"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Just now, Falcom said:

Alright thanks. Good to know. Thought Triangle Adept was the best choice.
And now I'm conflicted between Threaten Res, Savage Blow, or Spur/Hone Atk... XD

I'm personally of the opinion that the C-slot is best used for auras that benefit the rest of your team, so I'd go with something like Hone Atk/Spd. 

For the most part, Threaten Skills are only worth it on tanks like Effie and not so much on ranged units as you really want their targets to be dead after a round of combat (and it's more difficult to maneuver around to get the Threaten effect in before combat, though you can certainly go for it if you want). 

Savage Blow is decent on ranged units, but again, I think in the long run a team aura benefits you more overall than 7 points of chip damage. 

In any case, I don't claim to be an expert on the game, so of course take all of my advice with a grain of salt. These are just my personal opinions. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Alright thanks. Good to know. Thought Triangle Adept was the best choice.
And now I'm conflicted between Threaten Res, Savage Blow, or Spur/Hone Atk... XD

Depends on the rest of your team, and whether or not Robin will stick with them, or will go out and assassinate things.

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

In any case, I don't claim to be an expert on the game, so of course take all of my advice with a grain of salt. These are just my personal opinions. 

Mmm, salt.  :P:

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I would hold off promoting until the bonus units for next season are revealed. However, since Sharena is highly likely to show up on the new rotation given how the past two turned out, my suggestion is to give her the bump. The others I would suggest are your 4* Eirika, Olivia, and Catria, but Sharena requires the least amount of skill inheritance to function compared to them and works great as a supporting unit. If you're fine with your pool of 5* red swords, you could even pass Eirika's Hone Spd to Sharena to replace Fortify Def with and perform her role much better. Although, Marth and Lyn are -Spd, for 31 and 34 Spd compared to Eirika's 35, so it's up to you.

Right-o, thanks for the suggestions.

What's the most efficient way to get these last two levels on my 5* Priscilla? Actually..for 5* healers in general? Trying to scum it up by having her heal a unit repeatedly yields..1 exp. I really don't want to do 5k turns just to get her up to lvl40. I've tried having other units weaken enemies and letting Priscilla pick them off, but even then that gives only a small amount of exp. Am I stuck grinding for the next million years?

1 minute ago, lordcorrin said:

What's the most efficient way to get these last two levels on my 5* Priscilla? Actually..for 5* healers in general? Trying to scum it up by having her heal a unit repeatedly yields..1 exp. I really don't want to do 5k turns just to get her up to lvl40. I've tried having other units weaken enemies and letting Priscilla pick them off, but even then that gives only a small amount of exp. Am I stuck grinding for the next million years?

Get a unit with Fury. Unequip their weapon. Get them bashed at the first stratum and heal every turn. Start killing when Priscilla no longer gets exp. Rinse and repeat.  

4 minutes ago, lordcorrin said:

Max out your castle exp, if you haven't already. Focus on KO'ing Lv. 39 and 40 units since she's 38, otherwise the exp from same or lower-leveled enemies is significantly less. If nothing else, you can also spend colorless / universal crystals to help close the gap.

Hope this helped.

EDIT: Also, bring a unit with Poison Strike or a Pain staff, as it makes netting KO's easier.

Edited by MrSmokestack

7 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Get a unit with Fury. Unequip their weapon. Get them bashed at the first stratum and heal every turn. Start killing when Priscilla no longer gets exp. Rinse and repeat.  

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Max out your castle exp, if you haven't already. Focus on KO'ing Lv. 39 and 40 units since she's 38, otherwise the exp from same or lower-leveled enemies is significantly less. If nothing else, you can also spend colorless / universal crystals to help close the gap.

Hope this helped.

EDIT: Also, bring a unit with Poison Strike or a Pain staff, as it makes netting KO's easier.

I'll experiment with both of these. Thanks!

21 minutes ago, lordcorrin said:

The thing about healers is that they're the slowest to level, but the tradeoff is that they're by far the cheapest to level since they get the same amount of exp healing people in the first stratum as the tenth. 

As Kiran mentioned, I generally just have a unit with Fury unequip their weapon and stand in front of an enemy while the healer chills in the back and heals every turn. It's slow, but it's steady and cheap. 

What's a good weapon for a healer to have? My Lissa's currently still using Gravity, but I have a Sakura, Serra, Wrys and Azama for potential Fear, Absorb, Slow and Pain, respectively.

(I also have a spare Lissa to do some Inherit Merging...)

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

What's a good weapon for a healer to have? My Lissa's currently still using Gravity, but I have a Sakura, Serra, Wrys and Azama for potential Fear, Absorb, Slow and Pain, respectively.

Azama's already the best user of the pain staff, -Atk would give him 15 Atk at 3 stars, meaning it's very easy for him to do the last 10 points of damage and have the unit you're training finish.

Gravity is probably the best---dancer\draw-back\reposition + gravity = all melees without distant-counter are 100% fucked. I don't use healers much myself, though---and the only reason I know gravity is amazing is because I used Leo for a bit---so I don't know about the other staves.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

What's the point of having your healer attack?

If you actually want kills, it's Assault.  The rest depends on why you're attacking.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

What's the point of having your healer attack?

If you actually want kills, it's Assault.  The rest depends on why you're attacking.

Various reasons, including Lissa being a Training Tower unit as well as an Arena one. Gravity is a good-but-not-great escape tool, while the others are good at weakening foes or making Lissa do her job as a half-tank easier.

Honestly, while I've the idea of giving my Lissa her choice of tools, I've got to look at my other Lissa. Namely, the fact that +Def -Res is better than my main one's +Spd -HP. Thank goodness for merges.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Various reasons, including Lissa being a Training Tower unit as well as an Arena one. Gravity is a good-but-not-great escape tool, while the others are good at weakening foes or making Lissa do her job as a half-tank easier.

