best part is, I didn't even give her desperation yet. Hee hee hee slowly but surely the cinnamon roll we all know and love will turn into a She-Tyrant Lizard King.

Fear her power!

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Mkay. Also, another thing, I can't control what colors I get to pick from in a summon. I could be looking for red and green and only get blue and colorless.

In those cases I'd just pick a color that
1) I want the second most for a character (ex. I want either of the blue bunnies, so I'm rolling blue. There's no blue, that sucks. There is clear. I pick clear because I want Sakura)
2) I want some kind of fodder for (ex. clear again, because I want 4* klein so Reinhardt can finally get his death blow 3)
3) a color that isn't featured in the banner to reduce your chances of rolling a 5* that isn't ike

and then exit out.

1 minute ago, Thor Odinson said:

In those cases I'd just pick a color that
1) I want the second most for a character (ex. I want either of the blue bunnies, so I'm rolling blue. There's no blue, that sucks. There is clear. I pick clear because I want Sakura)
2) I want some kind of fodder for (ex. clear again, because I want 4* klein so Reinhardt can finally get his death blow 3)
3) a color that isn't featured in the banner to reduce your chances of rolling a 5* that isn't ike

and then exit out.

One thing I do, if I have the orbs for it, is pull all the colors instead of choosing one then leaving. This way I increase my percentages and five stars I might have gotten wouldn't be missed.

But that's only if I have orbs left over. If I don't have too many I choose one and back out

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

One thing I do, if I have the orbs for it, is pull all the colors instead of choosing one then leaving. This way I increase my percentages and five stars I might have gotten wouldn't be missed.

But that's only if I have orbs left over. If I don't have too many I choose one and back out

Well it depends on what you want. If you're gunning for a specific character, and you accidentally get a 5* you don't want that isn't even your color, that might be a bummer and it also resets your chances. 

The general all-orb pulling methods is good if you just indiscriminately want 5*s, or if there's a bunch of characters from the banner that you want. It's not good in Ana's case if she really wants Ike because P(someone else coming along to ruin the chances of Ike) is pretty high.

I was fortunate that Ryoma was in the game from the beginning, so I could just reroll. It's not an option for her short of getting an entirely new account---although, Ana, if you just want to have a side account and reroll Ike there, maybe you can get Fred again too.

Edited by Thor Odinson

4 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Well it depends on what you want. If you're gunning for a specific character, and you accidentally get a 5* you don't want that isn't even your color, that might be a bummer and it also resets your chances. 

The general all-orb pulling methods is good if you just indiscriminately want 5*s, or if there's a bunch of characters from the banner that you want. It's not good in Ana's case if she really wants Ike because P(someone else coming along to ruin the chances of Ike) is pretty high.

I was fortunate that Ryoma was in the game from the beginning, so I could just reroll. It's not an option for her short of getting an entirely new account---although, Ana, if you just want to have a side account and reroll Ike there, maybe you can get Fred again too.

Actually, all-orb is pretty bad. Because of the way 5* odds work, the banner colors are significantly better than the other colors, to the point that paying 5 orbs for a green in Wyvern or a blue in Pegasus is better than paying 3 orbs for any other color.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Actually, all-orb is pretty bad. Because of the way 5* odds work, the banner colors are significantly better than the other colors, to the point that paying 5 orbs for a green in Wyvern or a blue in Pegasus is better than paying 3 orbs for any other color.

True, but there is also the case where I just want that 4* fodder on the side, so might as well take the 3 orb and increase my chances after.

look man i really want db3 on my reinhardt

Edited by Thor Odinson

Yeah it kind of blows when its a banner like Spring where there is specifically only two colors with the banner and if those colors are the ones you specifically want or in need of it makes going in and seeing 4 reds and a colorless a bit

