Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I had like three different people quoting me and posting fast. lol

Noontime? I did just see that skill for the first time, actually. I'd never heard of it before. Who gets it naturally?

Sorry for not responding earlier! So much mobile gaming atm. Yeah Noontime is a special with a cooldown of 3 and replenishes hp equal to 30% of dmg dealt. I got it from a 4☆ laslow I got earlier. In fact, I've gotten a crapton of Laslows and augmented them to give Axebreaker 3 to Michalis and Noontime to Sharena, plus some were sent home. The noontime one came at 4☆ naturally though.

Also, too lazy to go to the skill inheritance thread but would like to hear thoughts about skills Anna might get good use of? She's 4☆ lv. 30 right now with basic skills. I currently have a 4☆ Raven and a 4☆ Gaius that might pass Defiant Sp 3 and Rally Speed to her to fill her empty skill slots but I'm not sure if it is worth sacrificing them? Not that I need them with urge; Raven is +Res -Def and Gaius is +Def -Res.

Edited by Quintessence

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

I used 2k feathers to upgrade my Felicia to 4* and sacrificed her to my 5* +Atk -HP Caeda so she can learn Chilling Wind/Glacies. Good idea or bad idea? Caeda is fragile but she has really high Res so I thought it was worth it

I don't know why you sacrificed Felicia since her RES should be higher than Caeda. But I assume you actually, want to use her on your team so whatever.

It's certainly not a bad call putting Glacies on cause she still has impressive RES. But I find that there are two issues with this:
1. She has pretty low ATK. Even with Glacies, I'm more than sure the enemy is surviving that hit (assuming the enemy is at full hp and not a colorless unit).
2. As you mentioned, very fragile. It doesn't help much that Glacies takes 4 actions to trigger. She'll die by then if not careful.

She'll still do some decent damage and because she's really fast, the 4 actions isn't that big of an issue. However, Moonbow is always a great option if you aren't able to work with Glacies. Some math to help you visualize:

Spoiler

This is against a neutral Effie. Caeda has neutral IVs and wields Armorslayer+. Both characters are maxed out. Here's what happens after 4 actions (means that Glacies triggers once while Moonbow triggers twice):

Glacies: Boosts damage dealt by 80% of unit's Res.
80% of 34 = 27
37 + 27 = 64
64 - 33 = 31 damage

Moonbow: Resolve combat as if foe suffered Def/Res-30%.
30% of 33 = 10
33 - 10 = 23
37 - 23 = 14 damage times 2
            = 28 damage

While there is a 3 damage gap, it's not all that bad. Especially since you're going to need Caeda to survive two rounds against a counterable unit if you're working with Glacies while she only needs to survive one round against a counterable unit when using Moonbow. She's most likely going to get at least one Moonbow off on the enemy whereas she won't be able to activate Glacies if you aren't careful enough.

As to whether I think it's a good or bad call, let the math and explanation below it help you. Personally, I'd say Moonbow because of how fragile Caeda is. Though give Glacies a shot and see if you like it.

EDIT: I'm an idiot and forgot to take weapon triangle into consideration. You know what? Screw the math! I tried so hard too.. ;-;
EDIT AGAIN: I also forgot to take armor effectiveness into account. Why do I even bother? XD

Edited by Falcom

3 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I don't know why you sacrificed Felicia since her RES should be higher than Caeda. But I assume you actually, want to use her on your team so whatever.

It's certainly not a bad call putting Glacies on cause she still has impressive RES. But I find that there are two issues with this:
1. She has pretty low ATK. Even with Glacies, I'm more than sure the enemy is surviving that hit (assuming the enemy is at full hp and not a colorless unit).
2. As you mentioned, very fragile. It doesn't help much that Glacies takes 4 actions to trigger. She'll die by then if not careful.

She'll still do some decent damage and because she's really fast, the 4 actions isn't that big of an issue. However, Moonbow is always a great option if you aren't able to work with Glacies. Some math to help you visualize:

Hide contents

This is against a neutral Effie. Caeda has neutral IVs and wields Armorslayer+. Both characters are maxed out. Here's what happens after 4 actions (means that Glacies triggers once while Moonbow triggers twice):

Glacies: Boosts damage dealt by 80% of unit's Res.
80% of 34 = 27
37 + 27 = 64
64 - 33 = 31 damage

Moonbow: Resolve combat as if foe suffered Def/Res-30%.
30% of 33 = 10
33 - 10 = 23
37 - 23 = 14 damage times 2
            = 28 damage

While there is a 3 damage gap, it's not all that bad. Especially since you're going to need Caeda to survive two rounds against a counterable unit if you're working with Glacies while she only needs to survive one round against a counterable unit when using Moonbow. She's most likely going to get at least one Moonbow off on the enemy whereas she won't be able to activate Glacies if you aren't careful enough.

