Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Well, one thing about having this Klein that's pretty nice is that I now have one 5 star of each color including colorless, so my 5 star party is entirely balanced. Bunny Xander is still meh as a unit though, so I can't wait to upgrade male Robin and Sharena to 5 star.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Well, one thing about having this Klein that's pretty nice is that I now have one 5 star of each color including colorless, so my 5 star party is entirely balanced. Bunny Xander is still meh as a unit though, so I can't wait to upgrade male Robin and Sharena to 5 star.

Yay glad things are finally getting better for you!

Spoiler

When your battery is on 8% and you see a post you want to reply to

Spoiler

Now it's on 7%

3 minutes ago, salinea said:

You know who should have had their wo dao and I'm miffed they don't? Fir.

Now that would have been a nice source of wo dao for everybody and would have made sense.

Huh, there should've existed two wo daos, right? Karla's, wielded by her and, logically, Fir, and Karel's, wielded by him.
Karel, give your niece her rightful sabre, don't be a dick!

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yay glad things are finally getting better for you!

Reveal hidden contents

When your battery is on 8% and you see a post you want to reply to

Reveal hidden contents

Now it's on 7%

They are indeed when you include all the skill fodder I got for Freddy in these pulls too! He's extra dangerous now!

Sadly though, he can't have both Axebreaker AND Quick Reposte, as both are B skills. I belatedly noticed that, but I'm content with Axebreaker. Last things I'll do for him are getting someone with Armored Blow 3 (since I could only get up to Armored Blow 2 out of Gunter without blowing 20,000 feathers on him) and an extra Bonfire unit. I'm keeping the adult Tiki I pulled since I desperately needed a good red magic damage unit.

Though she's also +HP, -res. I'm tired of -res! Ugh.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Karel, give your niece her rightful sabre, don't be a dick!

I'd rather Karel Keep the Wo Dao exclusive for as long as possible. He's just the greatest!

Spoiler

Dat long black hair

Spoiler

Those intriguing yellow eyes

Spoiler

Not to mention the wo Dao as well, it's even in his picture. Makes him look Xtra Xexy.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They are indeed when you include all the skill fodder I got for Freddy in these pulls too! He's extra dangerous now!

Sadly though, he can't have both Axebreaker AND Quick Reposte, as both are B skills. I belatedly noticed that, but I'm content with Axebreaker. Last things I'll do for him are getting someone with Armored Blow 3 (since I could only get up to Armored Blow 2 out of Gunter without blowing 20,000 feathers on him) and an extra Bonfire unit. I'm keeping the adult Tiki I pulled since I desperately needed a good red magic damage unit.

If you keep Axebreaker on Frederick, Tiki would definitely like Quick Riposte, especially since she has a 1-2 range weapon and the bulk to use it. Do you know what her nature is?

3 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

If you keep Axebreaker on Frederick, Tiki would definitely like Quick Riposte, especially since she has a 1-2 range weapon and the bulk to use it. Do you know what her nature is?

Yeah.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Though she's also +HP, -res. I'm tired of -res! Ugh.

I'm going to see if I don't eventually pull a red magic unit that I like more in the future though.

Yeah.

I'm going to see if I don't eventually pull a red magic unit that I like more in the future though.

Heh +Hp -res, just like my Robin

Consider giving her HP+3 Seal if you really want to make her useful.

Other than that, you said it. Just be patient ad wait for something better in the future!

Just now, Arcanite said:

Heh +Hp -res, just like my Robin

Consider giving her HP+3 Seal if you really want to make her useful.

Other than that, you said it. Just be patient ad wait for something better in the future!

Yeah, and I already gave my male Robin the HP+3 seal anyway.

Yeah, and I already gave my male Robin the HP+3 seal anyway.

You could always switch it if you're not using him and want to use her instead, but I understand of you want it to stay on him because he's a staple on your team

@Arcanite @Vaximillian @salinea Navarre has a +2 Spd and +1 Atk lead over Karel, assuming both are neutral. Whether Karel takes +Atk or +Spd Navarre still fares better. Should have explained myself a bit better, sorry.

@JSND I personally think the title of best Myrmidon is a tie between Hana and Lon'qu, since Hana has +6 Atk over him while he has 39 Spd in neutral. Best rolls for each are +Spd Hana and +Atk Lon'qu, though.

