• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Yeah, there was a lot of fuss about that when the banner first went up. Not clear whether or not there will be a second main banner going up in mid-July and just run alongside it, but if they don't do that, the bonus hero rotation will get weird. If both the New Mystery and the Ylissean Summer bonus hero rotations last for the usual two weeks, the Ylissean Summer one will end on July 17.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, there was a lot of fuss about that when the banner first went up. Not clear whether or not there will be a second main banner going up in mid-July and just run alongside it, but if they don't do that, the bonus hero rotation will get weird. If both the New Mystery and the Ylissean Summer bonus hero rotations last for the usual two weeks, the Ylissean Summer one will end on July 17.

i think the update on the 5th might give us an answer of some kind

like, there's the possibility of it just having the next focus characters, but that's pretty unlikely

however, the next ghb character isn't in the game yet, so that update might add them in

if the update adds two ghb characters, it's possible that they might not add another focus, since there are two GHBs per month

but if it only adds one, it's more likely that there'll be more characters later on, since they'd have to add the second one in another update, possibly with the next focus characters

it's a vague thing to go off of but it could tell us something

Edited by unique

They've been pretty consistent about their every 2 week updates. I think the summer banner is just extended because ~wooo its summer get your swimsuits on~ and will run concurrently with whatever banner drops in 2 weeks. Who knows, it might also be research into how seasonal banners do full month; less money, more money...maybe we could see all seasonal banners be extended for a month moving forward.

Otherwise it's basically a dead month for people who want characters. It'd be the 4 summer people, whoever is in the tempest (which might just be masked marth again), and maybe a GHB.

1.5 will likely not come with a bunch of new characters just because there's no reason to NOT tease that in the update notes. It would generate way more buzz.

18 minutes ago, r_n said:

They've been pretty consistent about their every 2 week updates. I think the summer banner is just extended because ~wooo its summer get your swimsuits on~ and will run concurrently with whatever banner drops in 2 weeks. Who knows, it might also be research into how seasonal banners do full month; less money, more money...maybe we could see all seasonal banners be extended for a month moving forward.

Otherwise it's basically a dead month for people who want characters. It'd be the 4 summer people, whoever is in the tempest (which might just be masked marth again), and maybe a GHB.

1.5 will likely not come with a bunch of new characters just because there's no reason to NOT tease that in the update notes. It would generate way more buzz.

Yeah, extending the summer banner to run concurrently with the one after it would be a nice response to concerns about such a small window for getting seasonal characters (at least until next year) and would be well in keeping with all the other tweaks they've done to make the game more manageable, but having no new banner characters for the whole month would be really disappointing and get a lot of backlash.

We can certainly expect two new GHB characters, though, and I'd be very surprised if they just brought back Masked Marth for the new Tempest rather than having a new character. Based on how they've handled GHBs, I'm guessing Tempest characters will reappear after a few months but not right away, and without getting in the way of new ones.

And yeah, it should be safe to assume that what they've already said all major additions in the update. People are always hoping for more 3-4* characters and it hasn't happened yet. If it does happen sometime, they'll tell us.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, extending the summer banner to run concurrently with the one after it would be a nice response to concerns about such a small window for getting seasonal characters (at least until next year) and would be well in keeping with all the other tweaks they've done to make the game more manageable, but having no new banner characters for the whole month would be really disappointing and get a lot of backlash.

We can certainly expect two new GHB characters, though, and I'd be very surprised if they just brought back Masked Marth for the new Tempest rather than having a new character. Based on how they've handled GHBs, I'm guessing Tempest characters will reappear after a few months but not right away, and without getting in the way of new ones.

And yeah, it should be safe to assume that what they've already said all major additions in the update. People are always hoping for more 3-4* characters and it hasn't happened yet. If it does happen sometime, they'll tell us.

I feel like MM will be brought back because their dialog at the end of Tempest implied sticking around. But it could just be a way of saying they'll be back...eventually.

