Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Speaking of the starter lords, maybe I should burn my 20k feathers on one of them after all.

You must be drowning in 5 stars if you didn't 5 star Sharena yet

The only reason why I haven't 5 promoted mine is because Azura sort of does her job a little bit better

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You must be drowning in 5 stars if you didn't 5 star Sharena yet

The only reason why I haven't 5 promoted mine is because Azura sort of does her job a little bit better

Oh, I actually have 5* Sharena. I was talking about the other two.

And well, here:

Screenshot_20170508-130519_zpshjzsoupz.p

Not pictured: 5* Donnel fed to Effie, 5* Jaffar fed to Kagerou

The merged dudes are all just +1

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oh, I actually have 5* Sharena. I was talking about the other two.

Anna needs a little bit of inheritance, but she fills her role exceptionally well (Blue Res tank/nowi counter) and she NEVER gets doubled

Alfonse just sucks...

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Hurry up

Gotta go fast!

I can promote Anna and Sharena right now, but I want to save for 60k just for keks

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

You mean you want to save up to 60k so you can start on creating Ultimate Oboro

SHHHHHHHH!

Its supposed to be a surprise!!

Alfonse is actually a free budget Chrom. He had the exact thing you need to optimize Chrom from the get go.

Which is basically Sword Cherche

Thats not really bad, just mediocre as it gets.

I don't promote Sharena and i don't think i'm actually drowning in 5*. Problem i had with her is basically i can choose between Ursula and her for promo, so i choose Ursula. And a lot of my favorite in the series that i'm looking in the future is Lancer

Edited by JSND

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Sharena is better than Ultimate Oboro tbh

Excuse me, but who was asking you?

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

With you proclaiming your love for Oboro, I don't think that's anywhere close to a surprise... :P

Well its supposed to be a

"Oh hey guys, I did this yesterday!" type of deal

But yeah lets face it, people should be expecting it at this point XD

3 minutes ago, JSND said:

I don't promote Sharena and i don't think i'm actually drowning in 5*. Problem i had with her is basically i can choose between Ursula and her for promo, so i choose Ursula

I had Male Robin since launch so I never needed a blue to handle my problems

Also, Robin was #DatTakumiCounter so while everyone was crying about his power (Obvious exaggeration), I was like "Takumi who?"

Then I gave him Sword breaker

"Lucina who?"

22 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What I said was, I let you have those ten 5*s.

Oh, I get it. Hey thanks for the Titania by the way. I voted for her in the CYL event, and she hits blues like a truck which is what my teams were lacking.

And Alphonse is my best swordie right now. Only getting competition from Lyn, who's -Atk so she can't kill anything without astra ready. Alphonse has physical bulk and I gave him swordbreaker and draw back support skill to synergize with (5*)Klein. Together they knock out a lot of guys without having to sustain damage.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Excuse me, but who was asking you?

The world. It seeks the t r u t h

Just now, Gustavos said:

Oh, I get it. Hey thanks for the Titania by the way. I voted for her in the CYL event, and she hits blues like a truck which is what my teams were lacking.

I swiped the Ike

@Arcanite

Just Oboro [+Atk, -Spd/Res] (Killer Lance+, Reposition / Reciprocal Aid, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Threaten Someone 3 / Hone Something 3 / Fortify Something Else 3) and stand on a fortification tile.

58 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

@Gustavos 120 orbs:

Reveal hidden contents

Basically, a certain percentage of each of your pulls contributes to your total chance of getting one. Since you can't have .9 or less of a five star, you would keep calculating until you reach ONE or more!

First 20 orbs @ 8%. 20 orbs = 5 characters. 8% of 5 = .4

Second pull 20 orbs @8.5%. 20 orbs = 5 characters

8.5% of 5 = .425.

.425 + .4 = .825

So by now, you should have .825 of 1 five star

Third pull 20 orbs @ 9%. 20 orbs = 5 characters

9% of 5 = .45.

.825 + .45 = > 1 <.275. So on your third pull is when you should have gotten one five star 

Needless to say Gustavos, you were snookered!

I'm pretty sure this math is right. There is one other way to do this but it doesn't apply the percentage increase

120 orbs / 20 orbs/pull = 6 full pulls

6 full pulls * 5 heroes/pull = 30 heroes

8% chance of a 5 star multiplied by 30 heroes is 2.4. So you should have gotten 2 five stars from those pulls!

THIS MIGHT BE COMPLETELY WRONG BECAUSE I AM NOT 100% CONFIDENT IN MY MATH SKILLS

To put your doubts at ease, I'm pretty sure your calculations are correct. I'm a math student who hates statistics, so you know I'm right.

Yes, on 6 full pulls, you'd expect 30*0.08=2.4 5-star heroes. Actually a bit more, because of the pity percentage.

@Gustavos

I calculated the chance of not getting a single five star in 6 full pulls, and it would be about 3%. So yeah, that is some bad luck.

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The world. It seeks the t r u t h

Truth:

Oboro is the greatest

And there you have it 

8 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

And Alphonse is my best swordie right now. Only getting competition from Lyn, who's -Atk so she can't kill anything without astra ready. Alphonse has physical bulk and I gave him swordbreaker and draw back support skill to synergize with (5*)Klein. Together they knock out a lot of guys without having to sustain damage.

oof

-Atk Lyn? Yeah that's a little unfort.

You're not the only one who finds Alfonse useful, it's just that I already have Brash Assault Lyn so promoting Alenzo is unnecessary for me.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Just Oboro [+Atk, -Spd/Res] (Killer Lance+, Reposition / Reciprocal Aid, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Threaten Someone 3 / Hone Something 3 / Fortify Something Else 3) and stand on a fortification tile.

Why in the world do you always insist on assuming everyone has a Hector to throw away?

But I already have every single thing on this list (including a +Atk -Spd Oboro) except DC. She's just sitting there with 1k SP ready to spend hee hee hee

I might just grind even more SP for keks!

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

To put your doubts at ease, I'm pretty sure your calculations are correct. I'm a math student who hates statistics, so you know I'm right.

Yes, on 6 full pulls, you'd expect 30*0.08=2.4 5-star heroes. Actually a bit more, because of the pity percentage.

#FeelsGoodWhenYouKnowYoureActuallySmartSomeWhat

8 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I calculated the chance of not getting a single five star in 6 full pulls, and it would be about 3%. So yeah, that is some bad luck.

3%?

That's actually crazy

@Gustavos you actually got mega snookered

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

@Gustavos

Yeesh when you put it that way I'll start to really believe @SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

That's actually crazy

@Gustavos you actually got mega snookered

I prefer the term noodled.

4 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

I prefer the term noodled.

Noodled, Snookered, had, tricked, smackeldorf'd, hoodwinked, bamboozled either way:

You've learned your lesson #F2PForLaifu

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because the best deserve the best.

Awwwwww <3

Someone on here recognizes greatness!

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Shinjite shinjite BELIEVE

Sheesh louise

SoySoy stealing our 5 stars, and when we DO get them, Rezzy makes them minus Rezzy

So that's FOUR people I make animal sacrifices to, 5 if you count Rezeantor.

Good thing I got a farm......

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

Thinking of Fury, L&D3, or Death Blow 

Death blow is just no

Absolutely no

Life and death gives more wins on player phase, while Fury gives her extra thickness in terms of resistance

So there you go!