"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

11 minutes ago, claire said:

which fae should i promo to five stars

IMG_5976.PNG.131b0fd4fada2a48f19e397f8b9eb4df.PNGIMG_5977.PNG.b7a318335c4247a9498e636d8aebdd08.PNGIMG_5978.PNG.7bf215aa6cb22670189466ef3c260dac.PNG

i had a fourth but i can't find her wtf

Use them all for renewal fodder

Otherwise, I'd say the first or third one :)

Edited by Arcanite

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just got a second Takumi which is great, but the sad part is that he has an horrible nature (+Res/-Spd).

Considering, I already have a Takumi with a more serviceable nature (+HP/-Def), I was wondering what to with this one. The options I'm considering right now are:

1) Keep him for double Takumi arena defense

2) Merge him in my previous Takumi for the SP and stats

3) Sacrifice him to give someone Close Counter, though I don't know who'd really like to have it since I never really saw Close Counter as a recommended skill on most hero builds. (the only one I'm considering right now is my +Def/-Spd Leo that could reach 35 Def and 36 Res with Fortify Cavalry and has Quick Riposte built in.)

Also, I got a +Spd/-Atk Raven and I was wondering which to keep between him and my +Def/-HP one.

Edited by LuxSpes

Just now, LuxSpes said:

So I just got a second Takumi which is great, but the sad part is that he has an horrible nature (+Res/-Spd).

Considering, I already have a Takumi with a more serviceable nature (+HP/-Def), I was wondering what to with this one. The options I'm considering right now are:

1) Keep him for double Takumi arena defense

2) Merge him in my previous Takumi for the SP and stats

3) Sacrifice him to give someone Close Counter, though I don't know who'd really like to have it since I never really saw Close Counter as a recommended skill on most hero builds. (the only one I'm considering right now is my +Def/-Spd Leo that could reach 35 Def and 36 Res with Fortify Cavalry and has Quick Riposte built in.)

Option 2 would probably be best. 30 Spd isn't cutting it for Arena Defense, and Close Counter is less useful overall for skill inheritance compared to Distant Counter. Leo makes a good case for it with his bulk, but even then.

44 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

If you're going to do this, Robin (both male and female) are probably the best candidates. Both have usable bulk (unlike most mages), a good defensive color (unlike Leo), don't require Triangle Adept to shine (unlike Sophia), and hit hard enough on the Quick Riposte counterattack (unlike Odin and Henry).

53 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Also, I got a +Spd/-Atk Raven and I was wondering which to keep between him and my +Def/-HP one.

+Def/-HP is the better one imo. Don't sacrifice his attack. 

That +Def is really useful for Raven since he's normally really frail. My Raven is -Def and he dies to everything so I use Minerva instead.

Edited by MidnightFE

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you're going to do this, Robin (both male and female) are probably the best candidates. Both have usable bulk (unlike most mages), a good defensive color (unlike Leo), don't require Triangle Adept to shine (unlike Sophia), and hit hard enough on the Quick Riposte counterattack (unlike Odin and Henry).

Just thought I'd say I came across a +10 M!Robin with TA in arena and that was not a good time for me lmao

50 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Option 2 would probably be best. 30 Spd isn't cutting it for Arena Defense, and Close Counter is less useful overall for skill inheritance compared to Distant Counter. Leo makes a good case for it with his bulk, but even then.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Thanks for the input, I think I'll either merge him or just keep him in case some units that can abuse Close Counter even more than Takumi ever comes around.

1 minute ago, MidnightFE said:

+Def/-HP is the better one imo. Don't sacrifice his attack. 

Yeah, the 38 Speed is great, but I didn't think it was worth the attack loss.

1 minute ago, MidnightFE said:

Just thought I'd say I came across a +10 M!Robin with TA in arena and that was not a good time for me lmao

The main thing is that Robin doesn't need Triangle Adept to do his job. It's a good skill to use, but he can still put in work without it.