Guess we won't really know until the update drops, even if the tempest doesnt start for a few days later we should be able to datamine out any new characters.

I'd be really disappointed if the prize was just a Masked Lucina again... Maybe as like a 4* lower prize for those that didn't get her, but I'd like something different higher up, even if it was just an extra seal or something instead, though I'd prefer a character. I'm greedy for characters lol 

I'm sure the prizes will be targeted primarily at players who already got all the main rewards from the original TT, since they'll be the main ones playing the new version.

5 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Yes, that amazing 25 speed or so with Darting Blow... :P

Yeah! A =Spd Sophia with Darting Blow would reach 25 speed letting her double a =Spd Sophia and Zephiel if he didn't have Wary Fighter. +Spd Sophia would reach 28 speed and she'd get to double =Spd Beruka, Effie without Wary Fighter, Hawkeye, Henry, Leo, Lukas, Reinhardt, adult Tiki, and Wrys. 8 more characters! Isn't that amazing!

Somewhere in this world, someone's done it and a whole lot of (people without) Caedas, Camillas, Florinas, Karels, Maes, Navarres, Rebeccas, Shannas, and/or Tharjas are crying right now with how their skills were wasted used.

Anyway, learning that Narcian was a sword-wielding Wyvern Lord with Runesword has disappointed me... Sure, we needed a unit with 4* access to Lancebreaker 3 and another unit with Emerald Axe before Titania showed up, but come on, we only have 2 sword flyers and neither of them are, in general, physical tanks. Caeda's a speedy mage tank and Palla's a jack of all trades. Oh, and the glory that would have been if Narcian had a built-in Distant Counter on Runesword.

45 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'd be really disappointed if the prize was just a Masked Lucina again... Maybe as like a 4* lower prize for those that didn't get her, but I'd like something different higher up, even if it was just an extra seal or something instead, though I'd prefer a character. I'm greedy for characters lol 

I get the feeling we won't see masked Lucina again, as if they're going to have a make up chance at getting her for people, it probably won't be so soon. But maybe the seals will be back alongside whatever new ones we might get.

I'm gonna place my bets that this Tempest will be Fates-based, and if they do another special character it would be Nohr outfit Azura. She's next thing that comes to mind if they're gonna pick somebody who has an official alt costume in the same vein as Lucina's. That just seems to be the most likely thing they could go with next, and we have plenty of Fates units to be set as bonus heroes too.

Just now, Alkaid said:

I get the feeling we won't see masked Lucina again, as if they're going to have a make up chance at getting her for people, it probably won't be so soon. But maybe the seals will be back alongside whatever new ones we might get.

I'm gonna place my bets that this Tempest will be Fates-based, and if they do another special character it would be Nohr outfit Azura. She's next thing that comes to mind if they're gonna pick somebody who has an official alt costume in the same vein as Lucina's. That just seems to be the most likely thing they could go with next, and we have plenty of Fates units to be set as bonus heroes too.

That sounds likely, to be fair, and her Nohrian outfit is awesome... Wonder if she'll only come with dance as her skill xD

I got the seals and the characters myself, but I hope they bring out a way for other people to get her in the future. I don't like when gacha games make characters limited - so I'm hoping they all come back. 

40 minutes ago, Kaden said:

we only have 2 sword flyers and neither of them are, in general, physical tanks.

Yes, and it makes me sad. Caeda was really useful for a while but I had to ditch her for Palla. My Palla takes single digit damage from Hector :P She was also instrumental in killing Veronica in TT after she tanked a hit and initiated with Darting Blow. It's too bad her defenses aren't amazing... she has trouble vs her own color unless I buff her up a lot

More fliers/flyers, please! 

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Yes, and it makes me sad. Caeda was really useful for a while but I had to ditch her for Palla. My Palla takes single digit damage from Hector :P She was also instrumental in killing Veronica in TT after she tanked a hit and initiated with Darting Blow. It's too bad her defenses aren't amazing... she has trouble vs her own color unless I buff her up a lot

More fliers/flyers, please! 

Caeda was awful when I tried to use her. She hit like a wet paper bag and was about as sturdy as one too. And sadly Palla isn't that great either, but at least she's the better. I can't even think of what other sword fliers they could add, but I hope we get more options soon.

OR, give me some red tome flier Aversa action, or archer flier Reina. Now THAT would get me super excited for an OP flier team!.. and even more sad I still have no Hinoka for hone fliers. :(

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Caeda was awful when I tried to use her. She hit like a wet paper bag and was about as sturdy as one too. And sadly Palla isn't that great either, but at least she's the better. I can't even think of what other sword fliers they could add, but I hope we get more options soon.

OR, give me some red tome flier Aversa action, or archer flier Reina. Now THAT would get me super excited for an OP flier team!.. and even more sad I still have no Hinoka for hone fliers. :(

Palla is only good on a flier team, in my opinion. She is too weak otherwise. I mostly use her to deal with Hector, as he is a free kill in the arena :P I like Palla a lot in general so I don't mind her weaknesses. Goad Fliers is always useful too

Red tome flier would be great! I don't like Aversa much but I can tolerate using her if I have to...

Edit: I still don't have Hinoka either! Ughhh I need to work out my thighs more and maybe she'll approve of me and come home

Edited by GuiltyLove

I decided to switch my Summer Freddy's Armored Blow out for Darting Blow. That'll mostly fix his speed issue. With the Speed +1 seal that gives him 33 speed on player phase (and 34 if I get him Darting Blow 3 someday. Darting Blow 2 was the best I could get without having to dump 20k feathers), but player phase is where I mostly want to use him anyway because of the debuffs he gives.

If I get Death Blow fodder someday though, I may actually use that instead, but for now, Darting Blow should be more useful on him than Armored Blow.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Palla is only good on a flier team, in my opinion. She is too weak otherwise. I mostly use her to deal with Hector, as he is a free kill in the arena :P I like Palla a lot in general so I don't mind her weaknesses. Goad Fliers is always useful too

Red tome flier would be great! I don't like Aversa much but I can tolerate using her if I have to...

Yeah if I had a real flier team (missing both Hinoka AND Minerva T_T ) I'm sure she'd be fine as the red unit for it. I like her too so I just wish she was better in general. Thankfully Catria's pretty good. If I could actually make proper flier team I'd be so conflicted, since I like so many flier units. lol

I think Aversa's okay, but she's mostly just the first unit I can think of them adding for another tome flier. B Camilla + Aversa flier team would totally crush worlds in the arena.

Just now, Alkaid said:

Yeah if I had a real flier team (missing both Hinoka AND Minerva T_T ) I'm sure she'd be fine as the red unit for it. I like her too so I just wish she was better in general. Thankfully Catria's pretty good. If I could actually make proper flier team I'd be so conflicted, since I like so many flier units. lol

I think Aversa's okay, but she's mostly just the first unit I can think of them adding for another tome flier. B Camilla + Aversa flier team would totally crush worlds in the arena.

Hehe I'm fortunate to have a pretty good flier team :) I mostly just use Catria, Palla, S. Camilla, and the bonus unit in the arena.

My Catria is neutral nature with Fury 3, QR3, and Fortify (but I plan on changing that someday)

Palla is +Atk -HP with Darting Blow 3, Wings 3, Goad

Camilla is 40+1 with +Speed -Res with Darting Blow 3, Desperation 3, and Goad (I might change that to Ward if I get Minerva; not sure yet)

I love fliers too :D

Minerva and Hinoka hate us, huh...

I wonder if Sumia could be a tome flier since her promoted class in FE13 uses tomes too

12 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Hehe I'm fortunate to have a pretty good flier team :) I mostly just use Catria, Palla, S. Camilla, and the bonus unit in the arena.

My Catria is neutral nature with Fury 3, QR3, and Fortify (but I plan on changing that someday)

Palla is +Atk -HP with Darting Blow 3, Wings 3, Goad

Camilla is 40+1 with +Speed -Res with Darting Blow 3, Desperation 3, and Goad (I might change that to Ward if I get Minerva; not sure yet)

I love fliers too :D

Minerva and Hinoka hate us, huh...

I wonder if Sumia could be a tome flier since her promoted class in FE13 uses tomes too

That's really nice, and I like your Catria. :D Mine's also basically neutral natured (+hp/-res). She's one of my favorite characters too, so I need to decide how to build her up better first, plus I need more good fodder. (Like I'd put fury on her too, but all I have are Jagens since I've NEVER rolled a Hinata yet.. Xander and Camus have been stuck rocking Fury 2 as well..) I only haven't worked on her much since right after a 5* of her showed up so did Cordelia (who's my #1 favorite character) and so all focus went to decking her out first..

My Camilla's +atk - def with Gronnraven+, TA3, G Tomebreaker and Hone Attack(she also has Goad learned as well) to work with my general team and she's fantastic. I'll gladly kill a Nino for Gronnblade+ if Hinoka/Minerva ever show up, though.

Now if only I could make the regular Camilla not suck...

That's true, I'd totally take a tome flier Sumia. I wonder when they'll start adding the Awakening/Fates child units, there's a bunch that would probably be fun to use.

27 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Aversa is basically the only other character who can be a flying tome barring more instances like Faye where the character is put into a class to fill a niche or seasonal banners where everything is on the table. Dark Fliers only exist in 13 & 14 and the only normal Dark Flier in either game is Aversa. There's no dark flier boss, either.

Reina is in the same boat for bow fliers. 

Just now, Alkaid said:

That's really nice, and I like your Catria. :D Mine's also basically neutral natured (+hp/-res). She's one of my favorite characters too, so I need to decide how to build her up better first, plus I need more good fodder. (Like I'd put fury on her too, but all I have are Jagens since I've NEVER rolled a Hinata yet.. Xander and Camus have been stuck rocking Fury 2 as well..) I only haven't worked on her much since right after a 5* of her showed up so did Cordelia (who's my #1 favorite character) and so all focus went to decking her out first..

My Camilla's +atk - def with Gronnraven+, TA3, G Tomebreaker and Hone Attack(she also has Goad learned as well) to work with my general team and she's fantastic. I'll gladly kill a Nino for Gronnblade+ if Hinoka/Minerva ever show up, though.

Now if only I could make the regular Camilla not suck...

That's true, I'd totally take a tome flier Sumia. I wonder when they'll start adding the Awakening/Fates child units, there's a bunch that would probably be fun to use.

Yay thanks :D I'm happy my Catria is good. Arcanite gave me suggestions for her a while ago. I hope you can get Fury on her. She hits 37 speed with it! Goad Fliers makes it 41 :O

Yeah my S. Camilla had Gronnraven at first but I decided that wasn't strong enough so I kept pulling greens until I got Nino. The power of the Blade is almost too much to handle! I think she can ORKO Ike lol

For regular Camilla, I'm thinking of making her a DC user if I ever get Hector. Mine is +Speed, so she's quite fast. I would need to give her a Silver or Emerald Axe. I need someone to bait Reinhardt well. The Spring/Bunny version of her has poor Res so she won't cut it...

Wouldn't mind using Cynthia as a flier too :D

So I somehow managed to pull my 4th Hector while pulling greens from the Summer banner.

I wonder how people would like facing four Vantage Bonfire Hectors in the arena either with all four of them having Goad Armors or a split of Goad and Ward.

I can't wait until gauntlet is over, maybe I'll go to bed at a more reasonable hour. Ahaha who am I kidding my sleep schedule hasn't stopped being terrible since five years ago, gauntlet is only enabling it.