Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

If your rank is always your highest rank, then the first person who does an arena battle after reset will be #1.

So? I don't see why that would be a problem. It's not like I'm saying only a total of one person can ever be no. 1 at one time. Rankings dropping is still unfair to players like me who can almost never get a ranking in the arena.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Anacybele said:

So? I don't see why that would be a problem. Rankings dropping is still unfair to players like me who can almost never get a ranking in the arena.

You don't see a problem with basically 100k people being at the #1 slot? (The first person will always be #1, since they were first. Then the first person who pass them will also be #1. And so will the first person who passĀ them, and so on.)

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

You don't see a problem with basically 100k people being at the #1 slot? (The first person will always be #1, since they were first. Then the first person who pass them will also be #1. And so will the first person who passĀ them, and so on.)

No. More feathers for all those people! What's the problem in that? I'm sick of not getting an arena ranking when a score of over 3000 really should suffice.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It makes zero sense and is unrewarding. Because like I said, you put in work for that high ranking only to lose it. That's unfair to everyone.

That is, however, how player versus player rankings work. Just like how in sports your standing isn't based only on how you do, but also on how others do.

That said, I do agree with you it's sad to see your ranking go down or become "unranked". Personally, I wish they increased the amount of ranks that gave feathers

Ā 

No. More feathers for all those people! What's the problem in that?

If #1 rank doesn't mean anything, naturally feather rewards will be adjusted downwards. (But Nintendo won't ever do what you're suggesting, for good reason, so it doesn't really matter.)

Just now, Sylphid said:

That said, I do agree with you it's sad to see your ranking go down or become "unranked". Personally, I wish they increased the amount of ranks that gave feathers

I would be alright with this too. Since like I said, I pretty much never get a ranking and I've had scores of over 3000.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So? I don't see why that would be a problem. It's not like I'm saying only a total of one person can ever be no. 1 at one time. Rankings dropping is still unfair to players like me who can almost never get a ranking in the arena.

That's your personal score.Ā  You already get feathers for that.Ā  The ranking is the competitive aspect of the game.Ā  Competition is only supposed to be fair insofar as cheating isn't permitted.Ā  Beyond that, the entire point of competition is to compete.

Just now, GinRei said:

That's your personal score.Ā  You already get feathers for that.Ā  The ranking is the competitive aspect of the game.Ā  Competition is only supposed to be fair insofar as cheating isn't permitted.Ā  Beyond that, the entire point of competition is to compete.

But when you literally can't compete, there's a problem.

Just now, Sylphid said:

In this particular case though, you can compete but your opponents are just stronger.

Far too strong. It's unfair, like I said.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But when you literally can't compete, there's a problem.

You can compete.Ā  You just aren't winning.Ā  Literally not being able to compete would be if it actually locked you out of the arena for failing to rank the previous week.Ā  Or locking the arena as soon as 100k people have entered.Ā  Neither of those is the case.Ā  They aren't going to make "competitive rank against other players" into another personal score.Ā  That's not how competition works.

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Perhaps you need to change your team to fight easier opponents.Ā  It's what I did.Ā  Lower maximum points per fight, but the chance of losing a unit (and thus, losing over 100 points per fight) drops drastically.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, that's the point of the rankings, minus the unfair part. It's not a measure of just wits in playing the game. If people weren't ranked for how good they are, why bother having a ranking system at all?

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You're basically saying that someone who has spent the time and/or money and/or free orbs to compose and build a team optimized for competition has no right to getĀ better rewards than you.

2 minutes ago, GinRei said:

Perhaps you need to change your team to fight easier opponents.Ā  It's what I did.Ā  Lower maximum points per fight, but the chance of losing a unit (and thus, losing over 100 points per fight) drops drastically.

Except doing beginner and intermediate battles doesn't get me much higher than 3000. And if that doesn't get me a ranking right now, why should I expect it to in the future?