As to whether I think it's a good or bad call, let the math and explanation below it help you. Personally, I'd say Moonbow because of how fragile Caeda is. Though give Glacies a shot and see if you like it.

Thanks! I got rid of Felicia because I didn't want to invest too many feathers into her and Caeda was already 5* anyway

Isn't Caeda @GuiltyLove's second 5☆? I think it's a good move for his situation whether we can find it optimal or not. Also, Caeda would die against Effie :P: and dmg should be like [Caeda]Atk x 1.5 (eff dmg) x 0.8 (wtd) rounded down which should be 11 dmg but effie wrecks her.

Caeda works more as a support unit with Fortify Fliers and Rally Speed, she provides excellent buff coverage to fliers so she is quite useful, but specially on flier teams. She will have a hard time against any non green enemy but I guess you can use her to counter Julia or Nino, or counter some Hectors.

= EDIT =

Speaking of the devil, I jist got a 5☆ Caeda +def -hp whoo

Edited by Quintessence

11 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Isn't Caeda @GuiltyLove's second 5☆? I think it's a good move for his situation whether we can find it optimal or not. Also, Caeda would die against Effie :P: and dmg should be like [Caeda]Atk x 1.5 (eff dmg) x 0.8 (wtd) rounded down which should be 11 dmg but effie wrecks her.

Caeda works more as a support unit with Fortify Fliers and Rally Speed, she provides excellent buff coverage to fliers so she is quite useful, but specially on flier teams. She will have a hard time against any non green enemy but I guess you can use her to counter Julia or Nino, or counter some Hectors.

= EDIT =

Speaking of the devil, I jist got a 5☆ Caeda +def -hp whoo

(Psssst you round down for WTA and bonus damage but round up for WTD)

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

Thanks! I got rid of Felicia because I didn't want to invest too many feathers into her and Caeda was already 5* anyway

Felicia is no where near worthwhile as Caeda in my opinion. 

Congrats on your Caeda!

Edited by Arcanite

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Them's fightin' words.

I mean, I could look up a bunch of stats and calcs and eat my words, but let's just leave at that ;)

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I mean, I could look up a bunch of stats and calcs and eat my words, but let's just leave at that ;)

Oh, sure, I'll grant you that Caeda's a better unit overall in a vacuum, but Heroes isn't played in a vacuum.

Caeda struggles to find a niche for herself as she's constantly competing against other reds and other fliers and struggles to find a spot on a team over either of them. As a red sword, she's completely outclassed by literally every popular red out there with her low attack stat and is never going to replace someone like Lucina on a team. As a flier, there's no real point running her on a team except for Flier Emblem for her buffs (which can and should be inherited by someone else) since Brave Axe Cherche, Gronnblade/Gronnraven Easter Camilla, Minerva, Michalis, Catria, Cordelia, and Hinoka all vastly outperform her as a flier. Heck, even as a red flier, Palla is a better overall unit assuming equal investment. 

Felicia, on the other hand, occupies a completely different role and is a lot more effective overall at providing support for her team. 

You're comparing apples and oranges. Caeda is a combat unit that's outshined by other, similar combat units while Felicia is a support unit who does her job of debuffing enemies to support her team just fine, even being able to dish out respectable amounts of damage with her special up.

And also I find Felicia way cuter, which is the only actual reason I'm defending her if we're being honest.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oh, sure, I'll grant you that Caeda's a better unit overall in a vacuum, but Heroes isn't played in a vacuum.

Caeda struggles to find a niche for herself as she's constantly competing against other reds and other fliers and struggles to find a spot on a team over either of them.

Felicia, on the other hand, occupies a completely different role and is a lot more effective overall at providing support for her team. 

And also I find Felicia way cuter, which is the only actual reason I'm defending her if we're being honest.

Well if I'm not here to help people make good decisions, I'm here to make people feel better about their decisions. So if Guilty love got rid of their Felicia in favor of Caeda, then it really doesn't matter right? 

Spoiler

Felicia is too much of a clutz to me.

