• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Muh 2-D shapes... What kind of villain adds an extra dimension?

The same principle applies---the ratio of perimeter to surface area is similar to the ratio of h/l/w to volume.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Also, are you talking about the two triangles together?

Yes---each triangle, individually, would lose to the square. This is because they lose both in points (3 v. 4), and in perimeter (they're 2n- sqrt(2n) less in terms of perimeter, where n is the length of the original square's sides).

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Yes---each triangle, individually, would lose to the square. This is because they lose both in points (3 v. 4), and in perimeter (they're 2n- sqrt(2n) less in terms of perimeter, where n is the length of the original square's sides).

I guess I'll have to bring up my trump card.

Pizzas are cut into triangles.

Welcome to Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links--where we debate to death the matchups between polygons of varying shapes and sizes!

I love this sub

@SatsumaFSoysoy Square-shaped pizzas exist and are indeed superior to their triangle-shaped brethren. I think we have a clear winner here.

Square and rectangular pizza is a thing, you know?

Yes. But they are inferior.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Square-shaped pizzas exist and are indeed superior to their triangle-shaped brethren. I think we have a clear winner here.

I see you have strange tastes, my friend.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yes. But they are inferior.

By what standard?

You can't use 'pizza is cut into triangles' to support the claim that triangles are superior to squares if square pizza exists.

Conversely, you can't use 'triangle is the best shape' to support the claim that semi-triangular (semi, because pizzas are circles, meaning the triangle is 2 flat edges and one crappy curved edge) pizza is the best pizza.

Circle is the worst shape, and this argument (and your favorite kind of pizza), is starting to resemble them.

By what standard?

You can't use 'pizza is cut into triangles' to support the claim that triangles are superior to squares if square pizza exists.

Conversely, you can't use 'triangle is the best shape' to support the claim that semi-triangular (semi, because pizzas are circles, meaning the triangle is 2 flat edges and one crappy curved edge) pizza is the best pizza.

Circle is the worst shape, and this argument (and your favorite kind of pizza), is starting to resemble them.

The Earth isn't round; the land is held up by a triangle, since triangles don't bend when you put a load on them.

And under that triangle, another triangle holds it up.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The Earth isn't round; the land is held up by a triangle, since triangles don't bend when you put a load on them.

And under that triangle, another triangle holds it up.

Actually, once objects approach a certain size (I believe 'fucking huge' is the scientific term), a square (or square based n-dimensional object) is the best representation of the object.

The earth is so large that, despite the fact of being an ellipsoid, the ground we walk on can be simulated as 'flat.' A cube is the best for this, having only flat sides.

Also, everyone knows is Earth is the center of the universe, it's not being held up, it's holding everything else up.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Actually, once objects approach a certain size (I believe 'fucking huge' is the scientific term), a square (or square based n-dimensional object) is the best representation of the object.

The earth is so large that, despite the fact of being an ellipsoid, the ground we walk on can be simulated as 'flat.' A cube is the best for this, having only flat sides.

Also, everyone knows is Earth is the center of the universe, it's not being held up, it's holding everything else up.

I almost thought you were being serious for a second there. Almost.

I don't see what the debate is here

We can argue all day about squares and triangles, but at the end of the rainbow, squares suck. That's why people are called squares and not anything else. Because anything else is better than a square. Simply put!

Also, triangle shaped Pizza slices are 50 times better than square shaped ones.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

I don't see what the debate is here

We can argue all day about squares and triangles, but at the end of the rainbow, squares suck. That's why people are called squares and not anything else. Because anything else is better than a square. Simply put!

Also, triangle shaped Pizza slices are 50 times better than square shaped ones.

I hovered over the topic to see this as the latest post, and I thought Squares and Triangles were metaphors to an argument between two units, but I wasn't expecting the argument to actually be about Squares and Triangles. Lol

Triangles are way superior to squares, this is totally obvious. I mean, look, Est, Palla, and Catria do a pretty awesome Triangle Attack. They could invite Caeda to do a Square Attack, but we all know that would just look, sound, and be ridiculous. So there you have it, triangles are better, pegasus sisters think so.

Furthermore, if you call someone a square, it's considered an insult. And "square pizza" was also mentioned. But there is no such thing. Square pizza does not exist. You have triangle pizza, and then there are square abominations.

This is the longest conversation I've ever seen about triangles on this site. Including every conversation that was about the Weapon Triangle, or Triangle Attack.

...both of which highlight the superiority of triangles

Edited by Gustavos

Subjective taste > All

How could you not like square-shaped pizza? You're getting 33% more pizza per piece. Unless you're willing to say "no" to more pizza?

Squares are everywhere. We have cubical houses and office buildings, and square shaped phones, televisions, chairs, tables--the list goes on--as well as prismatic computer towers. Pyramids are a thing of the past. Nobody makes triangle-shaped phones and handhelds for a reason.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Squares are everywhere. We have cubical houses and office buildings, and square shaped phones, televisions, chairs, tables--the list goes on--as well as prismatic computer towers. Pyramids are a thing of the past. Nobody makes triangle-shaped phones and handhelds for a reason.

Real life is pretty boring.

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

How could you not like square-shaped pizza? You're getting 33% more pizza per piece. Unless you're willing to say "no" to more pizza?

Easy! Square shaped pizza is all well and good but once you get to those pieces in the middle it inevitably ends up a total mess! As a naturally messy eater myself squares are never the way to go for pizza. I find it much easier to just steal the whole box if I want more. 

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Subjective taste > All

There's an entire study of math based on triangles AKA trigonometry 

Is there an entire study of math dedicated to squares? No (well not that I'm aware of anyway). Because squares are equal on all sides.... no variations.... no nothing... just

Equal 

Triangles have angles and varying side lengths among may other complicated things I'd rather not go nerd about.

Triangles = complex 

Complexity > Simplicity

Triangles > Squares