frustrating

even if the odds og getting something good are still pretty solid

There are a few characters I'd like for fodder. Extra Stahl for Def+3 on Freddy, extra Abel for Swordbreaker 3 on male Robin. And an extra male Robin for Bonfire on someone, either Freddy or Marth. Also somebody else with a good offensive skill to give my Marth if Freddy gets Bonfire. I would give him my Beruka's Glimmer, but she's 3 star and requires an upgrade for that. I'm not really sure what I'm doing with her. And then someone with Axebreaker, also for Freddy. And I'm not even sure what to give Sharena yet. She has Glimmer tho.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There are a few characters I'd like for fodder. Extra Stahl for Def+3 on Freddy, extra Abel for Swordbreaker 3 on male Robin. And an extra male Robin for Bonfire on someone, either Freddy or Marth. Also somebody else with a good offensive skill to give my Marth if Freddy gets Bonfire. I would give him my Beruka's Glimmer, but she's 3 star and requires an upgrade for that. I'm not really sure what I'm doing with her. And then someone with Axebreaker, also for Freddy. And I'm not even sure what to give Sharena yet. She has Glimmer tho.

Laslow has axebreaker 3 at 4*, so there's that.

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

Laslow has axebreaker 3 at 4*, so there's that.

Cool, if I ever pull him. xP I honestly never have. The only one of the Awakening trio that I've pulled is Selena and she's shown up like three times.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Cool, if I ever pull him. xP I honestly never have. The only one of the Awakening trio that I've pulled is Selena and she's shown up like three times.

Selena's actually one of my favorite fodder to get these days just because I abuse Reposition so damn much, haha

And every 2 weeks I'll need another one

Edited by Thor Odinson

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

Selena's actually one of my favorite fodder to get these days just because I abuse Reposition so damn much, haha

Yeah, I'd probably give that to male Robin if I didn't already give him Draw Back. Freddy also already has Harsh Command. So my main units' support skills there are filled.

34 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Mkay. Also, another thing, I can't control what colors I get to pick from in a summon. I could be looking for red and green and only get blue and colorless.

If you're specifically aiming for a character (or just for a 5-star), it's advantageous to pull from only one color.

The probabilities are such that if you pull all 5 summons from each set all the time, you will converge on the expected 6% (plus failure bonus) 5-star rate. However, if you pull only from the most advantageous color and ignore disadvantageous colors to the best of your ability, then you'll converge on a higher 5-star rate. For example, the current Dragon Knight banner has a 17% chance of pulling a 5-star from a green summon.

You'll end up losing the discount for pulling the full set, but you'll have a much higher chance of pulling a 5-star character. Lower quantity of characters, but higher quality on average.

In the case the color you want doesn't appear, just pick one summon of the next best color and leave. For example, while pulling for Ninian, if I didn't get any blue, I pulled red for a chance at getting Karel (and if there were also no red, then colorless for Jaffar).

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you're specifically aiming for a character (or just for a 5-star), it's advantageous to pull from only one color.

The probabilities are such that if you pull all 5 summons from each set all the time, you will converge on the expected 6% (plus failure bonus) 5-star rate. However, if you pull only from the most advantageous color and ignore disadvantageous colors to the best of your ability, then you'll converge on a higher 5-star rate. For example, the current Dragon Knight banner has a 17% chance of pulling a 5-star from a green summon.

You'll end up losing the discount for pulling the full set, but you'll have a much higher chance of pulling a 5-star character. Lower quantity of characters, but higher quality on average.

In the case the color you want doesn't appear, just pick one summon of the next best color and leave. For example, while pulling for Ninian, if I didn't get any blue, I pulled red for a chance at getting Karel (and if there were also no red, then colorless for Jaffar).

Yeah, I suppose you're right. I'm someone that likes saving my resources, so I've been doing all full pulls, but I'll give your idea a shot.

For what it's worth, I (as a F2P player who hasn't spent a cent so far) also have had fairly bad luck getting 5s (4 natural 5* pulls, one of which was a double I sent back for feathers) and have been consistently getting everything available in terms of Arena feather rewards (max amount each cycle I've participated in), quest rewards (only ones I couldn't get were the 4x Armor orbs and red shards), and daily free heroes + GHB rewards, and I have three 5* units I've unlocked potential on to get to that point

So um... I dunno what exactly I'm doing differently, but I just know it's doable. 

