Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Someone on team Priscilla gave Lyn Desperation 2. I don't know what to say about that. Do people not check what legendary weapons do or something?

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Kaden said:

Someone on team Priscilla gave Lyn Desperation 2. I don't know what to say about that. Do people not check what legendary weapons do or something?

Just like Quick Riposte 2 on Hector or Pass 2 on Takumi. I think it's a meme more than an actual mistake at this point.

We do not speak about Brash Assault Lucina or Desperation Chrom

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

While not entirely the same case, some dude had a Res- Lukas with Iceberg. 

7 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I saw a Bonfire Linde.

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Thats not actually that bad

Like Hector is going to go through FIVE hits in combat

Yeah okay

I mean...

Maybe

I don't know

All I know is, growing wind Hector DEFINITELY isn't as good as Bonfire XD

Just now, JSND said:

Thats not actually that bad

yeah the area of effect skills are niche but they have their moments. Eldigan & Ursula's have saved me quite a bit

Though spending ...775 sp on rising & growing wind (+ sacrificing at least a merric) on it is a bit....

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Like Hector is going to go through FIVE hits in combat

Yeah okay

I mean...

Maybe

I don't know

All I know is, growing wind Hector DEFINITELY isn't as good as Bonfire XD

Its a Score Sniping set up

I've been running Blazing Light Xander and Growing Thunder Camus for that reason

9 minutes ago, r_n said:

yeah the area of effect skills are niche but they have their moments. Eldigan & Ursula's have saved me quite a bit

Though spending ...775 sp on rising & growing wind (+ sacrificing at least a merric) on it is a bit....

I actually gave Saizo Growing Wind as a fun super debuff/chip damage training support unit.

Smoke Dagger, Poison Strike, Savage Blow and Breath of Life makes training units easier. Only started using hin seriously 3 weeks ago and he already gave me his first hero merit feathers.

Since he's +Spd it's super fun seeing something like 20+20x2 damage against enemies, effectively hitting 3 times (and does help at times because of lack of triangle advantage and low dagger might).

SP bonus period will be great though since I might give him an extra Navarre to see if Rising Wind would be more fun to use for the extra x1.5 damage. Oh and Desperation 2 while I'm at it if i want to use him a bit more seriously.

i use him with Lucius who has Pain and deals with armours while healing. Can't wait to train Clarrise for a ranged Dark Breath effect and make training units even easier

Edited by mcsilas

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Would Renewal 3 be a bit redundant with Falchion?  I know Falchion in only like Renewal 2, but it seems like that skill slot would be better served with something else.

For me, I finally pulled the trigger and gave Azura Lance Valor 3 from my -Atk Summer Robin.  It's the first time I've used a 5* for SI, but now all future Lance units I train up will get double SP while leveling.  I think it was worth it.  We've got a month left, and I'm trying to pull for better Summer units.  I've gotten 3 of the 4 as -Atk.

It overlaps with Falchion's heal and she's healing effectively every other turn. 

1. It offsets Fury 2-3 which I plan on running on her.

2. She's getting reciprocal Aid which turns her effectively into a healer which is what I'm going for: a healbot striker for the trials and Squad Assault/Chain Challenge.

She could run something like Desperation or Swordbreaker, but the former is pointless if she's healing and taking herself out of the range constantly, as for the latter, I have a +DEF Sturdy Blow 2 tank Athena with Swordbreaker, I don't really need another one unless I pull an actual Lucina (Plus I have a +SPD/-RES Marth if I want to run an offensive Falchion of a different kind, even a +SPD/-DEF Chrom if I want to be inefficient

The issue isn't the build, it's well... I could make a wall with Fae even with -ATK probably. It's just a lot of factors though, like Lightning Breath+ being a thing and me having to sacrifice my Nowi for that (unless I pull an A-Tiki) and Y!Tiki herself already wanting Lightning Breath+ and already being *5. I need 40k feathers for a sub-optimal Fae with a bad nature...

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

I'm in a similar position.  I have all these new stamina potions and i'm like....should I use them to build up more characters or wait until the new game modes actually come out and use them for that...?

On Fae, I have never used her personally because I got her on my horse emblem acc't which I'm thinking of retiring.  But, I would say Fae is more useful long-term than Marth, because Marth just isn't that useful, especially with all the other reds.  That being said, there's nothing better than having a character totally done so you may want to give her to Marth for the purpose of having all his skills done.

As for TA, I have a lot of issues pulling Roy so I had to 5* one of the other units for my Spring!Camilla.  It's worth it, imo.

Saving my potions for the trials and new modes. I may use one or two to finish building Sophia and Frederick but my feathers are going to Cherche who's already finished farming SP so she'll turn into a ball of death once I *5 Camilla for BA+/Draconic Aura.

As for Fae, the thing is I have Soren, Nino and soon to be Cherche, but they are all Player Phase, I have no walls. On the other hand I only have Xander and Athena as hybrid and player phase units, respectively. Marth has potential use in the trials however vs Fae who I'll have to invest quite a bit in as well as well as multiple feathers. Perhaps Fae could be a better investment, but putting all my resources into a +HP/-ATK unit when I have 3 other green nukes... I just don't know which route to take.

I'll just have to be inefficient for the Squad Assault and Chain Challenge starting out. I need to see what lies ahead in the trials as far as bonus units. If I don't have any 1.4 bonus units, I'll have to feed Fae to M!Marth and run "him" as my healbot. Just gonna have to wait. Also means I'll have to save my feathers...

I hate waiting... 

51 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

We do not speak about Brash Assault Lucina or Desperation Chrom

But do we speak of Brash Assault Chrom and Desperation Lucina?

Sophia with Darting Blow and Desperation would be pretty baller. :P

50 minutes ago, KongDude said:

That reminds me of a defense win where their leader/mascot was a +Def Marth with Iceberg. I don't remember the bane, but if it was -Res...

Also, in arena today or well, yesterday since it's 1 in the morning here, I encountered a Cordelia with Sapphire Lance. Why? I don't know. It was sad.

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

She could run something like Desperation or Swordbreaker, but the former is pointless if she's healing and taking herself out of the range constantly, as for the latter, I have a +DEF Sturdy Blow 2 tank Athena with Swordbreaker, I don't really need another one unless I pull an actual Lucina (Plus I have a +SPD/-RES Marth if I want to run an offensive Falchion of a different kind, even a +SPD/-DEF Chrom if I want to be inefficient

Lucina is bulky enough that she typically doesn't die from full health on a counterattack. Desperation it's there to keep her alive at low health, not something that you're intending to keep active forever because she doesn't need it active all the time in the first place like frailer characters like Nino.

43 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lucina is bulky enough that she typically doesn't die from full health on a counterattack. Desperation it's there to keep her alive at low health, not something that you're intending to keep active forever because she doesn't need it active all the time in the first place like frailer characters like Nino.

Going by the simulators, Lucina and even M!Marth (Masked) is superior to Marth (+SPD/-RES) for a Fury/Desperation or Swordbreaker build, period. No matter what.

If that's the case, Marth himself would probably make a better healbot and M!Marth a better attacker... Hm... darn it... I'm not sure how to proceed. I was looking forward to a healing sword unit to help in the trials, I don't really want to spend 20k feathers for Marth.

Guess the name of the game is to wait until the trials for the bonus units. If we get a Dark Clouds over Mystery trial (Likely Marth, Linde, Tiki and one other) then I'll do it. Again, waiting seems wise here. Lucina is... just better than Marth, in all cases pretty much, except as a healbot ironically.

Edited by Zeo