Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

I wished I had a Klein or Leo to use. Also, technically QR does grow on trees if it's Leo. :p

I think I can bait and counter Celica with either Linde or Mae who'll live or have Blarblade+ 4* Ursula with R Tomebreaker who could possibly kill her -- depends on her stats. 4* Reinhardt would just explode against her. Otherwise, I think only summer F!Robin can tank her hits safely. Clair can, but -Atk Clair is the worst, Effie would be difficult to position with, and Est will either die or barely live which isn't that great when I would need her to deal with other crap on the map. Ditto with Subaki, not going to try getting Florina or Jagen up to 4* during the trials. Otherwise, Ninian which could lead to Escape Route shenanigans.

Bonfire, Distant Counter, and Quick Riposte on Gwendolyn could destroy Celica. Distant Counter on Effie would be sweet too. Leave her barely alive and finish off with the giant pink monster. What a pipe dream.

"What is love? Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me. No more." *Celica casts Ragnarok on Sharena*

"I don't know why you're not fair. I give you my love, but you don't care. So what is right and what is wrong? Gimme a sign." *Sharena falls in battle. Game over.*

My Brave Lance Effie would probably just ORKO Celica lol.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

49 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What if we could spend feathers, badges, or both to upgrade the unit’s generic non-+ weapons to +?
This might cost 19,999 feathers instead of 20,000 for promoting a fodder unit to 5⋆ just because.

I stand by a feather cost to change a character's nature to a random new one. 2000 Feathers to change a 5 star's nature.

Edited by Zeo

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

I stand by a feather cost to change a character's nature to a random new one. 2000 Feathers to change a 5 star's nature.

1) Natures work well to simulate the staple of the series—random stat growth;
2) 2,000 feathers is laughably cheap anyway.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

1) Natures work well to simulate the staple of the series—random stat growth;
2) 2,000 feathers is laughably cheap anyway.

1. The idea of that is nice, but in a game where you could potentially never pull the same unit again (Like my -ATK Bride Caeda!) the wrong nature can spell doom, particularly for your favorites. It's understandable though to not do this from a business standpoint because then you wouldn't have to spend as many orbs for the right nature. 

2. Not really. 

Example: I want a +ATK/-SPD Reinhardt. I have +DEF/-HP, 1st Roll: +SPD/-ATK. 2nd Roll: +DEF/-HP, 3rd Roll: +RES/-SPD, 4th Roll: +HP/-RES. You've already spent 8000 feathers.

If it was going to be expensive, you would be able to choose the nature, which they will never let you do.

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

My Brave Lance Effie would probably just ORKO Celica lol.

Yeah, but Distant Counter is like insult to injury. Throw a fireball at Effie? She chucks a boulder at you and when it's her turn, she stabs you twice for good measure.

@Zeo A suboptimal or bad nature isn't as big of a deal as it sounds, and natures in general are hardly relevant unless you're shooting for Tier 20 in Arena and staying there, which is a long ways off for most people to begin with.

2,000 feathers is pocket change. I could reroll someone's nature four or more times hoping to get the right one, or just promote four pieces of skill fodder to 4*. It's all opportunity cost.

10 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Is the Gauntlet rewards coming in 10 minutes? If so, I'll finally have enough to summon again. :D

Just checked, and you’re right! Time to pull reds again.

Got my first Atk- 5*! Maybe it was because I questioned the Rezzy magic. It was summer Tiki (Spd+/Atk-) which was a little disappointing, but that's nothing Fury/L&D can't fix though! Now to find a way to build her...

Edit: Hm... I don't know if I want to get rid of Close Def though...

Edited by KongDude

Is windsweep worth keeping on a +spd Alm? Or should I just take it off and try to get him to double things?

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Is windsweep worth keeping on a +spd Alm? Or should I just take it off and try to get him to double things?

Yeah, he doesn't need it. It's a gimmick not used well by many units. Renewal is a good idea on him, since he has high HP and decent physical bulk.

17 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah, he doesn't need it. It's a gimmick not used well by many units. Renewal is a good idea on him, since he has high HP and decent physical bulk.

Put Renewal on top of his Falchion's innate Renewal?

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yup. Mad sustain. It's a great combo for any Falchion user.

If I get any more Fae, then I'll have to consider that. (My only Fae is 5-star and +atk -HP, she's pretty much perfect so I'm keeping her.) In case I never do get another easy Renewal, what else is a good option for a B-slot skill on Alm?

18 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

If I get any more Fae, then I'll have to consider that. (My only Fae is 5-star and +atk -HP, she's pretty much perfect so I'm keeping her.) In case I never do get another easy Renewal, what else is a good option for a B-slot skill on Alm?

Quick Riposte or Swordbreaker are nice. Swordbreaker is always good, but your +Spd one might not need QR that often, especially if you have Fury on him.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Quick Riposte or Swordbreaker are nice. Swordbreaker is always good, but your +Spd one might not need QR that often, especially if you have Fury on him.

All right, noted. Thanks!

What's a good A for Julia? I was thinking about doing Res +3 since mine's Res+/HP- and throwing Glacies on her instead of Dragon Fang. Is it worth an A slot for about 6 more points of special damage? I seriously don't know what else I should put on her :/

34 minutes ago, KongDude said:

What's a good A for Julia? I was thinking about doing Res +3 since mine's Res+/HP- and throwing Glacies on her instead of Dragon Fang. Is it worth an A slot for about 6 more points of special damage? I seriously don't know what else I should put on her :/

Most Julias I see run fury. I'd probably run that as well if I had her.

So I accomplished my goal of saving up 60k of feathers should there be BK/Zelgius GHB, and I'll be able to get the max merge without delay. So now I'm treating my feathers as that 60k as the baseline - I plan on promoting Xander next but I'll need another 18k feathers for that.

Still midly anal about using diving terms of "F2P", "P2W" and the like. While it is true that putting in money increases the odds, it's still by a very marginal amount unless people are literally spending hundreds of dollars on it. With that said, in an actual realistic situation, there are many people that likely didn't pay a cent and got a handful of 5*s and great characters overall (myself, included).

2 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Still midly anal about using diving terms of "F2P", "P2W" and the like. While it is true that putting in money increases the odds, it's still by a very marginal amount unless people are literally spending hundreds of dollars on it. With that said, in an actual realistic situation, there are many people that likely didn't pay a cent and got a handful of 5*s and great characters overall (myself, included).

There's some sort of pride from not spending a penny and having better luck/skill than the people who do pay, I guess. The term "whale" I supposed to be negative too, since it's a poker term for people with lots of money but don't know what they're doing.

i'm f2p btw