"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 hours ago, Scarvin said:

This is my team.

Debating on whether I should promote Tharja, Nino, Kagero or Robin to 5 star. My Klein can one-shot Takumi. 

Any thoughts on what I need especially since battle events are coming up?

Michalis will be pretty easy for you since Klein one shots both pegasi. A flying axe or sword with good defense might be nice so they can face tank Michalis while you deal with said pegs, and a dancer will help you position Ephraim turn 1 to kill the sword cav on the right without having to deal with the lance peg if he's not bulky enough to tank both in a single turn, but you won't need to level the dancer since the walls on the map make it pretty easy to make safe spots.

Karel is going to be a bonus unit in arena, so you'll want to level him to max.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

What happens when a unit with Axebreaker attacks a Hector with Armads equipped?

Assuming Hector is at full HP, so Armads has the Quick Riposte effect.

Both effects negate each other fully, and the order of battle is decided by Spd alone.

Hey ppl. I'm nearing my second promotion to 5* from feathers so... I've been wondering, in your opinion, do any of these units award a promotion?

Abel         (+Atk, -Def)
Cherche   (+Atk, -HP)
Robin(M)  (+Def, -Spd)
Tiki(A)      (+Atk, -Spd)

(I selected units from my roster which Boon/Bane combo seemed interesting overall. And I'm not particularly in need of any of these in my team, I'm just planning fo the future)

3 hours ago, Ryuke said:

-Res/+Atk

-Def/+Atk

Neutral

-Atk/+Res

Gunter.

Choose one guys.

Basically, all Gunther cares about are attack and defense, so yeah, first one best one.

Edited by r4v1sh

+spd/-hp Reinhardt worth promoting to 5*? It seems I get speed boons on all the units that don't need it at all (like Effie). He's not -atk though, so with buffs from the rest of my team he could be viable maybe. -hp probably sucks though, although ideally he shouldn't be taking hits. 

Currently using Effie/Eirika/Sanaki/Elise (waiting for better green unit to pop up)

Thinking about replacing Elise, since my team is overflowing with buffs already between Sanaki and Eirika

In terms of game progress, I've completed story on normal, somewhere about halfway through hard. Stuff is around level 30 or so

1 hour ago, r4v1sh said:

Hey ppl. I'm nearing my second promotion to 5* from feathers so... I've been wondering, in your opinion, do any of these units award a promotion?

Abel         (+Atk, -Def)
Cherche   (+Atk, -HP)
Robin(M)  (+Def, -Spd)
Tiki(A)      (+Atk, -Spd)

(I selected units from my roster which Boon/Bane combo seemed interesting overall. And I'm not particularly in need of any of these in my team, I'm just planning for the future)

It's hard to give a good answer without knowing what the rest of your roster looks like, but I'd say they're all pretty solid.

Abel's going to see less use now that swordbreaker can be freely distributed and Reinhardt/Blarblade Ursula negate the need for another blue on horse teams. 

Cherche is solid if you need a good physical green nuke if you can get her Brave Axe and Death Blow.

Robin is amazing after inheritance, completely negating Takumi and other colorless with Triangle Adept and a being able to double despite his speed via a breaker of your choice.

I personally think Tiki is more useful for giving Lightning Breath to her younger self, but she's also a decent unit on her own.

Of the options you listed, I personally would go with either Cherche or Robin.

Alternatively, since you said you're planning for the future, you could hold onto your feathers for a while and maybe promote a future bonus Arena unit of your choice to 5* if you don't have a 5* for the bonus to ensure you rank well.

Just now, Argly902 said:

+spd/-hp Reinhardt worth promoting to 5*? It seems I get speed boons on all the units that don't need it at all (like Effie). He's not -atk though, so with buffs from the rest of my team he could be viable maybe. -hp probably sucks though, although ideally he shouldn't be taking hits. 

Yes.  The +spd will help him not get doubled and if you ever make a calvary team its possible to push his speed up to attacking 4x.  Not the best nature, but not terrible.  For now, Reinhardt will help if you're having problems with glass cannons since he's a horse ranged unit that's guaranteed to kill units like Takumi.

Edited by Lushen

23 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Yes.  The +spd will help him not get doubled and if you ever make a calvary team its possible to push his speed up to attacking 4x.  Not the best nature, but not terrible.  For now, Reinhardt will help if you're having problems with glass cannons since he's a horse ranged unit that's guaranteed to kill units like Takumi.

