Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I believe that the Light Brand is Leif's personal sword, or is mostly strongly associated with him, and it casts magic at a distance.

Edited by Sunwoo

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oh? I've never played Thracia, so I'm curious why you say Leif.

(They could also very easily do this by simply adding in Levin Swords/Bolt Axes and giving those weapons the ability you just suggested). 

I'm forever salty that Felicia didn't come with Flame Shuriken to hit Res instead of Def in Heroes.

Leif signature weapon in FE5(his own game) is the Light Sword, which is basically Elixir with 60 use tied into a weapon that attacks normally in melee, and attacks with Light Magic on Range

Leif actually is also the most magically inclined lord aside from Micaiah. The promoted version of Leif in FE4 is able to wield every single weapon except for high ranked Light and Dark Magic, and Legendary Weapons. He's called the Sage King for a reason

13 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oh? I've never played Thracia, so I'm curious why you say Leif.

(They could also very easily do this by simply adding in Levin Swords/Bolt Axes and giving those weapons the ability you just suggested). 

I'm forever salty that Felicia didn't come with Flame Shuriken to hit Res instead of Def in Heroes.

Light Sword is exclusive to Leaf, and he came with it iirc. I haven't played Thracia, either. I just know the weapon is tied to Leif and it would be a good way to introduce the mechanic.

Edited by Suichimo

11 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I believe that the Light Brand is Leif's personal sword, or is mostly strongly associated with him, and it casts magic at a distance.

yeah, only he can use it in FE5, though in FE4 anyone could use it if they had the right sword rank

still it belonged to his mom initially and if you didn't give it to anyone else it'd get passed on to him so i'd say it's associated with him enough to be his

although I think lloyd (?) also used it in fe7 so he could have it too

but I think it's more likely that they'd give it to leaf

edit: fuck it was linus not lloyd 

Edited by unique

1 minute ago, unique said:

yeah, only he can use it in FE5, though in FE4 anyone could use it if they had the right sword rank
still it belonged to his mom initially and if you didn't give it to anyone else it'd get passed on to him so i'd say it's associated with him enough to be his

although I think lloyd (?) also used it in fe7 so he could have it too
but I think it's more likely that they'd give it to leaf

edit: fuck it was linus not lloyd 

I was expecting Ethlyn to maybe getting the Light Brand in Heroes, but after the L&L debacle my hopes and dreams are shattered.
Apparently Jugdrali troubadours didn't exist.

Leif as a Res-hitting sword will basically be a manakete but weak to Swordbreaker instead of Falchion. I'd be interested to see how and whether it works.

I wish Linus gets a tomahawk in Heroes, a strong axe with built-in Distant Counter. Everybody must despair.
Lloyd was supposed to get the Regal SwordBlade as per FE7 finale, wasn't he? It wasn't anything special but might become a buffed brave here.

Leif only other option is Ragnell  Blaggi Sword which in FE5 is only used for him to fight Black Knight anyway

And that one is even more dodgy since Mist Nanna, Felgus and Delmud can also wield it and canonically it allows any HB user, but two actual HB in FE5 can't use it for some reason

Edited by JSND

6 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Also, while we're at it, what other weapon effects do you want to see in general?

Off the top of my head,

• Venge weapons from Fates (increased damage when counterattacking)
  • the weapon triangle reversing weapons from GBA (These probably wouldn't stack with Triangle Adept)
  • Hand Axe/Tomahawk and Javelin/Spear (some limitations to prevent them from becoming too OP should be in place, maybe make them unable to double attack at range 2?)
  • Longbow and ranged tomes like Bolting (same as the above, there should be some limitations. Maybe make them unable to attack/counterattack at range 2? I'm seeing ranged tomes as essentially a magical Longbow here)
  • magic swords hitting res
  • Weapons with inbuilt Luna or Moonbow (I recall there being a tome like this in some of the gba games, with 0 might)

What if these ranged weapons just become 2 range in heroes? Tomes have gotten this treatment so I don't think why physical ranged weapons would get another implementation.

I think Leif will end up being a sword lord with ranged combat dealing magical dmg. I think Saizo or Felicia will get their flame shuriken variant, or petrine will come with her flame lance, etc. Actually who will get tomahawk? Linus or caellach?

25 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

What if these ranged weapons just become 2 range in heroes? Tomes have gotten this treatment so I don't think why physical ranged weapons would get another implementation.

That could very well happen. I forgot to add it on that list, but I was thinking of Javelins etc. as either a spear/axe with distant counter effect or a ranged spear/axe with close counter (the latter sounds kind of weird in heroes, but I feel like it would fit how the throwing weapons tend to be used in the games they appear in). So basically inheritable Raijinto/Siegfried.