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You could always switch it if you're not using him and want to use her instead, but I understand of you want it to stay on him because he's a staple on your team

Yeah, I know, but for now I'd like to keep it on male Robin.

I also pulled Lon'qu btw, another character I like. I realize he has Vantage, but I'm not giving him up. If I pull a spare Lon'qu, maybe. And damn I love Travis Willingham. Dat voice is awesome.

This Lon'qu is neutral, awesome.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah.

It hurts her magical tanking abilities a bit, but it does increase her physical bulk, which is where she really shines. With Fred's Fortify  Def, she'll hit 38 Def and will attack twice with 46 Atk which will definitely help you against physical units with poor res. Keep her away from Falchion users and Julia, though she can deal with the latter one with Triangle Adept in a pinch. So she'll definitely be useful in cases where a Red magic user is preferable. 

2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

It hurts her magical tanking abilities a bit, but it does increase her physical bulk, which is where she really shines. With Fred's Fortify  Def, she'll hit 38 Def and will attack twice with 46 Atk which will definitely help you against physical units with poor res. Keep her away from Falchion users and Julia, though she can deal with the latter one with Triangle Adept in a pinch. So she'll definitely be useful in cases where a Red magic user is preferable. 

Sounds about right.

But my god is her voice stupid as hell. Why does she sound British? That's just completely weird on a dragon character.

@Anacybele First of all, congratulations on your two 5*s! Regardless of who they are, getting two 5*s in as many pulls as you did is good luck, and I would consider it a good sign.

In any case, I'm not going to try super hard to convince you to use Klein if you simply don't like him as a character. However, as a unit, a good Klein will nearly always be better than an equally good Jeorge or Faye. His -res really doesn't matter because if you play Klein correctly he shouldn't really be getting hit anyways (Quick Riposte is counterintuitive, and I personally would replace it with a -breaker to give him guaranteed 4 hits on a type you don't like, which will instantly delete them). Not to mention, Klein's nature really doesn't matter unless he's -atk, which yours isn't. On player phase, Klein can one-shot just about nearly every single mage in the game (even if he's +HP like yours), and is honestly a better overall answer to your mage problem than any other unit you've pulled thus far. Also, I went ahead and put both Klein's and Jeorge's matchup spread (with your natures) in general calculators, and Klein gets TWICE the kills Jeorge does, even with his nature. 

Again, if you just really don't like Klein and don't want to use him, then I won't continue to try to convince you. But I would recommend giving him the fair chance he deserves at least, especially since he's one of your few 5*s. 

On the bright side, it seems you do quite like Jeorge, and while I favor Klein more as a unit, Jeorge is pretty solid himself. No matter what happens, it seems like you got a solid set of 5*s, so I'm happy for you!

Also, as a note: I understand how frustrating it might seem to constantly get -res when your team in particular is weak to mages. However, in general, -res is not only a good bane but is even considered the best bane on most people. People generally favor specialized natures that boost their strengths even more and make their weaknesses worse too. Frederick, for example, would love a -res nature precisely because he's so weak to mages. Mages devour him even if he's not -res, so it's better for him to take -res to avoid losing points in his other, more important stats.

I do hope that, in the future, you are able to roll a good mage counter that isn't -res to patch up that hole on your team, but just in general -res is not only a good bane to have but is a really good bane to have. In fact, -res is the optimal, best possible bane to have for most characters and builds. So it's not as bad as you think. It only seems that way because you haven't found your perfect mage counter yet, but once you do, I think you'll appreciate the characters you have a lot more!

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Anacybele First of all, congratulations on your two 5*s! Regardless of who they are, getting two 5*s in as many pulls as you did is good luck, and I would consider it a good sign.

In any case, I'm not going to try super hard to convince you to use Klein if you simply don't like him as a character. However, as a unit, a good Klein will nearly always be better than an equally good Jeorge or Faye. His -res really doesn't matter because if you play Klein correctly he shouldn't really be getting hit anyways (Quick Riposte is counterintuitive, and I personally would replace it with a -breaker to give him guaranteed 4 hits on a type you don't like, which will instantly delete them). Not to mention, Klein's nature really doesn't matter unless he's -atk, which yours isn't. On player phase, Klein can one-shot just about nearly every single mage in the game (even if he's +HP like yours), and is honestly a better overall answer to your mage problem than any other unit you've pulled thus far. Also, I went ahead and put both Klein's and Jeorge's matchup spread (with your natures) in general calculators, and Klein gets TWICE the kills Jeorge does, even with his nature. 