So -hp doesn't cripple him completely? I was more worried about that since +spd is like having almost no boon at all, so just evaluating whether -hp is going to get him killed in one round or not 

Mostly going this far in because it's going to be a long while until I get enough feathers to promote anyone again if I do invest in him

Edited by Argly902

Hey this may be a dumb question, but I'm thinking of giving a unit Wings of Mercy 1, 2 and 3. But, does it let you do a move after you warp, or does it end that units turn? I tried googling, but no one has asked, so, like I said, it may be a dumb question haha.

8 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Hey this may be a dumb question, but I'm thinking of giving a unit Wings of Mercy 1, 2 and 3. But, does it let you do a move after you warp, or does it end that units turn? I tried googling, but no one has asked, so, like I said, it may be a dumb question haha.

Yes, you can act (attack, heal, or rally) after you warp, you just can't move. Same with Escape Route.

I have a highly peculiar request

Can anyone supply me with a screenshot of Shanna saying her skill-learning quote? I forgot to do so before feeding her to someone for skill inheritance and it is vital for a joke I wish to make

I've been seeing some other questions pop up frequently in the "Ask a Question" thread, so I thought I'd add some more here for people to refer back to.

Q: Can you perform an action after warping with Wings of Mercy or Escape Route?

A: Yes, you can act (attack, heal, or rally) after warping, you just can't move.

Q: At what level threshold do you stop earning SP?

A: You can earn SP from opponents in Training Tower so long as the unit is no more than 6 levels below you (if they are a generic Emblian soldier) or 8 levels below you (if they are a named Hero) (credit to @shadowofchaos)

Q: Do these auras stack?

A: If you have two Hone/Fortify auras of the same type, they do not stack. Only the highest of the two goes into effect. The same applies for Rally skills. So for example, if you have a unit gaining Def +3 from Fortify Def 2, and Nowi uses Rally Def on them for Def +4, you will get Def +4, not Def +7. Stat debuffs work the same way. If an opponent gets Def -5 from Threaten Def and is then attacked by a unit with Seal Def (Def -7), they will have a net loss of Def -7, NOT Def -12. (So Ephraim's B and C skill clash with each other, which is lame.)

If However, skills that buff "during combat" (such as Spur or Goad skills) DO stack with auras and each other, so if, say, Anna gains Atk +4 from Olivia's Hone Attack and then enters combat adjacent to Lucina (who gives Atk +4 from Spur Atk), then Anna will gain Atk +8 in combat. Likewise, since Spur skills of the same stat stack, an Alfonse attacking next to two allies, both with Spur Atk, will gain Atk +8 in combat.

For units with the -blade tomes (like Nino or Tharja), "in combat" skills do NOT add to the damage of the -blade tome, only buffs given out of combat. An easier way to explain this is that if an ability generates a green arrow on the sprite or if it turns the numbers blue in the stat window, it will increase the damage of the -blade tome. Otherwise, it doesn't. As such, Spur skills and skills such as Fury or Death Blow do not add to the damage of a -blade tome. (This might have been worded awkwardly, so if you need images for clarification let me know.)

Q: Does Triangle Adept stack with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald weapon?

A: No. Triangle Adept is essentially the same thing as having a jewel weapon and vice versa. There is no merit in having both. 

Q: If my sword unit has swordbreaker and attacks an opposing sword unit with swordbreaker, what happens?

A: They cancel each other out and battle proceeds as normal as if neither unit had swordbreaker (doubling will be based on the units' speeds relative to the other, like usual). (Credit to @Ice Dragon)

That's all off the top of my head, but if I think of anything else I might add more. Hopefully at least some of you out there found this helpful!

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

5 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I have a highly peculiar request

Can anyone supply me with a screenshot of Shanna saying her skill-learning quote? I forgot to do so before feeding her to someone for skill inheritance and it is vital for a joke I wish to make

You mean this?

image.jpg

14 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

What is the best nature for Subaki? 

I would think you want something -Res, since Attack down isn't really good for anyone, Defense is his main stat (and consequentially HP is also important), and his speed isn't bad-- ergo, you want to sack speed. Best boon would be Defense I think....? Maybe?? I think any boon with a Res flaw would be fine though. 

9 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I would think you want something -Res, since Attack down isn't really good for anyone, Defense is his main stat (and consequentially HP is also important), and his speed isn't bad-- ergo, you want to sack speed. Best boon would be Defense I think....? Maybe?? I think any boon with a Res flaw would be fine though. 

I have 4 Subakis: one with ATK bane and HP boon, another with SPD boon but DEF bane,  and two from the hero battle. Which should I grind for Michalis' Hero battle again? 

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I have 4 Subakis: one with ATK bane and HP boon, another with SPD boon but DEF bane,  and two from the hero battle. Which should I grind for Michalis' Hero battle again? 

I'd probably go with one of the neutral Subakis from his hero battle.