Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

13 hours ago, Othin said:

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing. They've had plenty of 4-character VG banners before, so something's up.

Another possibility could be something to do with the anniversary, like a Hero Fest.

I admit that I hadn't thought about a Hero Fest, but I still think Mythic Banner since it starts on the same day as the gauntlet proper.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

24 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Eep, only just noticed it's the last day for the Ljubljana and Heroes quests and I haven't even started them. Zero kills with the Askr trio so far this month, go me.

Good luck killing ten armors with Sharena!

Good tip, thanks. Was throwing the trio at this week's Rival Domains but the three armours that spawn this week are Sheena, M Grima and Valbar. Sharena can only kill the latter for obvious reasons, but she's the only one of the trio at 5* at least.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

can't be bothered with that.
Honestly for the most part I hate all the beasts (In feh). not because they messs me up - they are just.. belgh to me. Leanne and Reyson  are the exception because they dance lol. 

Not many units non armor units can do guaranteed follow-ups though, especially on Player Phase, so Tibarn is pretty unique and can utilize that advantage that other units cannot. Edelgard, Dimitri, Ephraim, LL!Ephraim, DM!Ephraim, Hríd, and Yune and I think that is it for guaranteed doubles on Player Phase.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Not many units non armor units can do guaranteed follow-ups though, especially on Player Phase, so Tibarn is pretty unique and can utilize that advantage that other units cannot. Edelgard, Dimitri, Ephraim, LL!Ephraim, DM!Ephraim, Hríd, and Yune and I think that is it for guaranteed doubles on Player Phase.

honestly, and that's cool and all - but i still don't like how beasts work in general in the game. i'd rather use other units 

56 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I think you can do Sharena's Armor Quest in Zelgius' Heroic Ordeal

Ooh, good catch. I got the other orbs from it through Rival Domains, but I hadn't come up with a plan for that one and hadn't realized the time was so low. I've been able to auto-battle it, which is nice.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Eep, only just noticed it's the last day for the Ljubljana and Heroes quests and I haven't even started them. Zero kills with the Askr trio so far this month, go me.

Wait, wait, wait. When did Slovenia invade Askr? What the heck did I miss while I was off making dinner?

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Meanwhile, I have one orb taunting me because of my disposal of Peony. I suppose I deserved some sort of punishment for that.

46 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Wait, wait, wait. When did Slovenia invade Askr? What the heck did I miss while I was off making dinner?

While you are not watching your dinner, Ike, Stahl, and Effie ate it.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I remember at one point scheming of a +Spd Tibarn on a Dark blessing team with two Yunes, with Watersweep

For some reason, it's only just now occurring to me that I don't know why I assumed everyone even had access to Zelgius' Heroic Ordeal, byyyeee

I would have recommended BK's but it's only Lv30

54 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Meanwhile, I have one orb taunting me because of my disposal of Peony. I suppose I deserved some sort of punishment for that.

I'm only missing the Lv35+ Quests with Anna and Alfonse. No chance of those happening~ Only one of those is an Orb so not a huge loss~

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

The best part of the former Yugoslavia began plans for an emergency mass migration just in case conflict were to break out ever again in the Balkans. They largely stayed out of the ethnic conflict between the rest of the former Yugoslavia constituents, mostly b/c Slovenia was small, distant from the rest, and protected by the buffer of Croatia which was busy being murdered by and in turn murdering Serbia. But they don't want to gamble on peace in the region ever being eternal for them.

Slovenia was going to discuss the entirely peaceful emergency mass migration plans with Alfonse, but Loki and Plumcot interfered and cast a spell that made the Slovenes appear to the Askrians as if they were barbarians wearing blue body paint and bearskins, shouting obscenities in spoken binary code. It took a few battles for the spell to start slipping, the true situation be made apparent, and a resolution reached.

Didn't think my flippantry would turn into a history lesson, but that's neat.

Anyway, I slogged through the Anna quests by picking and choosing 9th Stratum matches (which I needed to do anyway for the monthly). Only after I was done did I notice she had the Fortress Res 1 seal equipped the entire time for some godforsaken reason. Whoops. Oh well, all done now.

9 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Just of curiosity... did you fodder/get rid of all free OC heroes? Fjorm, Eir and Peony? And even the ones that pity broke you in normal/legendary/mythic banners?

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Just of curiosity... did you fodder/get rid of all free OC heroes? Fjorm, Eir and Peony? And even the ones that pity broke you in normal/legendary/mythic banners?