And if I'm being honest, then Oboro is better than both of them

Spoiler

Jk

Carda having pretty much natural 46 speed with boon is hilarious 

How does Caeda vs Generic Sword Lord match up goes?

But yeah i dont see how she could compete in anything but Spring Camilla squad for teamslot. Like Hinoka Blade!Camilla Caeda with a Dancer support or something like that

On the other hand Felicias voice actor is the best one ive heard in this game by a longshot so thats one thing she had going for her

Edited by JSND

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well if I'm not here to help people make good decisions, I'm here to make people feel better about their decisions. So if Guilty love got rid of their Felicia in favor of Caeda, then it really doesn't matter right? 

Hide contents

Felicia is too much of a clutz to me.

And if I'm being honest, then Oboro is better than both of them

Hide contents

Jk

Fair, fair. But you can do that without dissing my wife, you monster. 

Also, just in case it's unclear bc tone is hard on the internet, I'm not upset at all, just having fun :P

Spoiler

Oboro's great, but we weren't comparing anyone to her, now were we?

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Fair, fair. But you can do that without dissing my wife, you monster. 

Also, just in case it's unclear bc tone is hard on the internet, I'm not upset at all, just having fun :P

Reveal hidden contents

Oboro's great, but we weren't comparing anyone to her, now were we?

Dont diss Felicia because thats Masked Ampharos' "wife".

Noted!

Oboro came into this cause she's the greatest. She's strong, good-looking, and hard working. She's everything you could ever ask for!

Spoiler

She's just a better Felicia to be honest

Spoiler

Not kidding

Spoiler

Jk

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Useful responses! Now I just need more fliers... I hope I get Minerva or Catria!

Speaking of waifus/husbandos, too bad Camus is taken already by that woman in FE2/Echoes...

Meanwhile Natasha is living it up with Joshua

@Arcanite Why must you remind me of the painful truth that my boy Joshua isn't in Heroes yet

Spoiler

Joking aside though, I'm not entirely sure who my ideal Fire Emblem girl actually would be. It's awfully hard to narrow it down to just one...

Spoiler

Though aesthetically speaking I'd totally go for Eirika if I didn't think Ephraim would murder me for it. Which he most definitely would.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Arcanite Why must you remind me of the painful truth that my boy Joshua isn't in Heroes yet

Reveal hidden contents

Joking aside though, I'm not entirely sure who my ideal Fire Emblem girl actually would be. It's awfully hard to narrow it down to just one...

Reveal hidden contents

Though aesthetically speaking I'd totally go for Eirika if I didn't think Ephraim would murder me for it. Which he most definitely would.

The day Joshua gets in this game, I think I'm just going to combust. Like seriously explode. You might see me on the news too heh 

The Main reason why he's my baby boy #2 is because of how xexy sword master Crits looked in sacred stones. Looks like some Enter the Matrix stuff or something, I'm telling you.

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

The day Joshua gets in this game, I think I'm just going to combust. Like seriously explode. You might see me on the news too heh 

The Main reason why he's my baby boy #2 is because of how xexy sword master Crits looked in sacred stones. Looks like some Enter the Matrix stuff or something, I'm telling you.

Oh man you don't need to tell me twice. The GBA crit animations were some of the most beautiful things I've seen in my life (ended up using both Joshua and Marisa on my runs even though I didn't need more swords just bc I love them so much). 

My personal all-time favorite is probably Lyn's Blade Lord crit animation (specifically the non-Sol Katti sword one, but they're all dope). 

Also, getting back on track with Heroes, I really hope the CYL Lyn is Blade Lord Lyn with a bow (specifically Rienfleche). The Rienfleche item description says it "strikes consecutively" so I'm hoping for an amped-up Brave Bow legendary weapon, personally. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oh man you don't need to tell me twice. The GBA crit animations were some of the most beautiful things I've seen in my life (ended up using both Joshua and Marisa on my runs even though I didn't need more swords just bc I love them so much). 

My personal all-time favorite is probably Lyn's Blade Lord crit animation (specifically the non-Sol Katti sword one, but they're all dope). 

Also, getting back on track with Heroes, I really hope the CYL Lyn is Blade Lord Lyn with a bow. The Rienfleche item description says it "strikes consecutively" so I'm hoping for an amped-up Brave Bow legendary weapon, personally. 

Amped up brave bow sounds busted, but I don't even care.

