Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

31 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

You actually use her?

Yeah, believe it or not, she's been part of my GHB strats a lot of times. Ursula is obvious, but she was also the mage I used for the Ice Dragon challenge for Zephiel, and the person I actually needed for Lloyd, as Bowbreaker Julia died to the Bow Cav iirc. With only the addition of TA2 (I was cheap), she was part of my strat for Legion Infernal. B Tomebreaker and Gronnwolf are mad good for GHBs, while Julia is a bit too slow, and mine is not designed for Enemy Phase.

I've decided, F!Robin will be my next 5*.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Shin, the guy who does Sakura GHB runs, pulls for Sakura in the Focus.

He only had 27 Sakuras before, that’s definitely not enough.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

He only had 27 Sakuras before, that’s definitely not enough.

Is that how many he had? I never counted, and I thought he had more than that for some reason. I'm sure he wants a full team of +10 Sakuras though. One Ultimate Sakura isn't enough.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Is that how many he had? I never counted, and I thought he had more than that for some reason. I'm sure he wants a full team of +10 Sakuras though. One Ultimate Sakura isn't enough.

Adding up the merges from his latest battle (TT7?) gave 27 Sakuras. But it is reasonable to expect perfection.

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Why is Zephiel of all people there

If only you had fort tiles, maybe things would have gone differently.

Am I right @JSND?

Nah, need more Etrurian Scum for cancer party

Even Reinhardt can't avoid getting cancered

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Adding up the merges from his latest battle (TT7?) gave 27 Sakuras. But it is reasonable to expect perfection.

He said that he might actually feed that 5* Elise he pulled to one of his Sakuras to inherit Live to Serve 3.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

8 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Wait Clarisse means more feathers right? Didn't Legion come with feathers? Maybe Palla will come sooner than I thought...

Should be.  We'll know in 6 minutes.

edit: Yes

Edited by Lushen

57 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Why'd they stop doing "Battling GHB" banners? It's been a while since we've last seen one.

This is only the second GHB without the Battling banner. There's enough banners running at the moment with perfectly good units. 

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

This is only the second GHB without the Battling banner. There's enough banners running at the moment with perfectly good units. 

only like Eldigan, and New Mystery banner is good atm

Seriously speaking New Mystery is probably the best of the well rounded banner we had so far. 3 extremely min maxed unit with tons of good skills and arguably the second best Red Mage in the game

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

only like Eldigan, and New Mystery banner is good atm

Seriously speaking New Mystery is probably the best of the well rounded banner we had so far. 3 extremely min maxed unit with tons of good skills and arguably the second best Red Mage in the game

The healers have their uses as SI fodder. Same with the Fury banner and Bartre is basically infantry Cherche. 

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

The healers have their uses as SI fodder. Same with the Fury banner and Bartre is basically infantry Cherche. 

I agree that Bartre is pretty good but he's kinda expensive to really get off since he want like KA, QR, or Brave

Healer SI is kinda wonky though. Only one you really want to have is Rehab i guess and the Wrathful/Dazzling isn't on the banner

I had 2 5* Camillas and fed one to +4 merged Bartre so he could get her Brave Axe+. The second one was sent home. 

@ healers: IS really dropped the ball with this gauntlet. Live to Serve can be pretty useful for other healers.

35 minutes ago, JSND said:

I agree that Bartre is pretty good but he's kinda expensive to really get off since he want like KA, QR, or Brave

Healer SI is kinda wonky though. Only one you really want to have is Rehab i guess and the Wrathful/Dazzling isn't on the banner

Martyr on a Wrathful/Dazzling healer (with Miracle if you want) was alright for Tempest Trials I guess.

13 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Martyr on a Wrathful/Dazzling healer (with Miracle if you want) was alright for Tempest Trials I guess.

Matyr is terrible, but not because of the staff being bad.

Staff users just have terrible stat spreads to use it properly. A Matyr healer wants to have very low atk, like, sub 20 if possible, while having at least a decent speed tier (32 at least, 35 prefered) to prevent doubles, and great mixed bulk. The two lowest atk healers? Azama at 21, with 26 speed (lol), and Wrys at 24, with 23 speed. Practically speaking, not a single healer can actually survive a round of combat against anything worth a damn, because none of them have the proper spread to use it well.

Odin's 43/22/32/25/25 would be fucking amazing on a matyr healer, but no healer even comes close to his spread.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Matyr is terrible, but not because of the staff being bad.

Staff users just have terrible stat spreads to use it properly. A Matyr healer wants to have very low atk, like, sub 20 if possible, while having at least a decent speed tier (32 at least, 35 prefered) to prevent doubles, and great mixed bulk. The two lowest atk healers? Azama at 21, with 26 speed (lol), and Wrys at 24, with 23 speed. Practically speaking, not a single healer can actually survive a round of combat against anything worth a damn, because none of them have the proper spread to use it well.