Yes, I make sure to fodder all of them, free or otherwise. No exceptions except the Askr trio for obvious reasons:

Spoiler

cC6nF19.png

CL4kqgi.png

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Yes, I make sure to fodder all of them, free or otherwise. No exceptions except the Askr trio for obvious reasons:

...Dude, why? They're very useful units to have and some of the not-free ones are very good too, like Hrid. Peony is especially good to have though, because she's a free 5 star refresher and has excellent mobility. She and Eir also help in AR in Light season. Do you just not do AR at all or something? Because during Light week, if you don't use Peony and Eir, your score will be pretty low. You're badly limiting yourself in that mode by just foddering them all the time.

Now, I admit I've wanted to ditch a free unit on occasion... But not often. And certainly not every single OC.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...Dude, why? They're very useful units to have and some of the not-free ones are very good too, like Hrid. Peony is especially good to have though, because she's a free 5 star refresher and has excellent mobility. She and Eir also help in AR in Light season. Do you just not do AR at all or something? Because during Light week, if you don't use Peony and Eir, your score will be pretty low. You're badly limiting yourself in that mode by just foddering them all the time.

Now, I admit I've wanted to ditch a free unit on occasion... But not often. And certainly not every single OC.

ehhh i can  see why one would wanna kill Hrid. he's DC (and he's kinda crappy) - but that's an each their own to be totally fair with you - I used to think Fjorm was a mess (but i found a new appreciation for her). - but I was always kinda confused why every original character got the boot (to which i remember a friend here pointed out - theoretically every single FE unit at one time was an original character. so what makes Nephenee for example different from Fjorm, other than one was in Tellius and one is from.. Niffl. (wow i blanked out there). 

but. i will also say i like the consistency that they always get murdered lol

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

ehhh i can  see why one would wanna kill Hrid. he's DC (and he's kinda crappy) - but that's an each their own to be totally fair with you - I used to think Fjorm was a mess (but i found a new appreciation for her). - but I was always kinda confused why every original character got the boot (to which i remember a friend here pointed out - theoretically every single FE unit at one time was an original character. so what makes Nephenee for example different from Fjorm, other than one was in Tellius and one is from.. Niffl. (wow i blanked out there). 

but. i will also say i like the consistency that they always get murdered lol

Hrid's not crappy. He's very good. He has insanely high Atk, can often double despite his crappy Spd because of his weapon, and as you pointed out, he has Distant Counter. His Res is decent enough to make use of it too, and he can get horse buffs on top of that. That DC also makes him good fodder, yeah, but if you get a +Atk Hrid, he ought to be built up and used in battles. Any bane is fine, though -Spd is the most ideal. But that insane Atk will be quite helpful.

Though I admit, my very first Hrid just so happened to be +Atk, -Spd, so... 😛

EDIT: So he just hates OCs because they're OCs? That's petty and closed-minded. But I guess if there's no changing his mind, he can go limit himself then.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

The short answer regarding Aether Raids is that I fucking despise it but still play it out of necessity (Haar and picnic Leo weren’t going to +10 themselves).

To elaborate, I put in only the minimum effort possible in AR in that I only work to maintain a spot in Tier 18. I refuse to put in anymore effort than that and climb higher because that mode doesn’t deserve it.

So in other words, the benefits that Eir and Peony provide in AR is more or less worthless to me. And since I also have legendary Azura, Peony was perfectly expendable. Really, all of them were when I already have so much other characters to work with.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

The short answer regarding Aether Raids is that I fucking despise it but still play it out of necessity (Haar and picnic Leo weren’t going to +10 themselves).

To elaborate, I put in only the minimum effort possible in AR in that I only work to maintain a spot in Tier 18. I refuse to put in anymore effort than that and climb higher because that mode doesn’t deserve it.

So in other words, the benefits that Eir and Peony provide in AR is more or less worthless to me. And since I also have legendary Azura, Peony was perfectly expendable. Really, all of them were when I already have so much other characters to work with.

Well, okay then. It's your choice. Though I kind of only do AR out of necessity too, as I don't like the mode much myself.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Hrid's not crappy. He's very good. He has insanely high Atk, can often double despite his crappy Spd because of his weapon, and as you pointed out, he has Distant Counter. His Res is decent enough to make use of it too, and he can get horse buffs on top of that. That DC also makes him good fodder, yeah, but if you get a +Atk Hrid, he ought to be built up and used in battles. Any bane is fine, though -Spd is the most ideal. But that insane Atk will be quite helpful.

Though I admit, my very first Hrid just so happened to be +Atk, -Spd, so... 😛

EDIT: So he just hates OCs because they're OCs? That's petty and closed-minded. But I guess if there's no changing his mind, he can go limit himself then.

right. which makes him fodder. 
though. i honestly just think he's sucky. but that's me. but i know you like him - and it wasn't a dig, honest, i just never like the guy but if i ever get him (again) he gets fed to my units that can benefit from that sweet sweet DC.

35 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

true (does anyone legitimately like AR? I think i know one person, and that's about it). 

but Peony's everything order/goad is pretty spiffy too.