Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Wanna bet I can? :P

Honestly though, why not Ogma? 35/34 at neutral can be made into a quad set without much trouble (+Spd and a Hone speed give you 41 speed), and he can actually take a hit to get into Desperation range relativly well.

For some reason my brain thought Ogma was really slow 

Must've been thinking about someone else heh (it's probably because I never see him)

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Good thing too. His res is awful so it's so easy to kill him LUL

I think he has the lowest res in the game, if I'm remembering right 

Poor Ogma

You know it's bad when even Odin can kill you :(

2 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

tfw when you log in and the first mode you tap is Tempest Trials out of habit.

Hey so what's this subplot with Alm and Masked Marth venturing off to save Celica? Shouldn't Sharena be the one to save her? 

People think this means next month's Tempest Trial will be the same as this one, but with Alm's and Celica's roles switched. Which would just be so boring and lame. I'm tired of everything being about Echoes lately, while Magvel, Tellius, and Jugdral are just sitting back here with few enough characters and banners to just count on one hand.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

I think he has the lowest res in the game, if I'm remembering right 

Poor Ogma

Yeah, he's tied with Bartre and Virion for lowest res in the game.

Literally all of his other stats are pretty good though, which can't be said about the other two...

21 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Not to mention, it depends on what type of unit you're asking about. You can't give Life and Death to Frederick or Ogma XD

+Spd Frederick has 35 Spd with Brave Axe+, Life and Death 3, and a Hone Cavalry buff and keeps 31 Def. That's neutral Cordelia's Spd without Hone Fliers while not giving a damn about the counterattack.

Edited by Ice Dragon

10 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Not to mention, it depends on what type of unit you're asking about. You can't give Life and Death to Frederick or Ogma XD 

1 minute ago, Oboro! said:

Ogma runs Life and Death very well. He also has enough physical bulk to take Life and Death without being a complete tissue. He is a tissue for sneezing mages though.

4 minutes ago, Apples said:

Duly noted. It appears that most of the internet has come to a consensus on unit builds anyway, making discussion non-existent/uninteresting. 
And I'll leave the replies at that. 

If you can come up with viable interesting builds, we would gladly hear it. The problem I have with many interesting builds I have seen in the Wiki and other sites is that those builds crack under pressure. For PvE, the Tempest Trials follow Arena builds because you need the high offensive power to overcome the enemies' increased bulk; even walls in the Arena nuke down their enemies with Triangle Adept and Quick Riposte.

The game also gives out over 40,000 Feathers and over a hundred Orbs every month, so summoning a Hana and promoting her to 5* for skill fodder once a month is very doable.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

+Spd Frederick has 35 Spd with Brave Axe+, Life and Death 3, and a Hone Cavalry buff and keeps 31 Def. That's neutral Cordelia's offensive stats without Hone Fliers while not giving a damn about the counterattack.

It might be me, but 35 Spd doesn't sound that good if it already includes buffs and +Spd.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

People think this means next month's Tempest Trial will be the same as this one, but with Alm's and Celica's roles switched. Which would just be so boring and lame. I'm tired of everything being about Echoes lately, while Magvel, Tellius, and Jugdral are just sitting back here with few enough characters and banners to just count on one hand.

Yeah, Magvel and Jugdral really deserve some love.

I suppose most people have recently played SoV now, so I understand why this is the best time to overload us with it, but I do hope the other older continents get a turn soon. I don't really mind the amount we got so far, but I feel more would be pushing it a little.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Ogma runs Life and Death very well. He also has enough physical bulk to take Life and Death without being a complete tissue. He is a tissue for sneezing mages though.

He would have been one without Life and Death anyway, so who cares.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

People think this means next month's Tempest Trial will be the same as this one, but with Alm's and Celica's roles switched. Which would just be so boring and lame. I'm tired of everything being about Echoes lately, while Magvel, Tellius  and Jugdral are just sitting back here with few enough characters and banners to just count on one hand.