The comparison with Sophia is meant to highlight that Triangle Adept is a nice-to-have for Robin, but is a must-have for Sophia. Sophia's job is to tank hits from green units, and green has a lot of characters (Hector, Camilla, Spring Camilla, Cherche, Nino, Cecilia) that hit Sophia extremely hard despite her defenses without Triangle Adept to reinforce her bulk due to her low Spd.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The main thing is that Robin doesn't need Triangle Adept to do his job. It's a good skill to use, but he can still put in work without it.

The comparison with Sophia is meant to highlight that Triangle Adept is a nice-to-have for Robin, but is a must-have for Sophia. Sophia's job is to tank hits from green units, and green has a lot of characters (Hector, Camilla, Spring Camilla, Cherche, Nino, Cecilia) that hit Sophia extremely hard despite her defenses without Triangle Adept to reinforce her bulk due to her low Spd.

I get that I'm just saying Robin can be scary sometimes lol 

I have a 4* M!Robin myself and I'm considering making him a 5* since I don't have any solid blue tome users.

Edited by MidnightFE

I gave Caeda Glacies. I know she's not the best character but I like flying units and also her in particular. Should I keep rolling reds to give her a Killing Edge or something? Armorslayer is only good vs Hector... :/ but I have Tharja to deal with him

19 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I gave Caeda Glacies. I know she's not the best character but I like flying units and also her in particular. Should I keep rolling reds to give her a Killing Edge or something? Armorslayer is only good vs Hector... :/ but I have Tharja to deal with him

Killing Edge is fine, though imo Iceberg works better with it, since her Atk is low enough that she wants the proc in one round of combat to secure the KO.

Hello everyone!  Back again!  I was finally able to pull a four star kagero (really wanted her!!)  And I would like advice on what skills and triggers would be good on her (I already have vantage 3 on her).  My current team is Lucina, Hector, MRobin, and Bunny Lucina (plan on replacing bunny lucina with kagero).  Kagero's IV's are bad (+res, -spd) but I still want to use her, and if I'm lucky enough to pull a better one I'll want to have a Kagero to pass things onto the new one, so if you could help that would be great!  If you need details of my team to help I will post them below:

Lucina (+atk, -def) - Swap - Luna - Fury 3, Renewal 3, Spur Atk 3, Speed+1

MRobin +1 (+HP, - Res) - Reposition - Bonfire - Triangle Adept 3, Poison Strike 3(This will be swordbreaker 3 if I can find one), Spur Def 3

Hector (+ Spd, -Def) - Pivot - Bonfire - Distant Counter, Vantage 3, Spur Atk 2, HP +3

Please let me know what you think!  Thanks!

Just now, LordFrigid said:

Killing Edge is fine, though imo Iceberg works better with it, since her Atk is low enough that she wants the proc in one round of combat to secure the KO.

Hmm I didn't think of Iceberg. Too late for that! :( Maybe I'll just keep looking around for a killing edge user

1 hour ago, Trickity said:

Hello everyone!  Back again!  I was finally able to pull a four star kagero (really wanted her!!)  And I would like advice on what skills and triggers would be good on her (I already have vantage 3 on her).  My current team is Lucina, Hector, MRobin, and Bunny Lucina (plan on replacing bunny lucina with kagero).  Kagero's IV's are bad (+res, -spd) but I still want to use her, and if I'm lucky enough to pull a better one I'll want to have a Kagero to pass things onto the new one, so if you could help that would be great!  If you need details of my team to help I will post them below:

Lucina (+atk, -def) - Swap - Luna - Fury 3, Renewal 3, Spur Atk 3, Speed+1

MRobin +1 (+HP, - Res) - Reposition - Bonfire - Triangle Adept 3, Poison Strike 3(This will be swordbreaker 3 if I can find one), Spur Def 3

Hector (+ Spd, -Def) - Pivot - Bonfire - Distant Counter, Vantage 3, Spur Atk 2, HP +3

Please let me know what you think!  Thanks!