Again, if you just really don't like Klein and don't want to use him, then I won't continue to try to convince you. But I would recommend giving him the fair chance he deserves at least, especially since he's one of your few 5*s. 

On the bright side, it seems you do quite like Jeorge, and while I favor Klein more as a unit, Jeorge is pretty solid himself. No matter what happens, it seems like you got a solid set of 5*s, so I'm happy for you!

Also, as a note: I understand how frustrating it might seem to constantly get -res when your team in particular is weak to mages. However, in general, -res is not only a good bane but is even considered the best bane on most people. People generally favor specialized natures that boost their strengths even more and make their weaknesses worse too. Frederick, for example, would love a -res nature precisely because he's so weak to mages. Mages devour him even if he's not -res, so it's better for him to take -res to avoid losing points in his other, more important stats.

I do hope that, in the future, you are able to roll a good mage counter that isn't -res to patch up that hole on your team, but just in general -res is not only a good bane to have but is a really good bane to have. In fact, -res is the optimal, best possible bane to have for most characters and builds. So it's not as bad as you think. It only seems that way because you haven't found your perfect mage counter yet, but once you do, I think you'll appreciate the characters you have a lot more!

Um, what? I never said I pulled two 5 stars. Only Klein is 5 star. Jeorge is 4 star. I specifically said I'll probably upgrade him.

I can't judge Klein as a character since I've never played his game and never want to, but his design is pretty meh and generic to me.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Um, what? I never said I pulled two 5 stars. Only Klein is 5 star. Jeorge is 4 star. I specifically said I'll probably upgrade him.

I can't judge Klein as a character since I've never played his game and never want to, but his design is pretty meh and generic to me.

Oh I see, I must have misread. Sorry, I only just woke up, so I'm still a bit drowsy.

In any case, give Klein a chance. If you like him, that's great! And if you don't, then there's still Jeorge in the back. 

Either way you win!

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oh I see, I must have misread. Sorry, I only just woke up, so I'm still a bit drowsy.

In any case, give Klein a chance. If you like him, that's great! And if you don't, then there's still Jeorge in the back. 

Either way you win!

Yep, you're definitely correct here.

Hmmm... Apparently Henry doesn't count as a red tome user Oo 

I've just completed the paralogue part 2 with Henry on my team. He didn't die, in case that matters (I didn't think it did anyway), and yet they decided not to give me the prize for completing paralogue part 2 with a red tome user on my secondary account. I got it fine using Sanaki on my main account. Maybe the game doesn't like Henry xD

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I'll have to test out both him and Jeorge.

Please please do this first before hating every characters that has suboptimal natures.

You'll save me a lot of tears, dear Ana. And an essay which would probably get show down in one sentence.

Just now, pianime94 said:

Please please do this first before hating every characters that has suboptimal natures.

You'll save me a lot of tears, dear Ana. And an essay which would probably get show down in one sentence.

lol, okay, okay. :P

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I've just completed the paralogue part 2 with Henry on my team. He didn't die, in case that matters (I didn't think it did anyway), and yet they decided not to give me the prize for completing paralogue part 2 with a red tome user on my secondary account. I got it fine using Sanaki on my main account. Maybe the game doesn't like Henry xD

There was a notice where they stated that there was a mistake in the quest. Its suppose to be a green tome user. 

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Honestly, I just read his supports, and I think he's kinda meh, too. Granted, I'm fairly sure that's most Binding Blade characters.

Klein is the Archery General of Etruria. Etruria is the Begnion of Elibe, and it has four generals (in the game, this is Douglas, Perceval, Cecilia and Klein). He has five supports, like most characters- except most of Klein's tend to put more focus on the other character. Tate's in love with him, Elphin is secretly Mildain, Perceval is a grouchy comrade (though that support had world-building), Dieck was an old mercenary that saved him from lions once, and Clarine is hopelessly in love with him.

Honestly, Klein is more famous for being a half-decent archer and his recruitment map being a pain in the butt. Also, he's the target of one of Fire Emblems incesty relationships (Klein/Clarine).

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Apparently there has been a typo in the game and you need a green tome user. I was quite suprised when I got it by using a Nino :).