Well a month ago I definitely didn't guess Echoes would be picked for the second Trial because of the lack of characters and maps. Then they added a ton. Maybe the next Trial will also serve to celebrate a massive expansion of characters. Probably not Magvel or judgral though, as there aren't any existing maps associated with those series to my knowledge. My money was on Archanea, and it still is for Trial Three. If anything, the dialogue at the end claims some significance with Falchion users being connected in some way, even if it's not by blood relation. They could introduce Nyna in a banner and have her be the blue mage boss while the Tempest Trials character you earn is Sirius, a copy of Camus.

Or just do a Fates themed banner to buy more time. New content doesn't grow on trees, and there's ten Fates maps already in the game they could use. Just don't do the Ryoma map plz. I don't want anybody in a 1v1

Edited by Gustavos

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Yeah, Magvel and Jugdral really deserve some love.

I suppose most people have recently played SoV now, so I understand why this is the best time to overload us with it, but I do hope the other older continents get a turn soon. I don't really mind the amount we got so far, but I feel more would be pushing it a little.

Yeah, I understand wanting to advertise it, but weren't the first Alm and Celica banners and story chapters enough? We didn't need everything else yet.

Hahaha... The highest resistance my green mages collectively have is 29. Thanks, +Def, -Res Sonya. Freebie Cecilia if she were a 5*, -Res Sonya, and +Def, -Spd Soren all cap at 29 resistance. Could have been 32, but nope... 3 less resistance is going to miss out on some units for Res Ploy.

Blue mages hit 30 with =Res Mae and Ursula if she was a 5* and red mages cap at 29 with 5* Sophia. I think I might have a +Res Cecilia and Sophia somewhere. Well, I did, but they disappeared for reasons...

Basically, none of my mages have +32 resistance. Also, summoning Sonya today means my different blue and green mages total is quadruple my different red mage total. Oh, and I got more +HP, -whatever Raighs. You are not the red mage I am looking for.

Edited by Kaden

4 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Well a month ago I definitely didn't guess Echoes would be picked for the second Trial because of the lack of characters and maps. Then they added a ton. Maybe the next Trial will also serve to celebrate a massive expansion of characters. Probably not Magvel or judgral though, as there aren't any existing maps associated with those series to my knowledge. My money was on Archanea, and it still is for Trial Three. If anything, the dialogue at the end claims some significance with Falchion users being connected in some way, even if it's not by blood relation. They could introduce Nyna in a banner and have her be the blue mage boss while the Tempest Trials character you earn is Sirius, a copy of Camus.

At this point they may as well make Linde the final boss...

I'd really like to get Sirius though. I'm using Camus enough that he might already have maxed HM by that time, and it's not like regular Camus can have optimal natures.

Or just do a Fates themed banner to buy more time. New content doesn't grow on trees, and there's ten Fates maps already in the game they could use. Just don't do the Ryoma map plz. I don't want my healer in a 1v1

You know you can swap positions in TT right?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I understand wanting to advertise it, but weren't the first Alm and Celica banners and story chapters enough? We didn't need everything else yet.

I don't think it's advertising those games anymore. Now that most people have finished the games, they'll want the later obtainable characters like Mathilda and Delthea as well, and enough people will enjoy another chance at the previous echoes banner now that they actually know all the characters. It's more about marketing in Heroes then trying to sell Echoes at this point.

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

I don't think it's advertising those games anymore. Now that most people have finished the games, they'll want the later obtainable characters like Mathilda and Delthea as well, and enough people will enjoy another chance at the previous echoes banner now that they actually know all the characters. It's more about marketing in Heroes then trying to sell Echoes at this point.

I suppose. But IS still can't just keep doing Echoes stuff forever. There are a bunch more FE games out there they can grab from, plus there's still CYL.

Just now, Bartozio said:

Yeah, he's tied with Bartre and Virion for lowest res in the game.

Literally all of his other stats are pretty good though, which can't be said about the other two...

Virion

Why did they give him defiant res again?