Hi there! With +RES, Kagero will probably be pretty good at taking out mages. judging by your team, I think she'll have the highest RES out of all of them. -SPD can be a bummer though. If you decide to go the mage killer route, she'll probably benefit from some sort of tomebreaker. Robin can handle red tomes pretty well, so maybe blue or green is a good join for her. Threaten SPD or DEF may be a good choice for her C slot. But keep in mind that she won't do much damage to non-infantry units regardless. Deathblow may be a good choice for her to help her hit harder on player phase. But I think she's best suited for staying out of direct combat as much as possible.

I haven't really used Kagero much myself, but I just got her on my secondary account.

And now, I have another question for the masses. (I ask too many of these, but I like to learn. )  I just pulled a fabulous 4 star Virion. To be honest, he's one of my fave Awakening characters, and I think he may be my next 5 star promotion. (I had really been hoping for a good one.) He's +SPD and -HP...and I was comparing his stats to Takumi's, and you know, Virion has pretty great stats. This one beats Takumi in everything except ATK and RES. Naturally, Takumi has Close Counter which is the deciding factor in his OPness.

I think Virion will function well with the Silver Bow+. It's nothing special, but it has strength on its side. However some folks have recommended giving him Brave Bow+. Even with +SPD, he's not going to be getting many (or any) x4 attacks in. On the other hand, I got myself a Faye recently, so he has access to the Firesweep Bow+. Even though I haven't used Faye yet, it looks like her bow is good for taking out colorless units and mages. Virion's RES isn't nearly high enough to take out mages (unless he can oneshot them).

So thoughts on his weapon? And potential role on a team?

10 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I think Virion will function well with the Silver Bow+. It's nothing special, but it has strength on its side. However some folks have recommended giving him Brave Bow+. Even with +SPD, he's not going to be getting many (or any) x4 attacks in. On the other hand, I got myself a Faye recently, so he has access to the Firesweep Bow+. Even though I haven't used Faye yet, it looks like her bow is good for taking out colorless units and mages. Virion's RES isn't nearly high enough to take out mages (unless he can oneshot them).

So thoughts on his weapon? And potential role on a team?

What is with people and always wanting to hit 4x for 0 rather than twice for lethal?

Virion has the same Atk as Klein, he's better than Setsuna with a Brave Bow+ and DB3. He's a perfectly fine brave user, even if he costs more to get going than other options.

(Of course, you can just run Klein instead. Always an option where you don't spend 60k feathers to turning people into Klein-lite.)

His default kit is also completely fine---decent speed and damage meaning if he doubles, he'll probably KO. Seal speed means he has a niche as a chipper even if he can't 1RKO. Not top tier, but not dead weight either.

4 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

What is with people and always wanting to hit 4x for 0 rather than twice for lethal?

Virion has the same Atk as Klein, he's better than Setsuna with a Brave Bow+ and DB3. He's a perfectly fine brave user, even if he costs more to get going than other options.

(Of course, you can just run Klein instead. Always an option where you don't spend 60k feathers to turning people into Klein-lite.)

His default kit is also completely fine---decent speed and damage meaning if he doubles, he'll probably KO. Seal speed means he has a niche as a chipper even if he can't 1RKO. Not top tier, but not dead weight either.

Most of his kit is fine.  Defiant RES is absolutely useless, because if he's in range of it, he'll die to the next attack anyway.  I put Spd +3 on him and it turns him into a harder-hitting Setsuna who debuffs like crazy.

I adore Setsuna, BTW.  It means a free kill for Spring Camilla, since Brave Bow ensures that Camilla takes zero damage.

3 hours ago, Zero1000 said:

I'm going to give QR2 to Michalis, but I have a 2* untrained and a 3* Lv.35 Subaki. Which one should I use for the skill?

Depends on 3* Subaki's boon/bane.