I'll have both Lyns from both of their focuses. I'm saving all my units to make sure she gets the most broken skills. Might even pull Bunny Lucina and give that Lyn swift sparrow because it sounds like it'll suit the build. Maybe even have a spare Zephiel if he gets life and death at 4 stars too.

Then there's flipping Ike. I have a feeling he's going to be a Hector that can move 2 spaces.

High defense

Low speed

Low resistance 

High HP

Real high attack

11 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Also, getting back on track with Heroes, I really hope the CYL Lyn is Blade Lord Lyn with a bow (specifically Rienfleche). The Rienfleche item description says it "strikes consecutively" so I'm hoping for an amped-up Brave Bow legendary weapon, personally. 

The description was lying, Rienfleche wasn't a brave weapon. But it would still be cool if it was one.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

The description was lying, Rienfleche wasn't a brave weapon. But it would still be cool if it was one.

Not in FE7, no, but it still could be one in Heroes. I'm open to discussion though: what other effect do you think it could have?

Also, while we're at it, what other weapon effects do you want to see in general?

Gonna post now to open up the question but will edit in suggestions in a bit.

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

(Psssst you round down for WTA and bonus damage but round up for WTD)

OOh! I thought it was round down when attacking, round up when receiving. My bad, thanks!

46 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Caeda struggles to find a niche for herself as she's constantly competing against other reds and other fliers and struggles to find a spot on a team over either of them. As a red sword, she's completely outclassed by literally every popular red out there with her low attack stat and is never going to replace someone like Lucina on a team. As a flier, there's no real point running her on a team except for Flier Emblem for her buffs (which can and should be inherited by someone else) since Brave Axe Cherche, Gronnblade/Gronnraven Easter Camilla, Minerva, Michalis, Catria, Cordelia, and Hinoka all vastly outperform her as a flier. Heck, even as a red flier, Palla is a better overall unit assuming equal investment. 

You're comparing apples and oranges. Caeda is a combat unit that's outshined by other, similar combat units while Felicia is a support unit who does her job of debuffing enemies to support her team just fine, even being able to dish out respectable amounts of damage with her special up.

Caeda's competition is other fliers because there's literally no reason to use her on whatever team, same applies for other units with Goad/Ward and Fortify/Hone skills, although there are exceptions like Hector, Minerva, Reinhardt and others, who are pretty good to be on any team; besides fortify res is terrible. While I do agree that other fliers would provide a better use of Fortify Fliers, it is pretty impractical to do so when you need 75+150+300 SP (525sp)  to learn it, unless you give it to Cherche who just needs to learn fort fliers and can snag rally speed for extra support, which is splendid on her on a flier team. The problem is how tedious it is to grind SP specially on 5* units as it takes ages to build enough sp to have golden skills. I'd do so if and only if I get her 4* version or a dupe, not if I get her as a 5* (unless I have a good arsenal of fliers). I do agree that Palla is better as she has ruby sword (to destroy greens), has wings of mercy to help any ally and goad fliers (which imo is better than the def skills), and can even get a rally skill or any healing assist skill to get full use of wings of mercy; meanwhile caeda is so so. Heck I gave Subaki Bonfire and goad fliers and he's wrecking shit.

41 minutes ago, JSND said:

Carda having pretty much natural 46 speed with boon is hilarious 

How does Caeda vs Generic Sword Lord match up goes?

But yeah i dont see how she could compete in anything but Spring Camilla squad for teamslot. Like Hinoka Blade!Camilla Caeda with a Dancer support or something like that

On the other hand Felicias voice actor is the best one ive heard in this game by a longshot so thats one thing she had going for her

WE'VE GOT TROUBLE

14 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Not in FE7, no, but it still could be one in Heroes. I'm open to discussion though: what other effect do you think it could have?

Also, while we're at it, what other weapon effects do you want to see in general?

Gonna post now to open up the question but will edit in suggestions in a bit.

Hitting the opposite Def. Leif would be the best candidate here. A sword user that hits RES instead of DEF.

2 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

Hitting the opposite Def. Leif would be the best candidate here. A sword user that hits RES instead of DEF.

Oh? I've never played Thracia, so I'm curious why you say Leif.

(They could also very easily do this by simply adding in Levin Swords/Bolt Axes and giving those weapons the ability you just suggested). 

I'm forever salty that Felicia didn't come with Flame Shuriken to hit Res instead of Def in Heroes.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos