Got into a summoning rhythm on the Brodian banner. I filled out those little pips (though only my first Caeldori is worth any mention, not that I even like her) and I sparked Eitr, then summoned some more. I'll need to earn more orbs now, but hopefully I'll manage to get the Brodian princes before this banner runs out. (At least Alcryst since he's not going into the general pool.) Still, I kind of find this lack of luck to be funny. Well, things have gone my way in the past, and they will again in the future, so there's no reason to complain about things going poorly right now. ^_^

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's that time of the week again. Red for Overseas Memories.

1. 3* Colm: Or not.

Green for Summer Refreshes.

1. 4* Scathach: Or not, again.

Blue for the Draconic Aura banner.

1. 3* Subaki: Not quite.

Grey for Weekly Revival 31.

1. 4* Kagero: No.

Blue for Weekly Revival 65.

1. 3* L'Arachel: No.

Blue for Eitr's banner to see if I can pick her up.

1. 3* Gaius: No.
  2. 4* Florina: No.
  3. 4* Clair: No.
  4. 4* Lucius: No.
  5. 4* Karin: No.

Oh well. Now for the weekly Arena ticket.

1. 5* Nils: Hey, he's finally here! +Res/-Def is decent enough too. A nice way to end this week's session.

Still getting no joy from New Heroes 20 pulls in (and back to 0 orbs), but a nice consolation from the Book 1 weekly revival with a free Louise, who is new to me.

Week 1: Horse Chrom
Week 2: Luke
Week 3: Lewyn
Week 4: Maribelle
Week 5: Velouria
Week 6: Takumi
Week 7: Nah
Week 8: Mareeta
Week 9: Brave Veronica
Week 10: Laegjarn
Week 11: Male Byleth
Week 12: Luke
Week 13: Velouria
Week 14: Phina
Week 15: Mareeta
Week 16: Brave Lysithea
Week 17: Owain
Week 18: Larum
Week 19: Jaffar
Week 20: Nina
Week 21: Phina
Week 22: Velouria
Week 23: Jaffar
Week 24: Maribelle
Week 25: Brave Lyn
Week 26: Lucina
Week 27: Jaffar
Week 28: Midori
Week 29: Claude
Week 30: Ishtar
Week 31: Elise
Week 32: Sword Reinhardt
Week 33: Silque

Week 34: Brave Claude

Still nothing on Engage 25 pulls in. Minor consolation prize on the HoF banner with my second Dorothy, so I have an obvious recipient of Alcryst's fodder should I get him.

Weekly arena freebie is, uh, that green cat guy. I can never remember his name, but he just won't stop appearing for me.

This week's free Arena ticket gets me Celica:

Spoiler
  1. Brave Veronica (A)
  2. Leila
  3. Luke
  4. Leila
  5. Innes
  6. Flying Olivia
  7. Mareeta
  8. Phina
  9. Gray
  10. Sigurd (B)
  11. Ryoma
  12. Bernadetta
  13. Laegjarn
  14. Laegjarn
  15. Fallen Female Corrin
  16. Fallen Ike
  17. Say'ri
  18. Karel
  19. Female Byleth
  20. Takumi
  21. Fallen Tiki
  22. Ike
  23. Sigurd
  24. Ike
  25. Elincia
  26. Luke
  27. Elise
  28. Helpful Chrom
  29. Tome Eirika
  30. Brave Roy
  31. Leaf
  32. Faye
  33. Fallen Mareeta
  34. Celica

187 pulls on the second summer banner:

• 1 Ymir (+1 spark)
  • 2 Fjorm
  • 1 Ivy
  • 2 5-star Tharja
  • 11 4-star Tharja
  • 7 pity breakers
    • Male Shez
    • Brave Chrom
    • Farina
    • Ascended Fir
    • Brave Eirika
    • Sain
    • Neimi

3.2% focus rate is average. 7.0% 5-star rate is about 1 pull above average.

I got everything I wanted, and I'm below budget, so I'm content with the results.

Fjorm didn't come home until after I had already gotten 12 copies of Tharja, and she had a Spd Flaw because of course she would, so I tried for a second one because I was far enough below budget to do so, and ended up getting one with a Spd Asset, so all is still well.

Ivy is [+Res, -Spd], which is fine. The non-spark copy of Ymir has a Def Asset, and I'm considering letting her keep that one over the neutral spark since the extra bulk is nice to have.

Even though I'm still hurting for orbs while trickle-summoning on the New Heroes banner, I got three blue orbs on the Mythic banner and so I decided to open all three. Good thing I did, because the third and final one was a +HP -Spd Rearmed Ingrid. Then I figured what the hell, for seven orbs let's finish the circle, and picked up a +Spd -Def Legendary Sigurd. Does it make up for my bad luck for all of July before that? I'm not sure, but at least it isn't a total loss anymore.

I can't really use Ingrid's fodder right now - partly why I didn't bother getting her originally - since I can't justify down-converting 2000 Divine Codes 3. That, and none of the current-gen lance fliers really appeal to me anyway besides Spring Michalis, and he can't use it because he's slow. Hopefully by the time a nice next-gen lance flier turns up we'll have reasonable access to Guard Bearing. Really is a bummer that she can only efficiently be used for fliers.

As for Sigurd, I guess it just means my existing +Def copy goes to +1.

EDIT: For whatever reason, it didn't occur to me to just give Rearmed Ingrid's kit to Summer Ingrid, who I have at +Spd +1. I could sack a Jill to get bridging fodder for the Hold skill, and also replace Ingrid's stock Sturdy Impact with Atk/Spd Push I guess. Dunno what fourth skill to give Rearmed Ingrid first in order to get the full quad-inheritance value though - I only have one Ruptured Sky so giving it to a Rearmed hero I only have one copy of would be stupid.

Edited by Humanoid

40 pulls on the Freyr banner just to reach the spark for now since I had enough orbs left over from the summer banner plus the discounted orb packs to do so:

• 0 Freyr (+1 spark)
  • 2 Nerthuz
  • 0 Ingrid
  • 2 Mediuth

On the plus side, I got 2 copies of Nerthuz, who is more valuable than Freyr. On the minus side, I got pity broken by Mediuth twice.

I decided to spark for Freyr after all since this gives me an excuse to not pull on this banner later if I need to spend my budget elsewhere.

A little over 20 orbs in and...well, I got Ingrid. So, okay? I didn't have her and she's a rearmed unit, but I would have rather gotten either goat. Well, when I get more orbs I'll try again, and hopefully pull Freyr or Goat Aunt.

Apparently, the gacha knows that I haven’t been pulling for any of the recent 8% units (F!Shez was the latest one I spent orbs to acquire). So, it decided to take pity on me and gave me a free pull Freyr. It didn’t, however, pity me enough to give the Freyr a good asset/flaw combo (+Spd/-Def) but hey, I still appreciate the gesture.

And for his part, Freyr himself apparently likes me since I also free pulled his summer alt from the Double Special Heroes banner he was on last year.

Edited by Tybrosion

Grey for the Hall of Forms banner.

1. 4* Lapis: A new unit! Full neutral's not bad either. Welcome to the barracks.

Grey for A Sketchy Summer.

1. 3* Linhardt: No.

Grey again for the BHB banner.

1. 4* Natasha: No.

Green for Weekly Revival 32.

1. 4* Nino: No.

Red for Weekly Revival 66.

1. 5* F!Alear: That's a nice surprise. +Res/-Def is bad, so merge fodder for my +HP/-Spd copy.

Blue for the Lull banner.

1. 3* Nino: No.

Lastly, two circles from Freyr's banner to see if I get lucky. 190 orbs isn't enough for me to splurge too much.

Spoiler
  1. 4* Olivia: No.
  2. 4* Florina: No.
  3. 3* Shanna: Desperation fodder.
  4. 3* Balthus: No.
  5. 4* Tanya: No.

Not a good sign...175 orbs left.

1. 4* Ferdinand: Reposition fodder.
  2. 3* Oboro: No.
  3. 4* Robin: No.
  4. 5* Eitri: A nice merge for my current +Atk/-Def copy since +Def/-HP is garbage.
  5. 4* Rebecca: No.

I picked up a merge for Eitri, which is good enough for two circles. I'm not stretching my luck any further than that, so time for the weekly Arena ticket.

1. 5* Leo: Whatever. Full neutral isn't as good as my current +1 +Atk copy, so merge time.

Engage hell continues, still absolutely nothing 35 pulls in. Spark will be when I can afford it in a couple of days (when the BHB orbs come in), but whether I'll be able to break that ~5% pity rate before the banner ends ...I have my doubts.

Weekly arena freebie is Maribelle which is a passable result, she goes to +1.

Anniversary stuff means I'm a day ahead of schedule finishing out the Engage banner, and finally being able to wave good riddance to it. That said, I actually closed it out in an acceptable way, with 4.75% coming into the last circle, I was able to nab both a +Res -Atk Citrinne and a +Spd -Def Diamant to salvage this banner. Both awful natures obviously, but it means there's no dilemma at all in terms of who to spark: choosing of course Alcryst.

Turns out it really was a July curse that resolved itself come August, remembering that I also got no focus units from 43 summons on the second Summer banner. With 0 orbs up my sleeve I'm also relieved I won't have to spend excess to break this pity rate.

Grey > Blue on Hero Fest since Grima is the only unit I don't have, but it was immaterial and I got nothing.

Wanted Blue on the SHSR freebie but none were present. Opted for grey as my secondary, to my mild regret I ended up with a +Spd -Atk Summer Noire. New to me at least, not that she's in any way relevant.

This week's free Arena ticket gets me Sigurd for the third time:

Spoiler
  1. Brave Veronica (A)
  2. Leila
  3. Luke
  4. Leila
  5. Innes
  6. Flying Olivia
  7. Mareeta
  8. Phina
  9. Gray
  10. Sigurd (B)
  11. Ryoma
  12. Bernadetta
  13. Laegjarn
  14. Laegjarn
  15. Fallen Female Corrin
  16. Fallen Ike
  17. Say'ri
  18. Karel
  19. Female Byleth
  20. Takumi
  21. Fallen Tiki
  22. Ike
  23. Sigurd
  24. Ike
  25. Elincia
  26. Luke
  27. Elise
  28. Helpful Chrom
  29. Tome Eirika
  30. Brave Roy
  31. Leaf
  32. Faye
  33. Fallen Mareeta
  34. Celica
  35. Sigurd

Today's 4-star SR Special Hero ticket gets me Bride Sigrun, who is now +2.

4* SR Special Ticket #1: Ballroom Reinhardt (+Atk/-Res, NEW)

I want to prioritize blues with these tickets since it's the color where I'm missing the most units (Duo Alfonse & Sharena most notable among those) and for the slight potential for Summer Cordelia merges. Obviously, I was given no blues to pull today but what I did get with Ticket #1 was pretty good. With Ballroom Reinhardt now in my barracks, I actually have a complete FE5 collection......just in time for the game to very likely get next month's New Heroes banner.

The Hero Fest tickets (+ free pull), meanwhile, got me F!Alear (+Atk/-HP, NEW) and Y!Tiki (+4 -> +5). Lapis, unfortunately, continues to elude me but I suppose that's to be expected. The other recent 3 star - 4 star demotes I don't have yet are Bastian and Dorothy.

That 4-star SR Special Ticket? Yeah...yeah, it gave me Bride Lyn, not Christmas Marth or anything like that that I was hoping for. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Lyn fan, but...Bride Lyn, now, in August 2023? Okay...

Anyway, the weekly Arena Ticket:

Week 1: Horse Chrom
Week 2: Luke
Week 3: Lewyn
Week 4: Maribelle
Week 5: Velouria
Week 6: Takumi
Week 7: Nah
Week 8: Mareeta
Week 9: Brave Veronica
Week 10: Laegjarn
Week 11: Male Byleth
Week 12: Luke
Week 13: Velouria
Week 14: Phina
Week 15: Mareeta
Week 16: Brave Lysithea
Week 17: Owain
Week 18: Larum
Week 19: Jaffar
Week 20: Nina
Week 21: Phina
Week 22: Velouria
Week 23: Jaffar
Week 24: Maribelle
Week 25: Brave Lyn
Week 26: Lucina
Week 27: Jaffar
Week 28: Midori
Week 29: Claude
Week 30: Ishtar
Week 31: Elise
Week 32: Sword Reinhardt
Week 33: Silque
Week 34: Brave Claude

Week 35: Brave Camilla

Daily SRSSRSHRSH is Valentine's Lyn. New to me so fair enough, and +Spd -HP is good, not that it matters for such an outdated unit.

Also averted disaster when I realised I didn't use the freebie from yesterday's New Heroes revival. I say that because it turned up a free Neutral CYL Marth, the only one I didn't have from that set. Cool beans. It now means Alm is the only CYL unit I don't have.

Edited by Humanoid

The bad news is that the special heroes banner has refused to give me blue orbs twice in a row. Blue is the only color where I'm missing more than half the units, so it's mathematically the best option for me.

The good news is that today it gave me a perfect Soiree Nephenee, whom I've wanted for a while. So I'm already pretty happy with the 4-star special hero banner thing.

Spent all my tickets on Hero Fest already and the only thing I got was Fallen Dimitri, but I guess he's at least a 5-star. Yesterday's ticket was Performing Arts Olivia, and I don't think she's better than the one I already have.

Edited by Sunwoo

4* SR Special Ticket #1: Ballroom Reinhardt (+Atk/-Res, NEW)
4* SR Special Ticket #2: Hot Springs Ryoma (+Atk/-Spd, NEW)

I'll just be content with any new units I can get. But man, Ryoma is really overdue for a new alt when this (a Prf-less Lance Flier who has been obsoleted to the point that he may as well not even exist) is still his latest one.

Banners as far as the eye can see. First, green for Nohrian Summer.

1. 4* Tanith: Or not.

Grey for the CYL5 Revival.

1. 4* Cordelia: Or not, again.

Red for the Abyss & Muspell Revival.

1. 5* Muspell: There we go. +HP/-Res is fine.

Green for Ascended Fjorm's Revival.

1. 3* Cath: Reposition fodder.

Blue for Byleth with the Hero Fest tickets.

1. 4* Merlinus: Reposition fodder.
  2. 3* Shanna: Desperation fodder.
  3. 3* Altena: No.
  4. 4* Sothe: No.
  5. 4* Phila: No.
  6. 4* Silas: Reposition fodder.

I feel like I never have good luck with Hero Fests. Now for the Weekly Arena ticket.

1. 5* Tibarn: Not bad. +Res/-Spd is awful, but I've got a +4 +Atk copy to merge into anyway.