EDIT: @Ice Dragon lolwut? Where did you get that idea? I never said such a stupid thing at all.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

If the competition in the arena is too strong for you, that's something I can't help you with (from what I remember from earlier in this thread and the arena thread, you've received some help from others already I believe?). But as long as the others aren't cheating it's a fair competition.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No. More feathers for all those people! What's the problem in that? I'm sick of not getting an arena ranking when a score of over 3000 really should suffice.

Considering there are people on this forum who can get over 4,400, 3,000 wouldn't be enough, unfortunately.

What they need to do is separate the rankings by tier instead of mushing us all together. It's like forced assimilation. Or amalgamation........ one of those.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except doing beginner and intermediate battles doesn't get me much higher than 3000. And if that doesn't get me a ranking right now, why should I expect it to in the future?

EDIT: @Ice Dragon lolwut? Where did you get that idea? I never said such a stupid thing at all.

"Unfair" means that you either (1) don't believe they should receive what they do or (2) believe you should receive the same that they do, hence that they have no right to their rewards.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Considering there are people on this forum who can get over 4,400, 3,000 wouldn't be enough, unfortunately.

What they need to do is separate the rankings by tier instead of mushing us all together. It's like forced assimilation. Or amalgamation........ one of those.

Separating by tier would mean late joiners have a huge advantage, though, since you advance in tier as long as you participate in arena, more or less.

Edit: I canĀ sort ofĀ see how increasing the ranks that give feathers would help, but really, the unranked 4k+ feather rewards and the defense feather rewards are more than good enough without having to do that. Not to mention the amount of non-arena feathers we get. A gauntlet gives that, almost 5-10k feathers?

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Unfair" means that you either (1) don't believe they should receive what they do or (2) believe you should receive the same that they do, hence that they have no right to their rewards.

I was never saying either of those things at all. So once again, you're wrong. All I'm saying is that I feel players like me deserve a bit more for our efforts. I'm not saying I deserve the same ranking as everyone else or that everyone else deserves less.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

But it should be, imo, since it's pretty high. Everybody getting scores of like 4600 also puts new players at a major disadvantage.

Edited by Anacybele

You obviously do advanced, not intermediate.Ā  That's how people are ranking.Ā  Your opponents are based on your BST.Ā  Build a team with a lower BST and you'll fight weaker opponents.Ā  Do this to win on advanced.

Ā 

I was never saying either of those things at all. So once again, you're wrong. All I'm saying is that I feel players like me deserve a bit more for our efforts. I'm not saying I deserve the same ranking as everyone else.

Then how is it unfair?Ā  You aren't even hitting the maximum personal score reward.Ā  There's where you can get more for your effort.

I was never saying either of those things at all. So once again, you're wrong. All I'm saying is that I feel players like me deserve a bit more for our efforts. I'm not saying I deserve the same ranking as everyone else or that everyone else deserves less.

*Shrugg* You can't measure effort or intent, only results. Most of us just click advanced every single battle and lazy our way to 4k plus. (At least, that's what I do. Not much point building an optimal line-up for now when April will change scoring drastically.)

Scoring is fine the way it is. It isn't too hard to get ranked, and even if you don't you can still get feathers because of the personal score system. In most games, its just the rankings and that's that. They are actually being rather generous.

But it should be, imo, since it's pretty high. Everybody getting scores of like 4600 also puts new players at a major disadvantage.

In a properly balanced game, you wouldn't want new players to be scoring as highly as people who had been playing from the start, so it makes sense that new players have to put in some work first.

Edited by immatx

I mean if you're not doing Advanced, then you can't really complain about not getting as much as the other people doing Advanced... Lack of 5*s doesn't create that big of a problem, because you'll still hit the 4k mark with Advanced.

Personally I just treat the feathers from my ranking as a bonus, and just focus on A) getting the best score I can, and B) getting the guaranteed 2,500 offense and 500 defense feathers every week.