Odin's 43/22/32/25/25 would be fucking amazing on a matyr healer, but no healer even comes close to his spread.

Sorry, what's the low Atk for? So they don't counter kill whatever comes their way? Or so more of their stats get distributed to the defenses?

Bridal Lyn is sort of okay, I guess?

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Sorry, what's the low Atk for? So they don't counter kill whatever comes their way? Or so more of their stats get distributed to the defenses?

Bridal Lyn is sort of okay, I guess?

It's the defense stat thing. A healer doesn't even use the Atk stat that much. Yeah, wrathful staff builds do very good magical chip, but you're not going to give your wrathful staffer Matyr because the two skills demand opposite stat spreads. Wrathful needs high atk, high speed, meaning hp, def, and res suffer, Matyr needs high hp, good speed, good def, good res, meaning atk has to be dumpstered.

Bridal Lyn is still below average in terms of bulk---that's not going to cut it when the primary purpose of Matyr is sitting there and not dying when people hit you. Literally every single brave user should 2HKO her, nevermind the people with actual Atk stats who can just straight up do the 39 + 24 = 63 damage to OHKO.

Edited by DehNutCase

8 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

It's the defense stat thing. A healer doesn't even use the Atk stat that much. Yeah, wrathful staff builds do very good magical chip, but you're not going to give your wrathful staffer Matyr because the two skills demand opposite stat spreads. Wrathful needs high atk, high speed, meaning hp, def, and res suffer, Matyr needs high hp, good speed, good def, good res, being atk has to be dumpstered.

Bridal Lyn is still below average in terms of bulk---that's not going to cut it when the primary purpose of Matyr is sitting there and not dying when people hit you. Literally every single brave user should 2HKO her, nevermind the people with actual Atk stats who can just straight up do the 39 + 24 = 63 damage to OHKO.

I see. Can't say my Bridal Lyn lived through most everything fine, but welp, it worked sometimes I guess. Guess we'll have to wait for some seasonal Odin.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I see. Can't say my Bridal Lyn lived through most everything fine, but welp, it worked sometimes I guess. Guess we'll have to wait for some seasonal Odin.

Odin would've been fucking absurd as a healer.

Imagine Fortress Def, +Def/-Atk Odin with hp seal. He has: 46 hp (you know, for that panic ploy fuck you to -blade tomers), 34 def (fair and balanced), 32 speed (decent, although he's still getting doubled by some of the fastest units---good thing panic ploy reverses opposing speed buffs, lul), and 25 res (passable---25 + 46 = 71 magical bulk, which should be more than enough to survive any -blade tomers considering he's panic ploying their asses).

Edited by DehNutCase

6 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Odin would've been fucking absurd as a healer.

Imagine Fortress Def, +Def/-Atk Odin with hp seal. He has: 46 hp (you know, for that panic ploy fuck you to -blade tomers), 34 def (fair and balanced), 32 speed (decent, although he's still getting doubled by some of the fastest units---good thing panic ploy reverses opposing speed buffs, lul), and 25 res (passable---25 + 46 = 71 magical bulk, which should be more than enough to survive any -blade tomers considering he's panic ploying their asses).

So that mostly just laughs at Bridelia and hits her with Candlelight or Slow or whatever, and he heals someone else up to max. Wew. He still gets ORKOed by Reinhardt though. Could +Res be a good idea?

16 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So that mostly just laughs at Bridelia and hits her with Candlelight or Slow or whatever, and he heals someone else up to max. Wew. He still gets ORKOed by Reinhardt though. Could +Res be a good idea?

They key about Panic Ploy Odin is that he gets buffs, his opponents don't. If Reinhardt is Honed, for example, Odin survives easily because that Hone turns into a -6/-6. (And a +4 buff to res would make him Survive unbuffed Rein, albeit with 1 hp.)

Edit: +Res is an option, yes, it'll depend more on what's 'meta,' the kind of units Odin needs to actually tank. I picked +Def because it seems like nothing quite has the Atk on the magical side to OHKO him. It takes 52 Atk for even a Raven Adept TA-3 unit to OHKO, which not even Sanaki, the strongest tomer, reaches. TA-3 means no A-slot +atk, Raven is only 11 Atk, 37 + 3 + 11 = 51, not enough to OHKO.

Double Edit: I fucked up the math, it's actually an exact OHKO at 51 Atk, lol. 51+10+10-25 = 46, an exact KO. I guess +Res is meaningful if you expect to run into flawless Raven Sanaki. (Of course, you could always just give Odin a +4 buff to res.)

Edited by DehNutCase