And additional limitations should be there because those as inheritable weapons would be pretty silly (though low enough Might might (heh) be enough).

Honestly if they would give an alternative character, i'd rather get Millitary Commander Felicia than Flame Shuriken Felicia

Fates made a shit tons of reference at her being a combat expert and a prodigy at handling weapons since her youth. Her ending mentioned she ended up using her skills as a figter later on in the future. Yet what we got is a magically inclined maid who are better off running magical oriented class, stayed as a maid, or got Dark Knight or Malig Knight to finally shows that the game isn't lying

The closest we got to Felicia's combat skill is her ability to get 4 out of 6 Breaker with her extended class set, and thats simply not enough to live up to the hype she build in support convo. Thats like hyping up Anri to hell and back and have his playable appearance not be a hardcore badass who can one man army through hell and back

Edited by JSND

My Marth is lv. 40 again now, though he still needs an offensive skill. I also started leveling up female Robin again since I made her 4 star.

And I'm winning in the arena a lot again now, but I still have one issue and that's not losing people. I can't seem to make any battle deathless. I can win consistently with only losing one character, but I still lose someone... I'll figure it out though.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My Marth is lv. 40 again now, though he still needs an offensive skill. I also started leveling up female Robin again since I made her 4 star.

And I'm winning in the arena a lot again now, but I still have one issue and that's not losing people. I can't seem to make any battle deathless. I can win consistently with only losing one character, but I still lose someone... I'll figure it out though.

Happy to see things are looking up for you :)

I never said congrats for your Marth so, congrats!

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Happy to see things are looking up for you :)

I never said congrats for your Marth so, congrats!

Yeah, his lower speed isn't hurting him much either. I do wish he'd double Camillas since Palla did so pretty handily, but at least neither he nor Freddy takes a hit from her.

I can't wait until I give Freddy Def+3. I have two other characters whose skills will boost his def further too. That'll be 42 def to start with, then add 7 or 8 more def through those characters' skills and he'll go into combat with like 50 def! This is my goal, to make an untouchable Freddy Bear that brushes off everything that isn't magic. Heh heh.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

I can't wait until I give Freddy Def+3. I have two other characters whose skills will boost his def further too. That'll be 42 def to start with, then add 7 or 8 more def through those characters' skills and he'll go into combat with like 50 def! This is my goal, to make an untouchable Freddy Bear that doinks everything that isn't magic. Heh heh.

50 defense? Sounds super busted lol

Make sure you take a picture of him taking 0 damage from a sword user or something ;)

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

50 defense? Sounds super busted lol

Make sure you take a picture of him taking 0 damage from a sword user or something ;)

I can try! lol

And yeah, male Robin's Spur Def 3 will add +4 right now, and Sakura's Fortify Def 2 adds +3. Fortify Def 3 will add a bit more if I ever upgrade her, which I might just for this...haha. Unless I pull a 5 star of her someday. I just hope that if I were to merge my 4 star Sakura with her, that she'll get all the skills I had the 4 star inherit (she got Pain and Heavenly Light).

Edited by Anacybele

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I can't wait until I give Freddy Def+3. I have two other characters whose skills will boost his def further too. That'll be 42 def to start with, then add 7 or 8 more def through those characters' skills and he'll go into combat with like 50 def! This is my goal, to make an untouchable Freddy Bear that brushes off everything that isn't magic. Heh heh.

Oh geez 50 defense Freddy sounds scary. Especially since my Lucina has 50 attack. XD
Is there a reason why you chose Def+3 over Armored Blow 3 (gives +6 defense if unit initiates attack)?

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

Oh geez 50 defense Freddy sounds scary. Especially since my Lucina has 50 attack. XD
Is there a reason why you chose Def+3 over Armored Blow 3 (gives +6 defense if unit initiates attack)?

I didn't know Armored Blow existed. xP But I'll take that instead then! Who gets it naturally?

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't know Armored Blow existed. xP But I'll take that instead then! Who gets it naturally?

Gunter does, but you need him 5* to get the 3 version, Catria has it at 4*, and young tiki has it at 5*

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Catria gets Armored Blow 3 at 4 stars. That's your best option sadly.
Meanwhile Gunter and Young Tiki both get that fully unlocked at 5 stars.

I mean I do find it to be the better option. However, I wouldn't bother trying to promote Gunter or Young Tiki, Rather, you're going to have to be pretty lucky with your summoning sessions. Def+3 is fine though if you aren't willing to.