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

+Spd Frederick has 35 Spd with Brave Axe+, Life and Death 3, and a Hone Cavalry buff and keeps 31 Def. That's neutral Cordelia's offensive stats without Hone Fliers while not giving a damn about the counterattack.

Yeah 35 speed is amazing!

1 minute ago, Oboro! said:

Yeah 35 speed is amazing!

People were telling me my Sharena's 36 speed was low some time ago in this thread. :/ So how is 35 speed good, but 36 is bad?

Just now, Anacybele said:

People were telling me my Sharena's 36 speed was low some time ago in this thread. :/ So how is 35 speed good, but 36 is bad?

I was being sarcastic lol

35 speed isn't amazing, but it's DEFINITELY not bad at all. You won't double the speed demons, but you also won't get doubled much either!

5 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

I was being sarcastic lol

35 speed isn't amazing, but it's DEFINITELY not bad at all. You won't double the speed demons, but you also won't get doubled much either!

Oh. :P Yeah, true that. I never thought of regular Frederick ever being able to reach speed like that, because I pay more attention to his attack and defense since they're his best stats. I'm still content with my +Def, -Spd Armored Blow one that barely gets touched by physical attacks (especially with def buffs), but looks like you can't go wrong with a +Spd Freddy (that's not -Atk or -Def) either!

My Frederick has base 39 Def, and when he has Armored Blow 3, that'll jump to 45 on player phase. With Fortify Def and/or one of them cav-boosting skills, it could probably go over 50! That's my goal, to make the best tank out of mah Freddy Bear.

Edited by Anacybele

25 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

He would have been one without Life and Death anyway, so who cares.

Neutral vanilla Ogma can survive neutral vanilla Odin as long as Odin is not Eirika buffed. Ogma can still survive with Life and Death. I think Ogma can survive most bottom tier mages with his high HP and good Speed, so I guess he is not a complete tissue, and more like a paper towel instead.

12 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Why did they give him defiant res again?

Maybe for puns. He is defying Walhart and he works with the Valmese resistance. I am not sure why they gave Selena Reposition instead of Harsh Command.

Edited by XRay

Yup, I just checked, +Def Freddy with Armored Blow 3 and a Fortify Cav boost has 51 Def on player phase (39 + 6 + 6 = 51). And this isn't factoring in that there could be more than one Fortify Cav user on the team or a Fortify Def user! Add 6 MORE from a second Fortify Cav user and you get 57 Def!

Fortify Cav adds to res too though, so my Freddy would also have 26 Res with two Fortify Cavs sitting next to him. Not too shabby. I think I might make this happen someday!

Horse Emblem with double Fortify Cav, here I come! I'll just have to pull another Jagen sometime and slap Fortify Cav on two of my other cavalry units. Reinhardt can keep his Goad Cavalry for now because the attack and speed boosts from it are nice too. Fortify Cavalry will go to other peeps. I'd like someone with Hone Cav too though. I guess that should go to Frederick! Just too bad I haven't pulled anyone with it.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Anacybele Buffs don't stack. Frederick is hard capped at 51 Def. Spur Def and Ward Cavalry can give additional Def though.

Then I guess Ward Cavalry will have to do in that case. I have that available on Eliwood, at least.

So Reinhardt - Goad Cavalry

Freddy - Hone Cavalry

Cav 3 - Fortify Cavalry

Cav 4 - Ward Cavalry

Works for me! The only problem is deciding who cavs 3 and 4 should be.

Edited by Anacybele

I have a 5* Nino now! Checked after upgrading and she's +HP -Atk, which is unfortunate, but whatever. She's still Nino.

I gave her Desperation, and I think she may be worth finally being the one to take Swift Sparrow from my extra s!Lucina.

Ugh not enough feathers for what I want to do :( I need lots of feathers for SI, such as Bonfire and Desperation fodder, but I also need to promote Nowi and Legion. I'm holding off on my three Bonfires for now...

I can't wait to merge my Catria's though :D