Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

I send all of my Ests home. No one needs Heavy Spear, or Shove, of Defiant Res. Maybe if I didn't have Cordelia or Hinoka I'd consider her for being a brave-spear carrier, but I do.

What i feel about Bartre tbh

"Hey we have this INSANE character, except Cherche do it on a Dragon, and Fred do it on a horse"

Its funny since Bartre is actually one of the best QR in Axe as well, iirc second only to Killer Axe Hector

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Othin I find that armors make better use of Goad / Ward than cavalry can since they're virtually always adjacent to one another. Free +12 to everyone!

This reminded me of something. A flying team using all Wards. Flyers can stick close together more easily than cavalry. So, maybe it could work depending on your team setup.

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

tfw you reposition your unit the wrong way via a slip of the finger and lose your deathless arena streak at match 6

Having the touchscreen register you tapping the screen twice causing your unit to stay in place. Worst thing ever.

23 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Her only fault is she isn't a Horse or Flyer to go with my Emblem teams.  Imagine that with +6 to everything.

Considering all she needs is a +2 attack buff to ORKO every unit in the entire game with a Luna proc, +6 is entirely unnecessary. 

I hope we get a flying or mounted mage with 35 attack and speed. -blade tomes are broken? Now it's even more broken! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

And then the developers troll everyone by dropping a balance patch dropping -blade tomes' MT from 9 and 13 to 5 and 9 and capping the damage bonus to +12 instead of +24. RIP Odin since everyone else would still be do fine with nerfed -blade tomes. :p

Edited by Kaden

6 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Sigh... yeah. That's happened to me in the arena before too :/

This ruined my streak so many times- especually when you were meant to Dance another unit so that's 2 actions wasted.

also tfw when you forget to check merge levels and misjudged Reinhardt's ability to tank Chrom in the double wall map. That Chrom was +5 and had Vantage, so Hector and Lyn had trouble killing him in melee. Thank goodness I just remembered Lyn had Reciprocal Aid and used it to swap HP with Olivia, which allowed Lyn to tank 1 hit and finally deal the finishing blow. Chrom's way too buff physically at times...

25 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I hope we get a flying or mounted mage with 35 attack and speed. -blade tomes are broken? Now it's even more broken! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

And then the developers troll everyone by dropping a balance patch dropping -blade tomes' MT from 9 and 13 to 5 and 9 and capping the damage bonus to +12 instead of +24. RIP Odin since everyone else would still be do fine with nerfed -blade tomes. :p

I'm not intimately familiar with Japanese gacha laws, but I'm pretty sure that'd be illegal. 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm not intimately familiar with Japanese gacha laws, but I'm pretty sure that'd be illegal. 

it isn't illegal actually according to some newer posts about it on reddit

Its more along the lines of needing refunds and controlling fandom explosion that is the issue iirc

She's finished and she's beautiful.

Spoiler

IMG_1266.thumb.PNG.4d7faca8b22ebac6d602a9398e3a84d2.PNG

She's majestic in the arena.

Spoiler

IMG_1263.thumb.PNG.5d2e086610d8d2613c678ebd8649ed06.PNG

I don't even need her to kill Hectors, since Tharja's got that on lock all day, but I do it just because I can.

Also first time using my Hector in the actual arena, and I'm not a big fan. I switched back to S Camilla after this screenshot for the rest of my arena runs. Even with Swap he's still too slow for my taste, and can't move up to intercept Reinhardt right away like Camilla usually does for me.

44 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Also first time using my Hector in the actual arena, and I'm not a big fan. I switched back to S Camilla after this screenshot for the rest of my arena runs. Even with Swap he's still too slow for my taste, and can't move up to intercept Reinhardt right away like Camilla usually does for me.

He's pretty hard to use without Dancer help, to be honest.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

But the tier list is dumb

When you need to dedicate an entire team to move Hector around, its ok, but when you only need to deploy Gunter to turn your entire team into terminator, its favoritism

Fuck i'm still salty about that sometimes

Just now, JSND said:

When you need to dedicate an entire team to move Hector around, its ok, but when you only need to deploy Gunter to turn your entire team into terminator, its favoritism

But Gunter is lame!