I'm just playing a lot, grinding units I like/want to use along with the GHB units (since they're pretty much a guaranteed arena bonus if I don't pull anything else, which I haven't been lol), and pulling whenever I can (generally dumping orbs into a focus I'm interested in near the end of its cycle, though the only focus characters I've gotten have been Marth and Leo). I'm also being as conservative as possible when it comes to spending any other resources, including heroes now that I know they can be used for skill inheritance (merged/sent away a lot of the daily heroes I could have used for skill inheritance lol... kinda wish we'd known about that sooner or had another opportunity at the daily heroes, but what can you do), and that usually pays off since I was able to finish the 4x Fliers 10th stratum quest even though my fliers are all pretty garbo lol (like... literally I have every non-GHB flier below A-tier and none at/above it). 

Not sure if any of this helps, but uh. I mean. I'm F2P too and I've been managing, I guess. 

Edited by BANRYU

Hmm, I guess it also depends on the individual player too. I wouldn't say I'm entirely free to play though. I'm willing to spend money on the game, but only if I can afford it. Until I have an income again though, I am mainly free to play.

So, thanks to Marth's self-healing from Falchion and also having Freddy, Olivia, and Sakura helping him, he's been the easiest character to level up to 40 so far. He's lv. 38 at the moment, but it shouldn't be much longer until he's 40.

Edited by Anacybele

Wow everytime I'm left with bunch of pages unread it's because Ana is replying!

Anyways, just did a session at Navarre's focus (total of 8% atm) and got 4☆ Fae :(, I was expecting her to be 5☆ but whelp. She was +Def -Atk but decided to grab her Renewal line for Sharena because I'm augmenting her rarity once I hit the 20K mark (currently at 13K). Sharena has Noontime and Renewal 3 right now, my plan is to make her a full support unit or hybrid, tanking a few hits, healing with Renewal and Noontime with her nice spd. Whoo!

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

Wow everytime I'm left with bunch of pages unread it's because Ana is replying!

I had like three different people quoting me and posting fast. lol

Noontime? I did just see that skill for the first time, actually. I'd never heard of it before. Who gets it naturally?

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I had like three different people quoting me and posting fast. lol

Noontime? I did just see that skill for the first time, actually. I'd never heard of it before. Who gets it naturally?

Laslow does. 

EDIT: Also Ogma.

It's a lower CD Sol that has slightly less heal. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

35 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This is honestly the thing I would like to see changed the most.

Either make players able to walk away from a summoning session without having to use 5 orbs or have the 5 orbs include at least 1 of each color or 1 of each color with a focus character in it. I think third one would be best (first one is too easy to abuse while second would prevent those delicious multiples of the orb you want).

25 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Can confirm it's really annoying.

So I've been having some difficulty in arena. I switched up my units to try to go deathless, so instead of Julia/Azura/Effie/bonus unit like I normally do, because I'm using Michalis (lv37 4*) I went Seliph/Azura/Effie/Michalis. I have a higher bst with this team, and I don't have to sacrifice Effie in order to beat Hector, but it's really hard to string together wins without a mage. Is there another team that might work out better? These are the units I have to choose from:

Spoiler

FQ52NtF.png

@Ice Dragon I found a -spd Hector in arena and it turns out I was wrong after all. Sorry about that. I must have mis-remembered the circumstances.

Spoiler

gq1lE4A.png

iEteG3l.png

Nm8NKDQ.png

Edited by immatx

15 minutes ago, immatx said:

So I've been having some difficulty in arena. I switched up my units to try to go deathless, so instead of Julia/Azura/Effie/bonus unit like I normally do, because I'm using Michalis (lv37 4*) I went Seliph/Azura/Effie/Michalis. I have a higher bst with this team, and I don't have to sacrifice Effie in order to beat Hector, but it's really hard to string together wins without a mage. Is there another team that might work out better? These are the units I have to choose from:

Reveal hidden contents

FQ52NtF.png

@Ice Dragon I found a -spd Hector in arena and it turns out I was wrong after all. Sorry about that. I must have mis-remembered the circumstances.

Reveal hidden contents

gq1lE4A.png

iEteG3l.png

Nm8NKDQ.png

Can't you let Hector run into Seliph?  I use that tactic with Lucina/Eldigan and it works every time. 

4 minutes ago, Eridras said:

Can't you let Hector run into Seliph?  I use that tactic with Lucina/Eldigan and it works every time. 

You mean the Effie vs Hector screenshots? Yeah, that's exactly what I did, I was just checking the pre-battle screen in order to prove/disprove a theory.