• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

You appear to have an addiction to orb excuses, my good friend.

I suggest consulting a cleric about this.

Can the cleric prescribe me some orbs?

edit: @ThaneOnly like months ago.

Edited by Lushen

Just now, Thane said:

Before I got the game? That'll be tough. I got it like a few days ago.

Oh, I guess that's fair.  Welcome to the game, I don't see a lot of newcomers just starting the game xD

I recommend expanding your castle.  While the orbs it takes seem like a lot, really the odds of getting one 5* aren't very high with those orbs and the chance of getting one you want is even lower.  The XP boost is, like most games, most useful if purchased at the beginning.

Just now, Lushen said:

Oh, I guess that's fair.  Welcome to the game, I don't see a lot of newcomers just starting the game xD

I recommend expanding your castle.  While the orbs it takes seem like a lot, really the odds of getting one 5* aren't very high with those orbs and the chance of getting one you want is even lower.  The XP boost is, like most games, most useful if purchased at the beginning.

Well, I'll upgrade my castle then. I've got five five stars already, including Reinhardt and Tikini whom I both wanted the most, so I've been incredibly lucky so far.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

So apparently, you can upgrade your castle.

Is...is that something I should've done sooner?

If you are completely F2P, those 21 orbs is about the equivalent of 5 characters vs 100% additional experience. You might not want to upgrade it to the max if you feel that you are low on orbs.

If you are going to put money into this game every now and then, then upgrading it is completely worth it. 21 orbs is nothing.

The only downside I can think of from upgrading is that it might make you level too fast and you will miss out on the extra SP from leveling slowly.

40 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you are completely F2P, those 21 orbs is about the equivalent of 5 characters vs 100% additional experience. You might not want to upgrade it to the max if you feel that you are low on orbs.

If you are going to put money into this game every now and then, then upgrading it is completely worth it. 21 orbs is nothing.

The only downside I can think of from upgrading is that it might make you level too fast and you will miss out on the extra SP from leveling slowly.

Meh, most months I average over 130 orbs as F2P.  There's always something going on, 21 orbs isn't a bad investment.

8 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Meh, most months I average over 130 orbs as F2P.  There's always something going on, 21 orbs isn't a bad investment.

especially since it pays out pretty well. It makes the first 20 levels super super fast while the last 20 levels go from "I want to die" to only the last 5 levels make me want to die.

Speaking of, god bless the qol enhancements in the upcoming update. Like the new standard modes seem cool and all, but mmmm that extra exp, the friend displays, the less battery usage....! Delish.

2 hours ago, geozeldadude said:

quick random question: when you sort your heroes by level, how do they sort heroes who are the same level and rarity? i thought it might be by total stats, but that doesn't seem to be the case, nor does it seem to be the order that they reached level 40. anyone know?

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Once sorted by level, it is then sorted by:
Rarity (5, 4, 3, 2, 1)
Color (Red, Blue, Green, Colorless)
Weapon (Melee, Breath, Tome; Bow, Dagger, Staff)
Movement (Infantry, Armor, Cavalry, Flier)
Origin

Within the same level, higher experience has higher priority over all other features. So a level 1 character with 1 experience point will be listed before all level 1 characters that don't have any exp.

59 minutes ago, Thane said:

Before I got the game? That'll be tough. I got it like a few days ago.

Welcome! But, yes, you should've upgraded your castle prior to getting the game. After all, it's always easier to renovate before everyone's moved in, right?

7 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Within the same level, higher experience has higher priority over all other features. So a level 1 character with 1 experience point will be listed before all level 1 characters that don't have any exp.

That explains a lot. My lv40s are all neatly ordered by rarity and weapon types, as are the lv1s I haven't used, but I'd been confused about why some of my characters at other levels were ordered in more irregular ways.

7 minutes ago, Astellius said:

That explains a lot. My lv40s are all neatly ordered by rarity and weapon types, as are the lv1s I haven't used, but I'd been confused about why some of my characters at other levels were ordered in more irregular ways.

28 minutes ago, Lushen said:

130 Orbs every month? I do not keep track of the free Orbs I get, but that seems too high. Off the top of my head, I can only think of:

Four weeks of Arena Duels (Tier 20) give you 16.
New Paralogue Maps and Quests gives you 12.
Two new GHB events give you 6 (3 difficulties, 1 per difficulty).
Daily Login Bonuses give you 4.
Monthly Quests (for June) give you 21.

That is like 59 orbs. And most players get less than that due to ranking lower in the arena or unable to perform Armor and Flier quests.