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

But Gunter is lame!

But Gunter have the best Voice!

If not him, then Olivia being literally god get penalized because "her combat sucks"

Nevermind theres never a squad that didn't get 90.000 times better with Olivia in it

I run Pivot Hector and I've always been able to get him to the front lines without a dancer, although I do also tend to run movement assists like Reposition and Draw Back on my other units.

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

Tier lists are for squares. I say, screw the haters and make a 5 star Oboro for keks.

53 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

She's finished and she's beautiful.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_1266.thumb.PNG.4d7faca8b22ebac6d602a9398e3a84d2.PNG

She's majestic in the arena.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_1263.thumb.PNG.5d2e086610d8d2613c678ebd8649ed06.PNG

I don't even need her to kill Hectors, since Tharja's got that on lock all day, but I do it just because I can.

She really is beautiful :')

Pivot would help Hector a lot more than Swap if he isn't on an all-armor team, but yeah Armors in general are annoying to move around. Hector and Cordelia are both fantastic units, but their playstyles clash a bit. Cordelia is generally more utilized on highly mobile hyper offensive glass cannon teams, often with dancer support. Hector caters to more of a defensive "let the enemy come to you" playstyle. Both are solid playstyles, and both units are some of the best in the game for those two playstyles...but the playstyles themselves clash a bit imo. 

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Pivot would help Hector a lot more than Swap if he isn't on an all-armor team, but yeah Armors in general are annoying to move around. Hector and Cordelia are both fantastic units, but their playstyles clash a bit. Cordelia is generally more utilized on highly mobile hyper offensive glass cannon teams, often with dancer support. Hector caters to more of a defensive "let the enemy come to you" playstyle. Both are solid playstyles, and both units are some of the best in the game for those two playstyles...but the playstyles themselves clash a bit imo. 

I actually find both of those mesh really well with Horsies thanks to Swap!Xander.

Although honestly i find Baiting playstyle much more enjoyable in general, just a bit risky in some maps

19 minutes ago, Othin said:

I run Pivot Hector and I've always been able to get him to the front lines without a dancer, although I do also tend to run movement assists like Reposition and Draw Back on my other units.

18 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Yeah, I only gave him Swap since I had no Pivot fodder when I got him, but I have gotten a spare 4* Marth since so I might still give it to him. And unfortunately my regular Reposition user is the S Camilla I swapped out for him, so he doesn't get a lot of movement help with the rest of my main team right now.

I really need to actually rank up my Olivia so I have the option of using her in the arena. I've terribly neglected her and she still sits as a 3*, since I always end up having a new unit I really want to invest in (this time Cordelia, who sucked up 40k feathers for her bow and LaD3) and she gets shafted. I totally understand the value of her, but gotta buff up them waifus..

Maybe when I get Olivia up, or I finally pull an Azura/Ninian like I've been hunting for for ages, I'll give Hector another go. I Or I'll just see how much of a difference Pivot makes. I was hoping to squeeze out more arena points with him, and he's still doing good, but Camilla seems to still preform a lot better with my other core units.

Edited by Alkaid

25 minutes ago, Othin said:

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/hero/hector

I'm not sure how much stock to put in Gamepress lists, but they recommend Pivot over Swap for every Hector set that isn't on an armor team. So Pivot Hector is probably what Hector's ranking is based on.  It's quite a difference.

Yeah Pivot Hector is great. I run mine with Olivia, and he usually Pivots over her then Olivia moves forward to dance him and he can Pivot over her again. Even better when you add Olivia's Hone Attack and Fortify Res/Spur Def sacred seal when he's next to her.

i imagine this would be better with Azura since she covers Hector's sword weakness.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I actually run 2 Swap 2 Pivot on my Armor team.

I gave Zephiel Swap since he has godly bulk with Wary Fighter.

speaking of armour teams, i gave up one of my many Cherches to give Sheena Pivot, but I have barely enough SP for it. I do kind of want to give her Bonfire to fix her terrible damage output but the SP cost is even more expensive...i don't have a Hector in this second account (or 5 star armours actually) so armour quests are annoying...