Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm facing a lot of units that I didn't before, I can tell you that. This is the first time I've seen Reinhardt in the arena. If he's going to be a common thing, I'm going to take Frederick out for female Robin. I hate to do that, but Reinhardt will always get to Frederick before Frederick can get to him due to mounted tome range.

Do you just... rush into battle and hope the enemy can't kill you or something?  Unless he's part of a Horse Emblem team, his movement speed should be getting him away from everyone else.  In doing so, you just stand outside of his range and then move in to kill him when he gets close, before he can even attack.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Ah, yeah, Reinhardt is terrifying. 

A properly built Reinhardt can OHKO all reds, blues, and colorless and about half of all the greens in the game by himself. 

It's possible for a Rein to even OHKO Hector without buffs if he has Draconic Aura :O

On the bright side, Frederick does OHKO Reinhardt if he can get to him, but if you're finding that difficult, then yeah F!Robin counters Rein pretty handily. 

Draconic Aura, hmmm...

*Strokes worried looking Reinahrdt*

I really need to look into builds. I have so many good units who are all vanilla 'cos I'm too scared to start using up units and wasting sp xD I need to really get out there and do it! Ryoma and Reinhardt are both on my main arena team and apparently they're beastly when correctly built. I need to use my boys better :(

3 minutes ago, GinRei said:

Do you just... rush into battle and hope the enemy can't kill you or something?  Unless he's part of a Horse Emblem team, his movement speed should be getting him away from everyone else.  In doing so, you just stand outside of his range and then move in to kill him when he gets close, before he can even attack.

Of course not, I'm not an idiot.

And not from Reinhardt. Did you forget that he's a mounted mage? He has more range than Frederick.

His range is 2, plus 3 movement.  Frederick's range is 1, plus 3 movement.  So sit 6 spots away from him, he'll move 3 to get close and not attack, and then you move 3 and attack.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Of course not, I'm not an idiot.

And not from Reinhardt. Did you forget that he's a mounted mage? He has more range than Frederick.

It's incredibly difficult to take on Rein with melee units, but he's pretty easy prey for mages. 

I would keep your team as is and see if you continue to run into Rein (or high-damage mages like him), and if you do, then replacing someone else on your team (maybe Sakura?) with another mage, like F!Robin, may be better for you. 

I'm really sorry to hear that the Arena changes aren't working out for you though :( they've certainly made things easier for a lot of others (myself included), but I suppose the matchmaking system still has kinks to work out. 

I'm definitely looking forward to pulling on World of Shadows, since I need to pull blue for best peg Claire to fill some niches in my roster, as well as picking up units like Florina and Shanna that I'm still missing for Skill Inheritance. I'm not too familair with Gaiden, but I'm nonetheless excited about getting Echoes in May. Here's hoping Alm is packing some Spd or a high Atk rating, since with Falchion he's going to compete directly with Lucina for a teamslot. I'd pull for Faye too, but the Colorless pool is too awful to risk burning orbs on.

And @Anacybele, it's not just you. Removing Fury from stat total calculations is causing teams to face more stacked opponents compared to pre-patch, though there are still some anomalies like fully stacked teams getting matched against vanilla opponents, so what exactly is going on is unclear. No one wants to see you talk down to yourself like that, though. You won't get better with that mindset. Hopefully this wasn't what the developers intended and a fix could very well be coming our way.

Edited by MrSmokestack

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's incredibly difficult to take on Rein with melee units, but he's pretty easy prey for mages. 

I would keep your team as is and see if you continue to run into Rein (or high-damage mages like him), and if you do, then replacing someone else on your team (maybe Sakura?) with another mage, like F!Robin, may be better for you. 

I'm really sorry to hear that the Arena changes aren't working out for you though :( they've certainly made things easier for a lot of others (myself included), but I suppose the matchmaking system still has kinks to work out. 

I replaced Sakura earlier, didn't make a difference. Female Robin hasn't made a difference either, as I'm not seeing Reinhardt anymore. The arena just fucking sucks and IS has no clue how to do one.

@MrSmokestack Oh, so other people are having the same matchup issues I am? Because yeah, I seem to be getting put against 5 star fully stacked teams when I brought in an all 4 star team at one point.

Also, Fae is a green dragon, not a colorless. Why do you want her though? Or did you mean Faye?