I do not think Tempest Trials, new Story Maps, and other events combined will give you another 70 orbs.

11 minutes ago, Astellius said:

That is true. I did not notice it since I only looked at the top of my barracks.

Edited by XRay

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

Four weeks of Arena Duels (Tier 20) give you 16.
New Paralogue Maps and Quests gives you 12.
Two new GHB events give you 6 (3 difficulties, 1 per difficulty).
Daily Login Bonuses give you 4.
Monthly Quests (for June) give you 21.

There are roughly two paralogue maps per month so thats 24 orbs.  Daily login bonuses may give you 4, but roughly 1/3 to 1/2 of the month there's a login bonus of 2 orbs daily so figure ~30 orbs from those.  There's one voting gauntlet per month which gives you 10.  Tempest trials gave a huge amount, if you managed to get that high (i didn't).  There's other random quests that tend to pop up.  

So that's 52 orbs routinely leaving only 20ish orbs from random events and quests.  Though, there's been less and less daily orbs each month...

Last month was apparantly 132 orbs.  

April aparantly had 195 orbs.  Please come back generous IS.

edit:  I should mention, I didn't create these, they're from reddit.

Edited by Lushen

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:
Spoiler

There are roughly two paralogue maps per month so thats 24 orbs.  Daily login bonuses may give you 4, but roughly 1/3 to 1/2 of the month there's a login bonus of 2 orbs daily so figure ~30 orbs from those.  There's one voting gauntlet per month which gives you 10.  Tempest trials gave a huge amount, if you managed to get that high (i didn't).  There's other random quests that tend to pop up.  

So that's 52 orbs routinely leaving only 20ish orbs from random events and quests.  Though, there's been less and less daily orbs each month...

Last month was apparantly 132 orbs.  

April aparantly had 195 orbs.  Please come back generous IS.

edit:  I should mention, I didn't create these, they're from reddit.

Wow. I never realized the game gave us so many free Orbs. Even if a player is not playing optimally, 100 Orbs per month does not seem too hard to achieve. I am not sure why I keep seeing people complain about the lack of Orbs.

Just now, Quintessence said:

Do you guys already know what does version 1.5 include?

Serenes' main site has it all listed out, including information from famitsu in addition to the information from the official heroes site that went in detail about it

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

Serenes' main site has it all listed out, including information from famitsu in addition to the information from the official heroes site that went in detail about it

Ah ok. I read the news elsewhere and was wondering if the forum already knew, to see if I spread them or not.

Edited by Quintessence

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

Wow. I never realized the game gave us so many free Orbs. Even if a player is not playing optimally, 100 Orbs per month does not seem too hard to achieve. I am not sure why I keep seeing people complain about the lack of Orbs.

6% chance with 130 orbs gives us roughly 32.5 pulls.  At 6% chance, I believe this means there's a 90% chance to get at least one 5*. However, getting one in the focus is only a 63% chance.  If you have two units in the focus, I believe its a 38% chance of getting the one you want.

In other words, its because there's someone we want bad!

edit:  Oh, and yes there are other factors.  Obviously the 6% chance goes up, as does the 3% which helps but most of the time you're not going to get 32.5 pulls because you're not going to get the colors you want.  Summon simulator seems to be fairly consistent with what I said, but it's not like I did it a thousand times.

edit2:  Oh and another reason is because I don't think anyone understands why they can't just make daily orbs stay for the entire month.  It's silly to have them appear and disappear every other week.

Edited by Lushen

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Not necessarily. You can counteract the increased EXP yields by doing stratums up to 5 levels lower than the unit you're training. Even with max castle EXP, I average about 1,200 SP by Lv. 40 by intentionally taking on underleveled stratums.

Just now, Lushen said:

6% chance with 130 orbs gives us roughly 32.5 pulls.  At 6% chance, I believe this means there's a 90% chance to get at least one 5*. However, getting one in the focus is only a 63% chance.  If you have two units in the focus, I believe its a 38% chance of getting the one you want.

In other words, its because there's someone we want bad!

Ah. I see. People need their waifus and husbandos. On the other hand, as long as it is not a limited character, you will eventually get the unit you want though. It is only a matter of time before they show up.

Just now, XRay said:

Ah. I see. People need their waifus and husbandos. On the other hand, as long as it is not a limited character, you will eventually get the unit you want though. It is only a matter of time before they show up.

which is why event banners are so effective. We all know these characters will reappear, but we don't KNOW KNOW... So we need them now!