Honestly, while I've the idea of giving my Lissa her choice of tools, I've got to look at my other Lissa. Namely, the fact that +Def -Res is better than my main one's +Spd -HP. Thank goodness for merges.

It sounds like Lissa's main purpose is to keep everyone alive, including herself.  In which case, your options are:

- Slow, if everyone in your team is over 30 speed
- Fear otherwise

Slow will make it so that faster characters only attack once - in other words, you mitigate damage by canceling an attack.  Fear is great for pre-healing 6 damage, by making sure the opponent doesn't inflict it in the first place.

If I need absolute damage mitigation, I'll use Sakura - she gets Fortify Defense, Still-Water Balm, and Fear, which is -10 damage from a single source, if Olivia can dance for her.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

I've actually had some luck with just Panic.  I think attacking with a healer is vastly underestimated.  Not to say that it's going to happen a lot, but it will save your skin every few matches. 

As eclipse said, assault is the best imo.  Others will say Pain, but I find myself using healers after another unit weakens rather than the other way around more often.  Pain will end up doing more damage overall, though which allows my healer to kill other mages and finish off units.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

It sounds like Lissa's main purpose is to keep everyone alive, including herself.  In which case, your options are:

- Fear otherwise

Slow will make it so that faster characters only attack once - in other words, you mitigate damage by canceling an attack.  Fear is great for pre-healing 6 damage, by making sure the opponent doesn't inflict it in the first place.

If I need absolute damage mitigation, I'll use Sakura - she gets Fortify Defense, Still-Water Balm, and Fear, which is -10 damage from a single source, if Olivia can dance for her.

Ah, memories of using Sakura before I realised the power of Rehabilitate. I could probably make good use of her now... well, this just got more confusing.

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I've actually had some luck with just Panic.  I think attacking with a healer is vastly underestimated.  Not to say that it's going to happen a lot, but it will save your skin every few matches. 

As eclipse said, assault is the best imo.  Others will say Pain, but I find myself using healers after another unit weakens rather than the other way around more often.  Pain will end up doing more damage overall, though which allows my healer to kill other mages and finish off units.

My Training Tower healer will like additional non-lethal damage. In an Arena, not so much. Panic sounds nice- shame I don't have the fodder.

15 minutes ago, eclipse said:

- Fear otherwise

If you have an Olivia there to dance for you, you might as well kill the threat outright (and if you don't have any member on your team that can kill the threat with two turns, your team probably needs restructuring). 

The best defense is a good offense, as they say!

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

If you have an Olivia there to dance for you, you might as well kill the threat outright (and if you don't have any member on your team that can kill the threat with two turns, your team probably needs restructuring). 

The best defense is a good offense, as they say!

My style is heavy on baiting.  Yes, I can dive and kill that Takumi, but the Lucina behind him will obliterate my Camilla.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

My style is heavy on baiting.  Yes, I can dive and kill that Takumi, but the Lucina behind him will obliterate my Camilla.

That's perfectly fair.

It's just that I find dancers and healers to be a lot more optimal for completely different playstyles.

Dancers are generally used to their full potential on hyper offensive rush teams whereas healers are more preferred for more defensive playstyles. That's not to say you can't have a dancer and healer on the same team and make it work, of course, just that it's a less common scenario. 

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

That's perfectly fair.

It's just that I find dancers and healers to be a lot more optimal for completely different playstyles.

Dancers are generally used to their full potential on hyper offensive rush teams whereas healers are more preferred for more defensive playstyles. That's not to say you can't have a dancer and healer on the same team and make it work, of course, just that it's a less common scenario. 

Dancer + gravity\Leo rapes melees, but slowly. It turns every unit into an armor, and armors get raped by the ranged damage + dancer combo. 2 good offensive units usually have enough coverage between them that the 3rd and 4th slots can be used for support and bonus unit, or wild card if the bonus happens to be a good offensive unit.

Edit: I also tend to use my dancers very defensively, letting my units poke for free before retreating out of range.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

I got 4* +Atk/-Spd Lilina and +Spd/-Atk Raigh. How would that affect them?

That's a great IV for Lilina, she wasn't going to double anyone already and you don't want her to be attacked so being doubled a lot doesn't matter much (still it will make her more fragile). But +Att is definitely where she wants to put her points in.

+Speed is good for Raigh but not enough either to bring him to the very good speed tiers. -Att is very bad. So it's a pretty "meh" IV on a unit who's not really performant in the first place.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

All right, can someone explain to me Windsweep and Fortress Defence? I now have an Alm and a Lukas and I kinda want to use one.

Windsweep makes it so if Alm attacks someone in melee range, if the difference in speed is within the skill's range, the enemy doesn't get to attack back, at all.

Fortress Defense looks like it just adds to Lukas' defense and subtracts from his attack. I may be wrong though.

Question on my end. Just pulled another 5* Kagero. They are both +Spd, my current one is -HP and the new one is -DEF. My gut tells me my current one is better, as DEF is a better defensive stat than HP. Which do I keep?

18 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

All right, can someone explain to me Windsweep and Fortress Defence? I now have an Alm and a Lukas and I kinda want to use one.

Windsweep makes it so that when Alm initiates an attack, if the opponent is a physical weapon type and Alm has 5/3/1 more Spd than the opponent, Alm attacks exactly once and the opponent cannot counterattack.

Presumably, Brash Assault will negate Windsweep's prevention of your own follow-up attack and allow a follow-up attack if Alm has 5 more Spd than the opponent.

On enemy phase or if the opponent is faster or if the opponent is a magical weapon type, nothing different happens.

Fortress Def is similar to Life and Death. It gives a flat +3/4/5 Def and -3 Atk.