Edited by eclipse

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

So does Quick Riposte trump Wary Fighter, or was that Effie my Michalis just two-shot a noob?

When there's two skills that mess with the natural doubling order, it reverts back to the basic damage formula.

3 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

They both are the free ones, so they're neutral.

I'd say the 2* one.  Yes, it's more feathers.  However, the 3* one can be used for future content, without having to train him.

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

So does Quick Riposte trump Wary Fighter, or was that Effie my Michalis just two-shot a noob?

If a skill says you cannot use a follow-up attack and another skill says you always use a follow-up attack and both are active, then you will use a follow-up attack if your Spd exceeds your opponent's by 5 points.

Looking for more investment opinions since feathers aren't that common.

Is +Spd -Res good on Male Robin? I figure he's meant to be tanky, so dunno if he needs the Speed.

What about +Atk -Res female Corrin? Likewise, is she better suited to be a tank than a hitter? (Or should I merge her Dark Breath onto Tiki? : P)

Finally, I got a neutral Nino and a neutral-ish Kagero. Is there much point in using them or should I wait until I get better boon/bane? For reference, my only decent Green is a 4 star Cherche (who admittedly is a beast) and I already have a -Atk 5 star Kagero.

27 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Looking for more investment opinions since feathers aren't that common.

Is +Spd -Res good on Male Robin? I figure he's meant to be tanky, so dunno if he needs the Speed.

What about +Atk -Res female Corrin? Likewise, is she better suited to be a tank than a hitter? (Or should I merge her Dark Breath onto Tiki? : P)

Finally, I got a neutral Nino and a neutral-ish Kagero. Is there much point in using them or should I wait until I get better boon/bane? For reference, my only decent Green is a 4 star Cherche (who admittedly is a beast) and I already have a -Atk 5 star Kagero.

A neural Nino is better than a -Atk, or -Speed one. So I'd say just use her, unless you want to wait for a better one and if you have Elieson's luck, that may never happen.

Dark breath on Tiki makes no sense. Lightning breath on Tiki makes sense. And +Atk F Corrin is quite nice since her attack is pretty decent anyway. She'll get 31 attack at base. +Spd (or +Def maybe) is prefered, but if she's got Fury on then I say it really doesn't matter (Fury on any manakete is good lol)

+Spd Male robin I have mixed feelings about. I just say screw it and use him. As long as he isn't -Atk, -Hp, or -Def then I'm happy no matter what the + is. (Mine is +HP -Res which means HP seal gives him 46 health for maximum longevity on swordbreaker)

How viable would Galeforce be on Minerva?

With the Hauteclere she would be able to proc it every two battles (4 actions) and she generally has the attack power to kill most things without procs.

Main issue would be the insane requirements to get her that skill.

You would need to:

1. Sacrifice 5 star Lyn / Cordelia
  2. Get 150 SP for Night Sky
  3. Get 300 SP for Astra
  4. Get 750 SP (oh god why) for Galeforce

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

A neural Nino is better than a -Atk, or -Speed one. So I'd say just use her, unless you want to wait for a better one and if you have Elieson's luck, that may never happen.

Dark breath on Tiki makes no sense. Lightning breath on Tiki makes sense. And +Atk F Corrin is quite nice since her attack is pretty decent anyway. She'll get 31 attack at base. +Spd (or +Def maybe) is prefered, but if she's got Fury on then I say it really doesn't matter (Fury on any manakete is good lol)

+Spd Male robin I have mixed feelings about. I just say screw it and use him. As long as he isn't -Atk, -Hp, or -Def then I'm happy no matter what the + is. (Mine is +HP -Res which means HP seal gives him 46 health for maximum longevity on swordbreaker)

Thanks for the feedback ^^

Yeah, it took waaaay too long to get this first Nino despite her being pretty common.

Oh man, I totally forgot about Lightning Breath. Gonna feel weird sacrificing the future version of her to get it : P