Edited by Anacybele

The current Arena only gave me issue when a wield Kagero appeared

Although when she does, i might as well concede. I could run YOLOWOOD(if he can't braveless one shot Kagero, no one can) Gunter but not having Triangle Adept on him made me reconsider somehow

Hoping next season is an affordable Lance, because Michs didn't really do much if i don't 5 him

Edited by JSND

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'm definitely looking forward to pulling on World of Shadows, since I need to pull blue for best peg Claire to fill some niches in my roster, as well as picking up units like Florina and Shanna that I'm still missing for Skill Inheritance. I'm not too familair with Gaiden, but I'm nonetheless excited about getting Echoes in May. Here's hoping Alm is packing some Spd or a high Atk rating, since with Falchion he's going to compete directly with Lucina for a teamslot. I'd pull for Fae too, but the Colorless pool is too awful to risk burning orbs on.

I'm going to assume Alm is going to essentially be a better Chrom, since I don't imagine anyone wielding a sword that large is going anywhere fast (plus the video showed off him having Draconic Aura, which implies a high base attack). 

And don't worry, if you wanted to pull for Fae, you're better off trying the green pool :P

Spoiler

Joking aside, I'm also unsure if I want to pull for Faye or not. She's hella cute, but the colorless pool is rather daunting. Then again, I could use some 4* Kleins for Death Blow fodder, so it might not be so bad. 

EDIT: @JSND It's obviously not confirmed yet, but there's a decent chance Sharena will be a bonus hero next season since we had Anna then Alfonse the last two rotations. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

@MrSmokestack Oh, so other people are having the same matchup issues I am? Because yeah, I seem to be getting put against 5 star fully stacked teams when I brought in an all 4 star team at one point.

Also, Fae is a green dragon, not a colorless. Why do you want her though? Or did you mean Faye?

Yeah, I meant Faye, my bad. I do have Fae as a 5* already though. I'm curious about the bow Faye uses more than anything, but I like her design too.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Yeah, I meant Faye, my bad. I do have Fae as a 5* already though. I'm curious about the bow Faye uses more than anything, but I like her design too.

Is the Wary Fighter bow any good at all?

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

...The what now? I definitely missed something then, but could you elaborate on that?

incoming unit Faye will exist, and her bow will include innate Wary Fighter 2.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Effective against fliers. Unit and enemies cannot use counterattacks.

That... doesn't look like wary fighter. No counter =/= no follow up, unless the translation's wrong?

Ah fuck, I must have screwed (as I'm prone to). Right, Cancel bow is much more interesting than Wary Fighter bow.

17 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

And @Anacybele, it's not just you. Removing Fury from stat total calculations is causing teams to face more stacked opponents compared to pre-patch, thought there are still some anomalies like fully stacked teams getting matched against vanilla opponents, so what exactly is going on is unclear. No one wants to see you talk down to yourself like that, though. You won't get better with that mindset. Hopefully this wasn't what the developers intended and a fix could very well be coming our way.

I think people without high + merges on their units have all kinda been equalized. Pre-patch, I was running +1 Lucina (with Fury), Nino (with Fury), Spring Chrom, and Ninian (with Fury.) I'd often see high merged mages and each match was typically between 654-668. Now, I don't run into many merged units anymore, but I'm scoring 670s per match now. At least for me, the arena has gotten dramatically easier. So combined with what you and Ana are saying, it seems that a lot of stuff has been leveled. 

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Effective against fliers. Unit and enemies cannot use counterattacks.

That... doesn't look like wary fighter. No counter =/= no follow up, unless the translation's wrong?

I'd say the description is kinda ambiguous. We probably need to see the real deal.

Also, I imagine that Hit and Run is actually Hit and Suicide in most situation, lol.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Ah fuck, I must have screwed (as I'm prone to). Right, Cancel bow is much more interesting than Wary Fighter bow.

That's a whole new skill...boy i wish we had access to the verbage. If it's not Wary Fighter, it's Cancel Bow, which is like you said, Interesting, but it's arguably a PP tool only. Helpful for chip but I can't see it making a long lasting impact with its negative utility

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

Theres a sort of data on Alm's skillset and he's basically Seliph

Lukas is Abel with Cain skillset lol

Hopefully Alm is actually more speedy than Seliph and Chrom.

Interesting that he comes with Vengeance. He used Dragon Gaze in the trailer.

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

Theres a sort of data on Alm's skillset and he's basically Seliph

Lukas is Abel with Cain skillset lol

Like Seliph as in stats? Or in skills. If skills what does he get?

Just now, Elieson said:

That's a whole new skill...boy i wish we had access to the verbage. If it's not Wary Fighter, it's Cancel Bow, which is like you said, Interesting, but it's arguably a PP tool only. Helpful for chip but I can't see it making a long lasting impact with its negative utility

Hmm, we'd have to see its stats, but I can't see this being more useful than a Brave Bow+. The 2/4 hits you get on that can prevent enemies from countering (the only advantage here is that you can presumably negate Vantage), and you can at least counter on EP with the Brave Bow (though you really don't want to get attacked.)